Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:05:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 [564] 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1065

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 05:13:21 PM

HF had did save some coins but had to sell them to pay for refunds and other expenses.
Selling bitcoins to pay refunds denominated in bitcoins?

Our intellectual bulldozer seems to be running on the last fumes to power his bulldozery.

I always had trouble understanding the "fun" part in "scamming Bitcoiners for fun and profit", but after reading some threads in the mining section I think I begin to understand how some people derive fun in those situations.

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 05:21:46 PM

HF had did save some coins but had to sell them to pay for refunds and other expenses.

Our intellectual bulldozer seems to be running on the last fumes to power his bulldozery.

I always had trouble understanding the "fun" part in "scamming Bitcoiners for fun and profit", but after reading some threads in the mining section I think I begin to understand how some people derive fun in those situations.

Read other expenses as Simon & team salaries/siphoning money out of the company. Also the real ratio between refunds and other expenses is in favor of other expenses.

jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 05:37:28 PM

Read other expenses as Simon & team salaries/siphoning money out of the company. Also the real ratio between refunds and other expenses is in favor of other expenses.

I am pretty sure they have btc offline somewhere... I know from my payment, 2 steps away 1 or 2 weeks after payment is a 3000 btc addy.

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 05:58:45 PM

I am pretty sure they have btc offline somewhere... I know from my payment, 2 steps away 1 or 2 weeks after payment is a 3000 btc addy.

Maybe we should do something to invoke our forensics forum member Gleb to trace HF coins.

jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:10:57 PM

Maybe we should do something to invoke our forensics forum member Gleb to trace HF coins.

here are my 210 coins.. and many others!

https://blockchain.info/address/1KFrqkEGy6Yq7X4SYCbYoj8HEwfbWVUDJ9

Public Note: This pos is currently holding around $2M worth of HashFast's creditors money and will do whatever he can to block the rightful restitution of the amount to the people he stole from.

edit:

as you can see, this was the 250 I had in a vanity addy:  1jimbit4n64hDR74dAFeuj2nCDtuLZ6oT

https://blockchain.info/address/1jimbit4n64hDR74dAFeuj2nCDtuLZ6oT

https://blockchain.info/address/1DaNMtrcVX5zfuRCNCKQgVN7qvPm8qZooU
https://blockchain.info/address/17hCi8apMUkzzLLJgUwfXxRJuykuo5Lcur
https://blockchain.info/address/1KFrqkEGy6Yq7X4SYCbYoj8HEwfbWVUDJ9

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
jungle_dave

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 09:40:59 PM

So, just out of curiosity,
Did Hashfast ever pay anyone. I was double scammed via a group buy here, live and learn..

Legend21

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 01:26:42 AM

Simon Barber and Eduardo de Castro, both must go in the baddest jail, and throw away the key.
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 02:26:42 AM

Did Hashfast ever pay anyone. I was double scammed via a group buy here, live and learn..

I do recall there were a couple of people that cashed their $ refund. But that's just a couple. As our tard shill explained HF never had enough money to fully refund everyone from Batch 1 because that's that HF is good at. Taking a shit ton of pre-order money and not being able to deliver anything.

ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 02:38:58 AM

If you just give me money now, I'll promise up front not to return any of it.  I'll even give you a sincere, hand written thank you note.  I'm even willing to take a friend anywhere in the world and send nice pictures if we raise enough funds.

I also have some Batch 2 Avalons.  I can throw in random pictures from them from time to time. 

No fraud, no deception, no lawsuits, no anger.  Way better all the way around.

I try to be respectful and informed.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 02:39:40 AM

Did Hashfast ever pay anyone.

Simon and Eduardo got paid lots!

Buy & Hold
jungle_dave

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 05:11:41 AM

I do recall there were a couple of people that cashed their $ refund. But that's just a couple. As our tard shill explained HF never had enough money to fully refund everyone from Batch 1 because that's that HF is good at. Taking a shit ton of pre-order money and not being able to deliver anything.

I had "shares" in batch 1, batch 2 and the upgrades promised.

Maybe Icebreaker would like to refund the cash value in US dollars to me personally.
If he did out of the goodness of his heart having nothing to do with hashfast just being the stand up guy he says he is, it would be great.

btc WALLET
17EP7EceUBEQ4AFY14onKZHruM7Yg5xBUw

or btc-e voucher in USD, RUR or euro. Its about $800.
No big deal since we all support each other and love the crypto world so, if you do I will post what a great guy you are. BTW my kid has diabetes and we need an insulin pump as of recently so everything helps.

Thanks in advance Ice,

Your sponser,

Dave
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 06:00:31 PM

Simon and Eduardo got paid lots!
Simon, Edward, John, Tim, Amy, etc... There is a very long list of people that made a lot of money out of this lying to you.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 04:35:07 AM

You're not paying attention and getting confused.  You also ignored the key phrase "and other expenses."

HF wanted to give customers the option of refunds in BTC.  That option was precluded by the legal scrutiny/expenses brought by PMorici, etc.

This is isn't hard; this has been explained at least five times already.

"Bulldozer?"  Bah, I eat a bowl full of those for breakfast.  I am a 75,000 HP icebreaker powered by fission, not "fumes."   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 05:03:59 AM

While in general I tend to agree with the concept that the units were denominated in USD and refunds would have been that amount, in jjiimm_64's case he was explicitly promised his BTC51 back, with no exclusions. If Hashfast was worried about unlimited liability on the BTC51 in the event that Bitcoin went to $1M, the simple solution would be to just not convert that BTC to USD. Yes that opens up the possibility that BTC would go to 0 and their payment is now worthless, but that's the choice they make when they offered him a full BTC51 refund.

J64 was not promised 51 coins back WITH NO EXCLUSIONS.  You and the others are adding in a "no matter what"' clause where none existed, or can be reasonably inferred to exist.  The legal standard for interpreting such a statement is ceteris paribus, not whatever wishful thinking buyers' remorse creates after the fact via argumentum ad butthurts.

How was HF supposed to pay for the pre-ordered devices to be built, if they didn't convert the BTC?  Magical charity elves?  Cargo cult ceremonies?

Nobody was misled into believing in a secret HF escrow or hedge fund.  The TOS don't mention escrow or hedge funds and BitPay is an affirmative repudiation of that conspiracy theory.

Thanks for discussing this like an adult, without resort to the childish 'OMG I'M IGNORING YOU LA-LA-LA I CANT HEAR YOU SO I WIN THE ARGUMENT EVEN THO I LOST IN COURT' approach, which is just a concession by another (less honest) method.

It's amazing how many people refuse to acknowledge they were taking a huge risky gamble on ASIC pre-orders, and not simply buying a toaster from Amazon.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 05:18:07 AM

It's obvious Hashfast made promises they could not keep because they never hedged. They did not keep a sizeable buffer of refund money in BTC. They did not get a reinsurance contract with a company like Swiss Re.

That shows either malicious intent or incompetence.

HF never claimed to be hedging with our BTC.  Where did you get the idea they were?  You just pulled that out of your ass.

Judge Montali specifically asked the US ATTY for evidence of fraud and/or incompetence.  She could not produce any.

At tremendous expense, about a dozen lawyers have gone over HF with a fine-tooth comb and found nothing amiss.

Businesses fail all the time due to nothing except bad luck and adverse market conditions, despite what PM's shitty atty says.

Get over your conceit that you are so smart only an evil villain could possibly cause you to lose BTC.

You had months in court to prove that, but completely failed to do anything but destroy our chances for compensation.

How much of a fuckwit are you to keep repeating debunked conspiracy theories about reinsurance and buffers, when such notions never had a basis in reality?

The only malicious intent and incompetence in this situation is to be found on the haters' side, in the form of defamation and repetition of buyer's remorse masquerading as cause for offense.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 05:18:39 AM

HF wanted to give customers the option of refunds in BTC.  That option was precluded by the legal scrutiny/expenses brought by PMorici, etc.

The legal scrutiny/expenses started in May right? What did HF do until then? I am pretty sure they haven't refunded everyone from Batch 1 until then so this is just a cheap excuse.

J64 was not promised 51 coins back WITH NO EXCLUSIONS.

There were no exclusions mentioned in the statement. How could J64 guess the exclusions since there was no mention of them? If the exclusion refers to the exchange rate please enlighten everyone how should we guess the limit exchange rate where HF couldn't offer a full BTC refund.

How was HF supposed to pay for the pre-ordered devices to be built, if they didn't convert the BTC?  Magical charity elves?  Cargo cult ceremonies?

HF promised a full refund in case of non-delivery except that they had no money, thus they lied about the refund!

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 05:20:17 AM

Icebreaker is it true you were hashfast_CL?
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 05:22:26 AM

complicit in the fraud.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 05:27:42 AM

complicit in the fraud.

Not only that but I'd argue that HF_CL is solely responsible for HF's downfall.

HF could have easily survived the onslaught of refunds if they just sold more chips/boards. But that didn't happen because HF_CL successfully turned the entire community against HF with his/her icebreaker-like bickering.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 05:38:07 AM

HF wanted to give customers the option of refunds in BTC.  That option was precluded by the legal scrutiny/expenses brought by PMorici, etc.

The legal scrutiny/expenses started in May right? What did HF do until then? I am pretty sure they haven't refunded everyone from Batch 1 until then so this is just a cheap excuse.

J64 was not promised 51 coins back WITH NO EXCLUSIONS.

There were no exclusions mentioned in the statement. How could J64 guess the exclusions since there was no mention of them? If the exclusion refers to the exchange rate please enlighten everyone how should we guess the limit exchange rate where HF couldn't offer a full BTC refund.

HF promised a full refund in case of non-delivery except that they had no money, thus they lied about the refund!

As long as you keep starting with invalid premises, you will continue to reach invalid conclusions.

Obvious to any observer is that you desire to reach invalid conclusions, to justify your vendetta against (of all things) a tiny start-up that was almost successful but suffered one setback too many.

Invalid Premise #1 is "full BTC refund means the EXACT NUMBER of BTC paid NO MATTER WHAT"

This was debunked months ago.  It was a ridiculous, impossible interpretation constructed to benefit the cupidity of its proponents.  There are many highly imaginative subplots to this conspiracy theory involving hedges, reinsurance, and secret escrow accounts, none of which were ever mentioned by HF or their TOS.

Invalid Premise #2 is "HF didn't refund their Batch One customers"

If you bother paying attention, you'll find out HF did offer refunds to all Batch One customers who requested them.  Only a few greedy fools insisted on refusing to cash their refund checks, as testament to their unshakeable belief in their right to a windfall.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 ... 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 [564] 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: