Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:52:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 [550] 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 02:13:09 AM

If you think you are right, please take the matter to court.  You will find, like pmorici already has, that your interpretation is FOS and won't hold water.   Grin

I don't need to take it to court because I haven't invested in this failure. It was clear from the moment that they promised full BTC refunds that something is fishy.

Now the real question is who burned more money? BFL or HashFail? Who do you think wins here?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 02:19:41 AM

Current value in USD + lost mining revenue in BTC also works. If they misrepresented their claims then any TOS is null and void and they're liable for the above. All the scam companies have massive farms and fat BTC wallets.

http://retrocalc.net/
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 02:20:11 AM

If you think you are right, please take the matter to court.  You will find, like pmorici already has, that your interpretation is FOS and won't hold water.   Grin

I don't need to take it to court because I haven't invested in this failure. It was clear from the moment that they promised full BTC refunds that something is fishy.

Now the real question is who burned more money? BFL or HashFail? Who do you think wins here?

Good for you!  It's nice that you won't have to waste your money on lawyers only to be proven wrong, like silly pmorici (who should know better) did and was.

I think BFL burned more money, as they had a ton more customers over their 3(?) generations of products.

Please note that while BFL was raided and caught wasting money on personal expenses, HF is being allowed to try and pull out of their tailspin via Chapter 11.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 02:25:13 AM

Good for you!  It's nice that you won't have to waste your money on lawyers only to be proven wrong, like silly pmorici (who should know better) did and was.

What about failed delivery dates. I thought in the TOS the delivery date was 31 December and I remember that HashFail failed to deliver by that date. How does that stand in court?

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 02:39:33 AM

HF is being allowed to try and pull out of their tailspin via Chapter 11.

It's been 4 1/2 months. How's that "pull out" working?

Buy & Hold
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 02:42:49 AM

HF is being allowed to try and pull out of their tailspin via Chapter 11.

It's been 4 1/2 months. How's that "pull out" working?

I think there was a hearing today.  Let's find out!

You are hoping for the best, so we creditors have a chance at some compensation, right?

I'd hate to think you're just a Negative Nancy here to dance on a grave...  Tongue

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
BitCoin Operated Boy

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 04:13:52 AM

Judges are not there to arrive at intelligent and informed decisions but they are there to make decisions according to their legal programming. There is a big difference between making decisons and arriving at decisions.

They are like robots trained to judge instead of understanding.
Judges have no education in regard to human behavioral biology or bio-psycho-social factors shaping human behaviour.
They don't have scientific nor technical knowledge.
They are there to enforce the law regardless of what the law says and if it has any coherent and intelligent back up in science and rational.

Just because some judge robot failed to recognise your sociopathic behaviour and socially parasitic attitude and deeds of your comapny doesn't mean that you are correct.

As I said, your constant smileys and cheerful nature in your replies with content lacking any regard and consideration for human beings you have exploited, self evidently proves that you are an utter sociopath.

The only people trying to exploit this unfortunate situation are the ones demanding windfalls at HF's expense.

Your generic indictments of all judges in general has no applicability to the specific case of HF as overseen by Judge Montali.

If you could be bothered to listen to the hearings, you'd find out he is intelligent, understands the issues presented, and is not a robot.

Spare us the armchair psychology.  Such ad hom is a cheap shot of last resort, because you don't have any good argument.   Roll Eyes

If the judge and I agreed with your position, you wouldn't be forced to substitute insult for analysis by pathologizing disagreement.   Cheesy

Good job awarding yourself the moral high ground.  Now please go tell Judge Montali his actions are incoherent and irrational to his face!

"Spare us the armchair psychology" - that is your another patronizing assumption. Illogical fallacy, because you have got no clue what is my education in this field.

First of all, no intelligent person would like to become a judge in the first place. Judges are products of our social environment same many other professions. They are similiar to police bring no value to humanity at all. Judges are trained to enforce the law, regardless of what the law says. If the law said that someone should be beheaded for parking the car in the wrong spot then the judge would enforce this law. Any judge in monetary based social system is a robot.

Also, you obviously have no clue what intelligence means, as you express little intelligence yourself.
Being intelligent doesn't mean being crafty and having a capability to solve complex cognitive problems. Being intelligent means how you apply your skills, talents, cognitive abilities and knowledge. You can apply it to either improve the well being of all humanity or you can apply it for self interest, interest some company, corporation etc. Intelligent person understands that everyone is interdependent all and we are all part of one environment all over the planet. So any actions causing harm to other people also ultimately hurt the person causing the harm; even if it seems that the person acquire some short term benefit from the action.

Your company has been a great example of an attempt to acquire qucik profit without any concern for your customers. There was no intelligent thinking behind the business plan.

Same as the judge, you are the robot with no intelligence. You are just automatically exisitng in order to preserve self interest and to expolit other people. With your every reply, you prove it more and more.

I will finish this conversation, because I have learnt  that there is no point in trying to explain things to a sociopath as they often lack capability of self questioning, self criticism, empathy and compasssion. You have been conditoned to be such a robot so it's not your fault, really. You cannot blame a sociopath for not having a chance to ever develop a sustainable emotional/congitive brain functions (since their pre-natal stage).

notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 02:30:29 PM

Judges are not there to arrive at intelligent and informed decisions but they are there to make decisions according to their legal programming. There is a big difference between making decisons and arriving at decisions.

They are like robots trained to judge instead of understanding.
Judges have no education in regard to human behavioral biology or bio-psycho-social factors shaping human behaviour.
They don't have scientific nor technical knowledge.
They are there to enforce the law regardless of what the law says and if it has any coherent and intelligent back up in science and rational.

Just because some judge robot failed to recognise your sociopathic behaviour and socially parasitic attitude and deeds of your comapny doesn't mean that you are correct.

As I said, your constant smileys and cheerful nature in your replies with content lacking any regard and consideration for human beings you have exploited, self evidently proves that you are an utter sociopath.

The only people trying to exploit this unfortunate situation are the ones demanding windfalls at HF's expense.

Your generic indictments of all judges in general has no applicability to the specific case of HF as overseen by Judge Montali.

If you could be bothered to listen to the hearings, you'd find out he is intelligent, understands the issues presented, and is not a robot.

Spare us the armchair psychology.  Such ad hom is a cheap shot of last resort, because you don't have any good argument.   Roll Eyes

If the judge and I agreed with your position, you wouldn't be forced to substitute insult for analysis by pathologizing disagreement.   Cheesy

Good job awarding yourself the moral high ground.  Now please go tell Judge Montali his actions are incoherent and irrational to his face!

"Spare us the armchair psychology" - that is your another patronizing assumption. Illogical fallacy, because you have got no clue what is my education in this field.

First of all, no intelligent person would like to become a judge in the first place. Judges are products of our social environment same many other professions. They are similiar to police bring no value to humanity at all. Judges are trained to enforce the law, regardless of what the law says. If the law said that someone should be beheaded for parking the car in the wrong spot then the judge would enforce this law. Any judge in monetary based social system is a robot.

Also, you obviously have no clue what intelligence means, as you express little intelligence yourself.
Being intelligent doesn't mean being crafty and having a capability to solve complex cognitive problems. Being intelligent means how you apply your skills, talents, cognitive abilities and knowledge. You can apply it to either improve the well being of all humanity or you can apply it for self interest, interest some company, corporation etc. Intelligent person understands that everyone is interdependent all and we are all part of one environment all over the planet. So any actions causing harm to other people also ultimately hurt the person causing the harm; even if it seems that the person acquire some short term benefit from the action.

Your company has been a great example of an attempt to acquire qucik profit without any concern for your customers. There was no intelligent thinking behind the business plan.

Same as the judge, you are the robot with no intelligence. You are just automatically exisitng in order to preserve self interest and to expolit other people. With your every reply, you prove it more and more.

I will finish this conversation, because I have learnt  that there is no point in trying to explain things to a sociopath as they often lack capability of self questioning, self criticism, empathy and compasssion. You have been conditoned to be such a robot so it's not your fault, really. You cannot blame a sociopath for not having a chance to ever develop a sustainable emotional/congitive brain functions (since their pre-natal stage).

What if its not self interest and he's giving the money to fund religious extremism and jihad to the unbelieving customers.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 10:36:00 PM

Plenty of intelligent people become judges.  The logical fallacy in your (always and never) statement is: No True Scotsman.

I don't GAS what your education is; your Marxist Freudian psychology is a folk science which predates the cognitive revolution and is thus invalid on face.  Besides, I assure you I've studied cognition and critical theory (including CLS) more deeply and at much higher levels than you have.  The difference is that I can entertain those trendy ideas without believing them, while your credulous pea brain provided for a willing convert to sophomoric pop psychology.

Pathologizing disagreement with mental critiques of your opponent is a hallmark of Marxists of well.  So take all your tired old boring generic criticisms of judges in general (which you are too lazy to prove apply to Judge Montai in the case of HF) and please GFY in your commie pinko arse!   Kiss

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 11:18:50 PM

iCEBREAKER why are you avoiding my questions? When was the agreed TOS delivery date for batch 1? Has HF met this date? What about MPP?

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 11:32:48 PM

iCEBREAKER why are you avoiding my questions? When was the agreed TOS delivery date for batch 1? Has HF met this date? What about MPP?

RS, these questions have already been answered in this thread.

I think you know that, and how to use the search function, but are trying to pester me regardless.

Just to humor you, I'll respond.

The Dec 31 date for Batch 1 passed, triggering a wave of refunds.  Some people wisely cashed their refund checks, while others choose to follow gmaxwell and pmorici's terrible advise to be greedy goobers and hold out for a windfall, which resulted in them getting nothing.

MPP was going to be paid out in the form of raw chips, but unfortunately the bankruptcy filing stopped that process.

Since you're not a HF customer, may I ask why you even care?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 12:23:51 AM

I think you know that, and how to use the search function, but are trying to pester me regardless.

The Dec 31 date for Batch 1 passed, triggering a wave of refunds.  Some people wisely cashed their refund checks, while others choose to follow gmaxwell and pmorici's terrible advise to be greedy goobers and hold out for a windfall, which resulted in them getting nothing.

MPP was going to be paid out in the form of raw chips, but unfortunately the bankruptcy filing stopped that process.

The bankruptcy stopped the MPP? How come? When did the bankruptcy started? I remember that the MPP was promised after 4 months of the failed date.

I care because I'm testing my general points of view with you.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 01:03:04 AM

The bankruptcy stopped the MPP? How come? When did the bankruptcy started? I remember that the MPP was promised after 4 months of the failed date.

The bankruptcy stopped MPP settlements in chips because it required HF to stop all expenditures and movement of assets.

It's important to note that we would have our MPP chips if not for the lawsuit happy Enrich-The-Lawyers committee precluding such actions.

Besides using the search function on this thread, you may find more answers here:

https://cases.processgeneral.com/cases/case/5/hashfast-technologies-llc/   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 01:31:20 AM

The bankruptcy stopped MPP settlements in chips because it required HF to stop all expenditures and movement of assets.

It's important to note that we would have our MPP chips if not for the lawsuit happy Enrich-The-Lawyers committee precluding such actions.

Besides using the search function on this thread, you may find more answers here:

https://cases.processgeneral.com/cases/case/5/hashfast-technologies-llc/   Wink

Again avoiding relevant questions. I see that the bankruptcy was filled on 9 May. Wasn't the MPP supposed to ship in the first 4 months? So that would mean that the case filling was AFTER HF had to deliver the MPP. Please correct me.

Syke
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 03:11:15 AM

Impressive imagination again. Let's see the truth:

http://hashfast.com/official-update-on-the-miner-protection-program/

full modules will be made available to cover any MPP obligation to Batch 1 Baby Jet customers.

Oh, look, the MPP isn't "just chips".

Buy & Hold
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 03:29:12 AM

Again avoiding relevant questions. I see that the bankruptcy was filled on 9 May. Wasn't the MPP supposed to ship in the first 4 months? So that would mean that the case filling was AFTER HF had to deliver the MPP. Please correct me.

MPP was due 90 days after delivery of the miner. HF started delivering miners in late Dec, which would mean the MPP should have been started in April. In March, HF announced delays to the MPP deliveries, "expecting" to start in June. Obviously March and April are before May, so HF was already in violation of the MPP by the time the bankruptcy filing occurred.

Buy & Hold
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 03:58:32 AM

MPP was due 90 days after delivery of the miner. HF started delivering miners in late Dec, which would mean the MPP should have been started in April. In March, HF announced delays to the MPP deliveries, "expecting" to start in June. Obviously March and April are before May, so HF was already in violation of the MPP by the time the bankruptcy filing occurred.

I am waiting on iCEBREAKER's stand on this, hoping he will not ignore it.

Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 10:04:30 AM

I bet he has a answer but it will take longer to find a logic behind the answer so give him enough space.  Wink

Ilan123

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 07:50:48 PM

What about the rest of us, what about my batch 4 refund request what were we gonna get, or was I shafted from the moment I paid! All this banging on about bit coin refunds, I paid with cash and all I got was a crappy call from the CEO, which I recorded, don't know why I bothered!

Claim over $20 in Crypto for downloading the Legion Network App https://register.legionnetwork.io/NpZ9mjo
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 07:57:39 PM

I bet he has a answer but it will take longer to find a logic behind the answer so give him enough space.  Wink

"Find a logic?"  What would we do without Gyrsur trying to get in his bitchy little digs for no good reason?   Cheesy

MPP was delayed because HF could only test chips and build boards so fast due to logistical/financial constraints, and shipping Batch 2,3,4 was the priority.

Meanwhile, raw chips became a viable option as Peppermining and others set up parallel board assembly operations.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 ... 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 [550] 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: