Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:05:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 [567] 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
pmorici

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 06:28:11 PM

iCEBREAKER can live in his broken reality but the fact that some US legal representative(s) do not see how the economics of Bitcoin works doesn't mean that what their ruling is right and just.

Fact is there hasn't been a single decision from any court yet dealing with the issues of Hashfast's promise of refunds, or the legality of Hashfast's shady business practices.

Icebreaker seems to think so. Did I misread that?  Roll Eyes

No, you read what he wrote correctly; he is miss informed or misrepresenting what has happened so far to mean something it does not.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HardwareReviewer

Activity: 255

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 08:55:37 PM

iCEBREAKER can live in his broken reality but the fact that some US legal representative(s) do not see how the economics of Bitcoin works doesn't mean that what their ruling is right and just.

Fact is there hasn't been a single decision from any court yet dealing with the issues of Hashfast's promise of refunds, or the legality of Hashfast's shady business practices.

Icebreaker seems to think so. Did I misread that?  Roll Eyes

No, you read what he wrote correctly; he is miss informed or misrepresenting what has happened so far to mean something it does not.

Like he has been doing all the time.

Now when are we gonna get our 0.001% back?

Prepare to enter a world of stress
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 10:58:16 PM

Code:
# python
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> 400-700 > 0
False

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
HardwareReviewer

Activity: 255

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 11:00:50 PM

Code:
# python
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> 400-700 > 0
False

Oh right, I forgot!

Tried evaluating in a different programming language, unfortunately with the same result.

Prepare to enter a world of stress
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1065

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:27:14 AM

I really don't get it, do people not value their life's character that much to throw it away on a scam? For what?

And so I learn Simon abuses Xanax (has a prescription--same thing) so that explains part of it.
I couldn't understand this too, when I was younger and inexperienced. After few years on Bitcointalk I started to better understand the psychology of the hustlers that associate here. The old saying is "it is not about the catch, it is about the chase". For a hustler the good hustle is better than orgasm, money is just a nice thing on a side.

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 07:46:01 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2014, 10:32:38 AM by vokain

I really don't get it, do people not value their life's character that much to throw it away on a scam? For what?

And so I learn Simon abuses Xanax (has a prescription--same thing) so that explains part of it.
I couldn't understand this too, when I was younger and inexperienced. After few years on Bitcointalk I started to better understand the psychology of the hustlers that associate here. The old saying is "it is not about the catch, it is about the chase". For a hustler the good hustle is better than orgasm, money is just a nice thing on a side.

Cretins. "There's a hell of a good universe next door"
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 09:19:34 PM

http://www.canb.uscourts.gov/judges/montali

This Judge is an expert on bankruptcy.  He doesn't need to understand smoothie's (conspicuously unspecified) "economics of how Bitcoin works" to make a "right and just" ruling on Chapter 11 vs Chapter 7.

Did Bitcoin invent some new kind of economics?  I'm 99.9% certain Judge Montali studied economics when he got his BA from Notre Dame, his JD from Berkeley, and then SPENT 30 FUCKING YEARS BEING AN EXPERT ON BUSINESS LAW.

smoothie uses deflection to minimize the overwhelming authority of Judge Montali, who is far from just "some US legal representative."  Rather than explain where the Court is wrong and elaborate his argument, the dishonest troll merely insinuates, like a coward.

Judge Montali has clearly forgotten more about economics than smoothie will ever understand.  And we all know if the Judge had found evidence of HF doing something wrong, smoothie would be crowing about it.  What a giant hypocrite! 

As for Morici, his spectacularly ill advised legal shenanigans are now backfiring in yet another fiasco, as the HashFast creditors' lawyers bicker and fight among themselves over the last scraps of cash:

https://processgeneral.s3.amazonaws.com/media/case_5/document/Docket%20247.pdf?Signature=ZXYYl1avIwFFXHExmDcv9S9NHBU%3D&Expires=1419024613&AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAINPHWHY7KWKMORRQ

The above produced this glorious avalanche of juicy, entertaining drama:

https://processgeneral.s3.amazonaws.com/media/case_5/document/Docket%20252.pdf?Signature=sE7HxjSbyWzZNEmB6fLxWGMxF%2Bc%3D&Expires=1419024738&AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAINPHWHY7KWKMORRQ

Isn't it great HF's last dollars are being used to fund bickering lawyers, instead of building ASICs or paying refunds?   Cheesy

Timmy and Pete are doing a heck of a job screwing us creditors with their legalistic Samson Option.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 09:23:26 PM

Isn't it great HF's last dollars are being used to fund bickering lawyers, instead of building ASICs or paying refunds?   Cheesy

Didn't know that you can build ASICs with $400k.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 09:40:21 PM

Didn't know that you can build ASICs with $400k.

The chips are ready, they just need to be put on boards and used.  $400k puts a lot of chips on boards.

Didn't know that you are too dim to understand phrases like "or paying refunds."

It's cute you feel compelled to gainsay my every post.  I should sell you a fan club t-shirt.   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 10:10:22 PM

$400k puts a lot of chips on boards.

If 400k puts a lot of chips on boards then how come HF was unable to put a shitload of chips on boards with ~40M$ collected? Damn conundrums!

It's cute you feel compelled to gainsay my every post.  I should sell you a fan club t-shirt.   Wink

I'm sorry but I only collect t-shirts from companies that actually deliver worthy units and on time! (KnC and SP-Tech)*

*KnC t-shirt was collected last year when they had the best miner on the market

wpgdeez

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 11:48:21 PM

Over promise under deliver. It is to be expected.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 11:52:11 PM

HF should have thought of that in January and paid those refunds. And February. And March. And April. HF caused this situation. Not the lawyers.

Buy & Hold
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 11:58:21 PM

HF should have thought of that in January and paid those refunds. And February. And March. And April. HF caused this situation. Not the lawyers.

It's customer's fault!

Legend21

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 01:16:12 PM

at least i want 10 usd back, so i can pay my dogs food
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 05:14:22 PM

It's customer's fault!

RoadStress and Skye obviously need to have this explained like they are five:

"When the HashFast Goose is put into a Bankruptcy Stew, eggs can no longer be given to Little Johnny Customer and only Mr. & Mrs. Lawyer get to eat."

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 08:20:15 PM

"When the HashFast Goose is put into a Bankruptcy Stew, eggs can no longer be given to Little Johnny Customer and only Mr. & Mrs. Lawyer get to eat."

That's your defense, they wasted all their money so they shouldn't have been sued? LOL! They sold numerous batches of machines, but ran out of money after shipping part of 1 batch. Monumentally incompetent people running that business.

Buy & Hold
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 11:19:59 PM

Let's not call them incompetent, please, they are not.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 11:50:34 PM

http://www.canb.uscourts.gov/judges/montali

This Judge is an expert on bankruptcy.  He doesn't need to understand smoothie's (conspicuously unspecified) "economics of how Bitcoin works" to make a "right and just" ruling on Chapter 11 vs Chapter 7.

Did Bitcoin invent some new kind of economics?  I'm 99.9% certain Judge Montali studied economics when he got his BA from Notre Dame, his JD from Berkeley, and then SPENT 30 FUCKING YEARS BEING AN EXPERT ON BUSINESS LAW.

smoothie uses deflection to minimize the overwhelming authority of Judge Montali, who is far from just "some US legal representative."  Rather than explain where the Court is wrong and elaborate his argument, the dishonest troll merely insinuates, like a coward.

Judge Montali has clearly forgotten more about economics than smoothie will ever understand.  And we all know if the Judge had found evidence of HF doing something wrong, smoothie would be crowing about it.  What a giant hypocrite!  

As for Morici, his spectacularly ill advised legal shenanigans are now backfiring in yet another fiasco, as the HashFast creditors' lawyers bicker and fight among themselves over the last scraps of cash:

https://processgeneral.s3.amazonaws.com/media/case_5/document/Docket%20247.pdf?Signature=ZXYYl1avIwFFXHExmDcv9S9NHBU%3D&Expires=1419024613&AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAINPHWHY7KWKMORRQ

The above produced this glorious avalanche of juicy, entertaining drama:

https://processgeneral.s3.amazonaws.com/media/case_5/document/Docket%20252.pdf?Signature=sE7HxjSbyWzZNEmB6fLxWGMxF%2Bc%3D&Expires=1419024738&AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAINPHWHY7KWKMORRQ

Isn't it great HF's last dollars are being used to fund bickering lawyers, instead of building ASICs or paying refunds?   Cheesy

Timmy and Pete are doing a heck of a job screwing us creditors with their legalistic Samson Option.

Overwhemling authority?

Sorry but that judge/person has no authority over my life. Do I care what he has to say? No I don't. There are so many injustices in the federal/US court system that boggles the mind. Not surprising the outcome of this all is HashFail and its retards get off scott free.

Perhaps in their little court of law that the government allows this guy to be GOD, perhaps they have some pull, but it doesn't affect me one bit. Let's put things into the proper context before making assertions like "overwhelming authority".

I have no reason to explain further as the situation is very simple. Now follow me very carefully... Roll Eyes

1. Hashfast made promises that they could not deliver (knowing they couldn't deliver on those promises at certain points in time, but decided to keep that to themselves and take more preorder monies in...much like BFL).

2. Hash fast never delivers on those promises of refunds in BTC or delivery of ASICs and MPP.

Spin it however you want iCEBREAKER but I am no coward in any way shape or form. It seems you have stooped to a new level of name calling to get attention off of the glaring fact that you are in support of the shady business practices of HashFast.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 11:54:27 PM

That's your defense, they wasted all their money so they shouldn't have been sued? LOL! They sold numerous batches of machines, but ran out of money after shipping part of 1 batch. Monumentally incompetent people running that business.

The humor/entertainment comes from the fact that iCEBREAKER is sticking to his support of such a failed and incompetent business. At least there is some good coming out of this thread (even though many are suffering from their own personal losses in investing in HashFail).

My condolences to all who lost money with HashFail.  Cry

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 07:26:40 AM

The humor/entertainment comes from the fact that iCEBREAKER is sticking to his support of such a failed and incompetent business. At least there is some good coming out of this thread (even though many are suffering from their own personal losses in investing in HashFail).

...meanwhile advising us who lost money  that we can buy the equipment that we already paid for, all over again.
If that is not vindictive intimidation, then i don't know what is.

My condolences to all who lost money with HashFail.  Cry

ye live n learn eh.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Pages: « 1 ... 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 [567] 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: