Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:48:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 [552] 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880223 times)
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:44:21 AM

Here is another question. If HF spent all the money on chips and on PCB with what money were they supposed to build the MPP?

First, why are you even wasting your time arguing with that idiot?

Second, read what you wrote there.  Read it twice if you need to and think about what you're even trying to ask.  Unless, like iCEBREAKER, I too am an idiot and you meant this to be rhetorical.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:54:21 AM

Here is another question. If HF spent all the money on chips and on PCB with what money were they supposed to build the MPP?

First, why are you even wasting your time arguing with that idiot?

Second, read what you wrote there.  Read it twice if you need to and think about what you're even trying to ask.  Unless, like iCEBREAKER, I too am an idiot and you meant this to be rhetorical.

My mistake there. I wanted to say that HF spent all the money for all 4 batches and not for MPP. I assume that they thought they will be on target and they didn't spend money for MPP PCBs. So from the money they took for pre-orders which is 100% let's say they spent 50% on chips and 50% on PCBs only for the 4 batches. I refuse to believe that they were THAT stupid to spend their money on MPP PCBs too.

I am spending time with him to learn how things work and how can someone who raised more than $10M in pre-orders can make all the money vanish while not being able to ship even the first batch of miners.

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 03:02:16 AM

My mistake there. I wanted to say that HF spent all the money for all 4 batches and not for MPP. I assume that they thought they will be on target and they didn't spend money for MPP PCBs. So from the money they took for pre-orders which is 100% let's say they spent 50% on chips and 50% on PCBs only for the 4 batches. I refuse to believe that they were THAT stupid to spend their money on MPP PCBs too.

Gotcha  Wink  HF claimed to have ordered enough wafers to fulfill all of B2 and B1's MPP when they originally placed the B2 order.  To clarify, their first wafer order was to cover B1 and all of the private sales.  Order #2 from the foundry was for all of B2 and the MPP required for B1.  This is probably the likely truth if one considers the abundance of chips and wafers on hand at time of CH7/11 bankruptcy proceedings.

I am spending time with him to learn how things work and how can someone who raised more than $10M in pre-orders can make all the money vanish while not being able to ship even the first batch of miners.
Personally I don't think anything he knows is worth learning, but that's your choice.  As per raising more than $10M, my take is that they thought they were infallible.  Ordered a lot of chips, ordered a lot of boards, paid themselves handsomely on the premise that they had this all on lock down.  Reality came along and they were screwed because they were too arrogant.  iCEBREAKER's "adverse business conditions" can be taken as an eloquent way of saying the whole management team were a bunch of incompetent monkeys.
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 03:24:01 AM

Gotcha  Wink  HF claimed to have ordered enough wafers to fulfill all of B2 and B1's MPP when they originally placed the B2 order.  To clarify, their first wafer order was to cover B1 and all of the private sales.  Order #2 from the foundry was for all of B2 and the MPP required for B1.  This is probably the likely truth if one considers the abundance of chips and wafers on hand at time of CH7/11 bankruptcy proceedings.

Thank you for the details. So by this logic it means that when they made order #2 they already knew that they had to deliver B1 MPP. That didn't stopped them to open pre-orders for B3 and B4 for which they had no chips available. It means that they either hoped that the orders will not stop or it was a pure lie that they can deliver B3 and B4. Is that correct?

Personally I don't think anything he knows is worth learning, but that's your choice.  As per raising more than $10M, my take is that they thought they were infallible.  Ordered a lot of chips, ordered a lot of boards, paid themselves handsomely on the premise that they had this all on lock down.  Reality came along and they were screwed because they were too arrogant.  iCEBREAKER's "adverse business conditions" can be taken as an eloquent way of saying the whole management team were a bunch of incompetent monkeys.

Careful now. You don't want icetard to come and repeat for the 100 time that the incompetence didn't held up in court Smiley

But I still want to know how things went and I don't have that much free time to go through all court files. So HF raised money for 4 Batches, bought a lot of chips and PCB/components and they delivered only part of B1 right? Was the first batch fully delivered? If not what was the held up since they already had a working PCB? Also the bankruptcy was filled in May. Wtf was HF doing until May? Nothing?

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1190

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 04:07:50 AM

But I still want to know how things went and I don't have that much free time to go through all court files. So HF raised money for 4 Batches, bought a lot of chips and PCB/components and they delivered only part of B1 right? Was the first batch fully delivered? If not what was the held up since they already had a working PCB? Also the bankruptcy was filled in May. Wtf was HF doing until May? Nothing?

They spent all that time trying to get their "dud" of a board working. They eeked out enough refunds and working boards to finish up batch-1 end of March.

Buy & Hold
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 04:42:31 AM

They spent all that time trying to get their "dud" of a board working. They eeked out enough refunds and working boards to finish up batch-1 end of March.

But but...I thought they had a back-up plan.
HF hired two or three board designers, in case one of them failed.  If they hadn't, the miners would have shipped even later than they already did.

So two or three (how come icetard doesn't know the real number) board designers failed for more than 3 months? If I were HF in February I would have sent free sample chips and documentation to all board designers from this forum to help me get a damn board faster. If the fact that HF needed 4 full months to get a damn PCB working isn't a sign of pure incompetence then I don't know what it is. This and the fact they they had so much power concentrated in such a small area are their 2 biggest fails.

This is live bitcoin mining manufacturer history for me. I want to have plenty of stuff to share with my nephews so that's why I'm trying to get things straight.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 06:45:12 AM

BS, they shipped nothing except some Batch 1 devices. your words about this so called company sounds like they were professionals but in real live they were hobbyist with attitude to ripoff the Bitcoin community!

Your mistake is assuming that HF intention all along was to rip people off, just because the company failed.  That petulant attitude is not mature, honest, or helpful.

Were you really stupid enough to think that nothing unintentional could go wrong when pre-ordering an ambitiously spec'd ASIC from a tiny start-up?

Are you actually stupid enough to believe that malfeasance is the best or only explanation for what went wrong?

What do you expect them to do beyond their best effort?  Go to jail?  Commit seppuku?   Grin

Lol you sound really sensitive and touchy. All I did was translate what you said....buddy.
Haha Smiley

You didn't translate or paraphrase anything I said.  You tried to put words in my mouth and I called you out for it.

I also called you out for being too illiterate to be familiar with the heuristic "The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry."

I see you have no response to that, so we may assume you are indeed an idiot of stunning naivete who believes that a decent business plan guarantees success No Matter What.   Wink

Oh name calling? lol That's new...you remind me of Goat or Coinhoarder who likes to resort to those types of personal attack because they can't seem to see a scam when one is looking them right in their face.

Nothing surprising about this to me.  Tongue

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

HardwareReviewer

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 08:41:44 AM

Every single customer knows/feels he/she has been scammed by HashFast.

Nothing can change that, not even you, iCEBREAKER. If any, you are making it worse Smiley

The only thing a court ruling would reveal in this case, is whether it was a competent scam (well-executed scam, no evidence that it was a scam) or an incompentent scam (revealing the truth).

So they will go down in history as competent scammers, at best.

Cheers.

Prepare to enter a world of stress
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 10:34:47 AM

rhetorical question: how is it possible that other companies (e.g. bitcrane.com) managed it to get working boards with these HF chips and sell them to customers?

notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:44:24 PM

rhetorical question: how is it possible that other companies (e.g. bitcrane.com) managed it to get working boards with these HF chips and sell them to customers?

I'm guessing that it's the same way TechnoBit was able to make working boards with Black Arrow chips for sale in a under a month while almost a year after I paid for my order I still have nothing, refunds refused. I should note that TB royally screwed the BA customers who took in chips in exchange for their miners but hey at least they got some hardware eventually.
BitCoin Operated Boy

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 06:24:58 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2014, 06:40:49 PM by BitCoin Operated Boy

and please GFY in your commie pinko arse!   Kiss

I repeat once again. Your arrogant, patronizing comments, full of sarcastic, cynical and emotionally demeaning smileys/emoticons self evidently prove your mental attitude towards treatment of other human beings. You are a sociopath.
You have no remorse and no consideration for the fact that your company has exploited hundreds of people.
People lost their savings or got into debt. Many people lost their accomodation, because they couldn't pay up the rent.
Obviously, you think that it has been some kind of game and you find whole situation entertaining. You obviously think that these people in order for you to be able to fiddle with your company and people's money like little kids play with their toys.

Your houses/cars should be taken away from you to pay off the money you owe to customers adn your name should be made public to everyone around you as a warning. You should take consequences of your inconsiderate actions, you muppet.

You must have some kind of brain damage. You would be a great investor at Wall Street - Max Keiser, nicely explained your type of person in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnuCGp_RWDM

"Plenty of intelligent people become judges.  The logical fallacy in your (always and never) statement is: No True Scotsman."

I recommend to you to go out there and, actually check up what "No True Scotsman" illogical fallacy is.
Just because you are not capable of understanding the argument it doesn't make it an illogical fallacy. My point is based on logical conclusionm asserting what is intelligent behaviour and what is not.
As you cannot understand it then I will briefly explain to you how the laws are being generated, so if you are willing to, will make you understand why such profession as judge is not an intelligent profession.

Politicians are responsible for introducing new laws and policies. Almost every politican knows very little about anything relevant to improvement of the quality of society/natural environment. For example, how to technologically improve the safety of roads and transport system, how to eradicate social factors perpetuating homelessness, crime and lack of education, how to improve agricultural yield while making it more environmentally sustainable etc. Human/social problems since the dawn of men have always been of technical nature not of political nature. Politicians usually come from legal or financial background not technical/scientific background. Because they know so little, the only thing they are capable of doing is imposing some temporary, inefficient patchwork in the form of new law or policy. All laws/policies are meaningless paper proclamations which do not eradicate the root causes of the problems but provide a temporary relief. Laws are pseudo solutions which generate even more problems. It's sweeping up the problem under the carpet. For example, politicians introduce laws to punish people who developed susceptibility to become addicted to certain drugs by imprisoning them instead of trying to eradicate the root causes making all these people develop this suceptibility in the first place (the root causes would be poverty, unsustainable or abusive parenting, unsustainable educational system, value system disorder in society etc). It's easier for them to infinitely introduce pointless laws then make an effort to educate themselves and work on efficient solutions. lf laws were to improve the quality of social well-being, then considering the number of laws which had been constantly introduced, we would have been living in paradise by now. Instead we are living in more and more deeply distorted and controlled society.

There you have, the explanation why becoming a judge is not an intelligent thing to do, in the first place. Just becasue the law says something and just because your company has "won", it doesn't make the decision intelligent.

"I don't GAS what your education is; your Marxist Freudian psychology is a folk science which predates the cognitive revolution and is thus invalid on face. "

This is your another bullshit assumption and illogical fallacy. Nothing in my brief comments gave any hint of idea that I may follow some Marxist ideology or Freudian way of "psychology".

I'm neither interested in Marxist ideology not I am interesed in obsolete ideas of Freud. What I am interested in, are up to date understandings of human behaviour and psychology. If you had really explored the concepts which have evolved since cognitive revolution then you would not have any problem with understanding what I have written.
As you come up with illogical fallacies and fail to understand the human behaviour (otherwise you wouldn't be behaving the way you are) I will recommend you some interesting YT videos with up to date scientific research:
- "Introduction to Human Behavioral Biology". Sseries of lectures by Dr. Sapolsky from Stanford University.
- "Stress, Portrait of a Killer" documentary (the original title is different).
- "It's Genetic". Part 1 and Part 2.
- "PBS Nova S35E02 Ghost in your Genes" - Genetics and epigenetics.
- Alfie Kohn - The Deadly Effects of "Tougher Standards". Presentation.
- "Jacque Fresco - Free Will - Nov. 2, 2010"
- "Sam Harris - Free Will" - Presenation from Festival Of Dangerous Ideas 2012 in Sydney Opera House

Hopefully you will learn something about yourself from these.

"Besides, I assure you I've studied cognition and critical theory (including CLS) more deeply and at much higher levels than you have. "

If you did then it is time to update your knowledge to what science has discoverd recently.
Despite that, I'm not interested in Marxist related philosophies. I'm interested in scientific research.

"The difference is that I can entertain those trendy ideas without believing them, while your credulous pea brain provided for a willing convert to sophomoric pop psychology"

First of all, I do not BELIEVE in ANYTHING. I CONSIDER the most probable (rational) POSSIBILITIES by trying to take into account all facts I have been lucky to be aware that science has discovered so far...

"Pathologizing disagreement with mental critiques of your opponent is a hallmark of Marxists of well. "

Another assumption, not backed by any evidence and illogicla fallacy.
Nothing implies that I am Marxist. Just, becasue someone cares about human and environmental well being doesn't mean that they must ba a communist/Marxist etc.
It seems that you cannot think outside the box, so your limited understanding seem to revolve around obsolete political ideas of Communism, Fasciscm, Capitalism, Technocracy, Feudal system etc. You cannot comprehend that there may be someone not following any ideology and that there may be something else than these social systems and that someone may not follow any political ideology.
I follow science and intelligence not some bullshit political or religious ideology.

Your "Go F*ck Yourself in your commie pinko arse" comment proved again how primitive and mentally deficient you are.
I really wonder why so people here, humiliate themselves by still trying to strike some kind of deal with the person like you.
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 06:36:46 PM

So many letters, guys... What about HashFast?  Grin

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:21:22 PM

So we come semi-full circle here.  Wonder if Inaba wants to comment on this. Harh harh.

Liquidbits is one of several companies that comprise Coinware.

http://www.coinware.io/

One of Coinware's other ventures is Nimbus mining.

http://www.nimbusmining.com/

Nimbus mining is BFL's cloud mining host.

https://products.butterflylabs.com/nimbus-mining.html

Nimbus doesn't seem to have any other public customers.

Oh, headache.

So this guy Bachrach, who bought the huge HF order, has some major deal with BFL too.  I wonder to what extent he represents his own (and coinware fellow execs) capital, and to what extent he's fronting for other investors.  Would love to know the details of the BFL too.

I'm pretty sure that the #ASKFTC would like to know more are this marriage-of-convenience especially since HashTrade, LiquidBits' sister company own by the same Greg (Gregory) Bachrach, lied about paying BF Labs Inc. a million dollar down payment via BitPay for Monarchs.

I smell some major money laundering taking place here.
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:24:42 PM

So many letters, guys... What about HashFast?  Grin

HashFail! HF is dead. Nothing to hear about. Facts are facts no matter what any judge will say. The company that got the "fastest" chip went bankrupt faster than any other company, didn't deliver one full batch of miners and managed to spend all the money from 4 batches of miners on chips and tricks. Did I miss something?

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1190

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:44:37 PM

HashFail! HF is dead. Nothing to hear about. Facts are facts no matter what any judge will say. The company that got the "fastest" chip went bankrupt faster than any other company, didn't deliver one full batch of miners and managed to spend all the money from 4 batches of miners on chips and tricks. Did I miss something?

Always bet on ice?

Buy & Hold
Snoz

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:52:45 PM

You have no remorse and no consideration for the fact that your company has exploited hundreds of people.
People lost their savings or got into debt. Many people lost their accomodation, because they couldn't pay up the rent.

I've been desperately following this thread and searching the internet for more information about my my losses to HF, this line is so far the most truthful thing I have read so far, I know that I have lost my money and I accept that, what hurts me more is the fact I talked my wife in letting me borrow against our home loan to purchase it and now I feel I have let her down.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 08:17:24 AM

emotionally demeaning smileys/emoticons

OH NOZ THE SMILEYS DEMEANED YOUR EMOTIONS!?!?!?   Shocked

That lelzy phrase is the only worthwhile thing written in your great wall of text.   Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
armyof1ne

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 02:51:25 PM

emotionally demeaning smileys/emoticons

OH NOZ THE SMILEYS DEMEANED YOUR EMOTIONS!?!?!?   Shocked

That lelzy phrase is the only worthwhile thing written in your great wall of text.   Grin

You should fill that out there ICE... i mean, since your spotless company basically shit on you, and you are too stupid to see it... keep swimmin in it, it must feel like home to you.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 03:17:56 PM

You should fill that out there ICE... i mean, since your spotless company basically shit on you, and you are too stupid to see it... keep swimmin in it, it must feel like home to you.

No thanks, I don't plan to join those who are moaning about how their perceived zero-risk offer for a free lunch didn't turn out that way.   Tongue

Knowing when I ordered that Bitcoin ASICs and high tech start-ups are very risky, I am disappointed but not going to make a business transaction into something personal (unlike the Butthurt Brigade who need that form).   Cool

ALWAYS BET ON iCE...

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 05:25:14 PM

Knowing when I ordered that Bitcoin ASICs and high tech start-ups are very risky, I am disappointed but not going to make a business transaction into something personal (unlike the Butthurt Brigade who need that form).   Cool

ALWAYS BET ON iCE...

So...I see that you are evading question again.
If HF spent all the money on chips and on PCB with what money were they supposed to build the MPP?

Since you will not answer me to that let me ask you another question: Care to elaborate on HashFast back-up plan if they were unable to fully deliver their first batch of miners? What was HF doing until May when the bankruptcy started and why didn't they deliver their MPP for batch 1?

Pages: « 1 ... 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 [552] 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: