Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:32:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
HashFast_CL

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 03:50:14 AM

What happened to our FPGA?

https://hashfast.com/fpgayousay

Hi Amy,

There is a lot more great content on the HashFast blog that somehow escaped the forum's notice!

*shovels furiously*

1.  CG Miner screenshots

https://hashfast.com/cgminerscreenshots/
Posted on July 30, 2013 by Simon Barber
These are screenshots of the CGminer software output.

CG Miner is one of the standard mining software packages that can interface with either CPU, GPU or ASIC (Application Specific Integrated Circuit) mining equipment.

Here, it is integrated with our own driver for the HashFast ASIC, and is connected to a HashFast core running inside an FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array ), simulating the same logic that our ASIC is running. The following images show a demonstration of that ASIC logic actually running against BTC Guild and mining bitcoins.

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
regular

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 03:50:31 AM

So it remains to be seen how much Hashfast will sell their Sierra chassis for then?  Or would be able to buy empty babyjets to put the modules in as well?
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 03:54:54 AM

So it remains to be seen how much Hashfast will sell their Sierra chassis for then?  Or would be able to buy empty babyjets to put the modules in as well?

you won't need to buy them from HF if you don't want to.  the Sierra chassis is just a std rackmount and the BJ is a std desktop.
HashFast_CL

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 04:17:26 AM

Except for the "modules" (we're going to call them mini-boards now to avoid confusion) there is nothing proprietary in the Baby Jet and Sierra.

HashFast is dedicated to open source and community empowerment, in both hardware and software.

To make an empty Baby Jet or Sierra, all you need is fairly standard stuff from Newegg/Amazon/Craigslist.

- an ATX tower with plenty of ventilation and places to mount the liquid cooling system radiators
- an ATX PSU with plenty of wattage (get twice what you need to ensure cool, efficient, reliable service)
- a controller with enough RAM/CPU for your needs (Raspberry Pi/tablet/smartphone for BJ, basic 1U Debian server or old laptop for Sierra)

Of course we are thrilled to have The WASP and other DIY projects contribute their own ingenious chassis/cooling solutions, but until then off the shelf parts are fine.

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 04:23:52 AM

Miner protection is BS. The more GH/s hashfast distributes, the more difficult will be to have positive ROI.

After this nonsense it's very hard to discuss anything. So miner protection is bad because it gives more GHs to HashFast customers?!?!?

This thread is becoming a troll-fest really fast. It would be nice to have KnC shills back to KnC-still-no-tracking-number-whining thread.

ohh!! now the trolls want to end the trolling while everyone on KNC had to deal with attacks from every rock each jackoff miner company threw at KNC customers

We'll leave you a few bitcoins left to mine by Nov for you guys, ok?

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
HashFast_CL

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 04:31:00 AM

FPGA: Xilinx Virtex-7

https://hashfast.com/fpga-xilinx-vertix-7/

Posted on July 31, 2013 by Simon Barber   

This is the FPGA card, which is a Xilinx Virtex-7 that is used to run FPGA emulation of our ASIC.  In the FPGA, we only have room to run five hashcores.  In the real ASIC there are many, many more.

In our final ASIC, we will actually speed the chip up and slow the chip down by varying voltage and frequency according to a temperature measurement with the on-die temperature sensors.  That will mean that the chip will run as fast as possible given the cooling solution that it is working with.  If you have no cooling, it will throttle right back and run really slowly. If you put very good upgraded cooling and you have a cold air or water source, then the chip will ramp up and get as much performance as it can.

GalaxyASIC

Activity: 130

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 04:47:45 AM

Where does it say anything about lifetime warranty of Hashfast miners ?

HashFast REFUND ! I am a HashFast's Batch 1 customer and I want full 100% BTC refund.
HashFast_CL

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 05:00:12 AM

Xilinix control software

https://hashfast.com/xilinix-control-software/

Posted on August 2, 2013 by Simon Barber   

This is the Xilinx control software. Xilinx is the manufacturer of the FPGA platform that we are using for emulation of our chip for doing tests and verification of our logic.  Here, it is illustrating the output of compiling our logic to be run in the FPGA—so it is showing the number of flip-flops, the amount of combinatorial logic, our supply, and the temperature at which the chip is running. You may click the picture below to see the diagnostic.

Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 05:38:16 AM

Well thanks for clarifiying the motherboard/module confussion Cheesy

Now we just need pics of the pcbs, cases, water cooling parts or other component you have around to maintain the hype until the chips come

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
joshv06

Activity: 991
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Well thanks for clarifiying the motherboard/module confussion Cheesy

Now we just need pics of the pcbs, cases, water cooling parts or other component you have around to maintain the hype until the chips come

+1. We still need to see the actual baby jet, we are 10 days out!

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
pmorici

Activity: 479

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 12:08:26 PM

There is a lot more great content on the HashFast blog that somehow escaped the forum's notice!

I'm pretty sure most people here have read all the blog content.  Speaking of the blog doesn't the post titled, "Baby Jet Controller" directly contradict what is being said here in this forum?  

On the blog it says, "The Baby Jet ships with a built in Raspberry Pi model B. This acts as the controller for the one or two GN chips in the Baby Jet. The controller talks to the chips over its internal serial port." but in recent posts on this forum company representatives are saying that each "mini-board" will communicate with the controller over USB.

So no the content of the blog hasn't escaped notice which is why I was surprised when it was said that the boards connected to the controller via USB vs. the earlier stated serial connection.

https://hashfast.com/the-baby-jet-controller/
calichomp

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 03:56:02 PM

Thanks a lot on the HF vocabulary and semiconductor lessons. 

Who is doing your board assembly?  Or will you not tell us because you know you're going to be late?  HF may as well eat their shoes and ship the BJ's with two modules already in there.  Will save a good deal on shipping for HF and may save the company's image.
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 04:55:41 PM

Speaking of the blog doesn't the post titled, "Baby Jet Controller" directly contradict what is being said here in this forum?  

On the blog it says, "The Baby Jet ships with a built in Raspberry Pi model B. This acts as the controller for the one or two GN chips in the Baby Jet. The controller talks to the chips over its internal serial port." but in recent posts on this forum company representatives are saying that each "mini-board" will communicate with the controller over USB.

So no the content of the blog hasn't escaped notice which is why I was surprised when it was said that the boards connected to the controller via USB vs. the earlier stated serial connection.

The "S" in USB stands for "serial". People sometimes call USB - serial port, although formally speaking it is not a port, it is a bus.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 05:16:20 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2013, 06:44:51 PM by cypherdoc

Thanks a lot on the HF vocabulary and semiconductor lessons.  

Who is doing your board assembly?

like i said.  they don't have to tell you squat.  just like all the other asic companies didn't.

Or will you not tell us because you know you're going to be late?

you don't know that.  and what if they are a bit late?  how out of the ordinary would that be given every other asic company's lateness?

HF may as well eat their shoes and ship the BJ's with two modules already in there.  Will save a good deal on shipping for HF and may save the company's image.

Translation:  "Gimme freebies b/c i deserve and am entitled to it.  and i want them now.  if you don't give me what i want, i'm gonna keep smearing your image for no good reason."
pmorici

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 08:33:33 PM

Speaking of the blog doesn't the post titled, "Baby Jet Controller" directly contradict what is being said here in this forum?  

The "S" in USB stands for "serial". People sometimes call USB - serial port, although formally speaking it is not a port, it is a bus.

That isn't the case here.  Did the read the blog post?  Toward the end it also says, "The Raspberry Pi’s Ethernet port and 2 USB ports are available on the back panel of the Baby Jet for you to connect to." So there was no confusion between 'Serial' and 'USB'.
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 11:28:58 PM

That isn't the case here.  Did the read the blog post?  Toward the end it also says, "The Raspberry Pi’s Ethernet port and 2 USB ports are available on the back panel of the Baby Jet for you to connect to." So there was no confusion between 'Serial' and 'USB'.

Yes, I've read the blog post. Baby Jet may have maximum two mini-boards, each connected through one of the two available USB ports on the R. Pi. Simple solution, battle-tested tested through MiniPeon project and perfectly clear.
gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 12:30:38 AM

Sort of unfortunate to see it using rpi ... they've been pretty unreliable historically. Then again, the little wrt routers in the avalons haven't been especially robust either.  If the connectivity to the rpi is USB hopefully it'll be possible to replace the rpi with something more reliable.
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 12:41:59 AM

I would rather just use a regular computer...  why would i trust  100 bucks a day to a pi or whatnot...

I can hook these up to one of my puters right?

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
dopamine

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 12:44:12 AM

for over $5000 it should every possible option...

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
pmorici

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 01:07:45 AM

That isn't the case here.  Did the read the blog post?  Toward the end it also says, "The Raspberry Pi’s Ethernet port and 2 USB ports are available on the back panel of the Baby Jet for you to connect to." So there was no confusion between 'Serial' and 'USB'.

Yes, I've read the blog post. Baby Jet may have maximum two mini-boards, each connected through one of the two available USB ports on the R. Pi. Simple solution, battle-tested tested through MiniPeon project and perfectly clear.

It doesn't say anything of the sort in that blog post it says the USB ports are free.  You're missing the point.  My issue is the lack of clear and accurate information.  We can infer it's USB now from the postings in this forum but what's so difficult about writing a concise overview of how it is all going to work? What about releasing a diagram of the mounting hole spacing for the 'mini-board' and what kind of mounting assembly will be required if we want to try alternative cooling options.
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: