Bitcoin Forum
October 21, 2017, 02:44:49 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)
 
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 865139 times)
Visesrion
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 351



View Profile
October 27, 2013, 06:40:59 PM
 #1961

I'm planning to visit the HashFast office in SF this Wednesday.

It will be a fairly short affair (30m), but I would be happy to relay some forum questions in person. No guarantees I'll get answers though Smiley


Thanks for the help

The question:
 - What to do to change a BJ ordered into a sierra ? Or if you like, will you change the first batch BJ into sierras as a compensation for the delays ?
   If they say no. Why not ?
   They will say again that the hardware of the BJ have already been ordered (even we have not seen any pcb or board). The hardware of the BJ is the same as for a sierra: modular boards with chips, raspberry, psu and cooling. All the same except the case. I will pay them the case if that is their next excuse.
   What I want is to have the 1,2TH as the second batch of sierras will have in the 10 days of difference between batches. Its them fault to manage so bad with them marketing and delays. With this 1,2TH we will be able to ROI and wont have to apply for the MPP, so they will earn those chips in the future. I think lot of people, if not everybody will switch into a sierra and refuse to the MPP. At least give us the chance

- Any pics will be welcome, especially about the pcbs they claim to have ordered



Trade on exchanges
Buy adult entertinment
Discounts for services
Buy adult goods
PCC buy back
Attend VIP events


.Twitter.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Telegram
.Telegram Bot.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
WHITEPAPER
.Facebook.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Youtube


Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
1508597089
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1508597089

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1508597089
Reply with quote  #2

1508597089
Report to moderator
1508597089
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1508597089

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1508597089
Reply with quote  #2

1508597089
Report to moderator
1508597089
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1508597089

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1508597089
Reply with quote  #2

1508597089
Report to moderator
bitly
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 53



View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 06:56:23 PM
 #1962

well, ask what they are going to do for batch 1 BJ owners as the prospect of earning positive ROI is now close to 0

I'm planning to visit the HashFast office in SF this Wednesday.

It will be a fairly short affair (30m), but I would be happy to relay some forum questions in person. No guarantees I'll get answers though Smiley


ImI
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1666



View Profile
October 27, 2013, 07:04:52 PM
 #1963

I'm planning to visit the HashFast office in SF this Wednesday.

It will be a fairly short affair (30m), but I would be happy to relay some forum questions in person. No guarantees I'll get answers though Smiley


Ask them when we can expect the MPP to be delivered.

It kicks in with negative ROI 90 days after delivery, but how long will it take after those 90 days till we receive the MPP-boards?
itod
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1050


^ will code for bitcoins


View Profile
October 27, 2013, 07:57:54 PM
 #1964

I'm planning to visit the HashFast office in SF this Wednesday.

It will be a fairly short affair (30m), but I would be happy to relay some forum questions in person. No guarantees I'll get answers though Smiley

Ask them if they are thinking about announcing MPP starts November 1st, regardless of the late delivery date. That's the least decent company would do after messing with their product value and company reputation so hard. If they answer you they are not even considering it, than I know what to think about them.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1218


Gerald Davis


View Profile
October 27, 2013, 08:03:35 PM
 #1965

I'm planning to visit the HashFast office in SF this Wednesday.

It will be a fairly short affair (30m), but I would be happy to relay some forum questions in person. No guarantees I'll get answers though Smiley

Ask them if they are thinking about announcing MPP starts November 1st, regardless of the late delivery date. That's the least decent company would do after messing with their product value and company reputation so hard. If they answer you they are not even considering it, than I know what to think about them.

+1 on this.  Since HF planned on shipping by 1 Nov then then they had to plan on MPP going into effect 31 Jan.  Pushing the MPP back because they failed to ship on time (even if allowed per the wording of the MPP) is poor faith.   There is no reason the MPP window shouldn't be 1 Nov to 31 Jan.
Visesrion
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 351



View Profile
October 27, 2013, 08:10:36 PM
 #1966

I will ask here before opening a poll. For the first batch customers, what your prefer:

a) BJ in mid november and stay with the MPP starting the day shipped
b) BJ in mid november and the MPP starting 1st november
c) Turn your order into a sierra that ships in late november and refuse to the MPP

I will take c) option. I think its the minimun HF should be offering the their customers as the hardware is the SAME , the only thing that changes is the case and more chips of course. At least give us the chance, you already got our money. The option b) is also nice but it depends on the hashrate and its a bit more risky.

Edit: if you think another fair option just write it down



Trade on exchanges
Buy adult entertinment
Discounts for services
Buy adult goods
PCC buy back
Attend VIP events


.Twitter.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Telegram
.Telegram Bot.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
WHITEPAPER
.Facebook.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Youtube


ImI
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1666



View Profile
October 27, 2013, 08:13:36 PM
 #1967


b.)

itod
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1050


^ will code for bitcoins


View Profile
October 27, 2013, 08:22:09 PM
 #1968

b)
MrTeal
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1274


View Profile
October 27, 2013, 08:34:15 PM
 #1969

I think c) is absolutely not going to happen. You're kidding yourself if you think they'll send you a Sierra in place of a BabyJet.
I would add d) Allow September BabyJet users to upgrade to a MPP-less November Sierra units for the difference in price ($1440), while keeping their place in line.
It would basically mean that you get 1.5TH/s in November (assuming they hit mid-late November) in the Sierra case for an extra $1440, instead of getting a 0.5TH/s BabyJet in mid-November and another 1.5TH/s in loose modules in mid-February.
It's still a win IMO though, and I think it's a lot more likely to happen.
Visesrion
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 351



View Profile
October 27, 2013, 08:40:32 PM
 #1970

I think c) is absolutely not going to happen. You're kidding yourself if you think they'll send you a Sierra in place of a BabyJet.
I would add d) Allow September BabyJet users to upgrade to a MPP-less November Sierra units for the difference in price ($1440), while keeping their place in line.
It would basically mean that you get 1.5TH/s in November (assuming they hit mid-late November) in the Sierra case for an extra $1440, instead of getting a 0.5TH/s BabyJet in mid-November and another 1.5TH/s in loose modules in mid-February.
It's still a win IMO though, and I think it's a lot more likely to happen.

Sorry but the sierra was on "sale" 3 days, when you could purchase it for 6000$. That is 400$ difference. I will pay them without any problem or they could also earn them as compensation for the delay, but that could be just to ambitious for my self as HF does not seem to take care of the first batch customers. I will be happy enough if the first one happens
At least they should give us the chance to change the orders or offer a compensation



Trade on exchanges
Buy adult entertinment
Discounts for services
Buy adult goods
PCC buy back
Attend VIP events


.Twitter.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Telegram
.Telegram Bot.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
WHITEPAPER
.Facebook.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Youtube


ninjarobot
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 756


Mine Silent, Mine Deep


View Profile
October 27, 2013, 08:58:07 PM
 #1971

Thanks all. These are all good questions and suggestions.

Personally I think the best scenario would be to accelerate the delivery of the MPP modules for batch1 owners to compensate for the delays. At this point, there is no need to wait 3 month to conclude that a BJ in the current situation (delays+difficulty) is not going to break even by a large margin.

However, I do think that HF should do this in a way that does not disadvantage Batch 2 and 3 owners. So immediately after Batch 3 would be ideal. Realistically that would be late December or early January.
MrTeal
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1274


View Profile
October 27, 2013, 08:58:59 PM
 #1972

I think c) is absolutely not going to happen. You're kidding yourself if you think they'll send you a Sierra in place of a BabyJet.
I would add d) Allow September BabyJet users to upgrade to a MPP-less November Sierra units for the difference in price ($1440), while keeping their place in line.
It would basically mean that you get 1.5TH/s in November (assuming they hit mid-late November) in the Sierra case for an extra $1440, instead of getting a 0.5TH/s BabyJet in mid-November and another 1.5TH/s in loose modules in mid-February.
It's still a win IMO though, and I think it's a lot more likely to happen.

Sorry but the sierra was on "sale" 3 days, when you could purchase it for 6000$. That is 400$ difference. I will pay them without any problem or they could also earn them as compensation for the delay, but that could be just to ambitious for my self as HF does not seem to take care of the first batch customers. I will be happy enough if the first one happens
At least they should give us the chance to change the orders or offer a compensation
Should and will are likely two extremely different things.
The most likely scenario is something along the lines of
"Hey HashFast, can we get our.."
"No."
"But it's late, how about"
"No."
"But that's not fair..."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53s13hXBX8w&t=1m42s

I'd love to see a $400 upgrade to a November Sierra. I don't see them giving anything though.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1218


Gerald Davis


View Profile
October 27, 2013, 09:17:01 PM
 #1973

I will ask here before opening a poll. For the first batch customers, what your prefer:

a) BJ in mid november and stay with the MPP starting the day shipped
b) BJ in mid november and the MPP starting 1st november
c) Turn your order into a sierra that ships in late november and refuse to the MPP

Um who would choose a over b?
Visesrion
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 351



View Profile
October 27, 2013, 09:20:55 PM
 #1974

Um who would choose a over b?

Well there may be people that thinks that is fair what HF is doing, so just for giving all the range options I put it there. But apart from the HF itself I don't think that nobody will choose a)



Trade on exchanges
Buy adult entertinment
Discounts for services
Buy adult goods
PCC buy back
Attend VIP events


.Twitter.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Telegram
.Telegram Bot.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
WHITEPAPER
.Facebook.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Youtube


Visesrion
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 351



View Profile
October 27, 2013, 09:28:22 PM
 #1975

For the next 3 days, prices have been slashed on Baby Jet’s and Sierra’s. Now is the time to invest in additional rigs. Sale ends Monday at 11:59PM PST!

For those who already ordered a first batch Baby Jet, would it be possible to trade it for a Sierra on sale? How much extra would that cost for the device (beyond the $400 difference) and shipping?

Contact sales@hashfast.com, they should be able to help you.

Well, I mailed them and got this reply:

Quote from: sales@hashfast.com
In regards to your questions below, we are unable to cancel your current order as we have already ordered the hardware that will be required to assemble your unit.


Just to remind that from the 23 of September they are supposed to have ordered the hardware for the BJ, which is the same as for the sierra and we have not seen yet. It's the exact same message that they told me days ago when I suggest them to offer the upgrade into sierras orders



Trade on exchanges
Buy adult entertinment
Discounts for services
Buy adult goods
PCC buy back
Attend VIP events


.Twitter.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Telegram
.Telegram Bot.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
WHITEPAPER
.Facebook.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Youtube


crumbs
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 210



View Profile
October 27, 2013, 09:49:49 PM
 #1976



yes, then don't order.

in fact, you can blame me for advising them not to take cc's.  ...
...
 risk is in the eye of the beholder.  committed customers of HashFast know the situation and will consider it not much of a risk to wait 4 mo at the end of which they can get a refund. customers jumping in and out of orders during the preorder time period increases workload and inefficiencies.  i, as a customer of KNC and Megabig, was exploiting this inefficiency for my own protection/advantage.  ...

So much win Grin
cypherdoc
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1764



View Profile
October 27, 2013, 09:56:32 PM
 #1977

damn.  clarification on the airflow direction from the psu's for the Sierras.

D&T is correct, the Seasonics intake air from the sides and exhaust out the back.  i swear Simon told me the opposite.  oh well.
crumbs
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 210



View Profile
October 27, 2013, 10:08:38 PM
 #1978

damn.  clarification on the airflow direction from the psu's for the Sierras.

D&T is correct, the Seasonics intake air from the sides and exhaust out the back.  i swear Simon told me the opposite.  oh well.

I think your apology was misdirected.  D&T has nothing to do with this Cry

Guys, i've yet to understand to what date we have to sum this week of delay to. 17 of october? 25 of october? 30 of october?
And what's this expensive (for our pockets) component? Are you running out of capacitors? (avalon did, remember?)
Up.
Up. Plus:



Please tell me that there is a good reason to put the PSU air intake there, in a spot that once in a rack, no air can come trough.

And if such a good reason doesn't exist, i HAVE to conclude that it is only a rendering of a non existing case for something that will not ship anytime soon done and approved from people that doesn't have any idea of what they are doing.

Those are psu exhaust openings on the side.

Looo!! Cypher, have you opened a 'puter box open IRL? Cheesy  Not only is that an intake, but reversing teh fan would only make things worse, with PS sucking in the hot exhaust.  If the intake on the side is blocked off by rack walls (it isn't, most racks don't block the sides), so would the exhaust Cheesy

No. Simon and I have talked specifically about this. Those are exhaust openings in the sides. In fact, one has to make provisions for this in their rack selection.
aerobatic
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 702


View Profile
October 27, 2013, 10:20:41 PM
 #1979

damn.  clarification on the airflow direction from the psu's for the Sierras.

D&T is correct, the Seasonics intake air from the sides and exhaust out the back.  i swear Simon told me the opposite.  oh well.

cypherdoc -

its also possible that hashfast has special ordered versions of the seasonic psus that have the airflow reversed...

-- Jez
cypherdoc
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1764



View Profile
October 27, 2013, 10:23:08 PM
 #1980

damn.  clarification on the airflow direction from the psu's for the Sierras.

D&T is correct, the Seasonics intake air from the sides and exhaust out the back.  i swear Simon told me the opposite.  oh well.

cypherdoc -

its also possible that hashfast has special ordered versions of the seasonic psus that have the airflow reversed...

-- Jez


no, i just heard back from him right now.  but i swear i heard the opposite from him earlier.  no matter.
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 586 »
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!