Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:07:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
plasmoske

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

The realist

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 03:18:19 AM

I discussed it before HF before and I'm pretty sure with the MPP, it's just raw chips. They said the price of the PCB would be somewhere around 1-2k.

HF said they would be selling the boards and also will seek out 3rd party to build/sell it also.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alfredo

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 03:50:51 AM

i wanna buy more cheaper for me. how i choose??
can i pay with credictcard and bitcoin mix?

do you ship to brazil??

thanks!!
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 04:05:00 AM

The Baby Jet is using the Seasonic X-1000 - that PSU is 91.0% efficient with 1 module. See the glowing review here:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=264

HashFast_CL

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2013, 04:17:04 AM

I'm a batch one customer that has also ordered an upgrade kit, to fill that second slot on the Baby Jet.  Some information I would like to have concerns installation of the upgrade kit.  The news that the ASIC is on a board already is quite good but, more specifically, what's the upgrade procedure going to be like?  As in... what kind of tools or skills required?

I'm comfortable doing basic computer upgrades and maintenance - installing and replacing drives, fans, memory, etc.. - but haven't wielded a soldering iron in twenty years.  And wasn't very good at it when I did.  So I'm wondering if the upgrade will be something that can be accomplished with some screwdrivers and careful dis/reassembly, or something more involved? 

Congratulations on your Batch One Baby Jet and Upgrade Kit.

You will find installing the second mini-board to be a quick and easy process.

The procedure is as simple as mounting the mini-board on case's risers, hooking up the second cooling unit, and swapping out the original PSU for the more powerful one.  Then connect the USB cable to the Raspberry Pi controller and you're done!

All you need is a screwdriver and a beer, as depicted below:

The beer is actually optional, but highly recommended.  You may also use a sonic screwdriver, if available in your galaxy and/or timeline!   Wink

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
pmorici

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 04:25:24 AM

They said the price of the PCB would be somewhere around 1-2k.

Seeing as they are selling BabyJet upgrade modules fro $1,500 which a chip, PCB, cabling, power supply, and water cooling I doubt the PCB itself would be anywhere near 1-2k  My guess would be a couple hundred bucks at most.
HashFast_CL

Activity: 168

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2013, 05:31:16 AM

For those who don't click through, here's some elaboration on CIARA's impressive capacity.

Big News!  HashFast Signs Exclusive Deal with CIARA Technologies

Posted on October 11, 2013
    by John Skrodenis   

This is a huge deal. We’ve just signed an exclusive agreement with Montreal’s acclaimed CIARA Technologies to build the mining rigs that will house our GN chip once it’s been fabricated by the TSMC foundry. CIARA has been an industry leader in the design and manufacture of high-end supercomputers for over 25 years, and getting them to build the Baby Jet, the Sierra and future machines means that we’ve got one of the most respected box builders in the business. Of particular note to our miners, CIARA is a world-record breaker for single and double overclocked processors — in fact, they’ve got an entire department dedicated to overclocked CPUs. If there was one company capable of building the machines that can handle the power of HashFast’s 28nm chip, it’s CIARA. And now that we’ve signed the deal, they’ll exclusively produce mining rigs for HashFast.

But this isn’t just about power. We’ll be shipping our Baby Jets directly from CIARA’s massive 576,000 sq. ft. headquarters in Montreal. There are few manufacturers in the world that have the incredible capacity to build and ship mining rigs with the speed CIARA does. What’s more, CIARA is a C-TPAT registered company, which means no delays at US or Canadian customs.

We know how valuable time is for miners, and that you’re all counting down to shipment. So are we. The CIARA deal not only means we’ve got the best partner in the business, it means you’ll be getting your Baby Jets and Sierras — and whatever comes next — as soon as possible.

Shocked  Word is CIARA can assemble/test/ship 1200 units a day!

http://www.ciaratech.com/text-page-211-en.html

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 06:33:05 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2013, 06:59:49 AM by Bicknellski

Miss Montreal... great place to grow up! HF visits to Montreal would have been better 20 years ago... the Old Munich the Old Forum... if you like the HABS... I don't. http://schwartzsdeli.com/ <---MUST GO... or DIE DIE MUST TRY one of the best Smoked Meat places in the city still there!

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
ur0pl

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 07:15:32 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2013, 07:26:29 AM by ur0pl

Shocked  Word is CIARA can assemble/test/ship 1200 units a day!

I don't understand, didn't hashfast make a queue of only around 500 units? You are saying that they can produce and test all the units in one day?
Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 07:45:01 AM

Word is CIARA can assemble/test/ship 1200 units a day!

Let BFL some tiny corner so they can speed up their order queue  Cheesy

By the way, any news about the hosting ?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 08:37:48 AM

Shocked  Word is CIARA can assemble/test/ship 1200 units a day!

I don't understand, didn't hashfast make a queue of only around 500 units? You are saying that they can produce and test all the units in one day?

500 units is batch #1 only. There's batch #2, upgarde kits, and regular production afterwards. Current network hashing rate is 1.5PHs, HashFast is committed to deliver more than that, 2Phs, in short time-frame. They need giant like CIARA do accomplish such a thing.
itod
Legendary

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 11:04:42 AM

So why are people still buying miners if hashfast alone is going to double the network. I received a KNC Saturn last week (one of the first shipped) and I don't see myself breaking eventhough its pushing out 65 Gh/s more than was promised

Miners are already bought. Also, you've bought KnC which spends double the electricity more than HashFast or Cointerra. People are still buying these brands counting you'll have to turn off your KnC in march-april while they are still mining with theirs. All other old miners, Avalon, AsicMiner (except Bitfury) will be turned off and that will reduce the network hashrate. If you are not going to get positive ROI it doesn't mean others will not get positive ROI. Once the electricity price kicks in a few months this is gonna be totally different ball game.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 11:19:58 AM

Miners are already bought. Also, you've bought KnC which spends double the electricity more than HashFast or Cointerra. People are still buying these brands counting you'll have to turn off your KnC in march-april while they are still mining with theirs. All other old miners, Avalon, AsicMiner (except Bitfury) will be turned off and that will reduce the network hashrate. If you are not going to get positive ROI it doesn't mean others will not get positive ROI. Once the electricity price kicks in a few months this is gonna be totally different ball game.

Once electricity cost becomes an issue big enough for KnC users to turn off their miners, you are looking at a difficulty so high, breakeven for everyone else that purchased HF/CT/BFL at current prices will be expressed in decades, if not centuries.  If electricity costs $0.15 /KWH, then around difficulty 16B is where KnC miners would turn off their machines. At that point, a babyjet would earn you $22 per month with the same electricity cost. I hope you are still young.

crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 11:22:51 AM

So why are people still buying miners if hashfast alone is going to double the network. I received a KNC Saturn last week (one of the first shipped) and I don't see myself breaking eventhough its pushing out 65 Gh/s more than was promised

To be more precise, KNC products consume *infinitely* more electricity than HashFast & Cointerra products, due to the fact that HasFastand Cointerra products do not exist, and thus do not consume any.

This revolutionary feature is also employed by HashFast's main competitors -- Terrahash and Labcoin, making the eco-friendly mining field competitive indeed.
itod
Legendary

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 11:35:20 AM

Not sure but I think after the latest firmware, its 1w per Gh with knc but anyway, you are saying that only those with free electricity will be still in the game in the not so distant future and I agree with you. people will leave their miners on if they are making a few $ more than the electricity cost which will not return the cost paid for their machines. I ordered my miner back in june when difficulty was 12million and while we all knew there would be a big rise coming late in the year we (I) never expected a possible 250+ million difficulty mid October.
But now we all know that its going to get crazy and day1 orders from companies that ship on time are not going to get a return - soo why are people still buying ??

That's not what I've said. Not people with free electricity who will mine, but people who bought the miners from Bitfury, HashFast and Cointerra, spending around 0.6-0.7 W/GHs. All others will turn the miners off, similar how GPU miners went out of BTC mining. People with free electricity are small percentage of serious miners and they are just an anomaly, there is no such thing as a free lunch. The network is still tolerant to miners who waste electricity (like Avalon, KnC), but will be intolerant starting march or april.
Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 11:38:15 AM

The network is still tolerant to miners who waste the electricity (like Avalon, KnC), but will be intolerant starting march or april.

have you done the math on what happens when difficulty is so high that KnC users are forced to turn off their machines?
BTW, most of them will not be turned off, but be sold to someone with access to dirt cheap electricity in some US states, Russia or China. Heck, even Kuwait ($0.01 per KWH).
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 11:42:54 AM

Not sure but I think after the latest firmware, its 1w per Gh with knc but anyway, you are saying that only those with free electricity will be still in the game in the not so distant future and I agree with you. people will leave their miners on if they are making a few $ more than the electricity cost which will not return the cost paid for their machines. I ordered my miner back in june when difficulty was 12million and while we all knew there would be a big rise coming late in the year we (I) never expected a possible 250+ million difficulty mid October.
But now we all know that its going to get crazy and day1 orders from companies that ship on time are not going to get a return - soo why are people still buying ??

That's not what I've said. Not people with free electricity who will mine, but people who bought the miners from Bitfury, HashFast and Cointerra, spending around 0.6-0.7 W/GHs. All others will turn the miners off, similar how GPU miners went out of BTC mining. People with free electricity are small percentage of serious miners and they are just an anomaly, there is no such thing as a free lunch. The network is still tolerant to miners who waste electricity (like Avalon, KnC), but will be intolerant starting march or april.

When the  cost of running a miner becomes commensurable with the energy costs to run it, you will be mining pocket change with each multi-thousand dollar "investment."  You would be better off looking for said change in the street, or panhandling.
itod
Legendary

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 11:44:05 AM

The network is still tolerant to miners who waste the electricity (like Avalon, KnC), but will be intolerant starting march or april.

have you done the math on what happens when difficulty is so high that KnC users are forced to turn off their machines?
BTW, most of them will not be turned off, but be sold to someone with access to dirt cheap electricity in some US states, Russia or China. Heck, even Kuwait ($0.01 per KWH).

Yes I did. Profitability curve reaches maximum pretty fast at one point, then mining enough BTC to cover electricity for half a month and then very, very slowly going down onwards. The decline is so slow that it can be compensated with dirt-cheap electricity, and you are right about that. I haven't calculated the costs of moving/relocating, or the factor of getting second-hand miners real cheep, if someone does that I would like to know the results.
Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 12:17:49 PM

Yes I did. Profitability curve reaches maximum pretty fast at one point, then mining enough BTC to cover electricity for half a month and then very, very slowly going down onwards. The decline is so slow that it can be compensated with dirt-cheap electricity, and you are right about that. I haven't calculated the costs of moving/relocating, or the factor of getting second-hand miners real cheep, if someone does that I would like to know the results.

Thats not the point. The point is that electricity efficiency is a moot point right now because of the sky high purchase cost. If/when HF or CT machines come down a factor 10x in purchase price, then it will become much more relevant; but for anyone buying now (or having already bought) its mostly irrelevant. At the point where KnC (and even BFL) machines cant pay for their electricity, none of the other more efficient machines have any chance of recovering their purchase price in any reasonable amount of time. And if you think Im wrong about that, you should be ordering from bitmine.ch who promise effiency down to 0.35W/GH
itod
Legendary

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 12:54:37 PM

Thats not the point. The point is that electricity efficiency is a moot point right now because of the sky high purchase cost. If/when HF or CT machines come down a factor 10x in purchase price, then it will become much more relevant; but for anyone buying now (or having already bought) its mostly irrelevant. At the point where KnC (and even BFL) machines cant pay for their electricity, none of the other more efficient machines have any chance of recovering their purchase price in any reasonable amount of time. And if you think Im wrong about that, you should be ordering from bitmine.ch who promise effiency down to 0.35W/GH

There's nothing moot about electricity prices, you either mine enough BTC to pay them or you don't. I don't get your point about the cost of miners, are you informed about them? November delivery HF upgrade kit for $1,500:
https://hashfast.com/shop/baby-jet-upgrade-kit/
will almost certainly give positive ROI. November delivery regular Baby Jet for $2,760 is on the edge to break even:
https://hashfast.com/shop/baby-jet-2nd/
November delivery Jupiter is a laugh for $4,995, anyone ordering that is a math illiterate. He will get twice more BTC if he buys BTC now and hold them.
https://www.kncminer.com/products/jupiter
Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 01:14:24 PM

There's nothing moot about electricity prices, you either mine enough BTC to pay them or you don't.

Electricity cost for a KnC jupiter is ~$70/month. Over the useful lifetime of the machine, thats probably <10% of the overall cost.  
OTOH, being one month earlier it will yield about ~100% more bitcoins for a given hashrate.

A machine that is 2x more efficient will be able to run for ~ 1 month longer, but that extra month will yield you less than 1 BTC
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: