Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:18:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 08:31:23 PM

[...Wait for more promises...]

I don't need to internet battle a troll, I'll take the high road.

Let's just say there is always a person like you talking negatively about something they claim is a scam.. Geez, how many were there in the KnC Thread? Yes, KnC is late but they are soooo FAR from a scam and all of the people like you slowly backed away and shut their mouth.

I'm just seeing history repeat itself here in the HashFast thread. Another company, another batch of trolls. Will HashFast deliver? Honestly, I don't know. I do my due diligence and factor in that gut feeling and I've been pretty spot on thus far. To each their own but the general tone of everyone here (including myself) just needs to calm down a bit. Endless arguments (KnC's 453454 page thread) get us where? Nowhere. At the end of the day the back and forth of meaningless drama does not affect how soon we're getting our units. MPP details is a different story, they quickly said they will tighten up the policy and announce it, so all we can do is wait for that official announcement.

Ignoring the gist of my reply and responding to a filler text at the bottom is not exactly "the high road," but hey, this is ASIC country.

Sure, history is repeating itself.  
An ASIC maker appears.  Idiots trip all over themselves to "invest" their coin.  It only gets moar predictable from here on:

1. A few "trolls" question the wisdom of said "investments."  Get shouted down & ignored.
2. A few shills crop up, rally the lemmings.
3. A few outside men crop up, white knight the shills & the "investments."

*Time passes "Investors" fidget, shills shill.*

4a. Moar time passes.  "Investors" begin to realize they will never recoup their money, but the thought is too much to bear.  Stockholm syndrome.
(See Labcoin now, Active Miner, early Terrahash.  See Bargraphics delete fucking EVERYTHING.)
4b.  See (4a) minus Stockholm syndrome.  Investors rage & try to organize lynch mobs, fail.  Continue raging on low boil & run out of steam.
(See BFL, Avalon, Terrahash now)
4c.  "Investors" are too dumb to know they've been had.  Rationalise losing coin with borked maths, fail logic, fail economics & "It's a hobby & we're securing the network!1!"
(See AsicMiner, KNC)
5.  IF (LEFT_SOME_COIN) GOTO 1.

The End.

So yeah, history.  Just keep punching, Joe Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 08:33:58 PM

My biggest concern with HashFast is that they still have only shown 3d renders.  If Batch 1 is set to ship Oct 20-30, where are the pictures of boards, chips, and cases?
crumbs

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 08:35:02 PM

This. Just wait for final policy.  Obviously someone in the company jumped the gun.  It is the weekend, why not give them until Monday?

Why would a company release bad info, in two separate threads & under two separate accounts, on the weekend?  
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 08:35:03 PM

just so you guys understand conceptually how to do this.

i have 9 BJ's on order.  sold 1 off to a friend.  why?  i wanted to deal with multiples of 3.

what i'm doing b/c of space considerations is repackaging the 9 BJ's into 3 Sierra's.  how can i do this?  simple.  just buy 3 racks and put 3 modules in each.  along with cooler and appropriate PSU of course.  the 3 modules per Sierra daisy chain together to form a single USB device.  i'm going to be using a single Raspi to act as a controller to run all 3 Sierra's.  when the MPP kicks in, i will get 36 more chips and dump those into 12 more Sierra boxes and i'll have a nice clean rackmounted system. 

it remains to be seen exactly how many Sierra's one Raspi can run.  i have 2 more Raspi's sitting on my desk just in case.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 08:38:51 PM

and as ckolivas has already stated, he will be integrating in the HF drivers into his working version of cgminer.  just load this up into whatever controller device you are considering using.
crumbs

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 08:40:35 PM

i have 9 BJ's on order.  sold 1 off to a friend.  why?  i wanted to deal with multiples of 3.

Err, you've tried to sell more than one.  Try again.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 08:42:25 PM

you're telling me what i've done?  Roll Eyes

i shut that thread down after 1 lousy day once i figured out how to structure this thing.
crumbs

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 08:45:55 PM

you're telling me what i've done?  Roll Eyes

i shut that thread down after 1 lousy day once i figured out how to structure this thing.

I'm telling you that you should either get better at lying, or stop doing it altogether.  The way you're going now ain't working 4 U.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 08:48:18 PM

i have 9 BJ's on order.  sold 1 off to a friend.  why?  i wanted to deal with multiples of 3.

Err, you've tried to sell more than one.  Try again.

you're telling me what i've done?  Roll Eyes

I'm telling you that you should either get better at lying, or stop doing it altogether.  The way you're going now ain't working 4 U.

first of all, you're the one with the yellow orange button.

do you want me to prove that i still have 9 on order from a company rep just to embarrass you further?
Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 08:50:34 PM

My biggest concern with HashFast is that they still have only shown 3d renders.  If Batch 1 is set to ship Oct 20-30, where are the pictures of boards, chips, and cases?

+1

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
crumbs

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 08:54:23 PM

i have 9 BJ's on order.  sold 1 off to a friend.  why?  i wanted to deal with multiples of 3.

I'm telling you that you should either get better at lying, or stop doing it altogether.  The way you're going now ain't working 4 U.

do you want me to prove that i still have 9 on order from a company rep just to embarrass you further?

No,  i do not. You were pwnt trying to sell the rigs pre-orders, you closed the thread.  Your original justification for offloading was different from the post-factum crap you cooked up now.  Try again? Smiley
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 08:59:56 PM

No,  i do not. You were pwnt trying to sell the rigs pre-orders, you closed the thread.  Your original justification for offloading was different from the post-factum crap you cooked up now.  Try again? Smiley

"space considerations" is consistent with then and now.

repackaging BJ's into Sierra's has solved this problem as i've explained.  period.

and if you'd like to bet me 1000 BTC that i do not have those 9 BJ's still on order, i'm sure we can arrange an escrow provider.
crumbs

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 09:09:21 PM

"space considerations" is consistent with then and now.

repackaging BJ's into Sierra's has solved this problem as i've explained.  period.

and if you'd like to bet me 1000 BTC that i do not have those 9 BJ's still on order, i'm sure we can arrange an escrow provider.

Claiming "I want to handle everything in increments of 3 [or some such]" is inconsistent with trying to sell more than one, and suddenly willing to make space for a whole server room (original 9 + the truckload of miner protection gear)  You don't have room for a bit moar? Smiley

Edit:  And why not be a nice guy and wait 'till the gear's in hand?  You'll get more monyz (but you're gambling on it still being profitable by the time u get it Smiley )
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 09:14:38 PM

Claiming "I want to handle everything in increments of 3 [or some such]" is inconsistent with trying to sell more than one, and suddenly willing to make space for a whole server room (original 9 + the truckload of miner protection gear)  You don't have room for a bit moar? Smiley

the problem with your brain is that it's static.  like mud.

you fail to consider that ppl can change or figure out solutions to a problems as they go along.  i decided to go with being Order #1, maximize the mining while the going is good and deal with the truckload later.  you're right in that i'll probably have to find a solution to that later.  but it's a good problem to have.

how about that bet, Mr. Never Mined a BTC in My Life?
crumbs

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 09:21:38 PM

Claiming "I want to handle everything in increments of 3 [or some such]" is inconsistent with trying to sell more than one, and suddenly willing to make space for a whole server room (original 9 + the truckload of miner protection gear)  You don't have room for a bit moar? Smiley

the problem with your brain is that it's static.  like mud.

you fail to consider that ppl can change or figure out solutions to a problems as they go along.  i decided to go with being Order #1, maximize the mining while the going is good and deal with the truckload later.  you're right in that i'll probably have to find a solution to that later.  but it's a good problem to have.

Lordy, you've talked about my yeller button, you offered to prove that you have 9 pre-orders, you accused me of not being a miner.
You've talked about so many ugly things.  The only thing you didn't address is the lie you've been caught in.  
Though i like where you're going with this.  Level up, practice makes perfect Smiley
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 09:24:36 PM

you fail to consider that ppl can change or figure out solutions to a problems as they go along.  i decided to go with being Order #1, maximize the mining while the going is good and deal with the truckload later.  you're right in that i'll probably have to find a solution to that later.  but it's a good problem to have.

Lordy, you've talked about my yeller button, you offered to prove that you have 9 pre-orders, you accused me of not being a miner.
You've talked about so many ugly things.  The only thing you didn't address is the lie you've been caught in.  
Though i like where you're going with this.  Level up, practice makes perfect Smiley

still confused.  what lie are you talking about?
crumbs

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 09:31:35 PM

Can i get you to commit to a single story?  Why did you go through all the mutually-contradictory rationalizations before ending up with "people can change their minds"?  Tell me one last time why you wanted to unload a bunch of pre-orders from a company you were shilling for representing at the time?
?
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 09:32:31 PM

I wish this section had more active mods- just delete like 3/4 of the threads here
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 09:36:57 PM

Can i get you to commit to a single story?  Why did you go through all the mutually-contradictory rationalizations before ending up with "people can change their minds"?  Tell me one last time why you wanted to unload a bunch of pre-orders from a company you were shilling for representing at the time?
?

how many times do i need to say it?  b/c of space and electrical capacity considerations.

when i first ordered BJ's, 4 TH/s was supposed to come in 4 machines.  b/c they changed their plans, it went to 10 machines.  then, thru their own generosity, the MPP is going to take it to 50 machines.  i have a small room for these.  50 machines seemed untenable and b/c i ordered first, i could sell my pre-orders for an immediate profit; still can.  but the intent was never to sell them, it was to mine.  the repackaging of these into Sierra's solves the entire issue for now.  period.

still want to bet 1000 BTC?
Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 09:42:17 PM

Could you please take this discussion between you two through PM ?

I dont see the reason to fill almost 2 pages with a no end discussion and how that could be interesting for someone that enters the thread looking for news/updates about HF

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: