Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:40:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 09:45:58 PM

Could you please take this discussion between you two through PM ?

I dont see the reason to fill almost 2 pages with a no end discussion and how that could be interesting for someone that enters the thread looking for news/updates about HF

if you look closely, this started with me posting a very useful and helpful post about how i was approaching my own configuration process in multiples of 3 and how multiple Sierra's can be driven by one Raspi so you guys can benefit from my insider knowledge.

then crumbs comes in and attacks me just like everyone else.  what am i supposed to do?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 09:59:50 PM

Claiming "I want to handle everything in increments of 3 [or some such]" is inconsistent with trying to sell more than one, and suddenly willing to make space for a whole server room (original 9 + the truckload of miner protection gear)  You don't have room for a bit moar? Smiley

the problem with your brain is that it's static.  like mud.

you fail to consider that ppl can change or figure out solutions to a problems as they go along.  i decided to go with being Order #1, maximize the mining while the going is good and deal with the truckload later.  you're right in that i'll probably have to find a solution to that later.  but it's a good problem to have.

how about that bet, Mr. Never Mined a BTC in My Life?

Lordy, you've talked about my yeller button, you offered to prove that you have 9 pre-orders, you accused me of not being a miner.
You've talked about so many ugly things.  The only thing you didn't address is the lie you've been caught in.  
Though i like where you're going with this.  Level up, practice makes perfect Smiley

still confused.  what lie are you talking about?

Can i get you to commit to a single story?  Why did you go through all the mutually-contradictory rationalizations before ending up with "people can change their minds"?  Tell me one last time why you wanted to unload a bunch of pre-orders from a company you were shilling for representing at the time?
?

how many times do i need to say it?  b/c of space and electrical capacity considerations.

when i first ordered BJ's, 4 TH/s was supposed to come in 4 machines.  b/c they changed their plans, it went to 10 machines.  then, thru their own generosity, the MPP is going to take it to 50 machines.  i have a small room for these.  50 machines seemed untenable and b/c i ordered first, i could sell my pre-orders for an immediate profit; still can.  but the intent was never to sell them, it was to mine.  the repackaging of these into Sierra's solves the entire issue for now.  period.

still want to bet 1000 BTC?

Why would i want to bet 1000 BTC that you don't have pre-orders?  Of course you do.  Hashfast can't have their paid shill unloading all of his pre-orders -- how good would *that* look. hmm? Cheesy
But i'll let you get back to telling your stories & trolling KNC threads.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 10:02:56 PM

You don't need a 1U control unit. 

Each Sierra is self contained (cooling, power, 3x ASIC modules, case, and a controller/host).  The only advantage of the 1U control unit is that it would allow a single host to control up to 10 Sierras (30 hashing modules).  Also HF has indicated that the modules are connected to the "host" by USB.  This means anything which can run cgminer can be a host.  You can use the included rPi host in the Sierra and/or BabyJet or you could connect multiple hashing modules to a dedicated computer for a custom solution.  Although HF hasn't provided the specs my guess is the 1U "control unit" is just an entry level 1U server running some form of linux and cgminer.  Instead of configuring a farm through the 10 Sierra rPi hosts all 30 modules are connected by USB to the single server for ease of management.

Still if you want to go w/ a BabyJet instead, HF has indicated they intend to sell just modules in the future although no date or price has been provided.  A single sierra is likely a better deal though. as to upgrade a Babyjet to handle a second module will require a larger power supply and a second cooling loop (or larger radiator).  The sierra comes out of the box ready from day 1 for 1.2 TH/s.

I thought so too but it turns out that the BabyJet is self contained, it has the Rapberry Pi, but the Sierra does not:

We don't want to risk overloading the limited resources of a Raspberry Pi by running more than two mini-boards (formerly 'modules') off one of them.

So we recommend something more powerful for one or more Sierras.

so you will have to provide some kind of system running cgminer with USB to hook up the Sierra to.

The Sierra is not self contained

Additionally, directly from their website under Product Description:

System Specifications

Contains 3 HashFast Golden Nonce (GN) ASICs
Performance: 1,200 Ghash/s at nominal clock speed
Chassis: 2U rack mounted
Cooling System: High performance liquid cooling on each of 3 chips, dissipates heat via back mounted radiator
Requires a 1U control unit

I stand corrected. 
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 10:43:26 PM

Could you please take this discussion between you two through PM ?

I dont see the reason to fill almost 2 pages with a no end discussion and how that could be interesting for someone that enters the thread looking for news/updates about HF

if you look closely, this started with me posting a very useful and helpful post about how i was approaching my own configuration process in multiples of 3 and how multiple Sierra's can be driven by one Raspi so you guys can benefit from my insider knowledge.

then crumbs comes in and attacks me just like everyone else.  what am i supposed to do?

The ignore button works very well for crumbs, regardless of what thread he is currently trolling in....
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 10:45:47 PM

Claiming "I want to handle everything in increments of 3 [or some such]" is inconsistent with trying to sell more than one, and suddenly willing to make space for a whole server room (original 9 + the truckload of miner protection gear)  You don't have room for a bit moar? Smiley

the problem with your brain is that it's static.  like mud.

you fail to consider that ppl can change or figure out solutions to a problems as they go along.  i decided to go with being Order #1, maximize the mining while the going is good and deal with the truckload later.  you're right in that i'll probably have to find a solution to that later.  but it's a good problem to have.

how about that bet, Mr. Never Mined a BTC in My Life?

Lordy, you've talked about my yeller button, you offered to prove that you have 9 pre-orders, you accused me of not being a miner.
You've talked about so many ugly things.  The only thing you didn't address is the lie you've been caught in.  
Though i like where you're going with this.  Level up, practice makes perfect Smiley

still confused.  what lie are you talking about?

Can i get you to commit to a single story?  Why did you go through all the mutually-contradictory rationalizations before ending up with "people can change their minds"?  Tell me one last time why you wanted to unload a bunch of pre-orders from a company you were shilling for representing at the time?
?

how many times do i need to say it?  b/c of space and electrical capacity considerations.

when i first ordered BJ's, 4 TH/s was supposed to come in 4 machines.  b/c they changed their plans, it went to 10 machines.  then, thru their own generosity, the MPP is going to take it to 50 machines.  i have a small room for these.  50 machines seemed untenable and b/c i ordered first, i could sell my pre-orders for an immediate profit; still can.  but the intent was never to sell them, it was to mine.  the repackaging of these into Sierra's solves the entire issue for now.  period.

still want to bet 1000 BTC?

After you admitting that HashFast screwed you and also their numerous customers by an activated MPP i just realized why are you so angry and why did you went full retard like Inaba. If you have that problem i imagine a lot of their customers didn't think through very well of that MPP and blindly ordered. Let's see how this works our for everyone.

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 10:52:21 PM

After you admitting that HashFast screwed you and also their numerous customers by an activated MPP i just realized why are you so angry and why did you went full retard like Inaba. If you have that problem i imagine a lot of their customers didn't think through very well of that MPP and blindly ordered. Let's see how this works our for everyone.

i never said they screwed me.  in fact, i think the MPP is incredibly generous.  and who said i'm angry?  i'm happy as hell that it appears HF is going to come out on top of these Asic Wars, imho.  

it's just that logistically, i have to think about how i can handle all this extra FREE capacity.  IT'S NOT A BAD THING.

which is why i posted my multiple of 3 strategy and personal conversion from BJ's to Sierra's all done with OEM parts.  it turns out this is going to be incredibly simple if you read carefully what i wrote.  the only ones that are going to get screwed are HF competitors b/c HF can afford to do the MPP (chips only) b/c of their smaller, more efficient chip design:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270384.msg2975145#msg2975145
willphase

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 11:04:30 PM

which is why i posted my multiple of 3 strategy and personal conversion from BJ's to Sierra's all done with OEM parts.  it turns out this is going to be incredibly simple if you read carefully what i wrote.  the only ones that are going to get screwed are HF competitors b/c HF can afford to do the MPP (chips only) b/c of their smaller, more efficient chip design:

hmm I hadn't seen that post before, it's quite interesting:

Let's use those two numbers as bounds for the size of the silicon under the lid. If the die(s) take up just 30x30mm of the space under the lid, then:
     30x30mm = 900mm^2
     100 GHash / 900 mm^2 = 0.11 GHash/mm^2

Or if the die takes up a bit more of the space under the lid,
      36x36mm = 1296mm^2
      100 GHash / 1296mm^2 = 0.077 GHash/mm^2

HashFast's Golden Nonce chip: I don't have to estimate the size because I work at HashFast. Smiley
   One 18x18mm die is able to do 400 GHash (nominal - more overclocked**)
   Hashing per square mm:
      18x18mm = 324mm^2
      400 GHash / 324mm^2 = 1.23 GHash/mm^2

What's interesting is that compare this to cointerra's chip specifications which give (minimum of) 504 Gh in 300 mm^2 which is 1.68 Ghash/mm^2 which is even more efficient than the HashFast chip.

Will

crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 11:06:40 PM

i never said they screwed me.  in fact, i think the MPP is incredibly generous.  and who said i'm angry?  i'm happy as hell that it appears HF is going to come out on top of these Asic Wars, imho.  

it's just that logistically, i have to think about how i can handle all this extra FREE capacity.  IT'S NOT A BAD THING.

Cypher, you're batch 1, right?

According to this HashFast release, you're just getting raw chips, not miners (watch for bold font Smiley ):

Hey Guys,

This statement needs to be clarified and was released prematurely. We are currently in the final stages of an internal discussion about how to further protect miners moving forward for customers that opt into purchasing it.

We have preliminarily decided to further protect our miners that opt in for the miner protection at a higher price point, and provide full modules for orders placed in Batch 2 and 3.

We’re sorry this went a bit early - we’ll be back with full details as soon as we finalize and get the documentation together.

Cheers,

Team HashFast
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 11:07:26 PM

hmm I hadn't seen that post before, it's quite interesting:

Let's use those two numbers as bounds for the size of the silicon under the lid. If the die(s) take up just 30x30mm of the space under the lid, then:
     30x30mm = 900mm^2
     100 GHash / 900 mm^2 = 0.11 GHash/mm^2

Or if the die takes up a bit more of the space under the lid,
      36x36mm = 1296mm^2
      100 GHash / 1296mm^2 = 0.077 GHash/mm^2

HashFast's Golden Nonce chip: I don't have to estimate the size because I work at HashFast. Smiley
   One 18x18mm die is able to do 400 GHash (nominal - more overclocked**)
   Hashing per square mm:
      18x18mm = 324mm^2
      400 GHash / 324mm^2 = 1.23 GHash/mm^2

What's interesting is that compare this to cointerra's chip specifications which give (minimum of) 504 Gh in 300 mm^2 which is 1.68 Ghash/mm^2 which is even more efficient than the HashFast chip.

Will

except that Cointerra hasn't even taped out yet, seems to be late at doing so, and most importantly seems to have disappeared.
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 12:06:55 AM

except that Cointerra hasn't even taped out yet, seems to be late at doing so, and most importantly seems to have disappeared.
Are you sure they haven't taped out? If that's the case, then there is no way they will be shipping in December, remember factories wind down a couple of weeks before Xmas.

roy7

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 12:22:01 AM

Are you sure they haven't taped out? If that's the case, then there is no way they will be shipping in December, remember factories wind down a couple of weeks before Xmas.

I haven't seen Cointerra announce they haven't taped out, so I don't know the origin of that report...
pajak666

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 12:49:58 AM

I haven't seen Cointerra announce they haven't taped out, so I don't know the origin of that report...

https://picostocks.com/businessplan/31
https://picostocks.com/stocks/view/31
because they had not done it yet
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 01:27:05 AM

I'm been anxiouslty waiting for some good news on this front  Embarrassed
HashFast_CL

Activity: 168

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 02:14:00 AM

HashFast will be providing all MPP customers (Batches 1, 2, and 3) with additional ASICs in the form of complete mini-boards.

This will be confirmed shortly by the Official HashFast account.

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 02:21:48 AM

HashFast will be providing all MPP customers (Batches 1, 2, and 3) with additional ASICs in the form of complete mini-boards.

This will be confirmed shortly by the Official HashFast account.

i love you HashFast Kiss
HashFast (OP)

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 03:04:47 AM

Hey Guys,

We realized that a bit of confusion was raised yesterday in regard to the MPP. So this is the official post concerning the MPP:

Cheers,

Team HashFast

regular

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 03:07:20 AM

Good to know.This at least makes break even more of sure thing if not positive ROI.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 03:20:28 AM

so just to clarify everyone's strategy.

if you bought a BJ, when the MPP hits, install 1 module into your current BJ.  then simply buy OEM parts: a 2U or 4U rack along with PSU, cooler, fans and plunk in the other 3 modules.  you'll need an old laptop, pc, or Raspi to install integrated HF driver/cgminer and you're ready to go.

a cheap 5x power increase.  extraordinary.
joshv06

Activity: 991

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 03:32:27 AM

if you bought a BJ, when the MPP hits, install 1 module into your current BJ.  then simply buy OEM parts: a 2U or 4U rack along with PSU, cooler, fans and plunk in the other 3 modules.  you'll need an old laptop, pc, or Raspi to install integrated HF driver/cgminer and you're ready to go.

Thanks for clarifying. I have a noob question: If I want to host the rigs on laptops, would I just connect:

BJ->Laptop

or

BJ->Rpi->Laptop

Thanks

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 03:38:37 AM

Thanks for clarifying. I have a noob question: If I want to host the rigs on laptops, would I just connect:

BJ->Laptop

or

BJ->Rpi->Laptop

Thanks

what do you mean "host the rigs on laptops"?  you mean solo mine?

BJ's come with a Raspi installed so you can just plug that into your router and point at pool.  if you want to solo mine you'll have to install stratum with bitcoind on a server and point the BJ at it.

Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: