Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:18:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 [466] 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:15:39 PM

Yes, at the Bitcoin Conference in Amsterdam.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
perezoso

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:18:42 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 04:35:09 PM by perezoso

Yes, at the Bitcoin Conference in Amsterdam.

Ah, okay.  My guess is that he's looking for an angel.  I wonder how much (%) of the company(ies) they would sell for an immediate infusion of $350,000.  I think that's what is on Simon's mind.  (Or looking for a new job.  Maybe both... keep his options open!)
armyof1ne

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:26:36 PM

The petition must have pissed you off for real to be so desperate. It's a good sign.
you apparently don't understand the word desperate... but thats ok.
The only thing im pissed at is stupidity, and it seem to be in abundance where the petition is concerned. which i thought might have been a good thing, but the chance hashfast had of turning it around on the creditors is no longer there in my opinion because they were just as stupid.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:37:04 PM

My guess is that he's looking for an angel.
Many suggested that their last PR campaign is aimed at getting some big whale in. However who would at this point? Just to have them taping out a 16nm asic forgetting about the board?

The only thing im pissed at is stupidity, and it seem to be in abundance where the petition is concerned. which i thought might have been a good thing, but the chance hashfast had of turning it around on the creditors is no longer there in my opinion because they were just as stupid.
You must be a genius then. What are you losing time here for? Is it that funny to troll us in all of our ignorance?

I wonder how much (%) of the company(ies) they would sell for an immediate infusion of $350,000.
$350k would only buy them a few more weeks. Useless imho.

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:43:09 PM

armyofignorance seriously needs to go back to shill skool. Fourteen posts all on this one thread and all contrary to popular perspective. He/she shows up and immediately begins attacking the most ardent scamfast critics. This is one impatient troll.
armyof1ne

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:51:23 PM

Do you expect me to do anything else? i mean, do you not care about your money? if so,  why the hell the petition? do you just magically expect me not to care about mine? do you even think about things before you say/type them?

armyof1ne

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:04:44 PM

armyofignorance seriously needs to go back to shill skool. Fourteen posts all on this one thread and all contrary to popular perspective. He/she shows up and immediately begins attacking the most ardent scamfast critics. This is one impatient troll.
seriously? impatient? do you even know why im arguing? It's impatience that set that petition in motion, and rage, and obviously fear. Its impatience that lead to an extremely poor decision that may just cost people alot of money... the only thing i am right now is patient, i mean honestly... what else am i gonna do... i mean there is so little chance of this succeeding for everyone involved that it should have been considered last resort... if you think intelligence and using it is considered trolling now... i have some bad news for you.
solarion

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:06:27 PM

Do you expect me to do anything else? i mean, do you not care about your money? if so,  why the hell the petition? do you just magically expect me not to care about mine? do you even think about things before you say/type them?

People have been asking scamfast WTF for months. <silence> <bs apologies> <more silence> THEY DO NOT CARE. They just merrily resell gear they've already sold once while ignoring the people that funded the entire venture.

Suddenly they're communicating...wonder what changed.

<bs snipped>Its impatience that lead to an extremely poor decision that may just cost people alot of money<bs snipped>

The poor decision was getting involved with scamfast months ago. Litigation is the only legal recourse these people have at this point. You make it sound like scamfast JUST taped out and was due to deliver in April of 2014. These people have already lost the bulk of their investment...myself included. Cookies for you if you requested and received one of your two refunds, but others have received nothing and they're understandably raw about it.

BTW, "alot" is not a word. If you're going to insult people for whom English is a second language then you must know this.
armyof1ne

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:24:07 PM

People have been asking scamfast WTF for months. <silence> <bs apologies> <more silence> THEY DO NOT CARE. They just merrily resell gear they've already sold once while ignoring the people that funded the entire venture.

Suddenly they're communicating...wonder what changed.

<bs snipped>Its impatience that lead to an extremely poor decision that may just cost people alot of money<bs snipped>

The poor decision was getting involved with scamfast months ago. Litigation is the only legal recourse these people have at this point. You make it sound like scamfast JUST taped out and was due to deliver in April of 2014. These people have already lost the bulk of their investment...myself included.
Litigation may be the only recourse, but how its done is what matters, which is my point. We are in the same book, on a different page.
I've been reading this a long time, i never actually joined this because it was normally nothing more than bitchfest of whiners that didn't know what they were getting into... so maybe i should have been involved earlier to at least help prevent this and give a better lawyer a better shot for everyone. a large portion of my investment was returned, i want every dime back, and this petition jeopardized that, i have no chance of doing anything else but wait now... thanks

As far as the english statements, if you can understand me... hey... it worked, when I start doing broken sentences and skipping around so bad due to extreme grammatical failures... then come say something, until then, you are really wasting the keystrokes.
solarion

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:28:22 PM

<coulda woulda shoulda crap snipped>... thanks

You're welcome.
perezoso

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:29:36 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 05:54:59 PM by perezoso

It's impatience that set that petition in motion, and rage, and obviously fear. Its impatience that lead to an extremely poor decision that may just cost people alot of money... the only thing i am right now is patient, i mean honestly... what else am i gonna do... i mean there is so little chance of this succeeding for everyone involved that it should have been considered last resort... if you think intelligence and using it is considered trolling now... i have some bad news for you.

Let's give you the benefit of the doubt and respond earnestly.  

Impatience certainly is not what motivated me. I waited until well after what they owed me had become a money-losing proposition before joining the petition.  That waiting period was also many months after Hashfast's alleged 'drop dead' delivery date.  It was not impatience.  If it was impatience, it would have been in November, 2013.

Rage?  No.  Some anger, yes, but I'm past any rage.  I can't dial back the network hashrate.  Hashfast can't either.  So, after the anger mostly subsides, I mainly want the truth and whatever consequences its revelation brings to Hashfast.  I very much want to know whether it was incompetence, graft, some combination of the two, or something else entirely that caused this company to let its customers down so badly.  I don't see any route other than the courts for this information to come to light, specifically, a filing with the potential to result in Hashfast's inner workings being opened up - without costing a fortune and enriching attorneys at customers' further loss.

Fear?  What on earth is there to be afraid of?  Hashfast's cash debt to me isn't large, and losing it isn't going to make any huge difference in my life, if that's the result of this.  In fact, there's almost certainly more to be afraid of by allowing yourself to be named in the suit than there is in hiding behind anonymous handles (cough).

If you are earnest, then I think you may have a limited ability to recognize differences between your own perceived self-interest and that of others in similar, but not the same, positions.  I also think that you massively overestimate Hashfast's intent to make amends with its customers.  Hashfast is the one that "lost" your money, not those of us that have taken action against this abomination of a company.
armyof1ne

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:54:30 PM

It's impatience that set that petition in motion, and rage, and obviously fear. Its impatience that lead to an extremely poor decision that may just cost people alot of money... the only thing i am right now is patient, i mean honestly... what else am i gonna do... i mean there is so little chance of this succeeding for everyone involved that it should have been considered last resort... if you think intelligence and using it is considered trolling now... i have some bad news for you.

Let's give you the benefit of the doubt and respond earnestly.  

Impatience certainly is not what motivated me. I waited until well after what they owed me had become a money-losing proposition before joining the petition.  That waiting period was also many months after Hashfast's alleged 'drop dead' delivery date.  It was not impatience.  If it was impatience, it would have been in November, 2013.

Rage?  No.  Some anger, yes, but I'm past any rage.  I can't dial back the network hashrate.  Hashfast can't either.  So, after the anger mostly subsides, you mainly want the truth and whatever consequences its revelation brings to Hashfast.  I very much want to know whether it was incompetence, graft, some combination of the two, or something else entirely that caused this company to let its customers down so badly.  I don't see any route other than the courts for this information to come to light.

Fear?  What on earth is there to be afraid of?  Hashfast's cash debt to me isn't large, and losing it isn't going to make any huge difference in my life.  In fact, there's almsot certainly more to be afraid of by allowing yourself to be named in the suit than there is in hiding behind anonymous handles (cough).

If you are earnest, then I think you may have a limited ability to recognize differences between your own perceived self-interest and that of others in similar, but not the same, positions.  I also think that you massively overestimate Hashfast's intent to make amends with its customers.  Hashfast is the one that "lost" your money, not those of us that have taken action against this abomination of a company.

How fast it went from "get a lawyer" to "we doing the petition, Mavis" is like... 2 months? as far as i understand a large portion of people didn't even consider (like truly start thinking through the process, not just entertaining the thought) til feb- march? and got gallo... fully on board around mid march?

lolol, you got a point on fear...

Hashfast did lose my money, there was a small chance of getting it back via targetted litigation which would have allowed everyone involved get their full refunds back, but that door is shut and a portcullis placed over it. as far as i am concerned, a halfassed petition not only destroyed my chances, but everyones, and this will not benefit everyone. acting like "better some back than none" is a crappy way of dealing with it especially when you have the "aww yeah... i'm getting it all back, baby" was on the table.
like i said, i shoulda been involved earlier.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:07:03 PM

Hashfast did lose my money, there was a small chance of getting it back via targetted litigation [...]
When? After the next block reward halving?

Litigation takes years, arbitration takes months, a bankruptcy petition gives you 21 days.

"Time is everything", so...

armyof1ne

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:09:51 PM

Hashfast did lose my money, there was a small chance of getting it back via targetted litigation [...]
When? After the next block reward halving?

Litigation takes years, arbitration takes months, a bankruptcy petition gives you 21 days.

"Time is everything", so...
i don't think you have the capacity to understand, so i probably shouldn't hold it against you... but i do anyways
perezoso

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:10:57 PM

How fast it went from "get a lawyer" to "we doing the petition, Mavis" is like... 2 months? as far as i understand a large portion of people didn't even consider (like truly start thinking through the process, not just entertaining the thought) til feb- march? and got gallo... fully on board around mid march?

lolol, you got a point on fear...

Hashfast did lose my money, there was a small chance of getting it back via targetted litigation which would have allowed everyone involved get their full refunds back, but that door is shut and a portcullis placed over it. as far as i am concerned, a halfassed petition not only destroyed my chances, but everyones, and this will not benefit everyone. acting like "better some back than none" is a crappy way of dealing with it especially when you have the "aww yeah... i'm getting it all back, baby" was on the table.
like i said, i shoulda been involved earlier.

The bk petition is not the gallo suit.  I didn't join any suit except the bk petition.  I can only speak with certainty for myself, but I seriously doubt that anyone in the gallo litigation also joined the bk petition.  I sat out the other, earlier, 'mass' litigation because it seemed to me to be more likely to enrich attorneys than HF customers.  It was also going to take years.  I have better things to do than wait that long for some crappy quasi-closure.

As for your legal strategery and self-confidence in it, well, I'll let others be the judge (pun intended).  I guess you consider yourself smarter than all the lawyers that HF's customers consulted, because you seem to think that you know something about litigation that they don't.  Odds don't really seem to be on your side on that one.

"I'm getting it all back" isn't on the table and really never has been.  If your earnestly think it was, well, then, I have this Unicornhasher over here that I'll let you have for a mere 100BTC.  PM me, please.  I'll give you up to 4x extra unicorns if this one doesn't poop enough.

Anyway, again speaking for myself, the bk petition is about trying to find the truth.  
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:13:25 PM

i don't think you have the capacity to understand, so i probably shouldn't hold it against you... but i do anyways
I also don't think to have any capacity to understand your void posts, so I will just comment your personal attacks: Pathetic.

armyof1ne

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:23:16 PM

I also don't think to have any capacity to understand your void posts, so I will just comment your personal attacks: Pathetic.
when you personally insult yourself by posting ignorant stupid posts that argue into my points and prove me right... you don't understand, the fact that you think i don't understand goes to prove your own ignorance.  I just show you the error of your own responses... i still had hope you could comprehend... but being optimistic about that part at least fell through... see i try to be optimistic sometimes, but dumbasses just keep making me pessimistic
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:34:24 PM

when you personally insult yourself by posting ignorant stupid posts that argue into my points and prove me right...
Since that those ignorant and stupid posts only prove to you to be right, since that no one seem to understand them... Well... No.

armyof1ne

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:36:26 PM

when you personally insult yourself by posting ignorant stupid posts that argue into my points and prove me right...
Since that those ignorant and stupid posts only prove to you to be right, since that no one seem to understand them... Well... No.
... so you argue against things you don't understand, you win the internet.... not...

at least you admit you don't understand... right?
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Nice shift. When you say something that doesn't make any sense, people try to bring you back to reality and you refuse to listen to the answer, the problem are the people who tried to answer with legitimate content, not your initial nonsense and your subsequent denial... Show that to your psychologist. He might help.

Pages: « 1 ... 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 [466] 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: