Bitcoin Forum
December 12, 2017, 10:04:49 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 [487] 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 875249 times)
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:59:49 PM

You become a creditor. sucks.
better than a poke in the eye!
you will become a creditor and you can PM entropy_uc to get information on what you should do to make sure your refund request becomes a registered "claim" against the company.    It is not that complicated and does not require that much effort to ensure you get a fair part of any settlement of the claims.
only if there is a settlement, beware of signing up with any lawyers, sadly alot of small players will probably have to end up owing the lawyer in the long run due to fees, or get little to nothing back. once the restructuring is completed and minimal sales increase(if any) there might be a chance at reconciliation but sadly, because the involuntary doofs decided to make a decision for everyone, we have to sit a long time to wait for our money, and still probably not get it.
You are completely incorrect and should stop posting about things you know nothing about.
No one has any need to pay a lawyer to file a claim.   We have paid, out of our own pocket for the filings etc.    Now, as Hashfast enters bankruptcy and a US Trustee is appointed everyone registers in the case and is represented by the Trustee and the committee.   That does not cost them anything.
You are a idiot if you think a company that was trying to sell off all its assets (see TWO sworn affidavits from two separate people that were offered the assets that are filed with the court) and get a piece of the action while leaving creditors with nothing WAS somehow going to "make us all whole".
Post your invoice or shut up.    You have no idea about anything.    BTW, wikipedia is not one of america's best law schools.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ninjarobot

Activity: 757

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 08:55:54 PM

You become an unsecured creditor so you will be at the very end of the line.

Your chance to recover anything meaningful will be next to 0.

Sucks.
Entropy-uc

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 08:59:18 PM

You become an unsecured creditor so you will be at the very end of the line.

Your chance to recover anything meaningful will be next to 0.

Sucks.

It's doubtful at this point that there are any secured creditors.  There is also a spectacular number of bitcoins collected by Hashfast that blockchain analysis suggests are still controlled by Hashfast or related parties that could be recovered by the bankruptcy trustee.  We are optimistic at this point.
armyof1ne

Activity: 127

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 11:02:07 PM

better than a poke in the eye!
you will become a creditor and you can PM entropy_uc to get information on what you should do to make sure your refund request becomes a registered "claim" against the company.    It is not that complicated and does not require that much effort to ensure you get a fair part of any settlement of the claims.
only if there is a settlement, beware of signing up with any lawyers, sadly alot of small players will probably have to end up owing the lawyer in the long run due to fees, or get little to nothing back. once the restructuring is completed and minimal sales increase(if any) there might be a chance at reconciliation but sadly, because the involuntary doofs decided to make a decision for everyone, we have to sit a long time to wait for our money, and still probably not get it.
You are completely incorrect and should stop posting about things you know nothing about.
No one has any need to pay a lawyer to file a claim.   We have paid, out of our own pocket for the filings etc.    Now, as Hashfast enters bankruptcy and a US Trustee is appointed everyone registers in the case and is represented by the Trustee and the committee.   That does not cost them anything.
You are a idiot if you think a company that was trying to sell off all its assets (see TWO sworn affidavits from two separate people that were offered the assets that are filed with the court) and get a piece of the action while leaving creditors with nothing WAS somehow going to "make us all whole".
Post your invoice or shut up.    You have no idea about anything.    BTW, wikipedia is not one of america's best law schools.
Please tell me what you just said invalidated everything i wrote, yeah... burn in a fire dumbass
Entropy-uc

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 01:58:57 AM

Please tell me what you just said invalidated everything i wrote, yeah... burn in a fire dumbass

You seem to be awfully butthurt over the bankruptcy, which is strange because every customer who has talked to me has been happy with what was done.

You claim to have a lawyer, but you haven't been in the creditor conference calls.  Why don't you man up and join the adults in trying to recover what we can from this scam?

Unless you're just Eduardo using another sock puppet.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2072

LEALANA Monero Physical Silver Coins

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 06:07:29 AM

Really glad I never pulled the trigger to buy two of their baby jets back in early August 2013.

Epic failure on HF's part.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.        SMOOTHIE'S HEALTH AND FITNESS JOURNAL          History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA  PHYSICAL MONERO COINS 999 FINE SILVER.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1372

Activity: 9001 == OP

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 06:21:06 AM

Really glad I never pulled the trigger to buy two of their baby jets back in early August 2013.

Epic failure on HF's part.

Stayed around long enough to see both Hashfast and KNC failed from the big hope at the beginning
Guess Friedcat still wins after the series of failures.
That said hope the people get some of their money back.
gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 2366

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 06:27:26 AM

Most of HF's customers have no idea about the bankruptcy at this point.  I've received no communication about it.

Bitcoin will not be compromised
HardwareReviewer

Activity: 256

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:23:32 AM

You seem to be awfully butthurt over the bankruptcy, which is strange because every customer who has talked to me has been happy with what was done.

You claim to have a lawyer, but you haven't been in the creditor conference calls.  Why don't you man up and join the adults in trying to recover what we can from this scam?

And a scam it certainly is, and hopefully soon was...

Prepare to enter a world of stress
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1626

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 10:52:55 AM

Most of HF's customers have no idea about the bankruptcy at this point.  I've received no communication about it.

Yes I think they will end up sending an email at the last possible moment.

perezoso

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 01:55:58 PM

Analysis suggests that ArmyofNone is about 20 years old and is so cocksure that he truly believes that he knows more about lawyering than lawyers, more about bankruptcy law than bankruptcy judges, more about Hashfast than Hashfast and, generally, more about anything than anyone. Your average suburban idiot child who's so wet behind the ears that he remains confident that when his 4th grade social studies teacher told him he was "brilliant" that it was true.

A Belieber who irrationally invested in the fantasy, proffered during Hashfast's dying gasps, that with just a little more time, they would pull through and ship everything.  Despite the massive debt, accounting irregularities, offshoring attempt, Liquidbits deal, etc, etc, etc.   Belieber's blaming the petitioners probably also has the psychologically comforting effect of him not having to face up to the fact that he, like us, sank money into this disastrous company.
Minor Miner
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:38:06 PM

There was a filing that listed the top 20 creditors (according to Hashfast) that will be given to the US Trustee.    The US Trustee will then mail these 20 people some paperwork.   There have been filings by Hashfast asking that they NOT have to send forms to all 1,000 or so creditors.    Maybe cedavid can post these on a site so people can read.
I believe the rationale given for not mailing all creditors was expediency.   So decisions can be made quickly.    While that seems to make sense, it is wise to be cautious since sometimes people do this because they already have a "solution" that they want to push through hard and fast and exclude the majority from debating (not just avoid the time the debate takes).   When people look at the list of the top 20 creditors, they should ask themselves if it makes sense to them.   

There are a couple law firms on there that likely would have taken a retainer so it is hard to believe they are owed more than $20,000 (but it is possible).    If anyone is owed a substantial amount of money and is NOT on this list there could be a problem that needs to be addressed with the US trustee (because that would indicated HF made a "mistake").   
What is the cutoff to get on this list?   I do not know but we will have that info in 10 days.   Right now if you are not on the list and are owed more than $25,000 you should PM me and I will make sure you are aware of how to file your claim.   
I have a hard time believing that the lawyer that answered the complaint to the AG's office billed more than $25,000 AND I am positive his firm would have taking a retainer up front before starting work.   AND they are on the list.
It is likely the Trustee will pick the committee that will vote in all the creditors' interests from this list (likely 5, 7 or 9 people) so it is important that these creditors actually have similar interests to you OR that the list is actually correct (remember HF puts the list together and they have had a lot of turnover so mistakes could have been made) and is not just a list full of "friendly" voters that are aligned with one camp.

Minor Miner
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:47:32 PM

He deleted his response to this post you made last night.   If you had read that post, it would suggest that it was definitely someone with an interest in all this.   While it might be someone in management, his post almost seemed like it was by a lawyer (or a wantabe lawyer) that thought he had a payday coming and the filing ruined that.   It would also suggest that his area of practice is definitely not bankruptcy since he seems to understand nothing about it.
There is nothing worse than an arrogant lawyer that does not understand the law.

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:15:54 PM

There is nothing worse than an arrogant lawyer that does not understand the law.

From my experience those ones are called "Law students".
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:40:32 PM

This is the list of the supposedly top 20 creditors:
http://hashfast.org/14-30725.37.pdf

I'm on that list, I'm listed as represented by Gallo while I'm not, and someone I know with a really similar claim to mine is not there. So I alone can be sure of at least two errors. I also find it hard to believe that those two lawyers didn't worked protecting themselves using retainers, but I guess that it will be one of the many things that will be discussed and argued.

This is the order granting the move to chapter 11:
http://hashfast.org/14-30725.40.pdf

Order Granting Motion To Convert Case to Chapter 11 (Related Doc # 35) Order Meeting of Creditors due by 6/18/2014. Chapter 11 Plan due by 10/2/2014. Disclosure Statement due by 10/2/2014. Incomplete Filings due by 6/18/2014. (dc) (Entered: 06/05/2014)

Everything else is listed on archive.org:
http://ia902509.us.archive.org/13/items/gov.uscourts.canb.522575/gov.uscourts.canb.522575.docket.html

Congrats on the deadline for their plan set at 4 months from now!

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
pmorici

Activity: 471

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 07:07:44 PM

I have a hard time believing that the lawyer that answered the complaint to the AG's office billed more than $25,000 AND I am positive his firm would have taking a retainer up front before starting work.   AND they are on the list.
It is likely the Trustee will pick the committee that will vote in all the creditors' interests from this list (likely 5, 7 or 9 people) so it is important that these creditors actually have similar interests to you OR that the list is actually correct (remember HF puts the list together and they have had a lot of turnover so mistakes could have been made) and is not just a list full of "friendly" voters that are aligned with one camp.

The law firm that wrote the letter to the AG is also the same firm that was handling the federal lawsuit against them in CA and also handling the numerous arbitration hearings that were going on.  To me the most obviously troubling entity on that list is "Strategic Counsel Corp."  otherwise known as Adam Ettinger Hashfast's in house counsel whom Simon and Edward have known for a long time and I wouldn't be surprised to find he was an investor of some sort in the company.  I swear I saw him associated with them on that investing website angel.co as some kind of seed investor but now it just lists him as their lawyer.

Gigampz: Adapter Boards for Server Power Supplies 50% cheaper than ATX power supplies.  DPS-800GBA, DPS-1200FBA, Common Slot, CRPS, DPS-1200TBA, DPS-2000bb, Dell z750p
perezoso

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:47:54 AM

That's what the law allows them, and I agree they are wasting time, but there's no way in hell it will take that long.  

It's in Simon's and everybody else's interests at Hashfast to convert those chips into money, and they are prevented from doing that (except for 1000 chips) right now.  Everybody is pressuring them to do something.

The only people whose interest lies in a delay are those that have pillaged money/bitcoins, and who want time to help cover their tracks.  
regular

Activity: 297

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:56:12 AM

As a batch 1 BJ customer that received my order (but no MPP) and am awaiting two BJ upgrade kits, what should I do to hope for the highest chance of getting something back?  I know the amounts owed to me would be not enough to make the list.
pmorici

Activity: 471

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 11:29:57 AM

The only people whose interest lies in a delay are those that have pillaged money/bitcoins, and who want time to help cover their tracks.

What makes you think Simon isn't part of the group pillaging?  There are two sworn affidavits filed with the bankruptcy court stating that he was trying to dispose of the company's assets in a shady manner that would have benefited him personally and he was one of the founders and executives at the company from the beginning.  I think it would be naive to think that Simon isn't just as complicit in this mess as anyone else in a leadership position there.

Gigampz: Adapter Boards for Server Power Supplies 50% cheaper than ATX power supplies.  DPS-800GBA, DPS-1200FBA, Common Slot, CRPS, DPS-1200TBA, DPS-2000bb, Dell z750p
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:18:53 PM

There are two sworn affidavits filed with the bankruptcy court stating that he was trying to dispose of the company's assets in a shady manner
Digimex is the first, but what is the second?

Barber is/was (but maybe I'm wrong) the majority stockholder of the company. It's impossible to argue that he wasn't completely aware of whatever was happening.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Pages: « 1 ... 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 [487] 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.