Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:36:11 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL or REGRET!!!  (Read 7210 times)
sugarlady43

Activity: 92
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:14:15 AM

If you make a profit, don't regret it. Yeah, it hurts when you sell everything you got and after a week it is way more valued as it was. You should be happy, even when it's difficult, I understand. You didn't lose anything and you have got a lot of opportunities ahead of you. Continue to do the things like you're doing already and who knows, you might be lucky in the future and sell it at the best time.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:30:15 PM

Well we all have these experiences that somehow will teach us that it is better to wait. As the old saying goes, patience is a virtue. I don't have that much to juggle between coins so sometimes i really get tempted to sell when i am eyeing on a coin with a better potential than what i hold.

patience is a virtue but time is gold -- just for humor thing Cheesy but kidding aside, yeah, it is true that patience is essential in order for you to keep on holding on your coins but for experienced traders, they always keep trading their coins fast and when they see some potential opportunities, they come in very fast because time is gold Smiley
thresher

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:35:07 PM

Well, for December, holding wasn't the right decision, I told some of my friends to cash out around that time, the ones who listened to me left happy indeed, a few days ago they started buying back. Last year, I sucked at suggestions but this year is going good so far... Hold for the summer, you won't regret it ^^
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:39:13 PM

Well, for December, holding wasn't the right decision, I told some of my friends to cash out around that time, the ones who listened to me left happy indeed, a few days ago they started buying back. Last year, I sucked at suggestions but this year is going good so far... Hold for the summer, you won't regret it ^^

Yeah, I should have cashed out my coins last December but it happened already and I am now still holding hope that we reach again that level of bitcoin price like that of December.
Lang09

Activity: 350
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:48:34 PM

I understand your regret but as long as you were able to earn something then I think that you are still a winner. Besides, you have other chances of earning more since you have again invested again on the same altcoin and I really hope that it would really increase its amount.
sinichi homes

Activity: 73

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:53:21 PM

thank you for sharing that valuable information experience. so when selling we must really know the market situation I really understand your feelings because I also have experienced it.
EmmanCryp

Activity: 471
Merit: 10

QUUBE — First&Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:59:40 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2018, 10:56:32 AM by EmmanCryp

That's a big amount of dollars that you have missed. This is one of the advantages of having enough capital for trading and investing in as much altcoins as possible and will prevent you from jumping ships

┈┈┈┈┈ QUUBE ┈┈┈┈┈
First & Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
GmBoom

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 05:24:29 AM

Its not too late to stack up more verge because we dont know it will also moon soon. But dont regret what you did on the verge for the first time. Because you earn profit on it and the advantage is that you use that profit fund to invest more. So dont regret when you dump your coins cause you gained profit on it.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
kidilito2

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 05:31:40 AM

From what you said. Maybe i also hold my altcoins for awhile. I think it will pump up this year. Hold is on my mind now, i don't know what will happen next. Just holding..

【BLACKBOX OS】 (https://blackboxfoundation.org/)
【The Future of Work. Decentralized.】
kaltar

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 05:57:32 AM

The cryptocurrency market is still very young and most of coins on it will grow in price over the next few years. Therefore, you do not need to rush to sell then not to regret about missed chance to get even more profit.
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:00:10 AM

I'm really disappointed with myself now because of Verge. Way back June 2017, I bought $200 worth of XVG and I sold it last week a day before the pump happened. It could be worth more than $5k now if I just HODL. Cry Well, I need to move on and learn from this mistakes. This will be a lesson for me to have patience and wait for the right time to sell my coins. The reason why I sold it was because I need more funds to buy another coin. I'm happy with the coin I bought because I can now see that it is now starting to pump. Maybe, I'm just half disappointed every time I'm seeing the current value of Verge. I bought some XVG again and will surely hold it this time. Smiley I hope that this experience of mine can be a good example for everyone especially the newbies in this community.

We must once made that kind mistakes. Its happen to me too but not on verge but on others coin. It is true, if we think we have a good coin with good potential, better holding it more longer and not being panic with market movement
mario00

Activity: 133

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:18:48 PM

I'm really disappointed with myself now because of Verge. Way back June 2017, I bought $200 worth of XVG and I sold it last week a day before the pump happened. It could be worth more than $5k now if I just HODL. Cry Well, I need to move on and learn from this mistakes. This will be a lesson for me to have patience and wait for the right time to sell my coins. The reason why I sold it was because I need more funds to buy another coin. I'm happy with the coin I bought because I can now see that it is now starting to pump. Maybe, I'm just half disappointed every time I'm seeing the current value of Verge. I bought some XVG again and will surely hold it this time. Smiley I hope that this experience of mine can be a good example for everyone especially the newbies in this community.

We must once made that kind mistakes. Its happen to me too but not on verge but on others coin. It is true, if we think we have a good coin with good potential, better holding it more longer and not being panic with market movement

You're right. Everyone has made this kind of mistake at some point of them being in the cryptocurrency market, it is not easy to actually hold coins past a while especially when you actually see that coin go up and you get scared that the price might drop again and you might miss your chance to sell. What we can all do is to learn from our mistakes and hold our current coins.
twicezeroiszero

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:22:18 PM

You're right. Everyone has made this kind of mistake at some point of them being in the cryptocurrency market, it is not easy to actually hold coins past a while especially when you actually see that coin go up and you get scared that the price might drop again and you might miss your chance to sell. What we can all do is to learn from our mistakes and hold our current coins.
The hold is not a right decision while you are holding a shit coin or a cryptocurrency without a clear strategy and plan to know what thing you must do in the next time.
Honestly, there are many people want to hold good coin after a significant loss, but, how to know that "good coin" can give you good profit after investment?
Even Ethereum is one of the good coins on my list still has many times make me spend so much time to wait for the value of this coin increases to get profit.

Tra

╓███▄
                            ]████▌
                            ]███▀
         ╓▄▄█████████▄▄    ,▄█▀  
      ▄████▀▀█████µ   `▀▓██▀`    

╓████╜   ╙███████▄▄█▀▀`▀▄    
   ]███▌        "▀██████▌    ▓Ç  
   ]███        ,▄█▀" ▀████   ]█  

▓██      ▄█▀▀     ▓███▌  á█  
     ▀██╖ ╓▄█▀        ▓███▌ ▄█▌  
       ▀███▒         ╓███████`   

,▄██╜"▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀      
   ,▄██▀                         
  ▄██▌                           

╓████▌                           
█████┘                           
 ▀▀▀                             
ion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
 Transitions You to A Crypto-ready Society 

Github   Telegram   Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Reddit   Youtube
 TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO 
u
\ \ \ \
/ / / /
PRE-SALE STARTS APRIL 15, 2018
/ / / /
\ \ \ \
u
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
PHP.guru

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:50:30 PM

Hold it or sell it actually is a personal question. Some people decide to sell it when he think earn enough and the buy back when the coin become cheaper. But for now, it is better to hold as now the coins are in bull run.

RosemaryWarren

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:35:54 AM

Yeah holding and only selling once you hit a target price
jundel

Activity: 314

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:38:14 AM

Thats normal. People tend to panic selling and buying. However the good timing is basic. Hodl is good because you can control when is the good timing for you. Remember dont panic buy or sell. Just hodl if price is down. It eventually go up. Wait the pump.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
MAINCOIN MONEY DIGITAL COIN NEW GENERATIONWHITEPAPER[ANN][ICO]MAINCOINTELEGRAMDIGITAL COIN
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Vovka4

Activity: 510

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:40:10 AM

I prefer to sell coins as soon as it does 100 percent or more, then I shift the money to another currency
Ayaancool

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:45:44 AM

If you have taken profit on it already, don't blame yourself and don't regret. This is happening not only to you OP but to every traders that wants to sell what they have.

You should assign some of your coins that's good for long term holding and some of your coins that are good for day trading or short term holding
You said the word even it happened lots of time with me some coins i sold by thinking short term pump but it took momentum and reached tn times of value . Some coins i kept waiting for long term became disaster. ITs common in trading .But always be sure about your profit.
kjnfmplm

Activity: 364
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 10:52:23 AM

Well, what you did is not entirely wrong. Because you need to have the funds to buy another coin, which as you said, has some good potential. You did not have losses from selling right? Just missed the pump? But, what you have done is irreversible. That's why we need to learn from our own mistakes. Mistakes are just part of entering the crypto market. Just be disciplined this time and hold it for a while before selling.
CryptoAllDay

Activity: 578

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:53:11 AM

I think thats an experience who everybody will mke who start in cryptocurrencies and trading. Everybody look at the charts and see the volatility and thinks he can buy in the dump and sell ond the pump. But in real life it is not that easy to get to this points. And when your in this situation as a newbie, you never know what to do and start asking people what you should do. But the problem is nobody cant see the future so thats why by the most starts some fud and then they make the panic sales and loose a lot of money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: