Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:25:07 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 141 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum will overtake Bitcoin  (Read 10542 times)
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:00:08 AM

There is chance for ethereum to be one of the crypto currency to be used widely. It is well design and fast transaction.
In terms of well designed, I doubt that holds much water because the Ethereum protocol have been open to hackers not once nor twice:

http://fortune.com/2016/09/04/ethereum-fall-out/

https://wccftech.com/ethereum-etherparty-ico-hack/

If it were unable to overtake Bitcoin at the peak of its shine and at a time when Bitcoin house was falling apart, I strongly doubt its chance now that Bitcoin have gotten its groove back. The huge threat poised by Segwit2x is now abated, trading in Bitcoin Future successfully took off in the U.S. and Japan making a move for 2018 and then the implementation of Lightening Network, right on the way! Bitcoin is obviously waxing stronger and more popular by the day.
DeepWater

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 06:10:51 AM

bitcoin will grow to $ 25,000, Ethereum above $ 1000 in 2018 will not rise  Tongue

❍ DEEPWATER ❍❍ S Y S T E M S ❍
 DeepWater  Shipwreck Treasure Search
  Telegram    Facebook    linkedin      Twitter
kambaralikhan

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:15:13 AM

I strongly disagree. For Ethereum, even to reach the market capitalization equal to Bitcoin will probably require many years. As Bitcoin market capitalization is increasing very fast. That's just one reason why can't Ethereum overtake Bitcoin. Ethereum is also a magnificent coin, high profile, highly sophisticated and highly demanded as well. I always prefer Ethereum after Bitcoin but Ethereum can't overtake Bitcoin. It seems sort of impossible but anything could be happen. Cryptoworld is very unpredictable.

BTCeminjas

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:18:59 AM

In the next year ETH will overtake BTC as the number 1 cryptocurrency.  I would unload your bitcoin while you still can.

It seems ethereum almost overtake the bitcoin last few months but still bitcoin win, i think that's not happen that ethereum will replace to bitcoin.
It is because bitcoin is bitcoin and pioneer of all cryptocurrency and the ethereum is altcoin the copey cat of bitcoin that's impossible ethereum will overtaking the bitcoin. Besides bitcoin now is the most trusted coins in crypto many people got invested in bitcoin.
I'm still holding on bitcoin what ever happen the price was drop i know it will back again.
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 06:22:40 AM

In the next year ETH will overtake BTC as the number 1 cryptocurrency.  I would unload your bitcoin while you still can.

While I am very bullish on Ethereum and believe that it is indeed technology more advanced than Bitcoin, I am skeptical that Ethereum can overtake bitcoin within a year. Bitcoin's market cap is huge and is actually 235 million compared to Ethereum's 63 million (based on today's figures).

If Ethereum becomes more popular than Bitcoin we should be able to see the switch but I don't see it happening yet because ETH is a programming platform and basically a technical coin which initially caters to developers rather than widespread mass adoption.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:29:21 AM

IMO, I do think ETH is a good coin with potential and will grow with Bitcoin in the future. But I don’t think ETH is able to overtake Bitcoin in terms of volume or price.
3DBrushes

Activity: 617
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:35:21 AM

Forget about Ethereum taking over Bitcoin. 10 more crypto Kitty games can take over Ethereum network completely! lol! They need to really work hard to bring some kind of ofchain scaling solutions as soon as possible. Currently ETH process 1M transactions per day but that's not enough for ETH to go mainstream so scaling is definately needed.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
stealthblade

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:33:43 PM

You are just day dreaming my friend. I also have Ethereum but i am realistic when it comes to cryptocurrency.
Igor17Krik

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:45:14 PM

I don't believe it. Of course Ethereum is very promising. Bitcoin is digital gold. It is very high demand!

▀     ▀       Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising      [   P r ⦿ s t a r t e r .   ]           Invest today. Live tomorrow.       ▀     ▀
▀     ▀            Whitepaper  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram Group  |  Telegram Ann  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |            ▀     ▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬   Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
nakauten

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:46:52 PM

LOL,ive seen this post 2years ago and guess what whos still seating in the iron throne? ethereum is overated.

Beazerdred

Activity: 242

CRYPTASSIST.io

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:51:04 PM

And the arguments, why such thoughts? I personally do not see the reason why the etherium so rose in price, or vice versa bitcoin has fallen in price, I see the coming year exactly the same will remain, in price

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER     》  CRYPTASSIST               |▌  [   ICO HAS STARTED    ▶  JOIN NOW!   ]
            THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD           ⚫  WIN A TESLA ROADSTER!   ))
Telegram   /  ANN   /  Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /  WhitePaper   /
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:59:09 PM

ETH aims at a different niche market, it does not compete directly with BTC.

However we need to acknowledge the fact that BTC is based on rather some might consider as obsolete/legacy tech specs and therefore there is much room for improvement on the whole blockchain concept and application.

If BTC devs keep improving the code, allowing faster transactions and charging lower fess, then the current dominance will last for a very long time.

But there are many new great ideas already thriving in the crypto world.

xGeraValerax

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:03:25 PM

The week before the holidays was held under the banner of altoquine growth and impressive growth of Bitcoin Cash for a number of reasons. Institutional investors, which entered the market, did not begin to drive the dynamics of the exchange rate, focusing on the Altcoins Ethereum comes close to $ 900, the market capitalization of the crypto currency has reached $ 84.5 billion. Many people attribute the current growth impulse to the success of the Cryptokitties project, which, against the backdrop of general speculative growth, seems to be some justification for the dynamics.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:59:09 PM

In terms of Market capital ethereum stands next to bitcoin, but the difference between the both is big compared to the difference between the other top listed altcoins. The year 2018 is termed to be the year for altcoins, so surely a higher growth can be experienced making the market capital grow high in value.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
bhoybitcoin

Activity: 336

“Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics”

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:07:06 PM

Yes I think so, but it will take a lot of time for the Ethereum to be like Bitcoin. It needs to be more mature because unlike Bitcoin, it is already in its urge to go more higher.

Juzion

Activity: 234

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:07:34 PM

I think no. Bitcoin is a king of cryptoworld..
Kaws

Activity: 53

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:13:35 PM

It often seems like when the Bitcoin price falls, the Ethereum price falls. And when the Bitcoin price goes up, the Ethereum price goes up?

Malabarka

Activity: 350

The Future Of Work

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:22:48 PM

blockchain is an excellent platform. But not the best. Last time it worked poorly and was rebooted. It seems to me that the ether can not replace the BTC. At least not in the near future. BTC -the best of the best!

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
WhitepaperANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTERYOUTUBE
anjuara29

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:24:42 PM

I am not agree with this. Because bitcoin is the king of crrypto world. And bitcoin is the power of digital currency. After bitcoin ethereum is the best coin. and ethereum never can cross bitcoin price at all i think.
jackhdt

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:28:25 PM

ETH aims at a different niche market, it does not compete directly with BTC.

However we need to acknowledge the fact that BTC is based on rather some might consider as obsolete/legacy tech specs and therefore there is much room for improvement on the whole blockchain concept and application.

If BTC devs keep improving the code, allowing faster transactions and charging lower fess, then the current dominance will last for a very long time.

But there are many new great ideas already thriving in the crypto world.

I agree with you. Bitcoin and Ethereum differ substantially in purpose and capability. bitcoin is still the number one. however, if not improve the code and solve problems about speed and fees of the transaction, I fear that there will be another currency to replace it in the next few years.

Make me great again
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 141 »
  Print  

Jump to: