Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:39:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: This guy has lost 103 Bitcoins  (Read 8030 times)
cryptojacklife

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:38:43 PM

I wonder how he sleeps in peace these days. It's really sad to see that the money you worked for, has become so virtual that you cannot gain access to it. Try to find out the file - somewhere, some folder, some file, some of your lot laptop ... it has to be somewhere. I would suggest to keep trying and not give up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
akihiro101117

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:46:03 PM

This guy has lost 103 bitcoins he mined back in 2011 and then lost his wallet dat file similar to what I have done but wow this guy must be gutted the amount of money he has lost compared to me  

His Address    166BuLPWHUjqoqiYp5rGE3B5r5AmqgHpoL    Final Balance   103.20832384 BTC

So many people have the same problem and I wonder just how much Bitcoin is stuck not being able to be used Sad

He says "I used to mine Bitcoin back in 2011 and I lost my wallet.dat file (through several stupid moves on my part). It's got approx 103 BTC in it, anyone is welcome to it, I've given up trying."

Ohh,No! That's a huge amount of money today. That's sad. I can't even think what to do if I am in his/her situation. I hope that he/she will recover that amount of bitcoin soon.

★★★     │  TEMCO  │      SUPPLY CHAIN POWERED BY BITCOIN NETWORK, RSK     ★★★
★★★   Officially Supported by RSK, TLDR Capital and Korea Investment Partners (KIP)   ★★★
Gintama214

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:48:16 PM

I feel very sorry to the guy, If he hasn't lost it he would be a millionaire right now and enjoying his life, but then he lost it and never recovered it again. I do think that this happens and sometimes it happens for a reason God controls your life so if he did not lose the bitcoin maybe there will be something will happen to his life or bad happen but we really don't know. If I was the guy it would be really sad and disappointing but everything happens for a reason and what he can only do is to move on and keep earning with bitcoin.
NelfiNovita

Activity: 640
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:53:17 PM

This guy has lost 103 bitcoins he mined back in 2011 and then lost his wallet dat file similar to what I have done but wow this guy must be gutted the amount of money he has lost compared to me  

His Address    166BuLPWHUjqoqiYp5rGE3B5r5AmqgHpoL    Final Balance   103.20832384 BTC

So many people have the same problem and I wonder just how much Bitcoin is stuck not being able to be used Sad

He says "I used to mine Bitcoin back in 2011 and I lost my wallet.dat file (through several stupid moves on my part). It's got approx 103 BTC in it, anyone is welcome to it, I've given up trying."

https://cointelegraph.com/news/up-to-four-million-bitcoins-gone-forever

It says up to 4 million. So that guy who lost his 103 is another statistics. Really just sad though to see someone lost a lot of money because they either don't believed that bitcoin will skyrocketed or they are just plain stupid and not backing up everything and literally throw their money away.

Can you share more about the story though? Is this a new story or an old one because we have seen a lot of people losing their bitcoins. If will be really good if you can give us a link or something.

I think there is way more Bitcoins lost than that tbh.  Its a shame there is no way for people with the wallet phasprases to still be able to get access to their old wallets . This sure is a huge problem for a lot of people

That story came from here https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14571124

wow this is a big problem for me, because your hard work so far has to go away, 103 btc it is a very big amount in my opinion. even I never thought about getting that much btc. how else do you just need to be more careful in the future.

Ngewex Yuk

Activity: 1190
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:03:56 PM

Sad news,  i am dreaming to have more btc and yet he owns a lot but cannot get it. 
Of course this is an important lesson for us to never put a lot of bitcoin in one wallet, I always worry if have big balance so I will divide to various types of wallet.

TIME
TO
SLEEP
melekseverce

Activity: 140
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:24:30 PM

There is no way to retrieve it unless if he could remenber where he put the files to recover and open it. Many have experienced problems like these and the only thing that could help prevent this is to make more back up of private keys on the computer zipped with passwords.
nararifki

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:28:06 PM

Why did it happen?
I feel confused, please explain more.
I hope it does not happen again like that.
sammyp

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:50:29 PM

I can not imagine what he's going through at the moment not to even think of when bitcoin reached it's ever highest peak.It is unfortunate that there is no way to retrieve these coins. I think Satoshi Nakamoto and his team should have taught about this but then again. this character makes bitcoin unique.

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
jake zyrus

Activity: 798
Merit: 121

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:10:40 PM

Sadly with the dat file gone, the bitcoin cannot be accessed anymore. This unfortunate accident hopefully serves a moral for everyone of us in this industry to take extra precaution in dealing with your wallet accounts. Remember that no matter how perfect the system or program is, everything is still in the hands of the user. I can't imagine the pain of losing this treasure but I hope you can make it back in bitcoin.

Baby Dragon

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:45:09 PM

Losing coins this much will be very tragic that I wouldn't know the pain that this guys is dealing with. All of those are his hard work and time. I hope that everyone now will be more careful to their bitcoins. You need to handle your wallet files properly so all your hard work won't be wasted.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████▀   ▀██████
██████▀     ▀██████
█████▀       ▀█████
█████▀▀▄▄ ▄▄▀▀█████
█████▄  ▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Partner of             
BITFINEX
PIR

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:56:13 PM

:(Oh my this is..so sad..so painful how can you guy enable to recover after such great loss? this is not a joke either.. but then in time you will heal and able to trust again and try doing it again but this time double if not triple security and careful act should be done not to complacent with how we put all those coin into one wallet...use all necessary precaution make sure it won't happen again.

CRYPTOBLADES 
|   FACEBOOK   |   REDDIT   |     MEDIUM     |     TWITTER     |    DISCORD    |     TELEGRAM
cutecute

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:13:12 AM

I think that will be the most regret in your life because that is a large amount of money. If you convert it now to it's price you could be a millionaire. If I'm the one who lost 103 btc I don't know what to do I think I will be out of my mind.
Marjo04

Activity: 408

www.bitpaction.com

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:21:06 AM

Aww this is a very dissapointed moment to that guy.if you have 103 bitcoin maybe you are millionaire now. My question is there a chance that he save his bitcoin? I like to mine also but im scared maybe i also make a situation like that.

TheHas

Activity: 616
Merit: 167

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:11:37 AM

I wonder if there is a way to do an analysis of how many 'orphan' bitcoins there are out there. Like if you could find out how many addresses exist that have X number of bitcoins that have never been moved in Y number of years. That would be a good indication of someone who has lost their private address.

Examples like this would show that there won't be 21 million bitcoins in circulation.

Hallmader

Activity: 1123
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:17:07 AM

One will definitely end up exhausted trying to recover it. It is very close to impossible to recover it unless several top-graded hackers will use all their talents to try to get them back. He could have thought of it and yet decided not to proceed since these hackers are mostly working anonymously and might not give him back what they recovered. There must already be a treasure worth of Bitcoins outside people's access.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:21:41 AM

That's so sad really. I am gutted just at the thought of this person losing so much Bitcoin. I want to add that I also got scammed, hacked and had Bitcoin and other coins stolen from me several times, so I know the feeling of loss right there. I hope one day he manages to find his BTC, but if he lost his private key etc and his .dat file, well it's as good as lost I guess. Over 2.7 - 4 million Bitcoins lost, should technically reduce the supply I guess.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Dne work

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:00:36 PM

Crypto still can't account for human error..I myself lost some bitcoin on anonymous exchange because I forgot to back up my password. I think most of have made a mistake that has costed us money, just not to the extent of 103 bitcoins.

Wow, he said the wrong move from his side and had to explain everything. I think you do not really care about bitcoin and do not get too serious in 2011, you get nothing and do not have to complain that you lost your wallet now in 2018 they 103 BTC worth more than 1 million dollars. And he said it was a stupid move from his side. I thought it was a refund. I hope you will finally recover your bitcoin, do not give up, that's why we all have to be very careful to save our wallets.
Ingramtg
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:15:07 PM

This guy has lost 103 bitcoins he mined back in 2011 and then lost his wallet dat file
WOW
I had nothing to say. Creepy situation  Undecided

Damn sorry for the word but losing a hundred 3 bitcoins thats a lot though , wishing that the guy will take an action as soon as possible , having a 103 bitcoin is not a joke.
Gila uang

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:23:27 PM

That is huge amount of dollar🤤

I think the most popular problem before the miners who have mined a lot of bitcoin, they want to keep it real but unfortunately because they are looking for some security for their bitcoin, they destroy their storage while backing it up and unfortunately, they can not back up it.
Back in those years bitcoin was not much appreciated at that time so it's okay for him not to recover it because nobody expects bitcoin to be at this stage.
RokokGudangGaram

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:26:18 PM

This guy has lost 103 bitcoins he mined back in 2011 and then lost his wallet dat file
WOW
I had nothing to say. Creepy situation  Undecided

Damn sorry for the word but losing a hundred 3 bitcoins thats a lot though , wishing that the guy will take an action as soon as possible , having a 103 bitcoin is not a joke.
because the loss of 103 bitcoin is not a small amount when used as paper money. and it's very disappointing for sure to lose it.
and with the existence of such information it can make our lesson to be careful with each other bitcoin that you have to be well preserved

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: