Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:02:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MasterCoin Buyer/Seller Thread  (Read 226631 times)
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:02:00 PM

Too bad honesty is so much punished in trading  Undecided
But he should have known that...

Yep, and i appreciate that honesty and respect that, but the truth comes out and shows itself over time, anyway.

This could get bumpy.  Undecided  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
littleblue

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:11:31 PM

what  happened to  jr,  he should'nt be so stupid.  don't he known he can't sell msc by this way even at a very low price?  am i an idiot or him is ?  now  price is 0.09.happy
jr could't be so stupid ,so  this is a plan,just to disperse  msc to  make  more people in this system
是吗?为了让更多人参与?所以要便宜?那不要钱岂不是参与的人更多。。very very much!
确实,不管出于什么目的,真的很傻逼,确实很傻逼。really really stupid
不过现在倒是一个机会。。 Grin
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:16:21 PM

I don;t get the panic, all this means is that JR will own less, and masteroin is gradually being less decentralised, this is great!
really

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:22:02 PM

My Mastercoin friends,

Given all the competition we've seen in this field lately, I no longer feel I can afford to wait for a sky-high price I like before selling some Mastercoins and jumping into the fray full-time. (As you all know, I've never sold a single one of my own Mastercoins, and I've been persistently disdainful of the market price so far).

I had a meeting with my tax advisor, and I'm going to have a HUGE tax bill due in April, so even if I wanted to wait longer, I cannot. So, I'm going to commence selling small amounts on the exchanges and see how it goes. Over the next few days, I will be placing small sell orders above the market price on various exchanges. I'm not in a hurry, and you won't see me dumping a lot of coins onto the bids or anything like that.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE A LARGE CHUNK OF MASTERCOINS WITHOUT MOVING THE MARKET, THIS IS YOUR CHANCE. Please PM me if you would like to get a large chunk of MSC around current market prices. For very large purchases (100 BTC+), I may consider selling slightly below market if you can convince me you are making a long-term investment. Several of you have reached out to me in the past asking to make large purchases of this sort, and I told you I wasn't selling. Now I am.

Please don't PM me about small orders (< 5 BTC). You can easily buy those quantities on the exchanges if you like.

I hope to sell 3-6% of my total MSC holdings (5000-10000 MSC). If there is a big buyer right now, I may do it sooner, otherwise it may be later in the year. If I haven't sold them by August 1st 2014, I'll sell more aggressively, as I will have held them for a year and I'll only have to pay long-term capital gain taxes.

I believe very strongly in Mastercoin, but something like 99% of my personal net worth is currently in Mastercoin, and Ron has convinced me that I have to do SOME diversification, especially since that will allow me to quit my dayjob and throw myself headlong down this rabbit hole Smiley

Thanks!

-J.R.

Also posted this on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/mastercoin/comments/1uo0ft/buy_mastercoins_directly_from_jr_founder_of/

What a good decision!!!You do not know you are beating yourself?My God!

stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:23:25 PM

I don;t get the panic, all this means is that JR will own less, and masteroin is gradually being less decentralised, this is great!

Too little, too late.
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:33:00 PM

Too little, too late.
If mastercoin achieves what it could based on the idea. RIght now isn;t late, right now is really early for JR to be releasing the coins,
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:37:34 PM

Too little, too late.
If mastercoin achieves what it could based on the idea. RIght now isn;t late, right now is really early for JR to be releasing the coins,
Antagonism.Now.Exists.
Herp

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 01:46:58 PM

Ron just made this comment on Reddit

Great move J.R

I just want to emphasize that J.R is committed to Mastercoin, and the very reason he is finally taking this move, is to enable him to make the plunge, quit his job, and dedicate his time position with Mastercoin. Also some diversification never hurt anyone.

I believe this would be a terrific day for Mastercoin when that happens.

Also, I noticed that J.R didn't specify a spot price, but rather referenced the market price. J.R - I think that given this large sell, you definitely need to decide on a specific price you're selling at, otherwise people will try to manipulate the market and lower the MSC rate because they think they can buy cheaply from you. I'm sure there's a price floor that you won't sell under - I advise revealing this to the market.

http://www.reddit.com/r/mastercoin/comments/1uo0ft/buy_mastercoins_directly_from_jr_founder_of/cekd3r9

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

BldSwtTrs
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:10:06 PM

Funny how when the price goes down it's because of manipulators.

Odds are that J.R's announcement is a catalyst for a reality check : overpromise and underdelivery.

But I guess Mastercoin's guys will go with the animist tropism of the manipulators explanation to protect their ego.
inbox

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:12:03 PM

We can organize a group buy thread, or have J.R auction off blocks of msc. Something I would be interested in.
Herp

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:18:07 PM

Odds are that J.R's announcement is a catalyst for a reality check : overpromise and underdelivery.

But I guess Mastercoin's guys will go with the animist tropism of the manipulators explanation to protect their ego.

I think it makes sense to go in full time and have the best brain (the founder) 100% behind the project.

They've hired some full time devs not long ago. A dedicated mastercoin exchange was launched recently. I'd say nice progress is being made.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

BldSwtTrs
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:28:24 PM

I think it makes sense to go in full time and have the best brain (the founder) 100% behind the project.

They've hired some full time devs not long ago. A dedicated mastercoin exchange was launched recently. I'd say nice progress is being made.
Of course it makes a ton of sense.

But it also makes sense for the market to wake up and say : "Holy shit, he was not full time already?! There are several other competitor projects where devs are full time, where code already exist. Maybe this stuff is a little overpiced right now."

Btw the dedicated exchange was launch by somebody not related to the project. Every body can thanks him.
Those who were involved in the project were too busy to fool people based on their skills in Google's SEO (buymastercoin.org).
Herp

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:34:42 PM

Of course it's makes a ton of sense.

But it's also makes sense for the market to wake up and say : "Holy shit, he was not full time already?! There are several other competitor projects where devs are full time, where codes already exist. Maybe this stuff is a little overpiced right now."

Btw the dedicated exchange was launch by somebody not related to the project. Every body can thanks him.
Those who were involved in the project were too busy to fool people based on their skills in Google's SEO (buymastercoin.org).

Not really.

They've offered a cash bounty to first exchange to adopt Mastercoin. That stimulated devs to create it.

About full time Devs - Protoshares top dev and co-founder/CEO was tricked out of his stake and thrown out from his own project. He's now starting Protoshares from scratch as "Ethereum".  

So I think Mastercoin is pretty well positioned to take the lead in this space.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Herp

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:47:03 PM

Please vote for MSC here https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/45070 to be added on Cryptsy.

Only 17 votes so far. RonPaulCoin scrypt based released few days ago has 100+. Let's get the vote count up.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

DarkEmi

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:50:06 PM

Not really.

They've offered a cash bounty to first exchange to adopt Mastercoin. That stimulated devs to create it.

Not at all. We were not awarded any bounty for creating the exchange, as there was none at this time. But hey, I still like the foundation Smiley

The foundation did however hand us a 400$ bounty for reporting an issue with the simple send, thanks to ron & his team.

I have seen Dominik do a lot of awesome communication as well, so there's that also.

Meanwhile, the price has been going from 0.2 to 0.08 back to 0.16 during the same day. Exciting times Smiley

ProProfi.com
The first home improvement service cryptocurrency project
ICO | Discuss on Forum
Herp

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:52:35 PM

Not really.

Not at all. We were not awarded any bounty for creating the exchange, as there was none at this time. But hey, I still like the foundation Smiley

The foundation did however hand us a 400$ bounty for reporting an issue with the simple send, thanks to ron & his team.

Well that's even better. Smiley You did it without incentive. 100% community driven effort.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

BldSwtTrs
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:03:10 PM

About full time Devs - Protoshares top dev and co-founder/CEO was tricked out of his stake and thrown out from his own project. He's now starting Protoshares from scratch as "Ethereum".  
You mean Vitalik Buterin?

What's the story with him and PTS? I always thought Dan and Stan Larimer were the only founders.
hmmmstrange

Activity: 669
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:06:47 PM

Not really.

I have seen Dominik do a lot of awesome communication as well, so there's that also.

Meanwhile, the price has been going from 0.2 to 0.08 back to 0.16 during the same day. Exciting times Smiley

Someone got some 0.063 coins.
Herp

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:24:17 PM

You mean Vitalik Buterin?

What's the story with him and PTS? I always thought Dan and Stan Larimer were the only founders.

Charles Hoskinson http://www.linkedin.com/pub/charles-hoskinson/29/983/662

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=325425.msg4273181#msg4273181

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=325425.msg4285810#msg4285810

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

P2PTerminate

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:43:33 PM

My Mastercoin friends,

Given all the competition we've seen in this field lately, I no longer feel I can afford to wait for a sky-high price I like before selling some Mastercoins and jumping into the fray full-time. (As you all know, I've never sold a single one of my own Mastercoins, and I've been persistently disdainful of the market price so far).

I had a meeting with my tax advisor, and I'm going to have a HUGE tax bill due in April, so even if I wanted to wait longer, I cannot. So, I'm going to commence selling small amounts on the exchanges and see how it goes. Over the next few days, I will be placing small sell orders above the market price on various exchanges. I'm not in a hurry, and you won't see me dumping a lot of coins onto the bids or anything like that.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE A LARGE CHUNK OF MASTERCOINS WITHOUT MOVING THE MARKET, THIS IS YOUR CHANCE. Please PM me if you would like to get a large chunk of MSC around current market prices. For very large purchases (100 BTC+), I may consider selling slightly below market if you can convince me you are making a long-term investment. Several of you have reached out to me in the past asking to make large purchases of this sort, and I told you I wasn't selling. Now I am.

Please don't PM me about small orders (< 5 BTC). You can easily buy those quantities on the exchanges if you like.

I hope to sell 3-6% of my total MSC holdings (5000-10000 MSC). If there is a big buyer right now, I may do it sooner, otherwise it may be later in the year. If I haven't sold them by August 1st 2014, I'll sell more aggressively, as I will have held them for a year and I'll only have to pay long-term capital gain taxes.

I believe very strongly in Mastercoin, but something like 99% of my personal net worth is currently in Mastercoin, and Ron has convinced me that I have to do SOME diversification, especially since that will allow me to quit my dayjob and throw myself headlong down this rabbit hole Smiley

Thanks!

-J.R.

Also posted this on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/mastercoin/comments/1uo0ft/buy_mastercoins_directly_from_jr_founder_of/

If there are people can buy all the Mastercoins by a group, I think it will not impact the market price. If you are crazy to MSC, join in the group buying MSC from J.R., let's buy MSC one time from him to solve J.R.'s personal financial problem. And make the MSC in a stable price, this is a win-win method. Let's discuss. Group buying start here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=405171.new#new
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: