Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 10:02:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: is bitcoin legal???  (Read 2987 times)
Klovezio

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:40:41 AM

Bitcoin is of interest to law enforcement agencies, tax authorities, and legal regulators, all of which are trying to understand how the cryptocurrency fits into existing frameworks. The legality of your bitcoin activities will depend on who you are, where you live, and what you are doing with it.
Hi,  Goverments have not yet clearly defined the legality of bitcoin, preferring instead to take a waiting position. Cryptocurrency will become a legal payment instrument in Russia, but trading would only be allowed through compliant exchanges.
sonphamuser

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:44:53 AM

Bitcoin is of interest to law enforcement agencies, tax authorities, and legal regulators, all of which are trying to understand how the cryptocurrency fits into existing frameworks. The legality of your bitcoin activities will depend on who you are, where you live, and what you are doing with it.
Hi,  Goverments have not yet clearly defined the legality of bitcoin, preferring instead to take a waiting position. Cryptocurrency will become a legal payment instrument in Russia, but trading would only be allowed through compliant exchanges.

G20 meeting on March 19, 2018 will have a direct impact on Bitcoin prices in particular and the Crypto market in general. Japan is urging the remaining members of the G20 to come up with rules to stop money laundering through Crypto.

You can read more in here
https://btcmanager.com/japan-leads-the-way-in-proposing-g20-action-to-stop-crypto-related-money-laundering/
bitor

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:46:46 AM

I know that in my country BTC isn't legal, but it isn't illegal to. We haven't any laws, which can regulate activities with BTC.
Hagmonar

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:50:53 AM

At this currenct setuation some country dont accept bitcoin that the reason why in some countrys bitcoin is eligal but not all country bitcoins are ilegal. There are some country’s already accepting bitcoin as a currency like japan korea and some other country.
Tohsigohay

Activity: 114
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:52:16 AM

it is only for the benefit of government in my opinion, because freedom of transactions will begin to be restricted by the government, and it is very unhappy in freedom, due to taxation and restrictions in transaction law on altcoin or crypto currency itself.
ekin4

Activity: 663
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:54:02 AM

Every jurisdiction is different, Bitcoin is legal in my jurisdiction. We don't have any crypto currency related laws and it doesn't fit anywhere. Lawmakers should find new laws if they want to regulate it. Also why did you open this thread in altcoin board? You must be one of those members that think there is only altcoin sections, lol.
espellogo7

Activity: 229

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:58:05 AM

Bitcoin may be considered money, but not legal currency. .The Ecuadorian government has issued a ban on bitcoin and other digital currencies. The National Assembly of Ecuador banned bitcoins including other decentralized digital/crypto currencies, due to the establishment of a new state-run electronic money system.
In Japan was the first country to expressly declare bitcoin "legal tender," passing a law in early 2017 that also brought bitcoin exchanges under anti-money laundering and know-your-customer rules. The central bank of Kyrgyzstan declared in 2014 that using cyrptocurrencies for transactions was against the law.The Ecuadorian government has issued a ban on bitcoin and other digital currencies.Some countries do not allow cryptocurrencies, some have no regulations regarding it, and some are allowed and utilized by the government. My country, has no laws regarding it which is why we can freely use it,,I am glad that my country is already recognizing cryptocurrencies as asset..
Budi kusuma

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:17:19 AM

for in Indonesia itself the existence of bitcoin still can not be used for tool bertransaki which in admit, hopefully sairing run time bitcoin can make transaction tool like other country which have use bitcoin for transaction
Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 09:21:27 AM

Yes bitcoin legal in my country but only limited as digital assets, bitcoin has not been legalized as a valid payment instrument. But it does not matter to me, because I only use bitcoin as a digital asset and once in a while I sell to earn cash.
A contrary here in my country. Though they didn't ban bitcoin but they didn't also consider bitcoin as a legal tender but I have heard some news that they were going to talked up about the digital or virtual currency which is bitcoin.  Hoping that maybe our government should legalized already bitcoin here in our country.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
BaronMjanie

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:31:44 AM

Bitcoins may be considered money, but not legal currency. Depending on where and how you utilize bitcoin, it is important to remain up to date on the latest regulations concerning the digital currency, bitcoin is outright illegal in some countries. The legal status of bitcoin varies substanstially from country to country and is still undefined or changing in many if them.
Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:48:10 AM

i think bitcoin is on the nuetral side , bitcoin is not illegal ang yet there is no law that legalized the presence of bitcoin maybe some country put regulation on bitcoin but doesnt mean this is legal. In my country there is no law yet regarding the presence of bitcoin and cryptocurrency here.
Bitmedrano040117

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:50:54 AM

I know that in my country BTC isn't legal, but it isn't illegal to. We haven't any laws, which can regulate activities with BTC.
This situation is observed in many countries. But usually if the country is civilized and the rights of citizens are respected, then the rule is that what is not forbidden is permitted. It turns out that if bitcoin is not prohibited it is legal.
mulyadi dedii

Activity: 420

ENCRYBIT — FUTURE OF CRYPTOEXCHANGE

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 10:10:25 AM

In the country where I live, Bitcoin is still illegal. This means that the circulation of Bitcoin can not be used for goods and services transactions in various business fields. The government still requires every transaction using the currency of the country that has been set. So there are no legal and government authorities that make specific regulations governing Bitcoin's circulation.
And for the holders of Bitcoin, its use is only in certain circles. eg for trading activities or for long-term investments. much hope from Bitcoiners in my country in order to follow in the footsteps of other countries that have legalized the circulation of Bitcoin ..

i40u

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:56:44 AM

Of course in legal, when some people use it in calcination money or something else, then the authorities just detain these people. What the relationship with bitcoins?
Tearz

Activity: 627
Merit: 250

The Pope Of Dope

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:16:21 PM

Obvuously it depends from country that you are living. Unfortunatly citizens of some country's can't buy or sell btc, china for example. However some country already did bitcoin legal, look at the belarus. So you are almost right.

Welcome to the future of the  █████████████████████████████
BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██               ██             ██
██          ███████████▄          ██
██             ███▀▀▀▀████          ██
██             ███     ███          ██
██             ███     ███          ██
██             ███▄▄▄▄████          ██
██             █████████▀           ██
██            ███ ██              ██
██            ███                 ██
██         ███████              ██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
PointPay   |

|
|

|

█████████████████████████
                     █                       █
                     █  ███                  █
                     █  █  █                 █
                     █  ███              ███████
                     █  █                █ █   █
                     █                   ███████
                     █ █ █ █                 █
                     █████████████████████████

Multi-currency Wallet
  [] 
                                                  █
                                  █               █
                          █       █               █
                          █       █             █████
                          █     █████     █     █   █
                        █████   █   █     █     █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █████   █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █   █   █   █
                        █   █   █████   █   █   █████
                        █   █     █     █   █     █
                        █████     █     █████     █
                          █       █       █
                          █               █
                          █
Crypto Exchange Platform
Docafid888

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:24:53 PM

I dont know whether its legal or not in my country, but the government try to make us not investing in it, but they havent regulate any rule about it until now. Btw, i live in indonesia. Here in bali, bitcoin investment still going in almost every aspect of transaction in town. So i think its legal, but i dont know where it could lead us to. Roll Eyes
Exforgant

Activity: 215

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:36:46 PM

Very few countries have gone as far as to declare bitcoin illegal. That does not, however, mean that bitcoin is "legal tender" - so far, only Japan has gone as far as to give bitcoin that designation. However, just because something isn't legal tender, does not mean that it cannot be used for payment - it just means that there are no protections for either the consumer or the merchant, and that its use as payment is completely discretionary.Other jurisdictions are still mulling what steps to take. The approaches vary: some smaller nations such as Zimbabwe have few qualms about making brash pronouncements casting doubts on bitcoin's legality. Larger institutions, such as the European Commission, recognize the need for dialogue and deliberation, while the European Central Bank (ECB) believes that cryptocurrencies are not yet mature enough for regulation (although with bitcoin almost 10 years old, one is left wondering when we will know it has reached sufficient maturity).
Baton55

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:40:16 PM

As the market capitalization of the cryptocurrency market shoots up, through price movements and a surge in new tokens, regulators around the world are stepping up the debate on oversight into the use and trading of digital assets.This affects all cryptocurrencies, but especially bitcoin, given its market leadership and integration into the global startup ecosystem.The European Union is taking a cautious approach to cryptocurrency regulation, with several initiatives underway to involve sector participants in the drafting of supportive rules. The focus appears to be on learning before regulating, while boosting innovation and taking into account the needs of the ecosystem. The European Central Bank (ECB), however, is pushing for tighter control over movements of digital currencies as part of a broader crackdown on money laundering, while recognizing the jurisdictional complexities in regulating an asset with no boundaries. In late in 2017, an ECB official stated that the institution did not see bitcoin as a threat, and president Mario Draghi recently confirmed that, in the eyes of the ECB, bitcoin was not "mature enough" for regulation.
phucngungoc

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:47:59 PM

The legality of bitcoin depends on what country are you living on. In my country, bitcoin isn't common. it hasn't been recognized by law but it isn't prohibited. Grin
Ramtapsbtc

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:59:10 PM

In my opinion Bitcoin is legal because there are no laws that says that it is illegal. The best move that a government can do is to regulate the exchange because it is where the can enforce laws if ever they want. It would also be beneficial to all the users if government would regulate exchanges because the can protect users from scams and frauds.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: