Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:54:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771074 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 03:00:44 PM

@kslaughter when can we expect the sales figures for last month?  Smiley

On the 15th.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kleeck

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 03:38:40 PM

The boards are being designed in house I think, so they could very well explode too.

The PCIe boards are being designed by our Professional Engineers.

Could you provide more information about the team designing the boards?

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
addi

Activity: 626

https://satoshibet.com

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 04:57:12 PM

The boards are being designed in house I think, so they could very well explode too.

As you know your replies in this topic are highly valued. That said, it's very irritating to see bullshit replies such as this empty statement instead of valuable content.
Please don't post to us like we are a bunch of morons, even if the original post was just as moronic.

stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 05:09:32 PM

As you know your replies in this topic are highly valued. That said, it's very irritating to see bullshit replies such as this empty statement instead of valuable content.
Please don't post to us like we are a bunch of morons, even if the original post was just as moronic.

He is right Ken. People are sick to the back teeth of poor and valueless communication, after Labcoin etc. 
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 07:31:51 PM

Could you provide more information about the team designing the boards?

Over 15 years developing electronics
minerpart

Activity: 280

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:02:10 PM

Goes to show how important it is to have a company like eAsic involved.
The ASICs are fine, the capacitors are exploding.

lol that's OK then. If it was anything else exploding and causing fires it would be different but as it's only capacitors exploding and causing fires - well obviously that's fine. I'm sure the orders will be flowing in.
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 09:15:25 PM

Hi Ken,

Here is a post I made in the forum.  Hope it goes down well with you.

Cherers.

-    -    -    -    -    -

Hi Ken,

I think we deserve a sitrep now the forum is back up just to bring everyone back up to speed. How's progress?  Are we to expect a financial report soon?  Any exciting marketing info you'd like to share?
Are you still planning to prioritise the mining farm over hardware sales, or have you planned for achieving achieve both concurrently. Where do you see this company in five years time assuming Bitcoin has seen wider adoption.  Are you developing next gen chips or are you too busy at present?  What are your short to mid term plans for taking on more staff?  Have you learned any important lessons from watching rival companies alienate their customer base, if so, can you share with us your thoughts on how to prevent this happening with ActM?

Thanks in advance.  Smiley

Sales figures for August will be release on the 15th, 3 months P&L, and Balance sheet will be release by the end of October.

5 Years is a very long time in Bitcoin time, we are working on our 28nm chip, we will do what it takes either hardware sales or mining whichever makes the company more profit.  Staffing depends on the market conditions.  Yes, we are very concerned about helping our customers make a ROI on the equipment.  Yes, if our customers when we start shipping can not make a ROI on their investment in VMC equipment we will offer Refunds.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 10:12:51 PM

lol that's OK then. If it was anything else exploding and causing fires it would be different but as it's only capacitors exploding and causing fires - well obviously that's fine. I'm sure the orders will be flowing in.
I only strive for accuracy here. Saying that thanks to eASIC you won't have that issue is false, because it's not an issue with the ASICs anyway.

I don't think you have examined these exploding boards and I'm sure you cannot say with certainty that a power draw irregularity within the chip is not causing the capacitors to over charge and catch fire. So you are wrong, this could be a problem that can be sourced back to the chip. So if you strive for accuracy you have completely failed. 100% conjecture - you win.
BitCsByBit

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 10:24:29 PM

I only strive for accuracy here. Saying that thanks to eASIC you won't have that issue is false, because it's not an issue with the ASICs anyway.

I don't think you have examined these exploding boards and I'm sure you cannot say with certainty that a power draw irregularity within the chip is not causing the capacitors to over charge and catch fire. So you are wrong, this could be a problem that can be sourced back to the chip. So if you strive for accuracy you have completely failed. 100% conjecture - you win.

Do you know who designed the KnC chips and why do you think eAsic is better?

Tipsy jar: 1HgfLMXiJQj9KZ7abLRh9rWuR7dgeSyub4
auto2nr1

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 10:32:35 PM

+1
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 10:33:24 PM

I haven't commented atall on the quality of eASIC chips nor have I suggested that they will be better quality than KnC chips. So why are you putting words into my mouth?

What I will say is that a fledgling company that ships consumables that catch fire on a regular basis is likely to be shut down, or face a huge recall bill, or a huge legal bill, and if unlucky could be facing charges of killing or maiming through supplying dangerous equipment.
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 10:41:02 PM

But that isn't what I'm saying. Please have the decency to not change what I am saying.

But it is exactly what you are saying - you said 'it's not an issue with the ASICs anyway'.

So what are you saying? You don't seem to be sure yourself.

I'm saying that "we won't have that problem because of eASIC" is wrong, and it is wrong.

Now, no-one said what you 'quote' above. You are being misleading - that is NOT a direct quote from anyone on here as you make it out to be.

crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 10:42:22 PM

I haven't commented atall on the quality of eASIC chips nor have I suggested that they will be better quality than KnC chips. So why are you putting words into my mouth?

What I will say is that a fledgling company that ships consumables that catch fire on a regular basis is likely to be shut down, or face a huge recall bill, or a huge legal bill, and if unlucky could be facing charges of killing or maiming through supplying dangerous equipment.

On the other hand, a fledgling company such as ActM, shipping absolutely nothing, has no legal entanglements to worry about Smiley
torbank

Activity: 217

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 10:46:06 PM

Followed the transfer instructions to the letter, a week later still no shares on BitFunder.
karsy

Activity: 383

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 11:23:16 PM

He is right Ken. People are sick to the back teeth of poor and valueless communication, after Labcoin etc. 

If you think that the person whom you devoted money to believes you are a moron. Why did you invest?

addi

Activity: 626

https://satoshibet.com

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 12:48:31 AM

If you think that the person whom you devoted money to believes you are a moron. Why did you invest?

I'm in it since the start. The idea is sound and worth the risk. Communication was much better in the early days tho, still the information to assess the investment on was regardless always pretty limited. What Ken thought of his investors, was/is unknown and thus wasn't a metric for me.

I sold pretty much all my labcoin at the peak, I felt it was overvalued but I never thought it was going to crash & burn like it did, which I feel in retrospect was mainly due to their incompetency. While their (dis)ablities are hard to overcome, I believe transparent and honest management could have steered it at least from collapsing the way it did.
Even though this is completely non-Ken related, it would be so stupid to repeat this obvious mistake for ActM. We have a lot of smart investors that can bring A LOT of valuable knowledge to the table on any topic whatsoever. The coming weeks we are arriving at a turning point, still I have too little information to properly judge its outlook. Imo proper, honest, open communication would be the best wind to sail this thing north long term.

BitCsByBit

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 07:05:49 AM

I apologise, I thought you wrote the original message but I was wrong:

In other news, KNC miners are exploding, literally exploding and catching fire. Goes to show how important it is to have a company like eAsic involved.

http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/hardware/5267-unit-s-catching-fire

So I'll ask that question again but to 4ju5tice:

Tipsy jar: 1HgfLMXiJQj9KZ7abLRh9rWuR7dgeSyub4
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 07:32:23 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2013, 07:45:49 AM by zumzero

Q1: Could you provide more information about the team designing the boards?

A1: Over 15 years developing electronics

or

A2:  Hi guys, in response to this question, I'd like to say that I'm unable to tell you the company name right now for reason X, however once we have reached stage Y, I will make this information public.
What I can say is that I have worked on a couple of projects with this team and am always very impressed by their professionalism and ability to produce high quality products on time.  I could have gone with other companies for a better deal, but feel the peace of mind I get working with these guys is worth the extra bitcoin as we only need to look at recent events with one of our competitiors and the rough time they are having with catastrophic board failures.  Our engineering team have a proven track record and have worked with large players in this space for the last 15 years.  We are watching events closely with KnC and are keen to understand what went wrong so that we can avoid similar issues.

DISCLAIMER:  Answer 2 was not written by Ken, but myself.  This may give Ken an idea about how a few choice words can keep the shareholders happy, without giving away sensitive information.  It's nice to see Ken online more often these days, and it's well within his ability to make posts like this.  Little tidbits like this would bolster confidence and see a boost in shareprice, and would also give us something tangible to discuss in this thread rather than the constant bickering and troll policing.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
sparky999

Activity: 473

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 07:45:44 AM

or

A2:  Hi guys, in response to this question, I'd like to say that I'm unable to tell you the company name right now for reason X, however once we have reached stage Y, I will make this information public.
What I can say is that I have worked on a couple of projects with this team and am always very impressed by their professionalism and ability to produce high quality products on time.  I could have gone with other companies for a better deal, but feel the peace of mind I get working with these guys is worth the extra bitcoin as we only need to look at recent events with one of our competitiors and the rough time they are having with catastrophic board failures.  Our engineering team have a proven track record and have worked with large players in this space for the last 15 years.  

DISCLAIMER:  Answer 2 was not written by Ken, but myself.  This may give Ken an idea about how a few choice words can keep the shareholders happy, without giving away sensitive information.  It's nice to see Ken online more often these days, and it's well within his ability to make posts like this.  Little tidbits like this would bolster confidence and see a boost in shareprice, and would also give us something tangible to discuss in this thread rather than the constant bickering and troll policing.

Couldn't agree more - a few lines giving a general outline of what is going on and what sort of time frame we are looking at is all people want.
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 08:33:24 AM

or

What I can say is that I have worked on a couple of projects with this team and am always very impressed by their professionalism and ability to produce high quality products on time.  I could have gone with other companies for a better deal, but feel the peace of mind I get working with these guys is worth the extra bitcoin as we only need to look at recent events with one of our competitiors and the rough time they are having with catastrophic board failures.  Our engineering team have a proven track record and have worked with large players in this space for the last 15 years.  We are watching events closely with KnC and are keen to understand what went wrong so that we can avoid similar issues.

That's the reason why a PR is needed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: