Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 04:59:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771097 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
knybe

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 09:45:46 PM

Also, those transfer which I was going to finish transferring tomorrow before the dividend payment, I will start transferring as soon as possible.

Yeah but...

how do we get dividends now?
KCK402

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 09:56:14 PM

Ken: "Active Mining Corporation, seen this coming a long time ago"

Uh? Thanks for telling us...
adub

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 09:57:14 PM

trading has been turned off to US citizens....

wow didn't see that coming... but then you never do on a long con.

Active Mining Corporation, seen this coming a long time ago, and has taken steps including incorporating in Belize and creating our own exchange in the event one is needed.  We have also retain legal council (Marco Santori of Nesenoff & Miltenberg LLP) and a member of the Bitcoin Foundation to advise us on our position as a Belize Corporation.

My status as a US citizen should not affect Active Mining Corporation as I do not own any of the shares of the corporation.

Since ActiveMining is a Belize corporation ( I have sent documents to Ukyo showing our incorporation in Belize ) trading of ActiveMining on Bitfunder should not be affected in any way except the loss of US Citizens account.  Now would be an excellent time to pick up those extra shares at a bargin price if you are not a US citizen.  

Also, those transfer which I was going to finish transferring tomorrow before the dividend payment, I will start transferring as soon as possible.

Marco is the right choice. He is my attorney as well.

blog.atlantabitcoin.com || www.linkedin.com/in/atlantabitcoin
Ask me about how to legally operate Bitcoin ATM/Kiosks in the US!
Curious about how the various Bitcoin ATMs measure up? Check out bitcoinatmsales.com.
Bitrated: https://www.bitrated.com/aawilliams/
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 10:00:42 PM

In the long-term this is great for Bitfunder.. The effort Ukyo is making will be viewed in a positive light by governments in all countries.  

edit: Ken, you shouldn't be telling us that you don't hold any shares.  This contradicts what you have already told us before.. it would have been better not to comment about that at all..

@VolanicEruptor, You need to understand the structure of the company, before you start telling me that I am contradicting what I have said in the past.  I do own ActiveMining shares; however, I do not own Active Mining Corporation shares.
bobdude17

Activity: 454

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 10:02:49 PM

Active Mining Corporation, seen this coming a long time ago, and has taken steps including incorporating in Belize and creating our own exchange in the event one is needed.  

Isn't BitFunder offshore of USA?

How will your "offshore exchange" be any different?

Sorry, but this is the question that needs an answer. Personal share holding rebuttals can wait.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 10:03:13 PM

Yeah but...

how do we get dividends now?

We will setup a system to pay dividends to your Bitcoin address on Bitfunder, this is what the address had been set up for.
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 10:05:31 PM

Ok Kslaughter, you have made me feel alot better,i will be holding my active mining shares,(i'm non us citizen) thanks
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 10:05:45 PM

Active Mining Corporation, seen this coming a long time ago, and has taken steps including incorporating in Belize and creating our own exchange in the event one is needed.  

Sorry, but this is the question that needs an answer. Personal share holding rebuttals can wait.

It will not be any different, it is there in the even Bitfunder was to close down, to protect our Investors.  At this point we see that Bitfunder is staying open, unlike BTC-TC, to non US citizens.
knybe

Activity: 658

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 10:06:04 PM

Ken,
at this point wouldn't it be best to pull all US based shares off of BitFunder and go direct or something? I don't want anything to do with BitFunder.
redbeans2012

Activity: 887

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 10:07:50 PM

What will happen to US shareholders? If we do nothing.

+1

This is something that needs to be answered.  Huh
bobdude17

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 10:08:05 PM

It will not be any different, it is there in the even Bitfunder was to close down, to protect our Investors.  At this point we see that Bitfunder is staying open, unlike BTC-TC, to non US citizens.

Thanks for the quick reply. Any solutions for US investors?
bobdude17

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 10:09:14 PM

Ken,
at this point wouldn't it be best to pull all US based shares off of BitFunder and go direct or something? I don't want anything to do with BitFunder.

Does this run the risk of making ActM itself in violation of US law? Which unfortunatly happens to be grounded on US soil...
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 10:09:28 PM

Ken: "Active Mining Corporation, seen this coming a long time ago"

Uh? Thanks for telling us...

All we could do is what we have done.  We did not know for sure what was going to happen, but it has happened before to the "Global Bitcoin Stock Exchange".
kleeck

Activity: 532

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 10:09:54 PM

Would you consider opening up an exchange for US holders to trade ActM shares on?

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 10:11:43 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. Any solutions for US investors?

Yes

Edit:  I am sure there will be discussions on the board.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 10:13:46 PM

Does this run the risk of making ActM itself in violation of US law? Which unfortunatly happens to be grounded on US soil...

I thought it was based in belize. But unfortunately, it doesnt change anything. What is illegal is targeting unregistered securities to US citizens. Doesnt matter if the securities are shares in a US or Belize company. The only way around that is registering the securities with the SEC (and every other national security commission where you want to sell shares, the regulations are quite similar all over the world).
ishkur

Activity: 219

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 10:14:45 PM

I wanna buy direct shares

Or ken can you open up on havelock?
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 10:15:34 PM

Would you consider opening up an exchange for US holders to trade ActM shares on?

Translation:  Ken, are you prepared to become a felon?
auto2nr1

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 10:16:50 PM

+1

Ken mentioned that there is a exchange that is in the works in case BitFunder has to shut down. Would you be able to open that up for us? (US citizens)
redbeans2012

Activity: 887

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 10:17:05 PM

What if you just took the company private and avoided all this?  Undecided
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: