Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:27:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HoboNickels - HBN - High Fast Stake - Version 2.0! More Secure, Less Intensive  (Read 478619 times)
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 05:20:42 PM

LOL i think this was:

"BumPay"

we came up with an idea for a viral App what it done was track your favorite homeless person, how it woudl work is by setting up little solar nodes.

the homeless guy would create a profile and claim a geographic location, then update his like bum blog etc.

people could contribute to their favorite bum with "Bumpay" , then there would be featured bums and like Bum of the month.

ultimately though it would need to have a fairly good verification system what with he USSA heading towards the hard end of Oligarchy if it was shown to be profitable you would find "fake bums" popping up on every street corner.

but this could be viable with a VeriBum system in which users of the Bumpay app (tm) could go and walk to the location and physically verify that the person was:

1. Present and
2. a Bum.

(there could be a number of different scores) like:

A. pungent burnt smell
B. Sick looking
C. Dog with 3 legs in basket.
D. scabs or obvious disease

with this done then they just Bum-rate the Bum and that update goes on the Bum's profile .

its a complete Bum social service and payment system, obviously each bum can update a Bumpic profile Pic in which users can keep track of their plight and endeavors.

the heading could be something like:

being a Bum has never been so attractive !

"as a Bum in 2014 i need to make sure my eyeballs are their whitest. yellowest"

i'm happy to donate this idea to the greater good of bums all over the world as long as you acknowledge the idea.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:48:36 PM

I like the above, except in the parlance we're talking here, hobos aren't bums.

A bum doesn't work. A hobo goes from place to place picking up whatever job he can get. He might be a beggar sometimes, though usually not.

There are natural hierarchies at work even in the world of the homeless Tongue
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:47:26 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2014, 09:25:03 PM by vegasguy

Guys im having the worst time keeping my wallet in sync. Ive tried the following things:

1. -resync command after the exe file
2. Wallet repair (Everytime it launches , I do a walletrepair, and it says 3 coins in error +1500 and never adds the funds)
3. I created a hobonickels.conf and handpicked the nodes for version 1.4.99 (1.5 Final beta)
4. Tried to also add those nodes manually in console. Looked like it took, but then I look at peers, and its using mostly peers from .7.5 clients anyway!?!?
5. Deleted All but wallet.dat in roaming, and downloaded blockchain that goes to 10-21-14, its syncs until it gets about 10 minutes from finishing, then it stops syncing).

Its an old wallet.dat with 4100 transactions..is this too many? If this is the case , I just want to band aid it and create another wallet.dat because this is my 10th day for most of my 500 coin blocks. Cant move them anyway if it wont sync. I have 7000 coins bundled up in 500 coin blocks, but it doesnt help.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Vegas

UPDATE: Renamed wallet.dat to wallet.old. Deleted all in roaming except walletfile. Used blockchain.zip file to 10-21-14 and resynced fine. turned off firewall. Closed HBN , renamed new wallet to wallet.new and re-renamed wallet.old to wallet.dat. SEEMS to be staying in sync. But I think at this point im going to start moving over my coins that have rewarded to new wallet. Hope this helps anyone else.

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 09:39:45 PM

Question while im here.. I have quite a few blocks of 500 coins that are 19 days.. but then I look and the POS difficulty is only : proof-of-stake" : 0.00394398 . That seems really low. now I know that the blocks dont break exactly on the 10th day or even 11th, but 19 days seems really long for such a low POS diff... Is it time to raise my block size ? Yes I know about max reward, but Im losing money waiting 19+ days for them to cycle.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 10:26:29 PM

I think you're not doing enough to emphasize HBN's selling points. Wink

Such as.. this is an inhouse, instamined, crapcoin, dreamt up by a Cryptsy admin (Horus) who impersonated the hobo (jdtmp4) that got this pile of shit rolling.

hahahahaa, that's like saying to a supreme court judge, "so what you are a famous judge in the highest court in the land, your great grand father was a slave."  

That was a long time ago and qualifies to be called 'history', this is a new day, present leadership is the ONLY true leader the CURRENT community
knows and are very happy with.  

How old are you anyway, like 800?

Armis: I like your response to Hippie Tech. It is measured and puts the whole thing into a nutshell.

To Hippie Tech:

I'm not sure whether your question was to me, or through me.  I take it that your post was made in good humour, although I do detect a certain element mischief. Armis has responded to you with equal good humour and has given you what seems to be a good reply.

Nevertheless, I found your post interesting. If anything it strengthened the degree of my trust in HoboNickels, which was quite high to begin with. I quickly read through some of your posts elsewhere. Am I right in assuming that Cryptsy won't be at the top of your Christmas card list this year? One thing that I like about Cryptsy is that, in Paul Vernon, it has the name of someone who is tangible and exists. A face. Someone who is accountable. Someone who attends and speaks at cryptocoin conferences. Someone who obviously believes in what he is doing. Someone who is pushing the boundaries.

The HBN price went down slightly shortly after you posted, so I decided that it might be a good time to buy. I found it very difficult because HBN currently has an aggressive buy wall, which at the same time is trying to buy at the lowest prices possible. Every time I put in a top buy order, someone came in immediately with a higher bid. This went on for a period of days. I had to plough into the sell wall to get all the HBNs I wanted. The price went up and the buy wall followed. Perhaps somebody knows something?

Cryptsy inhouse vs Cryptsy Chat conception? If you are right that HoboNickels is a Cryptsy inhouse developed coin, then that would tend to bolster my confidence, in that it was developed by professionals who know how coins work and have all the experience and resources at the disposal of a professional organisation. Regardless of whether it was a Cryptsy inhouse coin, or developed by enthusiastic amatuers simply using the Cryptsy Chat facility to communicate with the intention of creating a coin in reverence to the mysterious 'CryptoHobo', there can be little doubt that HoboNickels is an innovative, well-established, well-developed and well-maintained cryptocoin.

Instamining? I have no fundamental problem with a coin being 'instamined' by its creator, or creators. Instamining is mining during the immediate period when a coin is released and the difficulty in harvesting coins is very low. I think it 'fair' that the creator receives an abundant, fair share. It helps cover the cost of creating and issuing the coin. It gives the creator useful resources and an interest in ongoing maintenance and development. In the fiat world it is called seignorage. Neither do I have a problem with 'instabuying' by savvy investors who also have a genuine interest in the coin.

I'm going to rise to your bait and list what I consider to be some of HBN's selling points:

• well-established, and is based on well-developed coding;
  • innovative e.g. the first coin with multi-wallet functionality;
  • enthusiastic, knowledgeable, responsive and vigilant developers;
  • accountability. The lead developer has a face!;
  • HoboNickels has a backstory. Depth. Semiotics: symbolising freight trains, an alternative lifestyle, the real-world hobo nickel - a physical coin transformed into something of greater value as an alternative medium of exchange etc. With an Android wallet this imagery would be reinforced;
  • HBN does exactly what it says on the tin. It focuses on its main purpose. It is a well-intentioned, alternative form of currency. It does not diffuse its energy by pretending to be a cure for all the World's ills;
  • high POS rate of interest, although the difficulty is increasing (some would see that as a good thing);
  • advanced coin control;
  • current price stability within a predictable range of variation, although I do think that there is an imminent price rise waiting in the wings; and
  • security e.g. the ability for the new wallet to internally combine amounts is not only convenient, but also improves the security of the network.

I'm sure that others could add more.

But then, Hippie Tech ... you knew all that already, ... didn't you?  Wink

two words .. w-ow
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 10:50:39 PM

Guys im having the worst time keeping my wallet in sync. Ive tried the following things:

2. Wallet repair (Everytime it launches , I do a walletrepair, and it says 3 coins in error +1500 and never adds the funds)
3. I created a hobonickels.conf and handpicked the nodes for version 1.4.99 (1.5 Final beta)
4. Tried to also add those nodes manually in console. Looked like it took, but then I look at peers, and its using mostly peers from .7.5 clients anyway!?!?
5. Deleted All but wallet.dat in roaming, and downloaded blockchain that goes to 10-21-14, its syncs until it gets about 10 minutes from finishing, then it stops syncing).

Its an old wallet.dat with 4100 transactions..is this too many? If this is the case , I just want to band aid it and create another wallet.dat because this is my 10th day for most of my 500 coin blocks. Cant move them anyway if it wont sync. I have 7000 coins bundled up in 500 coin blocks, but it doesnt help.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Vegas

UPDATE: Renamed wallet.dat to wallet.old. Deleted all in roaming except walletfile. Used blockchain.zip file to 10-21-14 and resynced fine. turned off firewall. Closed HBN , renamed new wallet to wallet.new and re-renamed wallet.old to wallet.dat. SEEMS to be staying in sync. But I think at this point im going to start moving over my coins that have rewarded to new wallet. Hope this helps anyone else.

Sorry to hear about the issues, but glad you got them sorted.

Sounds like you had an issue with the wallet and the index(database dir). Sometimes using the following switches can help without needing to resort to the renaming as you did. -rescan, -zapwallettxes and lastly -salvagewallet.  Always be sure to have a good back-up of wallet(s) before doing any of the above.

As far as 4,400 transactions being too much, I have over 30k and I stay in sync and stake 100s of times a day with blocks of 100+

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 10:54:03 PM

Question while im here.. I have quite a few blocks of 500 coins that are 19 days.. but then I look and the POS difficulty is only : proof-of-stake" : 0.00394398 . That seems really low. now I know that the blocks dont break exactly on the 10th day or even 11th, but 19 days seems really long for such a low POS diff... Is it time to raise my block size ? Yes I know about max reward, but Im losing money waiting 19+ days for them to cycle.

Vegas

I think you are quite good at 500, and in-fact much larger then I keep mine.  And you are only loosing a very small yearly compounding percentage.

I have just a handful of blocks over 19 days that haven't staked, they are 100-200 range. 500 should stake pretty quickly, assuming your wallet is unlocked and running on the right chain.

Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
BainbridgeJ

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 03:29:26 AM
Last edit: December 06, 2014, 02:33:17 PM by BainbridgeJ

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Vegas

Sorry to hear about the issues, but glad you got them sorted.

Sounds like you had an issue with the wallet and the index(database dir). Sometimes using the following switches can help without needing to resort to the renaming as you did. -rescan, -zapwallettxes and lastly -salvagewallet.  Always be sure to have a good back-up of wallet(s) before doing any of the above.

As far as 4,400 transactions being too much, I have over 30k and I stay in sync and stake 100s of times a day with blocks of 100+

Syncing problems are commonly reported throughout the pages of Bitcointalk. Good, solid advice is given out by experts in difficult circumstances, where lots of variables abound. Sometimes even experienced computer users can forget the basics, especially in the crypto-currency, experimental world.

Bainbridge's Guide to Flawless Syncing

For those who are experiencing difficulties in syncing, I have some suggestions that might be helpful. First, the HoboNickels network seems to be OK on my computers. I have never experienced a problem with the HoboNickels wallet syncing, or transacting. So if anyone is experiencing problems, it would seem that those problems could lie elsewhere.

Lots of factors can affect a wallet syncing. Resource hungry programs running in the background, ISPs resetting the connection etc. In the way-distant-past, I have experienced 'sticking points' with installing Quarkcoin (an early favourite coin) and Dogecoin. I found that eventually they synced if given time. I also found that syncing was improved by following some simple procedures.

My experience of HoboNickels loading and syncing on my computers is that it is smooth; seamless, like a Rolls Royce engine. Of all the wallets that I have, HoboNickels is one of the fastest to sync and performs well. That's partly why I am here. Let me elaborate further!

In general, malware, anti-malware, anti-virus and firewall programs are not particularly well-disposed towards the syncing of altcoin wallets. The same goes for Windows automatically updating and other programs going on in the background. Different computers and Operating Systems can handle altcoin software differently. This may sound simple, but I assure you that by following some simple procedures, they can prove to be very effective when ordinary syncing is concerned!

Assuming that your hard drive isn't faulty, that unnecessary, background programs have been closed, that your Operating System doesn't need defragging and is virus/trojan/malware free, here goes:

• If experiencing problems syncing a new wallet try switching off any anti-virus and auto-updating programs.
  • Try Piriform's CCleaner (recommended) to get rid of resource hungry cookies, and pesky background 'noise' etc. http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
  • Sometimes a wallet restart, or one at a later time might help. Occassionally with some coins there might not even be a connection to connect to!
  • If you still are experiencing trouble, focus some attention on your Internet Service Provision. It is interesting that some Internet Service Providers (ISPs) seem to perform differently when it comes to the installing and syncing of altcoin wallets. Syncing for the first time can take up quite a few hours of download time - 2, or 3 days with long-established coins having long DNA-like blockchains. Some ISPs do switch off the connection and reset according to their 'fair-useage', 'Unlimited' package polices - although it must be noted Internet Service switching off can occur spontaneously. Intermittently. (Guerrilla warfare: switching an erratic Internet Services Provider for another could be a solution if all else fails!)  Smiley

Still in trouble? Then we are into the realms of the esoteric! Candles and Magik at the ready:  -rescan;  -salvagewallet, or whatever the appropriate terms are in HoboNickel-land! Personally, I've never had to use them!  Wink
kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 04:23:52 AM

this beta wallet works great!

sandpaper

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 03:20:34 AM

Is there an immediate need for someone to upgrade from 1.4 to 1.5?
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 04:33:02 AM

1.5 is not released yet. I am testing some of the hard fork changes. It should be ready soon. But right now, no, you can stay with what you have. If you want to try some of the new features that will be ready in 1.5, try out the beta version.

Arsenay

Activity: 204

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:28:07 PM

1.5 is not released yet. I am testing some of the hard fork changes. It should be ready soon. But right now, no, you can stay with what you have. If you want to try some of the new features that will be ready in 1.5, try out the beta version.

by the way
I would like to see the price in the tray selected values in the wallet
surprising that it is not in the standard features  Huh

good luck
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:49:11 PM

by the way

good luck

Sorry I do not understand. Can you reword that?

Arsenay

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 11:56:40 PM

by the way

good luck

Sorry I do not understand. Can you reword that?

for example:

and count the number of marked coins
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 03:39:57 AM

Ahh yes I see.  Selecting rows in the transaction page has no effect, but that is a great idea. For now you can use the various filters to get totals.

mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 04:36:47 AM

I would like to write a small simple program in VB that can query the HBN network to check for the current work difficulty. Is there an easy way to do that?

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 06:02:46 AM

I would like to write a small simple program in VB that can query the HBN network to check for the current work difficulty. Is there an easy way to do that?

If you are running the hbn deamon you can use the rpc command getdifficulty. Otherwise you could try the CCE api call http://www.cryptocoinexplorer.com/api

mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 12:56:53 PM

thanks trans that API is exactly what i was looking for.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
Arsenay

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 01:56:01 PM

If you are running the hbn deamon you can use the rpc command getdifficulty. Otherwise you could try the CCE api call http://www.cryptocoinexplorer.com/api

many need  crutches ))
for example:

1. cold start the daemon -> demon few minutes unresponsive rpc

2. no simple command - "staking work ?"
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 02:40:14 PM

many need  crutches ))
for example:

1. cold start the daemon -> demon few minutes unresponsive rpc

2. no simple command - "staking work ?"

The demon may take a few minutes to start up. But if you are using it for something all the time you wouldn't shut it down.

getdifficutly shows both.

09:39:46

getdifficulty

09:39:46

{
"proof-of-work" : 24.06406389,
"proof-of-stake" : 0.00390625,
"search-interval" : 0
}

Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: