Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:02:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] ⚡ ZEEX ⚡ ⚡ CRYPTO TO PRODUCT ⚡ NO FIAT, NO FEES ⚡  (Read 193750 times)
Richurd

Activity: 195
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:20:21 PM

I wana know if theres any competitors doin the same thing?? I looked and couldn't see anything simialr and def not with big partners already

everything depend of retailers... I think someone said Amazon or not?  Roll Eyes

I can see Amazon more as a partner than competition.

Amazon would definitely be a good partner with lots of brands.

Amazon definitely IS a good partner with lots of brands Grin Grin

Did Amazon already partner with ZEEX,because if it's true than that's amazing Cheesy
Zeek, our sister company, along with countless others are able to sell gift cards through our protocol. And yes Amazon is one the over 350 retailers that Zeek currently works with.
ZeexICO

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:47:32 AM

Is this something like a payment platform similar to PayPal, which is exclusively focusing on allowing crypto payments to obtain products?
We focus on enabling purchase of products and services with crypto by connecting virtual gift cards and cryptocurrencies, so that you can instantly exchange your ETH for Starbucks gift cards and buy your coffee without fiat or fees!

Ok but someone said it will be anonymous. Is that true and if yes, how are you going to deal with compliance issues as a payment provider? You can't get away from it because ultimately you want merchants to also be connected to the system right?
We absolutely want merchants connected to the system, but we don't have any compliance issues because we allow any merchant to sell to any person and vice versa, anyone can use the protocol.  Because of the anonymity and decentralized nature, the only way it can possibly work is for the users to responsibly report their own activity to the authorities.  Zeex simply doesn't have any information that it would need to report. 
Vladdirescu87

Activity: 966
Merit: 264

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:18:56 PM

Crypto to Product - No Fiat, No Fees

There’s a reason why none of the seemingly insurmountable roadblocks have stopped blockchain's advancement. Even in the face of public scrutiny, an initially poor reputation and severe volatility, cryptocurrency, the most popular use case for blockchain tech, remains a prized emerging phenomenon. This is partially a result of the unparalleled security that blockchain technology brings to transactions.

Distributed ledger technology provides a complete public record of all transactions, something that prevents lost funds and fraudulent transfers. Fiat currency does not provide this assurance, often at considerable cost to users. Even when used digitally, there is no public reference available to determine where money went – allowing many vectors for theft.

Read the details in the article of Coinidol dot com, the world blockchain news outlet: https://coinidol.com/crypto-to-product-no-fiat-no-fees/

Howard Roark

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:27:43 PM

Will I be able to say if I have a used giftcard still sell it to someone and how will that work?

We start on day one with enabling crypto to product and services. Corporate Currency to Crypto will be available from Q4/2018.You can find the roadmap on our website and white paper here  https://www.zeex.me/
Howard Roark

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:42:10 PM

There’s a reason why none of the seemingly insurmountable roadblocks have stopped blockchain's advancement. Even in the face of public scrutiny, an initially poor reputation and severe volatility, cryptocurrency, the most popular use case for blockchain tech, remains a prized emerging phenomenon. This is partially a result of the unparalleled security that blockchain technology brings to transactions.

Distributed ledger technology provides a complete public record of all transactions, something that prevents lost funds and fraudulent transfers. Fiat currency does not provide this assurance, often at considerable cost to users. Even when used digitally, there is no public reference available to determine where money went – allowing many vectors for theft.

Read the details in the article of Coinidol dot com, the world blockchain news outlet: https://coinidol.com/crypto-to-product-no-fiat-no-fees/

Excellent article Vlad, well worth a read, you make some interesting observations especially regarding the Wavecrest issues
Howard Roark

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:02:49 AM

Do vouchers have an expiry like traditional gift cards? That’s always been a downside to cards

Yes, Zeex protocol is allowing you to purchase traditional gift cards, which as we all know have an expiry date.

But Zeex protocol ultimately will allow gift card to crypto sales, think of it as a marketplace for gift cards
This is on our roadmap for Q4 2018.

Hm...Are you sure it's only gift cards? I thought it would be a direct coin for a product type of thing.

No, this is correct its just gift cards  Smiley
Howard Roark

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:10:29 AM

I wana know if theres any competitors doin the same thing?? I looked and couldn't see anything simialr and def not with big partners already

everything depend of retailers... I think someone said Amazon or not?  Roll Eyes

Did Amazon already partner with ZEEX,because if it's true than that's amazing Cheesy
Zeek, our sister company, along with countless others are able to sell gift cards through our protocol. And yes Amazon is one the over 350 retailers that Zeek currently works with.

So when zeex goes live we will be able to buy anything from amazon using zix tokens?

I think thats the main purpose of ZEEX,to enable easy no fee  shopping  from all major retailers.

that is correct, you pay with ZEEX and get best offer whiteout any fee

so no fee for purchase and can get lot of brand names?

Correct, Zeex will have around 350 brands, to begin with
Howard Roark

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:02:24 AM

everything depend of retailers... I think someone said Amazon or not?  Roll Eyes

So when zeex goes live we will be able to buy anything from amazon using zix tokens?

I think thats the main purpose of ZEEX,to enable easy no fee  shopping  from all major retailers.

That wiull be huge ,for easy start.When you expect to be fully released?

We will be live shortly after the end of the token sale. check out the roadmap here https://www.zeex.me/#roadmap We are one of the first crypto projects to actually have a fully fledged platform ready for the market.
Howard Roark

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:08:13 AM

I think thats the main purpose of ZEEX,to enable easy no fee  shopping  from all major retailers.

With brands you mean retail companies,right?

Yes you are correct  Smiley
ZeexICO

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:54:30 AM

https://coinidol.com/upload/resize_cache/iblock/7a1/900_900_1/7a1eaedadc7a3f93e13938ebf03cf541.jpg
. Great article, thanks for sharing!
Howard Roark

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:24:07 PM

I think thats the main purpose of ZEEX,to enable easy no fee  shopping  from all major retailers.

With brands you mean retail companies,right?

Yes you are correct  Smiley

does anyone know which brand will be in start?

A few are listed on the website https://www.zeex.me/ if you check out the sister site it will give you some idea https://www.zeek.me/
Howard Roark

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:58:42 PM

Do vouchers have an expiry like traditional gift cards? That’s always been a downside to cards

Yes, Zeex protocol is allowing you to purchase traditional gift cards, which as we all know have an expiry date.

But Zeex protocol ultimately will allow gift card to crypto sales, think of it as a marketplace for gift cards

Hm...Are you sure it's only gift cards? I thought it would be a direct coin for a product type of thing.

No, this is correct its just gift cards  Smiley

what happens after expiry date?

All gift cards have expiry dates if the user doesn't use it by expiry it is down to them, the same as if they purchased it from any other gift card retailer.
the_oblivion

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:02:29 PM

Hey guys, I am working in a big online store and I have some questions related to your platform. Based on my experience with online stores I know that the fees from credit cards are around 3%. The main taxes are coming from the actual platforms. (correct me if I am wrong). Fast search in google shows me that Amazon takes 14% commissions (including bank taxes). So my point of view is platforms like Amazon are the actual problem, not the credit cards. (3% compared with 11%).
How are you going to handle this?
Howard Roark

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:23:33 PM

Hey guys, I am working in a big online store and I have some questions related to your platform. Based on my experience with online stores I know that the fees from credit cards are around 3%. The main taxes are coming from the actual platforms. (correct me if I am wrong). Fast search in google shows me that Amazon takes 14% commissions (including bank taxes). So my point of view is platforms like Amazon are the actual problem, not the credit cards. (3% compared with 11%).
How are you going to handle this?

This is exactly the sort of problem that Zeex will solve with Zeex you can quickly and easily convert your crypto to products, with no fiat and no fees.

Check out these Medium Articles for an expansion of this

https://medium.com/the-zeex-protocol/the-transactional-friction-problem-3a3bad7272e2

https://medium.com/the-zeex-protocol/why-does-zeex-need-zix-8ad243aaae60
ryecrypto

Activity: 55

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:38:06 PM

How does zeex solve the frictional problem in crypto and liquidity?

The Zeex protocol will allow you to convert crypto directly to products and services with no fiat and no fees by exchanging cryptocurrency for virtual gift cards, or what we call corporate currencies.  The ZIX token will be part of the Bancor liquidity network. 

Please see Medium Article, "The Transactional Friction Problem"
https://medium.com/the-zeex-protocol/the-transactional-friction-problem-3a3bad7272e2
ryecrypto

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:55:08 PM

Maybe zeex aims at removing those 3% that credit cards companies take? As I'm not sure what can be done for Amazon share.

But they will charge a fee, won't they?

As a user, the only fees you will experience are network fees related to the execution of the smart contract (aka gas), Zeex itself does not charge any fee for conversion.  Shocked

For more, see Medium Article:
"Zeex — Crypto to Products — no Fiat, no Fees!"  Cool
https://medium.com/the-zeex-protocol/zeex-crypto-to-product-no-fiat-no-fees-872602f1faa3
ryecrypto

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:41:18 PM

If there’s no mining, how is verification done?

It's done within the smart contract.  Smart contracts only have two possible outcomes: everything went OK, or something went wrong.  If everything went OK, no need for further verification.  If something went wrong, everything goes back to square one and no transaction is sent.  Either way there's no need to mine.   Smiley

YanivBLIL

Activity: 69

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:51:16 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2018, 02:59:09 AM by YanivBLIL

No, this is correct its just gift cards  Smiley

what happens after expiry date?

All gift cards have expiry dates if the user doesn't use it by expiry it is down to them, the same as if they purchased it from any other gift card retailer.

How much time will we have to use the gift cards before they expire?

This will vary based on the gift card. Most gift cards have expirations that range from several months to years (and sometimes indefinite). Dates will be stated clearly before the gift card is purchased. We will also not allow gift cards that are about to expire unless they are sold at a discount and stated as such   Grin
YanivBLIL

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:57:54 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2018, 02:58:56 AM by YanivBLIL

Why does Zeex have its own token? Why not just use Ether or Bitcoin?

Great question! The ZIX token serves several important purposes, without which our protocol could not function:  
 - ZIX acts as a login to the system, allowing users to buy and sell corporate currencies (gift cards).  
 - ZIX can of course be used as a payment, but it can also be used to reserve various amounts of high demand corporate currencies, so you can be sure that you get some of it. For example, if there's an awesome discount like 20% off Amazon gift cards, you might wanna reserve that! The more ZIX you own, the more priority you get for these high demand offers.
 - ZIX also acts as a deposit within the smart contract to prevent fraud or double spending.

Check out our medium article for more info: https://medium.com/the-zeex-protocol/why-does-zeex-need-zix-8ad243aaae60
YanivBLIL

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:06:51 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2018, 02:58:11 AM by YanivBLIL

Do you plan to have masternodes by any chance?

Great question!! No masternodes at this stage, but it is something that we will definitely consider later on  Cheesy Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: