Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:27:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico  (Read 446020 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
m33
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Never invest with borrowed coins

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 08:34:55 AM

Hey guys I have a quick question about coin weight. Does a coin weight stay at 0 until 30 days? All of my coins less than 30 days old have a coin weight of zero. I am wondering if that is correct.

yes

at what pos diff than will get high return , thundertoe?

i don't know

ok thanks , thundertoe , where can i find the formula , as to how 500% or 40% was reached?

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

YOUR DIGITAL PRECIOUS METAL 
PoSP | BNP Masternodes | 65 Second block time
Bullion MarketPlace

Cryptopia | NovaExchange |
Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wence1975

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 09:28:45 AM

I deposited 228.1 TEK in my wallet on June 30th and haven't touched it since.  I just installed the new wallet (v2.0.1.0) and it only took a few minutes to sync.  A few minutes later I got my stake!  My pathetic, measly stake.  It was 80.8 TEK.  That is 35% after 60 days.  Less than a third of the advertised return.  40% compounded twice would be 96% or nearly 219 TEK.  What is up?  Should I be waiting for another stake?  The second 30 days worth?  I realise it won't always be exactly 40% but this is crazy low.  My plan was to go spend my tax return on TEK tomorrow morning but now I don't know.  I paid 78k for my TEK and now the stake has dropped to 15%.  It's killing me and my wife will to.

Thanks.

As far I know U can't expect 80% interest in  this case.
Cause once your matured coins pass stacking process they resets weights,so they need another 30 days

sorry for my english
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 10:17:46 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2014, 10:33:14 AM by David Latapie

PoS diff is dropping like a rock, im coin controlling my coins out away from fork day, If everyone matures and mints again without doing this next month, possibly the PoS diff will climb again and cut payments, also you will mint right with everyone and probably during the months downswing.
So my plan is it divide my total tek into 15+(still trying to decide how many) stacks and coin control one out each day. So in theory next month my stake will be spread out again and hopefully i can hit a higher payment %. I personally prefer a steady stake income as then i can trade some anytime i want without dipping into aged coins.

So, should I stake now for a relatively low reward, or wait one more month for a full reward?
In any case, once I staked, I will use the HYP method of spreading my stakes. Probably 30 blocks, one per day. Granted, it also mean I will not stake as often as I would like to, since lower block = longer time to stake.

Edit: I massively updated the fixing tutorial with all your additions. Take a look.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
m33
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 10:32:59 AM

PoS diff is dropping like a rock, im coin controlling my coins out away from fork day, If everyone matures and mints again without doing this next month, possibly the PoS diff will climb again and cut payments, also you will mint right with everyone and probably during the months downswing.
So my plan is it divide my total tek into 15+(still trying to decide how many) stacks and coin control one out each day. So in theory next month my stake will be spread out again and hopefully i can hit a higher payment %. I personally prefer a steady stake income as then i can trade some anytime i want without dipping into aged coins.

So, should I stake now for a relatively low reward, or wait one more month for a full reward?
In any case, once I staked, I will use the HYP method of spreading my stakes. Probably 30 blocks, one per day. Granted, it also mean I will not stake as often as I would like to, since lower block = longer time to stake.

Edit: I massively updated the fixing tutorial with all your additions. Take a look.

what is hyp method? please explain

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Bullion MarketPlace

Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 10:39:20 AM

Spreading you blocks instead of having large blocks.
This can be done with any coins, as Thundertoe mentions he will do for his TEK, but in HYP (and CAP and soon HBN), there is an actual economic incentive to do it, called the max_subsidy (a cap on reward, that encourages you not to have too large blocks, since you would not get maximum reward with too large of a block). Max_subsidy helps securing the network because in order to have max reward, people must spread their block, which means more time staking, thus more time securing. Additionally, it also helps controlling inflation, because spreading the blocks means less coumpounding interest (APR interest is untouched). That's why, even with 750 % interest rate, HYP should still have a lower coumpounded interest rate than TEK (or at least, lower than expected with a TEK-formula - I did not bother to the the math to find out the actual coumpounded interest rate for HYP). More accurately, the coumpounded interest for HYP is 97425% (yeah) but only for small amounts that would not give 1000 HYP per block at the end of the year. So my understanding is that the more HYP you have, the less HYP you get. Of course, you get around this by having several wallets running (now is the moment where presstab should come and shout "David, this is the tenth time I'm telling you you have it wrong!")
So, the term "HYP method" is a bit of a misnomer Smiley Better say "HYP habit".

New question: If I want to create 30 blocks of 100 TEK, one staking everyday, could I just send 100 TEK to myself once everyday, without even using the coin control window (since low priority coins are automatically selected)?

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
vancefox
Legendary

Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 10:43:59 AM

You want to use coin control so you use the entire block.  Creating change will create headaches (think thirty .0001tek deposits).  Just open coin control and send your ~100tek to yourself... but don't create change.  Send the entire block amount to yourself.

That's my opinion and everyone else can share theirs...

Spreading you blocks instead of having large blocks. This can be done with any coins, as Thundertoe mentions he will do for his TEK, but in HYP (and CAP and soon HBN), there is an actual economic incentive to do it, called the max_subsidy (a cap on reward, that encourages you not to have too large blocks, since you would not get maximum reward with too large of a block). Max_subsidy helps securing the network because in order to have max reward, people must spread their block, which means more time staking, thus more time securing. Additionally, it also helps controlling inflation, because spreading the blocks means less coumpounding interest (APR interest is untouched). That's why, even with 750 % interest rate, HYP should still have a lower coumpounded interest rate than TEK (or at least, lower than expected with a TEK-formula - I did not bother to the the math to find out the actual coumpounded interest rate for HYP).
So, the term "HYP method" is a bit of a misnomer Smiley Better say "HYP habit".

New question: If I want to create 30 blocks of 100 TEK, one staking everyday, could I just send 100 TEK to myself once everyday, without even using the coin control window (since low priority coins are automatically selected)?

This space not for rent...
m33
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 10:48:26 AM

so we have to change from conntect to addnode in conf?  thanks for quick answer , david . what is best amount of tek per block?

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Bullion MarketPlace

Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 10:51:29 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2014, 11:03:58 AM by David Latapie

You want to use coin control so you use the entire block.  Creating change will create headaches (think thirty .0001tek deposits).  Just open coin control and send your ~100tek to yourself... but don't create change.  Send the entire block amount to yourself.

That's my opinion and everyone else can share theirs...
My blocks are much bigger than 100 TEK, so I could reach the level of atomicity I need. I prefer to ultimately merge all the tiny deposits into one block by manually selecting them later in coin control (I already did it).

so we have to change from conntect to addnode in conf?  thanks for quick answer , david . what is best amount of tek per block?
Yes, if you are on the right chain (check my tutorial for instructions), you can change connect to addnode.

There is no "best amount of TEK", because TEK doesn't implement max_subsidy - one huge block or 30 small ones is the same for TEK.
Now, if you want to better secure the network and at the same time benefitting from the psychological comfort of earning money every day, just divide you total amount of TEK by 30 and every day during one month, you will send to yourself 1/30 of your stash (yes, this is tedious, I'm not sure I will have the discipline to do it myself).
Say you have 300 TEK
Day 1, you send 10 TEK to yourself
Day 2, you send 10 more TEK to yourself
Day 3, same thing
and so on
Every time you will send TEK to yourself, you will reset the coin age of this TEK so you will end up with TEK maturing every day, starting from D1+30.

Four things to consider:
- tiny fees (you will merge them later on)
- coin control works by block, not coin, if I understood correctly. So you might very well end up reset more than 10 TEK or coinage every day and thus earn less than expected the first month (next month, it should be OK)
- after the first month, you will have more than 30 blocks, because blocks get divided to stake, so you will end up with, maybe, 45 or 60 block pretty soon. This is not much of an issue, still, because you will get stake every day and secure the network even more (at the cost of staking less often and possibly a bit lower compounded interest.
- you will encounter dust issue faster, so maintenance will have to be done more often. We are working on a workaround on HYP, that could probably easily be added to TEK later.

All of this under presstab's control of course. He is the coder, I am "just" the brainstormer and the mouth.

m33
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 11:09:02 AM

10 tek can stake ? blackcoin cant stake with 500++, sry i new to pos . was pow only b4

current on hyp , sav , bcx , bc ,tek , silk . just started will start a blog on POS COIN SOON .after i have more data

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Bullion MarketPlace

Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
vancefox
Legendary

Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 11:20:28 AM

1 tek can stake... but it'll take a very long time to get enough weight to do so...

10 tek can stake ? blackcoin cant stake with 500++, sry i new to pos . was pow only b4

current on hyp , sav , bcx , bc ,tek , silk . just started will start a blog on POS COIN SOON .after i have more data

This space not for rent...
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 11:37:18 AM

BC is low-PoS, HYP is high-PoS. despite both being pure PoS, the economics are really different. In low-PoS, interest is just a gimmick, whilst in high-PoS, it is central. I'd say it would be unfair to compare the two.

Feel free to ask questions; we'd love to have more visibility (although Poloniex gave us a lot already). We are here to explore the dynamics of the High-PoS system. In my opinion, high-PoS calls for a different world-view than PoW and low-PoS, including when it comes to merchant adoption.

CrazyLoaf

Activity: 763
Merit: 534

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 11:41:50 AM

184.70.128.86 , redirect outbound port 8.  Best explainz yo self.

Change your crappy media host, it's 5 bucks a month to run a website, just host it and I better not get crap malware with TEKcoin exe again.  Research developers.  And add some sort of feature, security wise, with this whole idea of unlocking a wallet to mint.

I don't mind unlocking it to mint, but there needs to be a safeguard against sending transactions, because even some script kiddie could exploit that imho.

Bump. What's up with this?
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 11:42:20 AM

I deposited 228.1 TEK in my wallet on June 30th and haven't touched it since.  I just installed the new wallet (v2.0.1.0) and it only took a few minutes to sync.  A few minutes later I got my stake!  My pathetic, measly stake.  It was 80.8 TEK.  That is 35% after 60 days.  Less than a third of the advertised return.  40% compounded twice would be 96% or nearly 219 TEK.  What is up?  Should I be waiting for another stake?  The second 30 days worth?  I realise it won't always be exactly 40% but this is crazy low.  My plan was to go spend my tax return on TEK tomorrow morning but now I don't know.  I paid 78k for my TEK and now the stake has dropped to 15%.  It's killing me and my wife will to.

Thanks.

As far I know U can't expect 80% interest in  this case.
Cause once your matured coins pass stacking process they resets weights,so they need another 30 days
Min age 30 days. Max age 90 days. That means that you need at least 30 days to stake and if you don't stake after 30 days (because there is too much competition/you weight is not big enough) you still gain more weight for 60 extra days. If after these extra days (and thus you tripled you weight), you still don't stake, you don't get more weight (and probably you won't stake this block ever, but one might get lucky and get a window of opportunity with low competition).

In any case, not 80%. Never Smiley

Alex_Koekie

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 01:49:54 PM

Some stuff on my mind:

1. We should change our .conf from connect to addnote, do we change listen=0 to listen=1 as well?
2. What does it do actually (the listen command), accept incoming connections?
3. I'm currently at block 511961 - blockhash 92c5ee5b968e0810373fc346f7dde4a2735db0d72c8a47dffa3d7a928bdecfda , is this the right chain?
4. If 3 is yes, the blockexplorer http://tek.blockx.info/get/chain/TekCoin is still on wrong chain right?

Greetz, Alex_Koekie
helipotte

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

Pick and place? I need more coffee.

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:17:34 PM

This might have been covered before but here goes...

My client is VERY slow, maxes out the CPU cores it uses and is generally unusable.  I have over 11,000 transactions and know the slowness has to do with POS.

Anything I can do to fix this?  I have the newest client (2.0.1 with new GUI) running on a machine with an SSD and an Amd FX8150/8Gb of memory. I have redownloaded

the entire block chain using suggestions in this thread.  Client stakes/has correct block chain but freezes and has to be forced down. Tongue
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:24:00 PM

This might have been covered before but here goes...

My client is VERY slow, maxes out the CPU cores it uses and is generally unusable.  I have over 11,000 transactions and know the slowness has to do with POS.

Anything I can do to fix this?  I have the newest client (2.0.1 with new GUI) running on a machine with an SSD and an Amd FX8150/8Gb of memory. I have redownloaded

the entire block chain using suggestions in this thread.  Client stakes/has correct block chain but freezes and has to be forced down. Tongue

coin control over into a new wallet.
helipotte

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

Pick and place? I need more coffee.

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:42:12 PM

Thanks for the info kind sir but how do you do this?  Have the details of how to do this been discussed before.  Do you send coins with low/0 weight to another address?
Dexpla

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 03:03:28 PM

Is there a way to get rid of the orphans? I did ask before but perhaps nobody knows
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 03:06:46 PM

Thanks for the info kind sir but how do you do this?  Have the details of how to do this been discussed before.  Do you send coins with low/0 weight to another address?

the way i did it was after coins staked, take all the fresh coins coin control them into to a new wallet
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 03:09:05 PM

Is there a way to get rid of the orphans? I did ask before but perhaps nobody knows

backup your wallet.dat first

run the --salvagewallet from command line,   shift and right click in the blank area f the tekcoin folder, select open command line here and type tekcoin-qt.exe --salvagewallet  it will  remove the old orphan tx's
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: