Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:16:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥🔥🔥 [ANN][ICO] BITFENCE - REMOVE HACKERS FROM YOUR NETWORK  (Read 29994 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
phantam

Activity: 546
Merit: 106

Bountyhive.io

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 11:28:56 AM

I do agree with you on that, having something tangible do something as magnificent as that can be eye catching and that's the focus of the new coming technological age, no one wants to implement or use something bulky, no matter how great the product is, if is bulky, the sales will be low compared to a product with a small size, i'm glad the product development team of BITFENCE kept that in mind during development

it's because it's not an actual miner, like an ASIC.  From my understanding you are not confirming transactions on the blockchain, you 'mine' a reward everytime it reports a 'hackers' activity to the main network.

Let me get this straight and i'm sure some people in the community will like to get clarification on that, so what this means is, if a network was attacked by a hacker, is it BITFENCE that will automatically flag the hacker's IP as bad or will the report be done by the individual and secondly, will the sting miner do the mining automatically or does it need to be authenticated first by BITFENCE before the mining can be done?

I had similar questions I’ve flipped through the whitepaper but it’s quite a complex project so I think more videos and documentation simplifying and explaining how things like this will work could go quite far with assuring peole

Yea, i think a detailed response to this will go a long way but from my view if such report is to be done by the community, it should first be authenticated by the BITFENCE team before commencing the necessary steps, such process will ensure credibility to the network and stop the process of false reports, even though the project is a decentralized one, is best to also keep the community in check too

Wow that sting miner device looks very small. Is this for home office or can used for big offices as well. And this device will catch hackers?

I think you can use sting miners everywhere, but for big companies you will need more to secure the network. I like the idea to go in public networks like an airport or railway station and mine a lot of hackers.

Its really good idea. There are lot of hackers attacking airports and train station. It will be good demo also, if this device managed to catch good amount of hackers then people will jump to buy this one.

It doesn't quite work like that, doesn't matter what location you were in, hackers work remotely and externally majority of the time. you would be waiting for hackers to come in via the networks external address. It would be most effective leaving the miner to run 24/7 resulting in the most profits

Ya i dont get the idea of restricting it to only mine like that, 24/7 mining would be pretty much the only way to assure ROI eventually, without relying on a outside influence to even mine, that would not make sense to me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ace44

Activity: 672
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:52:58 AM

I have checked the Bitfence Twitter and found a post and a picture of a sting miner. It looks very small and will protect you from hackers while earning crypto. I want this tiny sting miner now.
https://twitter.com/BitFence_/status/994395208967249920

This is awesome to see, I'm glad the team have published and given us a insight as to what this miner actually looks like. I can't wait for the release, I myself; will most definitely be getting one.
I'm in love with this Stingminer. I like the fact it's small and not a huge bulky miner. Slick design and easy to mount or place anywhere in the house.

That was something which attracted me, the size of it is fantastic. Similar to a Raspberry Pi; easily can disclose it in a hidden location. Also the fact you can still mine on it from such a small system and generate some tokens is fantastic. Great workj

I do agree with you on that, having something tangible do something as magnificent as that can be eye catching and that's the focus of the new coming technological age, no one wants to implement or use something bulky, no matter how great the product is, if is bulky, the sales will be low compared to a product with a small size, i'm glad the product development team of BITFENCE kept that in mind during development

it's because it's not an actual miner, like an ASIC.  From my understanding you are not confirming transactions on the blockchain, you 'mine' a reward everytime it reports a 'hackers' activity to the main network.

Let me get this straight and i'm sure some people in the community will like to get clarification on that, so what this means is, if a network was attacked by a hacker, is it BITFENCE that will automatically flag the hacker's IP as bad or will the report be done by the individual and secondly, will the sting miner do the mining automatically or does it need to be authenticated first by BITFENCE before the mining can be done?

I had similar questions I’ve flipped through the whitepaper but it’s quite a complex project so I think more videos and documentation simplifying and explaining how things like this will work could go quite far with assuring peole

Yea, i think a detailed response to this will go a long way but from my view if such report is to be done by the community, it should first be authenticated by the BITFENCE team before commencing the necessary steps, such process will ensure credibility to the network and stop the process of false reports, even though the project is a decentralized one, is best to also keep the community in check too

Wow that sting miner device looks very small. Is this for home office or can used for big offices as well. And this device will catch hackers?

I think you can use sting miners everywhere, but for big companies you will need more to secure the network. I like the idea to go in public networks like an airport or railway station and mine a lot of hackers.

Yes, i believe that every investors, whether big or small will be given the product according to their preferences, when it comes to them been implemented by a public system, that must be when they must have gotten a lot of positive reviews that will attract big companies and even government parastatals, i really hope to see them achieve that level
phantam

Activity: 546
Merit: 106

Bountyhive.io

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 01:08:52 PM

Yes, i believe that every investors, whether big or small will be given the product according to their preferences, when it comes to them been implemented by a public system, that must be when they must have gotten a lot of positive reviews that will attract big companies and even government parastatals, i really hope to see them achieve that level

Im pretty sure the device they pictured is a mockup, for them to test the software on, remember every company has different requirements, some may require multi-port devices etc, so i'd imagine the team would have a plan to test and then develop larger boxes, in the end they just have to get it working on ARM (raspberry pi) and then they can port that work over to other ARM boards.
ai5998865

Activity: 216
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:20:34 PM

The development team is really great . It is clear that people are interested in development and think about the future of their project . Thank you for such a well thought-out company!
faulerwilli

Activity: 980
Merit: 140

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:31:01 PM

What is it like when a hacker realizes that he is attacking a Bitfence honey pot and somehow bypasses it? Can he then move freely in the Bitfence network?
ibininja

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:46:26 PM

I read on the Bitfence site that you can pay with ETH, BTC, LTC, DASH in order to get coins, but if you pay with LTC will you get the coins also immediately or is that only if you pay with ETH ?

Good question I don’t see why it would be different between the various coins I’d imagine they would just rely on transaction confirmations before issuing the new tokens

I think since Bitfence is using the ethereum network then it's only normal to get a faster confirmation and Token issuing since it's still within same infrastructure, however I can't really establish the condition for ltc

What do you mean when you said you can't figure the condition behind ltc? does it have a special condition to contributing. At anycase it is easier to trade to eth and invest in eth. or what am I missing in all of this?

Owillz

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:48:14 PM

Yesterday evening when I visited website I found 597+ ETH raised yet. What I seen today, 615+ ETH raised yet Shocked. I am sure they will achieve their MAIN SALE also in minimum time.
They have raised a lot of ethereum already and the amount keeps increasing. I think that this project will be very popular if they continue to grow at this rate.

The sale has been going quite well; the community is also starting to show attention to it. I think the last video of crypto for the people (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb6_L1WwjIk) made a good impact currently at 1600+ views.

1600+ views and counting on YouTube means it has got a lot views in other social media which equally means the project has a lot of exposures as well adding up both qualitatively and quantitatively as per investors, I like project like this Cool

THis is pretty good for such a new project like BitFence, it goes to show the advertising they are doing is helping and need to keep pushing on the marketing and advertising to show how the potential of this project. 688ETH raised so far

Oh nice they're upto 688 now? Looks like they're getting something like 20 ETH a day in investments, about $500k so far then (As the market crashed a little this morning)

20 ETH a day are not bad, but it is still a long way to the next goal of 2000 ETH. A few big investors would not be bad now

Regarding small crash this morning, do you have any idea why this happened today?

If they should Keep up with that number say for an average, that means it will take them 200 days to meet up with the required 2000 ETH goal. And that's a lot of days if you ask me
RyCriptoC

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 02:26:04 PM

I have checked the Bitfence Twitter and found a post and a picture of a sting miner. It looks very small and will protect you from hackers while earning crypto. I want this tiny sting miner now.

This is awesome to see, I'm glad the team have published and given us a insight as to what this miner actually looks like. I can't wait for the release, I myself; will most definitely be getting one.
I'm in love with this Stingminer. I like the fact it's small and not a huge bulky miner. Slick design and easy to mount or place anywhere in the house.

That was something which attracted me, the size of it is fantastic. Similar to a Raspberry Pi; easily can disclose it in a hidden location. Also the fact you can still mine on it from such a small system and generate some tokens is fantastic. Great workj

So this device need to connected before firewall or after firewall device? Will it be able to pass the huge amount of internet data through it ?
Stephanie2608

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:04:12 PM

Great project with solid team background composition. Hoping for your miner in desktop is friendly to both x32 bit and X64 bit system. So excited to try this. Goodluck team.! to the moon!
gee777

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 04:21:13 PM

it's because it's not an actual miner, like an ASIC.  From my understanding you are not confirming transactions on the blockchain, you 'mine' a reward everytime it reports a 'hackers' activity to the main network.

Its really good idea. There are lot of hackers attacking airports and train station. It will be good demo also, if this device managed to catch good amount of hackers then people will jump to buy this one.
Finally a picture of the sting miners, is a little bit smaller than what I was expecting though, I think a demonstration and video will guide us on how this device works will be helpful. Just my input!!

There must be a video on how to use the sting miner since a lot of users will want to be part of this project.. This is a fun project, just like playing games but to get hacker's.
Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:05:27 PM

So this device need to connected before firewall or after firewall device? Will it be able to pass the huge amount of internet data through it ?

It's not a web gateway, so isn't designed to be inline.  It essentially sits inside your network and will detect any malicious activity. 
jamzzz123

Activity: 350
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:10:04 PM

It's not a web gateway, so isn't designed to be inline.  It essentially sits inside your network and will detect any malicious activity. 

Exactly, almost like a proxy setup, wont require pass through of traffic and hence the "honeypot" will basically host a vulnerable target which collects vital information
Ace44

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:49:59 PM

Im pretty sure the device they pictured is a mockup, for them to test the software on, remember every company has different requirements, some may require multi-port devices etc, so i'd imagine the team would have a plan to test and then develop larger boxes, in the end they just have to get it working on ARM (raspberry pi) and then they can port that work over to other ARM boards.

You're right, that was why i talked about preferences on the part of users, is a sure thing that specificity will come in due time, that is the major reason why the initial launch should be a winner, as such scenario in this project triggers the impact that will beckon on investors, industries want this, governmental organizations will be willing to even fund such to their spec, BITFENCE just need to give them the reason why they should, is a good project
nesh1

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:13:52 PM

What is it like when a hacker realizes that he is attacking a Bitfence honey pot and somehow bypasses it? Can he then move freely in the Bitfence network?
I do not think it works like that he is not in the Bitfence network he is only in the honeypot and trying to hack that.
rathaha10

Activity: 616
Merit: 108

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:41:11 PM

I read on the Bitfence site that you can pay with ETH, BTC, LTC, DASH in order to get coins, but if you pay with LTC will you get the coins also immediately or is that only if you pay with ETH ?

Good question I don’t see why it would be different between the various coins I’d imagine they would just rely on transaction confirmations before issuing the new tokens

I think since Bitfence is using the ethereum network then it's only normal to get a faster confirmation and Token issuing since it's still within same infrastructure, however I can't really establish the condition for ltc

I know some other projects that also pay nearly instantly when you pay with ETH, and they also use Ethereum network. It would be awesome if it also worked with the other payment coins.

Abah007

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:50:22 PM

BitFence is creating hacker-proof solution for businesses and end-users with blockchain, The project is promising, the team is experienced.
Zombie259

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:38:16 PM

I know some other projects that also pay nearly instantly when you pay with ETH, and they also use Ethereum network. It would be awesome if it also worked with the other payment coins.

If you pay with ETH, the Token can besend instantly, because it is the same address for the ERC20 Token. It is more difficult with other currencies, they need to verify the payment first, before you receive the Token on your ETH wallet.
Owillz

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:47:46 PM

Great project with solid team background composition. Hoping for your miner in desktop is friendly to both x32 bit and X64 bit system. So excited to try this. Goodluck team.! to the moon!

It should be very friendly to at least the 32bit OS version if not all. Since, the 64bit can efficiently run the 32bit apps. Also I think there are more of windows users than Mac OS users thus they just have to make sure the guys their best on windows.
iphy6013

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:40:28 PM

I do not think it works like that he is not in the Bitfence network he is only in the honeypot and trying to hack that.

True, i once read Bitfence will allow hackers attack the honey pot which is totally separate from Bitfence network. With what the team intends to develop i highly doubt hackers stand a chance in bypassing Bitfence network.
Nathan01

Activity: 728

DocTailor IEO on Zloadr

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 09:49:33 PM

it's because it's not an actual miner, like an ASIC.  From my understanding you are not confirming transactions on the blockchain, you 'mine' a reward everytime it reports a 'hackers' activity to the main network.

Finally a picture of the sting miners, is a little bit smaller than what I was expecting though, I think a demonstration and video will guide us on how this device works will be helpful. Just my input!!

There is a gif in the telegram group that demonstrates how the sting Miner works, the admin uses them from time to time

Group link @bitfence

( M P C X )  Revolution
▬▬ • • •  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/]DOCTailor  ✂️  Unique self-customizing smart legal contract platform[/url]  • • • ▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬   [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2893424.0]ANN[/url]  [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2887286.msg29675034#msg29675034]Bounty[/url]  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/whitepaper-en.pdf]Whitepaper[/url]  ▬▬  [url=https://join.slack.com/t/doctailor/shared_invite/enQtMzA1Mzg4NjM2NTYyLTBmNzE4OWUzMGIzMmYzNzAwMTBiMWI3ZDQ3NmFlZDdkMmY4MDRlMDQ5MDdhZmRmMDdjYTNkMGQ0ZDA0ZTI5MGY%5D%5Bcolor=teal%5DSlack%5B/url%5D%7C]Slack[/url]  [url=https://www.facebook.com/DocumentTailor-259834644548573]Facebook[/url]  [url=https://twitter.com/documenttailor]Twitter[/url]  [url=https://t.me/joinchat/GZaHXQ-Bbr7xnrNmjX4zIA]Telegram[/url]  [url=https://www.linkedin.com/company/doctailor/]Linkedin[/url]   ▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/#termsSection]Click for PRE-SALE  ▬▬▬  IEO: Jul 20th[/url]   ▐▐
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: