Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:24:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin  (Read 4366 times)
dodz031718

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 12:46:36 AM

Stealing or criminalism would still persist.Terrorism and other illegal activities were still on record because we now associate every bad act to the advent of cryptos. I believe bitcoin have nothing to do with criminals.In the world of the Internet there's a hacker so in my country the government does not allow bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hans17

Activity: 390
Merit: 157

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:28:15 AM

Hello everyone, in Russia you can now buy drugs for crypto currency. I think it's not very good. As it is necessary to fight this

This is the link that i've gathered to according to your post though , but then again even fiat can use to some illegal transaction right , if you given a money you either bought a bread or drugs right? also the same as the cyrpto currency.

https://www.deepdotweb.com/2014/12/18/russia-emerging-black-market-bitcoin/

[

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
EvieeHist

Activity: 66

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:41:23 AM

I think the crime in the misuse of bitcoin transactions is very difficult to detect early, in contrast to using other means, but at least the police can work with the bank on monitoring the flow of funds to where it will go. I think blockchain or bitcoin technology is the same as any other public facility, everyone has two possibilities in its use between good and evil. every criminal will continue to look for opportunities in narrow. at least we use trusted safeguards on accounts and assets we have from evil deeds or acts of break-ins.
Tipsters

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:49:29 AM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
I agree to you. Police have hired their own hackers so that they can trace the movement of the evil people. This is done in companies also because they need to defend personal assets and data from the assault of hackers. The society is really the problem here because we abuse the capabilities of everything ever invented. Even if it is built for the greater good, bad people will always find a way to use it for the greater evil.
putrii

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:55:38 AM

in my opinion bitcoin is a free currency if bitcoin is used for criminal actions it seems that it is just a user error because it uses bitcoin for crime. but nobody can ban the use of bitcoin for anything because bitcoin is a free digital currency.
shamzblueworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 03:58:35 AM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
Well, criminals have been using money and banks since their invention too, that didn't make people consider stopping their use, so why target bitcoin or crypto only.
And bitcoin is not actually completely anonymous, the big companies(investigative) can actually track transactions back to their sources for sure.
SellBuyAcc

Activity: 61

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:08:21 AM

In my own opinion.

This might be one of the reasons of the government or state to implement the bitcoin freely in one country.
And due to its being decentralized it is really hard to track one transaction to another.
So people who are really in crime and have any idea of bitcoin uses it to transact fast without fear of being caught by the authority.
badakjawa

Activity: 336
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 04:13:34 AM

this is the most difficult thing, because the using of bitcoin depends on each individual, and that make we worry is when bitcoin is held by a criminal hand. he will use bitcoin for crime. the effect is the name of bitcoin become bad in the eyes of the world.

there is no other solution unless we must to force the world to accept bitcoin, so the world can manage bitcoin well, and also we as a bitcoin user should stop and cover FUD and also spread the benefits of bitcoin to the public.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
isidrorex

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:27:21 AM

Here in our country in the Philippines,  there was this recent news about this Bitcoin Scam where a group of scammers will offer you to invest money to them and then after 16 days you will get plus half of the money you invested. It was called the NewG Company headed by a certain Arnel Ordonio and his wife, Leonady. They made NewG Company and promoted Bitcoin as their form of payment to lure their victims which are mostly rich people who wants to earn double amount of money they invested. How much money did they get from scamming people? 900 Million Pesos. That is a very huge money here in the Philippines. Luckily, they were arrested and now detained in Camp Crame, Quezon City. Their investment scheme was very similar to a pyramiding scheme wherein there was an upline, or the one who asks people to invest, and a downline, the one who invests. The director said investors had the option to invest P90,000 and P160,000 per slot. For more information, just Google it and know more what I just talk about. Be vigilant and be secure about our money.
fern123

Activity: 94
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:56:31 AM

About criminals and bitcoin, i guess it can't be avoided that there are people trying to abuse the use of bitcoin in a different way. We all know that there are negative effect of bitcoin and of course there are may more positive way to use it. Also it would be hard to stop the criminality in bitcoin because it is a digital currency and everyone are able to access it as long as you have internet connection.

✪GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain✪  
◉ http://gowithmi.com/◎☛https://twitter.com/GoWithMi_GL☚◎https://t.me/gowithmi_en ◉
karloscimot

Activity: 518
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:00:24 AM

if in my opinion many criminals are hunting bitcon. because it has been tracked and we can not report to the authorities (police). my friend yesterday just lost his assets of 63 bitcon.

[ S E S S I A ] NEW GENERATION SOCIAL NETWORK
twitter    ◾ telegram     (❪  W H I T E P A P E R  ❫)
GET APP  ❱❱❱  ► Google Play   ► App Store
btc78

Activity: 2492
Merit: 212

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:25:46 AM

before internet,illegal activities are there,before bitcoin has created criminals are there to make hassled the world,so this society will exist with bad elements what ever what happens..they will do their actions in all matters just to sustain the work of their own to take advantage of the weaknesses of others and this is how they live.no one can change that

redhorsebeer1980

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:51:49 AM

I believe bitcoin have nothing to do with criminals.Criminality and illegal trade should be distinguished from bitcoins.I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin.
jchav010101

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:02:35 AM

Governments will not allow a decentralized currency and they cannot control. And the authorities can not just bluntly ban bitcoin.That's why they use this excuse to get rid of bitcoin.I don't think bitcoin are responsible for the criminality.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 06:11:29 AM

It doesn't make any sense to blame Bitcoin if criminals are using it because anyone with a sound mind would prefer the payment system which is convenient for him so before using Bitcoin criminals must be using Fiat currency but then nobody blamed Fiat currency for such issue. However, I am happy that investigation agencies are working to identify such criminals.

* Woman busted sending thousands in bitcoin to ISIS.
Flayme

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 07:04:30 AM

I've agree a lkts of people use cryptocurrency for illegal purpose...  Its very hard to track who are the one who performed this thing...  It is widely used by terrorists and other person who involved in selling drugs...  Even here those criminals penetrate the world of cryptocurrency.... I think thats how our world move...  Even the criminal are advanced also...  It is just hard for the government to know it...  But the problem is not about bitcoin... It is about the people who misused it....
Sanjeewa101

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 07:56:57 AM

This the problem, Government don't like cryptocurrency for daily uses.
When decentralized crypto, GOVT to not easy to track transactions. That's why govt regulated the crypto like us sec regulations
Anyone can send a lot of cryptos anywhere in the world in 10 seconds, This case It crypto can use any criminal.

Also, Crypto not stable, very volatile all the time, Also, In this case, govt not like goes lot fiat into crypto.

Dark_raven007

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 07:57:36 AM

Everything is developing: cryptomir and the Internet as a whole. I think that law enforcers will also find a way to control, laws will be introduced, companies will have to obey.
psycox

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:03:05 AM

Illegal drugs. drugs and gambling are the things I hate from the ease with which bitcoin makes people irresponsible to abuse this for their benefit. the name of the bitcoin makes it down and bad
marmeladko

Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 07:29:59 PM

More amount of criminal deals are done with fiat money that with cryptocurrency. But media and lawyers like to say that BTC is dangerous technology. I don’t believe in this. Our world will always have illegal markets and we can do nothing with it.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: