Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:05:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 [1788] 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761531 times)
Coinonaer

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:18:01 PM

Berliner hier! Haha schön hier einige Deutsche zu sehn Cheesy

Ist die zweitgrösste Nxt-Community nach den USA.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sepehr

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

Cryptocurrency Evangelist

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:24:20 PM

An Idea of two new sites in NXTunity.

Hi everybody,

I have not seen any sites like "bitpay" and "localbitcoins" in the NXT community yet.
I think NXT will grow a lot if it's possible to be exchaned in any local curremcies arround the world and can be used to pay merchants in their local currencies.
The good point is that we have many nations in our community and with a good management that is possible with very special NXT features,  we can join together and even form a virtual company on top of NXT and build "localnxt" or even "localcryptos" site or "nxtpay" or anything like those.

I'm myself can arrange to help in UAE(Dubai) and Iran to be a local buyer or seller.

Just an idea, That personally can help to comes to reality.

Sepehr
P.S. All names mentioned above already registered and I checked it and know that, but the idea is not depends on any name.

Sepehr, A Cryptocurrency Evangelist
pinarello

Activity: 266

NXT is the future

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:25:01 PM

hi coinonaer, I cant seem to find the banner from this topic any idea?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412243.msg5257776#msg5257776

verymuchso

Activity: 421

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:25:43 PM

We included the ability to start and stop Jetty since we like the user to be able to delete the blockchain and start-fresh from a command in the UI
Re-init after shutdown will be tricky to support for me, because in many places I have init-once only singletons or static blocks, but for this use case I can probably provide a Nxt.fullReset() method that just deletes the genesis block from the database (and if I can trust the database triggers, this should wipe the rest of it too).
What can you say about the status of the database, will it remain H2 and will this remain an internal implementation or do you see developers accessing or updating data in the database them selves?
I am not changing anything about the database. Some people have asked me about using mixed-mode for it, where a tcp server is started automatically and external processes can connect to it. I don't want to enable this by default for security and performance reasons, but I will make the database jdbc url a parameter in the nxt.properties so that client developers can do such tricks in their customized distributions. It is not possible to restrict db access to read-only for such an external process, so if you abuse that and write to the db expect things to break.
Also, regarding custom colored coins. Will you be doing some more standardization in that area? Will there be more work towards an API to work with *custom* attachments? Not that it's strictly needed just wondering if you had ideas in that area.
Haven't thought about this at all yet. But yes, I realize that transaction attachment types don't need to be all hardcoded, one day you can have custom attachment types that just need to conform to some API, and not even need to be supported by all clients.

Thanks and that all sounds perfect.
Will Nxt.fullReset() be in 0.8.0?

Coinonaer

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:28:15 PM

Banner is still not done. So we are still in the planing phase here...  Roll Eyes
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:33:10 PM

Hi everybody,

I have not seen any sites like "bitpay" and "localbitcoins" in the NXT community yet.
I think NXT will grow a lot if it's possible to be exchaned in any local curremcies arround the world and can be used to pay merchants in their local currencies.
The good point is that we have many nations in our community and with a good management that is possible with very special NXT features,  we can join together and even form a virtual company on top of NXT and build "localnxt" or even "localcryptos" site or "nxtpay" or anything like those.

I'm myself can arrange to help in UAE(Dubai) and Iran to be a local buyer or seller.

Sepehr
P.S. All names mentioned above already registered and I checked it and know that, but the idea is not depends on any name.

I have some of these names in my possession, because a domain squatter got localnxt.com etc.

I have nxtlocal.com if you want to use it to strengthen the community. If you want them commercially, I would appreciate a fee, but I'd rather give them to the community. If the community says: give it, I will.

If someone has use for the following ones for the community then they are available, too:

nxtaliasexchange.com    
nxtassetexchange.com
nxtassetsexchange.com

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:33:16 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=430467 if his claims are true than there could be a lot of opportunity here. He accepts escrow but refuses to release the source before I release my escrow. Even though the code will be closed source, he promises to release a working client before i release my escrow. My concern is that maybe he will simply change a few values in nxt and add a new graphical fronted so that it looks like brand new software but is actually just a clone of nxt.

what do you guys think? is there a way of telling whether or not he copied nxt without seeing the source?

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:38:15 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=430467 if his claims are true than there could be a lot of opportunity here. He accepts escrow but refuses to release the source before I release my escrow. Even though the code will be closed source, he promises to release a working client before i release my escrow. My concern is that maybe he will simply change a few values in nxt and add a new graphical fronted so that it looks like brand new software but is actually just a clone of nxt.

what do you guys think? is there a way of telling whether or not he copied nxt without seeing the source?

If it's a non-obfuscated Java binary then it's possible.
w4llace

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:45:50 PM

Banner is still not done. So we are still in the planing phase here...  Roll Eyes

Maybe I can help? Will read the Thread later/in the evening.

@coinonaer, soll das ein animierter Banner werden oder eher was Statisches?
sepehr

Activity: 399

Cryptocurrency Evangelist

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:47:51 PM

Hi everybody,

Sepehr

I have some of these names in my possession, because a domain squatter got localnxt.com etc.

I have nxtlocal.com if you want to use it to strengthen the community. If you want them commercially, I would appreciate a fee, but I'd rather give them to the community. If the community says: give it, I will.

If someone has use for the following ones for the community then they are available, too:

nxtaliasexchange.com    
nxtassetexchange.com
nxtassetsexchange.com

Very good Damelon,
I can manage to start the site but I prefer something else.

I prefer that we form a company on top of Nxt, Everyone in the comunity can buy it's assets and then this company starts commercially and I maybe both a stakeholder and a worker in the company.(As my knowledge it's possible on NXT, am I right? if not, correct me!)

In this case everyone that is a stakeholder of for example nxtlocal.com really tries to help the company to grow.

It's far far more than a single person domain name!!

Sepehr, A Cryptocurrency Evangelist
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:51:57 PM

DO NOT PAY ANY MONEY TO HAVE NXT LISTED ON AN EXCHANGE!

THIS IS A MOVEMENT ABOUT FREEDOM FROM UNETHICAL PRACTICES!

NXT CAN STAND ON ITS OWN!

Sometimes, we have to push things a little bit. But this "pay to be on exchange" smells a little fishy, yes.

Ethics come first.

I disagree.  Atomic Trade offers a significant user rewards program so the owner doesn't take any profit other than operating costs.  The cost of integration will include several new exchange features for Nxt.  We are paying people Nxt to develop features and help promote, is that unethical?  Personally, I have a choice to hold on to my BTC, buy Nxt with my BTC and hoard, or spend my BTC to help make it easy for others to buy Nxt with USD.  We have the freedom to do what we want with our money, that is the whole point of this.  You should post your opinion with some support text, but you shouldn't post your opinion as law with all caps.  
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:53:18 PM

if he did copy NXT then he not only ported to c++ but he also added PoW component.  Id be more concerned of him cloning CGB/ADT or some other Pos/PoW coin
abctc
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1038

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:54:19 PM

Am I the only one using TOR?
- no, you're the only one who uses nextcoin.org  Grin

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

, the Next platform.  Magis quam Moneta (More than a Coin)
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:04:52 PM

kickstarter ideas

- there can be 2 kinds of kickstarters:
a) classic, when you use kickstarter as an escrow, so there is no problem with potential cheaters. But owner can decide to have some fee or can fly away.

b) direct, P2P payments, people are paying straight to the projects, so it is like IPO with all problems with cheaters, because no one guarantees you returning Nxt
voldemort628

Activity: 155

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:16:58 PM

I think its a scam. Did he agree to release a working client before receiving the funds from you?

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▐ CRYPTI▐
a Node.JS coin built from scratch. With Proof of Time, Purchase and Identity. Custom blockchains and much more!
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:17:16 PM

Received this message from Bittrex

"Thanks for the email.  We've gotten a lot of requests for NXT so we'll definitely look at it.  With it being a complete different codebase, it may take more time than others."  

I wouldn't say that are adding Nxt, and we need people to volunteer help to integrate.  `
punkrock

Activity: 808
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:25:22 PM

NXT gone from mintpal.com/voting ?
NXT Won!

MintPal @MintPalExchange
Congrats to NXT for winning today's vote, very close with TES there! Market will be up soon.

Expect a generic 'How the hell do we implement this thing?!" email Wink

Received this message from Bittrex

"Thanks for the email.  We've gotten a lot of requests for NXT so we'll definitely look at it.  With it being a complete different codebase, it may take more time than others."  

I wouldn't say that are adding Nxt, and we need people to volunteer help to integrate.  `

+1000  - again: We need a public paper from devs for exchanger-admins, so they can implement NXT as easy as possible.
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:25:57 PM

I think its a scam. Did he agree to release a working client before receiving the funds from you?

yes he did agree to that but only with closed source code

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:28:02 PM

if he did copy NXT then he not only ported to c++ but he also added PoW component.  Id be more concerned of him cloning CGB/ADT or some other Pos/PoW coin

ah well the point remains. is there any way to tell if he did this?

salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:28:45 PM

pandaisftw finished proofreading of my text, I would like to publish it at some big news site to get attention of the developers and people who like free internet. What do you think? Any suggestions? Thanks

Decentralized internet and Nxt solutions

First part is not about Nxt: https://docs.google.com/document/d/166d7sTEnuv9UMlipcJkuciJ3-mUWOWf_y8dzVb3pd30/edit

2nd part:
Nxt solutions

If you want to enter the game as a decentralized application, starting as a currency to obtain a wide distribution is a good place to start. All of the above mentioned projects have had problems with integration and distribution. Nxt started as the first pure Proof of Stake cryptocurrency in November 2013, and since then - in just a few short months - it has achieved more than 20.000 users. The first part of BCNext’s plan, the anonymous inventor of Nxt, was spreading the monetary system to as many users as possible to create a network of decentralized P2P computers (nodes). This network is based on a lightweight client running on each connected node, so it can send data directly P2P. Thanks to the new code, it can provide up to 100 transactions per second.

Nxt uses an efficient system to maintain the network by using much lower PC power and electricity than is needed for Bitcoin and its clones. It is important to stay anonymous, by creating the Nxt network from thousands of users from all over the world, so this system cannot be censored. You cannot point to any owner of the Nxt system. Even ordinary users don't own NXT coins, they only know the passphrase to a Nxt brainwallet. This means that no executor can take Nxt coins from you… There is no creator to blame, no specific user to arrest, and you cannot take the Nxt network down. Nobody can censor P2P networks. Nxt also is not vulnerable to 51% attacks like Bitcoin, so even if someone owns 90% of all Nxt coins, the Nxt network is secured thanks to Transparent Forging invention.

Nxt evolved by revealing the second part BCNext's plan. Nxt coins will not be used exclusively as a currency, but they will be the building blocks to implement any other project on top of the Nxt platform. Thousands of cryptocurrencies can be built on top of the Nxt network. All will be secured by Nxt’s green and attack proof environment. It is up to the creators of those coins, whether their currency will be Proof of Work (Dogecoin), Stake (Peercoin), Bandwidth (Lakshmi, Bitcloud), Burn (Counterparty) or even Learning and Content (UNITAS project). These coins can be used for different purposes – for travel agencies, hotels, casinos, universities, Amish or any other rural communities, African (and other) countries, and Nxt could eventually replace even Dollars. In the distant future they can even serve as a currency for space colonies.

The third part of BCNext's plan will be released on April 2014. It will most likely be his idea about building all kinds of decentralized applications on top of Nxt’s green network. Since the Nxt system is democratic and users will be able to vote on all important decisions, people do not have to listen to BCNext's plans and can continue on to have Nxt as a simple currency. This is one of the most important inventions of Nxt: the creator BCNext has no power over Nxt and he cannot control its development. All the power is in the hands of independent developers and reviewers of the code. He can only suggest new codes, but he cannot implement them straight to the program. Nxt system is completely decentralized, there is no leader, no sponsoring company or corporation. Nxt’s organization has evolved with the help of active Nxt users, but still there is no higher authority. Some people have already begun to work on new coins and other implementations, so BCNext's plan will likely be fulfilled as well as being complemented by new ideas.

In last few days Nxt applications similar to Twitter and Viber (messages app) were developed. Very soon will be published first game built on top of the Nxt network: a decentralized Poker game. Nxt will provide a platform for easy creation of new currencies. They will be maintained on Nxt blockchain, but they will have their own environment. Also, people can use assets to issue new coins, so they can easily create their own monetary system thanks to asset exchange that is already implemented.

Nxt Arbitrary messages has lead us to the true decentralized web - torrent files have already been sent via this network. With more blockchains, Nxt will be able to provide a cloud storage and file sharing apps. The principle behind these applications is using different blockchains for different purposes: one for file storage, one for messages, and so on. Each app will use only a specific blockchain(s) and won't be spammed by the others. Additionally, with the blockchain pruning function, users will not need to download large blockchains as they do now with Bitcoin and its forks.

Other functions based on Zerocoin and mixing services can provide a completely anonymous infrastructure that was originally built in the Phantom protocol - a decentralized network that focuses on the anonymization of users. Currently, Bitcoin and Nxt are only pseudonymous. With the Zerocoin feature integrated within the NXT core, it will be mathematically infeasible to link the particular coins used by each user.

Decentralized computing systems built on the Nxt platform could locally solve all kinds of research projects. Thanks to the extremely fast Nxt network, home computers can work on mathematical projects so their owners may receive crypto coins. With built-in decentralized exchanges, such coins can immediately exchanged for other coins. Currently being tested, the decentralized Asset Exchange allows users to transform these coins into assets for fiat currencies, shares or commodities such as silver and gold. Anyone can use these exchanges without any restrictions of high fees. Nxt uses small fees, and these fees are always returning to the users who maintain the Nxt network. While fees in VISA or PayPal system go to the centralized corporations, in the Nxt ecosystem, they are distributed fairly between users.

Nxt will be soon cooperating with DAC (Distributed Autonomous Corporations), such as Bitcloud or ArkOS. With Bitcloud, nodes on a mesh network can be rewarded financially for routing traffic in a brand new mesh network. This removes the need for Internet Service Providers. The goal is always same: to replace YouTube, Dropbox, Facebook, Spotify, and others with decentralized, open source alternatives.

ArkOS and Nxt systems are very ecofriendly, you can run Nxt on a Raspberri Pi too. Possible merging of these projects may lead to a future of free, decentralized and green internet. Especially if the programs created on top of Nxt network used applications similar to ArkOS.

Nxt is one step ahead of all other decentralized platforms thanks to its kickstart as a cryptocurrency. It is now ready to become a new decentralized internet. Nxt provides a powerful and flexible platform for developers, allowing them to easily develop new applications for Nxt. Thanks to great community behind it, as evidenced by the thousands of pages on the Nxt Bitcointalk “pub” thread, Nxt has achieved so much in such little time. Anyone can join this fantastic group of open minded individuals and make a positive contribution. For more info see nxt.org or forums.nxtcrypto.org.
Pages: « 1 ... 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 [1788] 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: