Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:56:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 [2056] 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761530 times)
wesleyh

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:46:20 AM

I think that is the client we were waiting for. So fucking awesome. Very nice job!

Thanks, the good thing about it is that it's just a wrapper for the "official client", and can be built the same for windows, linux, and mac.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 10:46:27 AM

10000 NXT BOUNTY for google authenticator help

I am announcing a 10000 NXT bounty for someone to help me integrate google authenticator to the gateway. It will be paid when the gateway passes the community created test plan for multigateway.

I need someone that can do the webpages needed for account # and token input and the server side code that properly correlates that. along with whatever other help I need. Especially making sure the process is secure.

James

Edit: I hope somebody knows where to update the list of bounties and will do so

I can do both, but we must put down all the details first. I suppose you don't want them in C, do you? :-)
I am a simple C programmer. I prefer C for everything!

James

P.S. lets do the details elsewhere

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
muto

Activity: 457

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:47:48 AM

Are there any plans to publish the complete and actual source code somewhere in the near future?

I only found the source code of v4.6. Is ther something more actual available?

https://bitbucket.org/JeanLucPicard/nxt/src/

Got it, so this seems to be v0.7.6 as far as I understand it. So ist the plan to release v0.8.x source code as soon as 0.9.0 is released?

Check the develop branch.

Sorry for the dump questions, I am not familiar with branches of source code. Just wanted to know wether the actual version is open source. But as I can see here, the source code seems to be actual version

wesleyh

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:49:24 AM

Sorry for the dump questions, I am not familiar with branches of source code. Just wanted to know wether the actual version is open source. But as I can see here, the source code seems to be actual version

https://bitbucket.org/JeanLucPicard/nxt/src then click on master and change to develop.
eightspaces

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:50:16 AM

hi, how much nxt do you guys have?

I heard you can not forge anything with 100000 or even 500000 Nxt. So I need more then 100000$ in Nxt to have some forging profit or how does it work? please educate me. thanks!

I have only about 10k atm but I only open my client to check balance then close because it says generate next block in 2000 days or something ?!
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:50:26 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 11:49:24 AM by l8orre

FreeRider beta0.1 released:

git clone https://github.com/l8orre/FreeRider

cd FreeRider

./nxtFreeRider.py

Also available at:

https://www.quicknxt.com/FreeRider

Fatih87SK

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:51:43 AM

Hey, I made a windows app for my nxt web interface;

You can download it here: http://nxtra.org/nxt-client/NxtWalletWindows.zip

Just run NxtWallet.exe to start.

Proof of concept at this point, probably bugs in there. Please report.

Donations appreciated at 8189784314684138350

I have also sent the html interface to jean-luc, hopefully it will be in the next version (it is in this NxtWallet.exe already)

Btw, "tools" menu doesn't do anything at the moment.

Very nice!
One suggestion: The "downloading blockchain..." should be in the middle of the screen as I thought it is hanging as you can´t really do anything while the blockchain is getting downloaded.

Does it also open an NRS in the background?
Or it connects to a server?

Btw, this can easily be created for linux and mac as well, all the same interface, same code. It's node-webkit based.

I think that is the client we were waiting for. So fucking awesome. Very nice job!

Thanks Wesleyh! It looks great.

What I notice at start is the black bar at the bottom. It's not well designed like the rest of the screen. (black and white)

The second thing is; "Downloading blockchain.."
I want to see how much I already have downloaded so I can estimate how much I still have to wait.

It would be better if you can manage to add Estimate download time, or '5 minutes left' to download the blockchain.. Something like that.
Because now I don't know if I really downloading. Maybe it's stuck somewhere at a block.

mcjavar

Activity: 784

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:54:42 AM

cd FreeRider

./nxtFreeRider

Cool!!
Looks great, but very complicated. Could you please provide a small description who your target audiance is?
lucky88888

Activity: 404

https://nxtforum.org/

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:54:58 AM

may I ask for few more reddit votes? 3 isn't enough to get to the cryptocurrency page:
http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/1zmv2q/decentralized_internet_and_nxt_solutions/

voted

Fuck Mt.Gox! Fuck Mintpal! Fuck Bter! FUCK kyc! Protect yourself use MGW! SUPERNET!
Recommended ASSET ->InstantDex : Lead Dev Jl777 (decentralized multi currency instant exchange)
Recommended ASSET -> Jinn : Lead Dev Come-from-Beyond (ternary processors!)
https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/(ann)-jinn/
martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:55:40 AM

I have also sent the html interface to jean-luc, hopefully it will be in the next version (it is in this NxtWallet.exe already)

Very nice!
One suggestion: The "downloading blockchain..." should be in the middle of the screen as I thought it is hanging as you can´t really do anything while the blockchain is getting downloaded.

Btw, this can easily be created for linux and mac as well, all the same interface, same code. It's node-webkit based.

What I notice at start is the black bar at the bottom. It's not well designed like the rest of the screen. (black and white)

I want to see how much I already have downloaded so I can estimate how much I still have to wait.

It would be better if you can manage to add Estimate download time, or '5 minutes left' to download the blockchain.. Something like that.
Because now I don't know if I really downloading. Maybe it's stuck somewhere at a block.

And blocks do not update live in the window, need to go to other menu and then back to "Blocks"
Jean-Luc

Activity: 392

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 10:56:38 AM

If you´ve read my PM, I am trying to help you build a core dev team...

Yes, I need to think about how this should be done. Before the source was public, the problem was how to decide who is trustworthy. Now that it is open, how do we decide who is good enough?

Companies conduct technical interviews. Those will filter out the completely ignorant, but for more experienced people it becomes difficult to judge who is better. I am also not confident in my own skills as an interviewer, and also some good people perform bad at interviews because of the stress and pressure to perform. Especially for an open source project, I don't feel doing interviews is the right approach.

For paid developers, we could consider trial projects, which they would do on their own fork of the repository, and if at the end we like the code and integrate it into the main repository, we accept them as paid developers. This would mean they would have to spend a few weeks without pay at first. Or, we can take the risk and do it as a one month paid contract, with the option of making it permanent. This would be something the NXTtechdevfund committee should discuss.

I would need to research how other open source projects decide who to accept and trust, e.g. how the linux kernel development is organized, and see if we can adopt their project management practices.

In terms of skill set, being a very good Java developer is the only requirement. The code does not depend strongly on any specific tool or library. We use a database, so some familiarity with relational database and SQL is needed, but there are enough areas of the code one can work on without touching the database at first. We also use servlets and Jetty, so again familiarity with servlets and the http protocol would be helpful, but most Java developers already have that.

Good object-oriented design skills are essential. So is writing clean and maintainable code. For developers with main background in languages other than Java, I can tell immediately that Java is not their native language - I have seen lots of Java code that reads like C. The original BCNext code was very foreign too, so I had to rewrite lots of it. So for somebody coming from C/C++ background, if this is going to be their first Java project, they would need to learn a lot, so that the code they add actually reads like Java.

In addition to Java developers, and in fact much more urgently, we need a good cryptographer. This person doesn't even need to be that fluent in Java, the language background wouldn't matter (well, he should at least be able to read and understand the Java code). But I don't have much cryptography background myself, so this is an area where we currently lack skills, especially after the departure of BCNext.

lead Nxt developer, gpg key id: 0x811D6940E1E4240C
Nxt blockchain platform | Ardor blockchain platform | Ignis ICO
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:58:03 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 11:09:28 AM by Fatih87SK

Very nice!

And blocks do not update live in the window, need to go to other menu and then back to "Blocks"

Or like Bitcoin wallets with a green bar that shows the progress of downloading the blockchain.

Thanks!

Don't get offended or something. I'm just being a critical end user. Great work!

mcjavar

Activity: 784

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:00:03 AM

Yes, I need to think about how this should be done. Before the source was public, the problem was how to decide who is trustworthy. Now that it is open, how do we decide who is good enough?

Companies conduct technical interviews. Those will filter out the completely ignorant, but for more experienced people it becomes difficult to judge who is better. I am also not confident in my own skills as an interviewer, and also some good people perform bad at interviews because of the stress and pressure to perform. Especially for an open source project, I don't feel doing interviews is the right approach.

For paid developers, we could consider trial projects, which they would do on their own fork of the repository, and if at the end we like the code and integrate it into the main repository, we accept them as paid developers. This would mean they would have to spend a few weeks without pay at first. Or, we can take the risk and do it as a one month paid contract, with the option of making it permanent. This would be something the NXTtechdevfund committee should discuss.

I would need to research how other open source projects decide who to accept and trust, e.g. how the linux kernel development is organized, and see if we can adopt their project management practices.

In terms of skill set, being a very good Java developer is the only requirement. The code does not depend strongly on any specific tool or library. We use a database, so some familiarity with relational database and SQL is needed, but there are enough areas of the code one can work on without touching the database at first. We also use servlets and Jetty, so again familiarity with servlets and the http protocol would be helpful, but most Java developers already have that.

Good object-oriented design skills are essential. So is writing clean and maintainable code. For developers with main background in languages other than Java, I can tell immediately that Java is not their native language - I have seen lots of Java code that reads like C. The original BCNext code was very foreign too, so I had to rewrite lots of it. So for somebody coming from C/C++ background, if this is going to be their first Java project, they would need to learn a lot, so that the code they add actually reads like Java.

In addition to Java developers, and in fact much more urgently, we need a good cryptographer. This person doesn't even need to be that fluent in Java, the language background wouldn't matter (well, he should at least be able to read and understand the Java code). But I don't have much cryptography background myself, so this is an area where we currently lack skills, especially after the departure of BCNext.

Thank you very much for your detailed answer!

"For paid developers, we could consider trial projects, which they would do on their own fork of the repository, and if at the end we like the code and integrate it into the main repository, we accept them as paid developers. This would mean they would have to spend a few weeks without pay at first. Or, we can take the risk and do it as a one month paid contract, with the option of making it permanent. This would be something the NXTtechdevfund committee should discuss.

I would need to research how other open source projects decide who to accept and trust, e.g. how the linux kernel development is organized, and see if we can adopt their project management practices."

Give the applicant a real life scenario to work on. Something that has to be done for Nxt. A small part of a bigger task. So you can assess if he/she is good enough to be in the core dev team.

"In addition to Java developers, and in fact much more urgently, we need a good cryptographer."

Is that the same msin is working on with the review of the code? Or we need a cryptographer in our core dev team? Do you (or anyone else) have a suggestion whom we should approach?

Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:03:13 AM

Well, you can do everything whilst it's downloading the blockchain, of course you'll only get your balance once it reaches the correct block.
It opens NRS in the background, yes, locally.

Does it shut down NRS when you close it?

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
wesleyh

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:08:41 AM

Yes, black bar will be redesigned. Or removed.

About blockchain downloading, I don't think there is a way to know how long to go still. I guess I could compare last block to current time though, and do an approximation based on 1 block per minute?
wesleyh

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:09:25 AM

They should update on the main screen, but it takes some time, api is slower to show new blocks.
wesleyh

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:10:25 AM

Well, you can do everything whilst it's downloading the blockchain, of course you'll only get your balance once it reaches the correct block.
It opens NRS in the background, yes, locally.

Does it shut down NRS when you close it?

Yes.
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:12:32 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 11:51:14 AM by l8orre

cd FreeRider

./nxtFreeRider.py

Also available at:

https://www.quicknxt.com/FreeRider

I believe that nxtFreeRider will make a valuable and distinct contribution to the nxt clients ecosystem.

Features/Attributes:

- python3/PyQt4: fully open source, code inspection extremely easy rapid development/modification possible by anybody,
- script language: no binary that must either be trusted or compiled from source
- developer tool: includes api access window for testing, new api calls can be added very fast
- using QThreadpool, query threads can be used for NRS backend load testing
- Focus on Asset Exchange
- python provides scipy: scipy has become the single most powerful and versatile scientific computation environment available
- can be used as a tool to analyse node behaviour and counteract malicious attacks on the network.

The availability of scipy provides a unique feature that no other client has - I have the impression that this aspect is a bit underrated so far.

BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:13:29 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9Vys_kalUo#start=0:00;end=53:20;cycles=-1;autoreplay=false;showoptions=false

10:00...NXT (I think) getting a thumbs up.
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:13:53 AM

Jean Luc, I want to thank you for this.
It helps to know that we are looking for good people to get on board for the future development.
It also helps to know that you will be staying on board so there is no knowledge leak.

And thanks to mcjavar for organising this!

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
Pages: « 1 ... 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 [2056] 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: