Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:52:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2408 2409 2410 2411 2412 2413 2414 2415 2416 2417 2418 2419 2420 2421 2422 2423 2424 2425 2426 2427 2428 2429 2430 2431 2432 2433 2434 2435 2436 2437 2438 2439 2440 2441 2442 2443 2444 2445 2446 2447 2448 2449 2450 2451 2452 2453 2454 2455 2456 2457 [2458] 2459 2460 2461 2462 2463 2464 2465 2466 2467 2468 2469 2470 2471 2472 2473 2474 2475 2476 2477 2478 2479 2480 2481 2482 2483 2484 2485 2486 2487 2488 2489 2490 2491 2492 2493 2494 2495 2496 2497 2498 2499 2500 2501 2502 2503 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 10:09:36 PM

You should have given this answer at the previous post. Smiley

U don't know for sure. Smiley

Anyway, the reason I believe in Nxt is mainly because of you.

###########

C-F-B for president.

I mean, decentralised leader.

I mean..

TELL ME WHAT TO THINK CFB!!!!

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:52:17 PM

as said, just an idea what do you think?

Quite ambitious!    Wink

i think it is time to switch from mainly a price and specification view to the
question ordinary users later are really interested in:

what can i do with this crypto-platform, where are the benefits for me in
using this?

i am sure these question will raise this year and the inner technical aspects
will step back. therefore this matrix, which can give answers.

well, if this demonstrate also advantages some cryptos have, let it be ;-)
yes,the application of Nxt is the critical point.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:55:03 PM

WOW BTC getting raped at the moment! Smiley

Does anybody have info about the Chinese government ban? If this ban is truth and it happens how will this affect BTER and NXT in there? Any danger we can lose all our NXT in BTER if we have them?
most likely be true,but not disclosed by gov.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 11:22:42 PM

Interestingly, he also talks about Counterparty building their platform on top of Florin Coin, because of that coin's block generation time (40 seconds) and ability to handle 528 bytes of data in transaction messages.  Seems to me that a BETTER fit would be Nxt, with 1000 bytes of data available per message...

Counterpart directly compete with Nxt and all counterparty can offer will be offered by Nxt. I doubt that counterparty will consider Nxt for their piggyback. However, we should not allow or offer free piggybacks because it will lead to future confrontation between Nxt and the piggybacks as what happened between bitcoin and counterpart today. Appropriate fees should be in place for the use of Nxt by third parties.
There is a big difference between bitcoin core devs and NXT devs, unlike bitcoin core devs, NXT guys wont be arguing that "1 + 1 = 1"

I also doubt any would gleefully destroy other coins with 51% attacks and brag about it

Analyze the "Compuserve vs Internet" as it played out in the market. Why did compuserve lose its dominant position to the Internet?

When you are in a stable market (<10% per year growth), then by all means monetize till the cows come home. Keep adding charges, fees, restrictions. Abuse your customer base, squeeze out all the money you can. Just make sure to monitor growth rates and back off if you start hurting it more than you gain.

When you are in an exponentially growing market, every customer today represents ten or a hundred future customers. This means is it "penny wise, pound foolish" to put any restrictions of any form on customer acquisition and retention. I dont think anybody can credibly argue with the math.

So, the question is, is NXT in a stable market?

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
intmain()

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:27:07 PM

WOW BTC getting raped at the moment! Smiley

Does anybody have info about the Chinese government ban? If this ban is truth and it happens how will this affect BTER and NXT in there? Any danger we can lose all our NXT in BTER if we have them?
most likely be true,but not disclosed by gov.

It is true, except for hong kong and Macau (Special Administrative Regions, their markets are more free than America's)... Basically there are just a bunch of idiots selling, of course the big guys sold off before the leak anticipating the fallout, and everyone followed.  

When you see a 6k - 14k (BTC) buy, then hop in as soon as possible, until then GTFO out of bitcoin, I sold mine for NXT on dgex a few hours ago (you might have noticed the volume spike  Wink).

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 11:31:12 PM

I believe that you know. But if you will say that you don't know I will believe you also. Smiley

Better tell ur guess.

Ok.

P.S. Just for the record. "no" means no. "dunno" means yes.

Private or public?

Public

After being so dramatic... I give 40% to Sergio Demian Lerner. What do you say?

Sergio Demian Lerner is from Buenos Aires. BCNext lives in west-european timezone
I am not BCNext.  I dont have any hats.

James

intmain()

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:36:44 PM

(<10% per year growth)

8%-9% would be a absolutely massive amount of growth for a large corporation, but for a startup it would be nothing...

My company grew 1200% (killer features, insane innovation) in six months, and then tapered to a solid 15% percent growth, which is what it's at right now.

Anywhore, to answer your question, relative to the other crypto-currencies NXT is a relatively stable asset. Relative to the the CAD it is as stable as francium.

Is NXT worth 30M at the moment, yes.

Will NXT be worth 500M in a year? I don't doubt it for a fucking second, I am reviewing CIYAMS complete AT code and I can tell you this is just the beginning.

I may be less active in the NXT community because I'm launching a new pharmaceutical company in two months.... so, I'll try to help out and stay on track, but no promises.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 11:43:04 PM

does nxt have this issue?

This happens sometimes.  It is the result of a thing called 'address collision'.  While some stupid bitcoiners think it can only happene once in a blue moon, it is actually not that infrequent.  Computers which generate addresses don't bother to look up whether or not a so called 'new address' has already been generated and used.  When you computer generates a new address, it is totally possible that the address generated was generated previously and used by another person.  The bitcoin protocol doesn't include anything to prevent this.  Stupid eh?

This is a non issue. Atleast with bitcoin.
After creating a public key, it is also a non-issue with NXT

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 11:44:43 PM

(<10% per year growth)

8%-9% would be a absolutely massive amount of growth for a large corporation, but for a startup it would be nothing...

My company grew 1200% (killer features, insane innovation) in six months, and then tapered to a solid 15% percent growth, which is what it's at right now.

Anywhore, to answer your question, relative to the other crypto-currencies NXT is a relatively stable asset. Relative to the the CAD it is as stable as francium.

Is NXT worth 30M at the moment, yes.

Will NXT be worth 500M in a year? I don't doubt it for a fucking second, I am reviewing CIYAMS complete AT code and I can tell you this is just the beginning.

I may be less active in the NXT community because I'm launching a new pharmaceutical company in two months.... so, I'll try to help out and stay on track, but no promises.

500m would be sweet.. i can see it happening too.. especially if btc follows its current trend over the last few years!

your launching a pharmaceutical company??? manufacturing?? doesnt it take billoins to set up a drugs company(legally)?? or is it like whole sale?

We only need some traction to start a rally and people like to investigate coins that are on a rally. If we can then show significant features, people will come in. everything from 50 mil to 2,000 mil is possible imho

Asian Prepper

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 11:51:59 PM

I attended the Satoshi Square meetup in Dallas, TX last night and did a talk about the differences between NXT & Bitcoin:

http://prisonorfreedom.com/what-is-the-difference-between-nxt-bitcoin-qa-at-dallas-satoshi-square/

Enjoy!
Tai Zen

Great. +1440

You should work about your explanation of the asset exchange. Cheesy

I'm already in touch with wesley  and ian to learn about it n be prepared  for vegas conference in oct.

tai zen

As of 2014-04-09 I no longer post as "Asian Prepper" and will post under my real name "Tai Zen" to eliminate confusion.

Founder of www.PrisonOrFreedom.com | BTC: 19HHZ1yEimKUYVFM9TkXqd9xwM54jSFrmc | LTC:  LTA99422wieqR1MfWeNxZU5xAsESE9MzW7 | NXT:  17225446755425423638
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 11:54:07 PM

2billion. mmm i like the sound of that lol i think companies like NMAC will attract allot of new people too.. because if nxt rises to even 2-300 millon cap them companies will in turn be worth more and then we will start hearing about "decentralised companies? is that the right term? growing exponentially along with nxt.. and with the far greater buying power of their funding.. they will be able to achieve great things!

This is a good way to get some publicity, but just because NXT rises in value doesnt mean that companies listed in NXT will rise in value. Espacially if their revenue is Fiat based (e.g. advertisement firms) then a rise in NXT will lower their stockprice that is listed in NXT. The value of the company will stay the same though.

Sebastien256

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:01:02 AM

Just a reminder if you did not have done it yet. (first round close March 31)

Please go vote on the Nxt slogans: https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/nxt-slogan-poll!/

Before voting, you can read this (at least the first link) to understand what type of slogan is needed for Nxt:
http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-needs-got-milk/
http://www.simplimation.com/blog/9/how-to-create-an-unforgettable-slogan
http://www.inc.com/guides/201101/new-rules-of-writing-a-memorable-slogan.html
http://www.adslogans.co.uk/ans/index.html
http://www.adslogans.co.uk/hof/2003.html
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Advertising_slogans
http://www.thinkslogans.com/slogans/advertising-slogans/

Nothing is official, but before posting in the poll thread, please read the first post. As damelon said, you can see this process as a game.

You can suggest new slogan that will be added on a next poll. But, in order to be listed on the next poll, you need to explain why in a couple of sentences the proposed slogan is good for Nxt. The idea is to find a slogan which would be really nice, appealing, simple and have a long term value.

More importantly than voting, please consider leaving your opinion on the poll thread.

I'll post this message in the thread every couple of days for advertising.

Thanks

Nxt official forum at: https://nxtforum.org/
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 12:26:23 AM

2billion. mmm i like the sound of that lol i think companies like NMAC will attract allot of new people too.. because if nxt rises to even 2-300 millon cap them companies will in turn be worth more and then we will start hearing about "decentralised companies? is that the right term? growing exponentially along with nxt.. and with the far greater buying power of their funding.. they will be able to achieve great things!

This is a good way to get some publicity, but just because NXT rises in value doesnt mean that companies listed in NXT will rise in value. Espacially if their revenue is Fiat based (e.g. advertisement firms) then a rise in NXT will lower their stockprice that is listed in NXT. The value of the company will stay the same though.

im talking about companies whos funding is based in nxt.. like NMAC.. if a company goes from have 100k usd(value of funding in nxt) to being worth 3-4million.. that company is obviously going to be worth a shit lot more.. and it opens a lot of doors for them too...

but companies raise funds to spend them on projects , not to hold them, so on the day that NXT hits 1$/NXT those companies will have spend most of their NXT

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 01:05:33 AM

https://nxtforum.org/multigateway-(third-party)/multigateway-beta-test-signup/

I am hoping to get a live beta up and running soon, please signup at above thread

James

opticalcarrier

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:15:35 AM

does nxt have this issue?

This happens sometimes.  It is the result of a thing called 'address collision'.  While some stupid bitcoiners think it can only happene once in a blue moon, it is actually not that infrequent.  Computers which generate addresses don't bother to look up whether or not a so called 'new address' has already been generated and used.  When you computer generates a new address, it is totally possible that the address generated was generated previously and used by another person.  The bitcoin protocol doesn't include anything to prevent this.  Stupid eh?

This is a non issue. Atleast with bitcoin.
After creating a public key, it is also a non-issue with NXT

actually, with bitcoin, wouldnt an address collision be the full key?  It seems like it would be, although I cant possibly see how this is "not that infrequent"

full key collision chances with either BTC or NXT should be right at about the same frequency.  Though at this moment, I would say it "happens" more often with BTC due to the much higher utilization that BTC has now.
hisun

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:32:59 AM

What progress nodecoin ?
intmain()

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 03:17:45 AM

your launching a pharmaceutical company??? manufacturing?? doesnt it take billoins to set up a drugs company(legally)?? or is it like whole sale?

Well, I like to work with chemicals that haven't been scheduled, yet. I actually found the cure for Alzheimer's and contracted out three different companies to whip up 100kgs... Here's the kicker though, it literally is a brain derived neurotrophic factor that stimulates neurogenesis, myelination,  dendritic and axonal growth, think "nzt 48" from limitless, except it isn't a eugeroic/cholinergic/stimulant. It works, so fucking well.

It has been tried in over 5000 people, no deaths, no serious side effects.

I'm going to market it as a nootropic to the masses  Cool.
MadCow

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 03:28:20 AM

Well, I like to work with chemicals that haven't been scheduled, yet. I actually found the cure for Alzheimer's and contracted out three different companies to whip up 100kgs... Here's the kicker though, it literally is a brain derived neurotrophic factor that stimulates neurogenesis, myelination,  dendritic and axonal growth, think "nzt 48" from limitless, except it isn't a eugeroic/cholinergic/stimulant. It works, so fucking well.

I'm going to market it as a nootropic to the masses  Cool.

When will this drug be available? Sounds very interesting.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 03:32:00 AM

Looking to hire an experienced web application developer to build something akin to bitmit ontop of the NXT blockchain. Even if this is not a skill you have, if you happen to know someone who does, or know someone who might know someone who does ect.., please send them my way.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
DrearyUrbanite

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:14:45 AM

Well, I like to work with chemicals that haven't been scheduled, yet. I actually found the cure for Alzheimer's and contracted out three different companies to whip up 100kgs... Here's the kicker though, it literally is a brain derived neurotrophic factor that stimulates neurogenesis, myelination,  dendritic and axonal growth, think "nzt 48" from limitless, except it isn't a eugeroic/cholinergic/stimulant. It works, so fucking well.

I'm going to market it as a nootropic to the masses  Cool.

When will this drug be available? Sounds very interesting.

Best of luck getting it out soon and I hope you make a fortune. Alzheimers runs in my family and so does MS.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
Pages: « 1 ... 2408 2409 2410 2411 2412 2413 2414 2415 2416 2417 2418 2419 2420 2421 2422 2423 2424 2425 2426 2427 2428 2429 2430 2431 2432 2433 2434 2435 2436 2437 2438 2439 2440 2441 2442 2443 2444 2445 2446 2447 2448 2449 2450 2451 2452 2453 2454 2455 2456 2457 [2458] 2459 2460 2461 2462 2463 2464 2465 2466 2467 2468 2469 2470 2471 2472 2473 2474 2475 2476 2477 2478 2479 2480 2481 2482 2483 2484 2485 2486 2487 2488 2489 2490 2491 2492 2493 2494 2495 2496 2497 2498 2499 2500 2501 2502 2503 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: