Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:37:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is ICO period long?  (Read 2257 times)
AUruHM

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:29:36 PM

Maybe you see such ICO. One of the ICO's from my favorite list is DACC. And it continues not so long. Little of it left 2 days for ending. I'd like that team have Sky from 3am and 499, Justine Sun from Tron as advisers and friends. For projects now it's an excellent option!
D3m1r4wanti

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:57:20 PM

This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

the first thing you should know is that the length of time a bounty is not a guarantee that your rewards will be greater, but a bounty that takes a long time is usually because the token that is sold has a large number and targets hardcap.
mboot

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:24:06 PM

ICO can continue differently. There can take half a year or one year from announcement to release on the exchanges. But in general a middle period continues 3 months.
happy.memory33

Activity: 108

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:02:02 AM

This usually happen especially if the ICO needs more fund to operate the project. SOme of them needs to prepare their platform so they need to extend also their ICO period that will compromise their preparation on the platform which later on that will be use in their project implementation. As we all know that developing a platform may be take some time get a full operational mode of the platform.
aokiji06

Activity: 256
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:21:44 AM

precisely long ico most likely still difficult to find investors, so they can not finish ico.
then look for a good project that shows clear data after schedule.
a project that has a panther and also a proven adviser on how to complete a project

░░░░░░░░░░░░░   POPULOUS WORLD'S [GOLD POKEN]   ░░░░░░░░░░░░░
GOLD BACKED ERC1155 TOKEN | RECEIVE 9% DISCOUNT | BUY NOW
hellyeahent

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:59:01 AM

Because they plan to raise the necessary funds for the development of their project. Now the general period of attracting investments has increased.
Papcio77

Activity: 841
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:05:01 AM

So you see that campaign with very long period regarding of token sales. Why would you join if you see it so long there are a lot of short bounty out there less risk pain if project did not pay bounty participant. Best to join maximum 8 weeks bounty program. Tips, good to join a bounty which already reach soft cap or have a strong sales in private.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 11:14:01 AM

For me I feel the longer the ICO the lesser the reward, this because the longer the ICO last the more people join the ICO, and many people into ICO bounty accumulates stakes which will be shared among all members. So for me I prefer bounty with short period of time.

I also prefer short period of time, I have seen it on one campaign, blocklancer where the campaign is to long and all participants  ended getting pennies for all their effort, because there are no spreadsheets to look and there are thousands of participants this is the reason people loss their trust to blocklancer.

badakjawa

Activity: 336
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 11:14:37 AM

The old ICO is also called ico long term, has an allocation above $ 500k. Its ico period is significant there are up to 5-7 months, some even up to a year. The quick ICO called short term usually has an allocation under $ 500k and has a period of 3-5 months only. The issue of reward, it all depends on how many participants joined the ICO. The long period of time only affects the token allocation only. However, when participants who join quite a lot, maybe the rewards are not much.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
democity

Activity: 303
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:55:49 AM

The old ICO is also called ico long term, has an allocation above $ 500k. Its ico period is significant there are up to 5-7 months, some even up to a year. The quick ICO called short term usually has an allocation under $ 500k and has a period of 3-5 months only. The issue of reward, it all depends on how many participants joined the ICO. The long period of time only affects the token allocation only. However, when participants who join quite a lot, maybe the rewards are not much.
Because this year's encryption market deterred many investors, they became more and more cautious. This has led to the fact that many projects are in a state of stranding and pause.
serguvan

Activity: 532
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:57:59 AM

Lately, ICOs last much longer than normal, because of the bad market. No one is willing to invest in ICOs in this market and many projects postpone ICOs and prolong the ICO period. When the bull market begins, their period will be shorter in my opinion.
Divere1996

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 01:24:20 PM

if you bear in mind from the factor of view of a bounty hunter, then you will not anticipate to enjoy the reality that the ICO will ultimate a long term, considering that at some stage in this time more and more new participants are linked and also you additionally lose time, and will take part in companies that would final much less time.
BabyBoss

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 01:26:35 PM

This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

Because some of them wants their coin/tokens to be sold out or atleast achieve the goal, this is the Fact I know. Even though they will never mention this many people know this.
rainezerr401

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 01:28:21 PM

Icos takes time to sell their coins because their developers are creating different marketing strategy in order for the investors to get interested on their platform.
CCF_news

Activity: 88

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:36:31 PM

If you are an investor and ICO lasts a long period of time, then this will be a positive factor for you, since the project team will collect more money, and therefore the exchange rate will be higher when the token is released to the exchange.
ItsZeroLimit

Activity: 238
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:42:20 PM

Depend of team decision. Good projects add aditional funds if they decide to increase the period of bounty because of ICO extended or postponed. Some dont give nothing. Asfor me, most often it's wrong decision, because if people not interested in project, they will not intersted despite the ICO period long. Sometimes not enough funds because of red market and, of course, less investments. Because people dont want to invest on such bearish market.
dlhezter

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:02:22 PM

if you bear in mind from the factor of view of a bounty hunter, then you will not anticipate to enjoy the reality that the ICO will ultimate a long term, considering that at some stage in this time more and more new participants are linked and also you additionally lose time, and will take part in companies that would final much less time.

ICO period is long because of the fact that they will need to have funds in supporting their project or else it will be a good sign of the ICO in having its success rate in the community, ICO is in need of investors that will help them to be succeed.
Stormyblue

Activity: 147

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 11:07:59 PM

The main purpose for ICOs is to raise funds to support a project. The amount needed is set by the team, which makes the soft cap or hard cap. Most projects are are structured such that without reaching the soft cap they cannot function so it is necessary to sometimes extend the soft cap in order to get more time to raise tg funds needed
omitusaf

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:12:56 PM

Projects need funds to be able to kickstart. Many startup companies  need to reach their softcap (the minimum amount of money required to kickstart a project) and possibly hardcap. So they plan realistic timeframes for them to be able to raise those funds.

fempat

Activity: 331
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:21:53 PM

It depends on the plans of the company. Usually, projects need to get good visibility and hyped before investors can come to know about it and then invest. Most times, we see that a information about the project and tokensale event has been announced long before the actual ICO.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: