Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:02:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive ASICMiner Cube Setup [HD]  (Read 187273 times)
aminkorea

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:51:23 AM

You can reset the cube by sticking a paperclip into the reset hole near the ethernet jack.  Remember you will need to temporarily reset your router to 192.168.1.1 to see the Cube.  After your change the Cube's IP address, presumably to 192.168.10.201 (or something like this), you will have to reset your router back to 192.168.10.1.

you get it now?

I reset the cube as you instructed and changed my ip to 192.168.1.1  but I still cannot get to the config page.  I am using a 1000 watt psu, so this us not a power issue.  I am at my end, I don't know what else to try.
forexmasterja

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 02:05:02 AM

I have a cube and it runs fine in both high and low modes, however I noticed that after running in high mode for a while (a few hours) it will randomly switch back to the low setting without me changing it. Has anybody else experienced this ? and is there a fix ?

--** First Jamaican Bitcoin User **--
1JamaicaYQvsBkvm5JcurQBA9Kz969nsqe
Revolutionary Money Making Cloud Miner - https://cex.io/r/0/forexmasterja/0/
mchu168

Activity: 188

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:10:50 AM

You can reset the cube by sticking a paperclip into the reset hole near the ethernet jack.  Remember you will need to temporarily reset your router to 192.168.1.1 to see the Cube.  After your change the Cube's IP address, presumably to 192.168.10.201 (or something like this), you will have to reset your router back to 192.168.10.1.

you get it now?

I reset the cube as you instructed and changed my ip to 192.168.1.1  but I still cannot get to the config page.  I am using a 1000 watt psu, so this us not a power issue.  I am at my end, I don't know what else to try.

Did you hold down the factory reset button long enough?  After you release the button, the red LED should flash several times to tell you that the Cube has been reset.  

On the router IP address, basically the first three numbers must match the first three numbers of your Cubes IP address.  That's why you have to temporarily change the router IP address to 192.168.1.1 to see the Cube's default IP address of 192.168.1.254.

Also, your router's setup page should have a menu option to see all of the devices attached to the router.  You should be able to find your missing cube this way.

Be patient and methodical when troubleshooting these issues - try to understand what you are doing, otherwise you will be trying random things all day.  Trust me I know this from experience...

mchu168

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:14:15 AM

I have a cube and it runs fine in both high and low modes, however I noticed that after running in high mode for a while (a few hours) it will randomly switch back to the low setting without me changing it. Has anybody else experienced this ? and is there a fix ?

Sometimes the Cube will drop to low setting if you switch to your backup Pool.  If the Cube runs into some problem communicating with the Primary Pool, it will switch to the back up.  Even if its the same IP address, the Cube thinks it's running on another Pool.

Make sure you set the cube clock to High on both the Primary and Backup pools, and then it should stay overclocked no matter what Pool.

aminkorea

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:32:17 AM

You can reset the cube by sticking a paperclip into the reset hole near the ethernet jack.  Remember you will need to temporarily reset your router to 192.168.1.1 to see the Cube.  After your change the Cube's IP address, presumably to 192.168.10.201 (or something like this), you will have to reset your router back to 192.168.10.1.

you get it now?

I reset the cube as you instructed and changed my ip to 192.168.1.1  but I still cannot get to the config page.  I am using a 1000 watt psu, so this us not a power issue.  I am at my end, I don't know what else to try.

Did you hold down the factory reset button long enough?  After you release the button, the red LED should flash several times to tell you that the Cube has been reset.  

On the router IP address, basically the first three numbers must match the first three numbers of your Cubes IP address.  That's why you have to temporarily change the router IP address to 192.168.1.1 to see the Cube's default IP address of 192.168.1.254.

Also, your router's setup page should have a menu option to see all of the devices attached to the router.  You should be able to find your missing cube this way.

Be patient and methodical when troubleshooting these issues - try to understand what you are doing, otherwise you will be trying random things all day.  Trust me I know this from experience...

Yes. The red light flashed several times.  The I set my ip to 192.168.1.1 with my gateway set to the same address. (This worked yesterday) Then I set my ip to 192.168.1.10 and gateway to 192.168.1.1 and both yiedlded the same result.

I don't have a login for my router. It is controlled by the ISP here.  Besides the router ip address is different than my wireless ip address.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\삼성>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :

Wireless LAN adapter 무선 네트워크 연결:

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::c0a1:4b4a:2da9:9c97%11
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.10.108
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.10.1

Ethernet adapter 로컬 영역 연결:

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::384a:e5c:4cd0:9a1b%10
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 172.30.1.4
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 172.30.1.254

C:\Users\삼성>
brush242

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:44:37 AM

Welp, I spent the last five or six hours searching, and got this far. Yay, me! Anyway, it is one cube on a Corsair CX600, doesn't seem to be any issue with power. Can anyone lend a hand here? Little to nothing is happening. Thanks, in advance!

Support sidehack miner development. Donations to: 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
brush242

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:53:12 AM

Welp, I spent the last five or six hours searching, and got this far. Yay, me! Anyway, it is one cube on a Corsair CX600, doesn't seem to be any issue with power. Can anyone lend a hand here? Little to nothing is happening. Thanks, in advance!
All of the clean_jobs=False now. Hmmmm.

Support sidehack miner development. Donations to: 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
aminkorea

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:01:47 AM

Same here.  No idea why. Worked one minute then this.  Bought two of these and so far it has been a waste of money.
brush242

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:06:27 AM

Same here.  No idea why. Worked one minute then this.  Bought two of these and so far it has been a waste of money.

I'm sure we're just missing something simple. Someone will point us in the right direction. Pretty good people here.

aminkorea

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:16:06 AM

I'm sure we're just missing something simple. Someone will point us in the right direction. Pretty good people here.

I turned off the power supply and then ran the bat file and I continue to get the "clean_jobs=False" in the prompt window. So that kind of indicates that  the cube is not getting enough power.  If this is true, I am not sure what to do to fix it because I an using a 1000 watt Zalman psu and it is a brand new PSU purchased just last week. 

brush242

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:33:57 AM

I turned off the power supply and then ran the bat file and I continue to get the "clean_jobs=False" in the prompt window. So that kind of indicates that  the cube is not getting enough power.  If this is true, I am not sure what to do to fix it because I an using a 1000 watt Zalman psu and it is a brand new PSU purchased just last week.

That doesn't seem right to me, the paperclipped Corsair I'm using is brand new as well. Plenty o' power.

abomb60

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:13:36 AM

Ok so I found a workaround for my resetting problem.  On a hunch I changed the pool address in my cube to something that doesn't exist and noticed that it reset itself in about 2.5 minutes.  This told me that it wasn't a hardware issue since it hadn't been hashing.  After further experimentation I decided to try running BFGMiner on 2 different machines with the same --http-port parameter and set my pools to be the IP's of the 2 machines running BFGMiner on my LAN (192.168.210.29,192.168.210.46).  Both BFGMiner instances are connecting to the same pool (ghash.io) and using the same worker ID.  So far that seems to solve my problem and the cube uses the first BFGMiner pool for about 7 minutes then switches to the other.  Another 7 minutes later is switches back to the first pool and on and on.  This wasn't a problem for me since both of these computers are running all the time anyway.

Anyway hope this might help someone.  I saw some other posts that said moving the cube to another physical location (friends house) solved it and they thought it was network hardware related.  Before I ran the 2 BFGMiner instances I tried various switches and none of that fixed the problem.  I'm wondering did you use the same version of proxy or BFGMiner running on the same hardware that you used at home?

If this helps you and you would like to give me a donation use 181t3TwvFXN4CebByLxjt3dkvgZkEBL8PY
aminkorea

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 05:07:13 AM

Same here.  No idea why. Worked one minute then this.  Bought two of these and so far it has been a waste of money.
I turned off the power supply and then ran the bat file and I continue to get the "clean_jobs=False" in the prompt window. So that kind of indicates that  the cube is not getting enough power.  If this is true, I am not sure what to do to fix it because I an using a 1000 watt Zalman psu and it is a brand new PSU purchased just last week.

That doesn't seem right to me, the paperclipped Corsair I'm using is brand new as well. Plenty o' power.

I got my first cube up and running again.  It was not a power problem. It was a connection issue.  I changed pools urls and it started working.  Check your bat file and make sure you have the correct pool address.  And you don't need the http part, just the base url (us1.ghash.io  rather than stratum+tcp://us1.ghash.io)

Now if I could just get the second cube working I would be a happy camper.
abomb60

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 05:16:45 AM

Ok so I found a workaround for my resetting problem.  On a hunch I changed the pool address in my cube to something that doesn't exist and noticed that it reset itself in about 2.5 minutes.  This told me that it wasn't a hardware issue since it hadn't been hashing.  After further experimentation I decided to try running BFGMiner on 2 different machines with the same --http-port parameter and set my pools to be the IP's of the 2 machines running BFGMiner on my LAN (192.168.210.29,192.168.210.46).  Both BFGMiner instances are connecting to the same pool (ghash.io) and using the same worker ID.  So far that seems to solve my problem and the cube uses the first BFGMiner pool for about 7 minutes then switches to the other.  Another 7 minutes later is switches back to the first pool and on and on.  This wasn't a problem for me since both of these computers are running all the time anyway.

Anyway hope this might help someone.  I saw some other posts that said moving the cube to another physical location (friends house) solved it and they thought it was network hardware related.  Before I ran the 2 BFGMiner instances I tried various switches and none of that fixed the problem.  I'm wondering did you use the same version of proxy or BFGMiner running on the same hardware that you used at home?

If this helps you and you would like to give me a donation use 181t3TwvFXN4CebByLxjt3dkvgZkEBL8PY

I just tried running 2 instances of BFGMiner on the same computer using different HTTP ports.  Command used to run them were:

bfgminer -o us1.ghash.io:3333 -u abomb60.worker1 -p xxxx --http-port 1234
bfgminer -o us1.ghash.io:3333 -u abomb60.worker1 -p xxxx --http-port 1235

This DIDN'T work for some reason.  The cube would connect to both pools if you set them to be primary but wouldn't fail to the 2nd. I'm thinking there is something odd going on in the cubes TCP stack causing this.  Time to break out Wireshark and take a look at the traffic.
brush242

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 05:41:40 AM

I got my first cube up and running again.  It was not a power problem. It was a connection issue.  I changed pools urls and it started working.  Check your bat file and make sure you have the correct pool address.  And you don't need the http part, just the base url (us1.ghash.io  rather than stratum+tcp://us1.ghash.io)

Great! Glad you got one running!

Okay, so question: Following the original post, I'm not using a .bat file. I just wanted to get it up and running. Ideally, I would like to run it on Eligius, but I thought I would test it first, then fiddle with it. I

Quote from: OP
Download the stratum proxy and open the file.
On the cube config page, enter the IP of the computer with the stratum proxy on as the server address. Enter it twice as the cube needs two pools to start mining, ie "192.168.1.102,192.168.1.102"
Username and password is for Slush's pool, stick with that for now
Click update, then go back to the config IP you set
Set clock to high by hitting change clocks

If you want to change pool, create a .bat file in notepad. Just save it as .bat in the file name. Move the stratum proxy to the location provided and put the following text inside for eu btcguild. Change pool port and address as required.

That's what I did. I ran mining_proxy.exe, set the miner settings, and the rest. When I run mining_proxy.exe directly, I  continue to get the "clean_jobs=False" in the prompt window. If I use the .bat with

Code:
cd C:\Users\xxx\xxx\xxx\xxx\xxx
mining_proxy.exe -o stratum.mining.eligius.st -p 3334 -O 1JYzMxeew7CyfnqovZMRszN8gXqEVSSCbZ

inside, the CMD window just closes.

Am I missing something? Did I read the OP incorrectly?

aminkorea

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 07:06:17 AM

I got my first cube up and running again.  It was not a power problem. It was a connection issue.  I changed pools urls and it started working.  Check your bat file and make sure you have the correct pool address.  And you don't need the http part, just the base url (us1.ghash.io  rather than stratum+tcp://us1.ghash.io)

Great! Glad you got one running!

Okay, so question: Following the original post, I'm not using a .bat file. I just wanted to get it up and running. Ideally, I would like to run it on Eligius, but I thought I would test it first, then fiddle with it. I

Quote from: OP
Download the stratum proxy and open the file.
On the cube config page, enter the IP of the computer with the stratum proxy on as the server address. Enter it twice as the cube needs two pools to start mining, ie "192.168.1.102,192.168.1.102"
Username and password is for Slush's pool, stick with that for now
Click update, then go back to the config IP you set
Set clock to high by hitting change clocks

If you want to change pool, create a .bat file in notepad. Just save it as .bat in the file name. Move the stratum proxy to the location provided and put the following text inside for eu btcguild. Change pool port and address as required.

That's what I did. I ran mining_proxy.exe, set the miner settings, and the rest. When I run mining_proxy.exe directly, I  continue to get the "clean_jobs=False" in the prompt window. If I use the .bat with

Code:
cd C:\Users\xxx\xxx\xxx\xxx\xxx
mining_proxy.exe -o stratum.mining.eligius.st -p 3334 -O 1JYzMxeew7CyfnqovZMRszN8gXqEVSSCbZ

inside, the CMD window just closes.

Am I missing something? Did I read the OP incorrectly?

Remove the -O 1JYzMxeew7CyfnqovZMRszN8gXqEVSSCbZ and try again.  I don't know what that is but you don't need it in the bat file.
aminkorea

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 08:17:09 AM

What's it take to get this cube above 17Ghs?  I have a 1000 watt psu. The blades are out of the case and sitting next to an open window with single digit weather.  I changed the clock to high and the hash rate went down. 
Singlebyte

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 08:50:23 AM

Did you follow the advice in this thread?  Did you tighten all the heat sink screws and reseat the cards?  What is your screen showing?  The insides do not need to be outside the case or by an open window.  Give us a little more info and maybe someone can help you.
aminkorea

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 08:59:08 AM

Did you follow the advice in this thread?  Did you tighten all the heat sink screws and reseat the cards?  What is your screen showing?  The insides do not need to be outside the case or by an open window.  Give us a little more info and maybe someone can help you.

yes. I tightened the screws.  I have done ever thing that has been advised in this thread.   I don't have any X's on the screen.
This is the jobs and A/R info along with the efficiency and hash rate.

Jobs:0000053819 Accepted:0000029495 Rejected:0000000343 (3:Cool F1 F2 F3
MHS:17861 Utility:244 Efficieny:054.80%
mchu168

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 09:07:25 AM

yes. I tightened the screws.  I have done ever thing that has been advised in this thread.   I don't have any X's on the screen.
This is the jobs and A/R info along with the efficiency and hash rate.

Jobs:0000053819 Accepted:0000029495 Rejected:0000000343 (3:Cool F1 F2 F3
MHS:17861 Utility:244 Efficieny:054.80%

u prob have some kind of network/proxy server bandwidth issue.  can u try running the proxy server on a different network and computer?  Maybe take over to a friend or relative's house and set up. I sincerely doubt the Cube hardware, PSU, or cooling is the issue.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: