Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:30:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why choose LONG-TERM TRADING?  (Read 8454 times)
baricuri

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 11:20:21 AM

Because long-term trading will give you higher returns in the short run, the price of coins will tend to rise over time, so the longer you hold the longer the option to sell at a better price. .

"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
logan16j

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 12:56:27 PM

Trading is indeed difficult to do.

Long term trading may take weeks, months or even a year or so. You may call it as "long-term holding" or simply "holding".

Long-term trading is good for those who:

• want to invest
    • has a job that requires at least 8 hours a day
    • want to earn extra income
    • non professional traders or beginners

But of course you will have to consider these things before investing:

• invest money that does not limit your ability to meet other financial needs
    • should be willing to lose some
    • higher investment, more risky and higher potential of loses and/or rewards

These are the benefits of long-term trading according Anne Chapman (2015):

• You are not required to find new opportunities every time. Just hold on the coins you believe has a potential. Do not bother yourself with other cryptocurrency focus on your work and family.
    • You have more time to plan and study the charts for analysis of trend
    • You only need to employ simple techniques.

First, identify major areas of support/resistance (does a trend have room to develop?

Second, look for chart/candlestick patterns (do they reinforce a trend continuation?)

Finally, look for a logical and high probability point of entry and manage the trade

• You will experience less stress since you do not have to monitor the charts, price, trend etc. every time.
    • You only have to work less. Check your coin in a month or weekly basis, etc

Thank you.

A more detailed explanation can be read here at: http://thedynamictrader.com/advantages-of-long-term-trading/[/list]
    I do not think long-term investment is a wise choice at this point, we can all see that the market is bearish in the long run and bitcoin prices may continue to fall deep at the end. 2018 although there has been a slight recovery. I believe that at this point you should only invest in short-term and take profits immediately when the bitcoin price increases and should not trade when the bitcoin price drops.
    goldade

Activity: 896
    Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
    July 02, 2018, 01:27:24 PM

Long term trading may take weeks, months or even a year or so. You may call it as "long-term holding" or simply "holding".

• want to invest

• You are not required to find new opportunities every time. Just hold on the coins you believe has a potential. Do not bother yourself with other cryptocurrency focus on your work and family.

First, identify major areas of support/resistance (does a trend have room to develop?

Second, look for chart/candlestick patterns (do they reinforce a trend continuation?)

Finally, look for a logical and high probability point of entry and manage the trade

• You will experience less stress since you do not have to monitor the charts, price, trend etc. every time.

Thank you.

A more detailed explanation can be read here at: http://thedynamictrader.com/advantages-of-long-term-trading/[/list]

Long term trading is a very good way to earn money for a long period of time. One of the advantages of long term trading is that you don't have to disturb yourself with the volatility of bitcoin on daily basis unlike day trading where you have to be conscious of the price if bitcoin at all time.
      Another advantage of long term trading is that there is little or no risk involve. You simply put your bitcoins in a wallet and wait for a very long time before selling.
      Long term trading is for those who do not know how to trade or those who don't have much time to spare on day to day trading or signature campaigns.

ronafurw

Activity: 420
      Merit: 102

View Profile
      July 03, 2018, 07:00:03 AM

I can totally agree with you, long term holding or long term trading is a great option for the people who are not having many of free time to spend here, learning, examining, researching.
      For me many people here in crypto is choosing long term trading rather than short term trading because short term is not an easy job specially when the coins we own is dumping it's price on the market and for me many people can make more profit doing long term trading.
      Majority of the people are expecting their investment will grow significantly while they are having regular jobs which consumes their time, they
      only invest to hold. It's like they are holding gold that will increase its value overtime but it's different here in crypto, it's so volatile so I can say it's the game of strong people and a real believer.
      Long term trading is more profitable than short term trading because Bitcoin and some other coins which are considering the best coins but all are different in values. Some are favorable for short term while some are for long term; the Bitcoin and Ethereum are for long term while the Altcoin and Litecoin are for short term. As we know that the Bitcoin is a long term trading which is more profitable that is why we like the Bitcoin.
      recklessMe

Activity: 195

View Profile
      July 03, 2018, 08:33:43 AM

Personally I prefer this exact strategy. I don't like rush. I need some time for monitoring and analyzing the market before making a decision. And also I'd rather avoid too many risks, that's why my choice is long-term trading.
      boy130

Activity: 616
      Merit: 263

View Profile
      July 03, 2018, 08:44:35 AM

Although I'm not a pro trader my best advice as said by many “only invest what you can afford to lose”. I've seen people who are doing 14 hour day shifts, meaning they probably don’t have much time to do much else. I would suggest doing long-term holding as it does actually make a lot of profit if you research correctly. Certain coins multiply by over 10 fold in the space of a few months, these are typically low volume coins but if you do your research they should be easy enough to spot. Also, I read a report that actually most day traders ended up with less money over X period than those who simply held Bitcoin, I'll find the source and edit this soon.
      ArifNewaz

Activity: 172
      Merit: 0

View Profile
      July 03, 2018, 08:48:02 AM

You can dedicate the time saved from constantly following the market on other productive activities. You can study other stocks and do thorough research before making buying or selling decisions.
      holtzmann

Activity: 179

View Profile
      July 03, 2018, 09:10:59 AM

Personally I prefer this exact strategy. I don't like rush. I need some time for monitoring and analyzing the market before making a decision. And also I'd rather avoid too many risks, that's why my choice is long-term trading.
      boynamnhi

Activity: 308

View Profile
      July 03, 2018, 10:38:45 AM

• want to invest

Thank you.

We should not choose long-term investment at this point, you can see that 2017 is a boom year for bitcoin in particular and the crypto market says them. But by 2018 we are in a sharp decline and the market is in a recession as the bitcoin and altcoin prices continue to fall sharply. At present, bitocin prices are at $ 6,600.
        ThorWin

Activity: 218

View Profile
        July 03, 2018, 10:45:06 AM

because they reo to you many multiple profit and many the basic for the times, we think the next field reloring as now, Job held long term is required.
        JRoa

Activity: 528
        Merit: 100

View Profile
        July 03, 2018, 11:17:59 AM

• want to invest

Thank you.

Most of the profitable coins are really good for long term investment, it is really good if you will hold it in a long time because the possibility of the coin to become more valuable is very high.

Arwinkim

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
          July 03, 2018, 01:19:59 PM

Actually, most of people choose long term trading because they don't quite understand how to trade. They simply invest their money and leave it to grow over time in value. They don't care whether market is falling or being sideway like calm sea because they believe the market will become green for a long period of time. Warren Buffet is one of richest persons, who using this strategy. He started investing when he was young. He holds his favorite stocks for a very long time.
          mawinter

Activity: 30

View Profile
          July 03, 2018, 04:01:06 PM

Accurately, long term is they best way to profit from cryptocurrency, research has should that investors who invest on time in a potential growing coin tend to benefit largely from they investment.
          Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
          Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
          July 03, 2018, 04:07:55 PM

• want to invest

Thank you.

Most of the profitable coins are really good for long term investment, it is really good if you will hold it in a long time because the possibility of the coin to become more valuable is very high.
            true if you may find or see the profitable coin that you can actually may hold for a long term then this is so much pleasure to be that you can actually may have to found out that. We all know how good long term is.
            GokeVN

Activity: 84

View Profile
            July 04, 2018, 01:49:41 AM

Long term trading & investing is good for passive income. But I think it requires good patience not to panic and sell everything is case of bearish trends on the market.
            Emitdama

Activity: 1895
            Merit: 328

View Profile
            July 04, 2018, 06:54:04 AM

It's more secure than short time tracings. Short time trading is stressful. Recent market prices are hard to predict.Investments held for longer periods tend to exhibit lower volatility than those held for shorter periods.
            In crypto market I look at benefit regardless of the source, if the source has long term trusted store of value then I will invest and will place my money. Long term is favorable for making huge profit which is not possible somewhere else but in the Bitcoin and 2nd after it is Ethereum. Ethereum is also favorable for long term trading because it is also valuable, however higher profit will give by the Bitcoin.
            quality.crypto

Activity: 854

View Profile
            July 04, 2018, 06:57:44 AM

Day trading is very difficult to guess in the market, people who don't have much experience with the day trading the only option they choose is a long-term holding. They will bother only when their holding started increasing, i do agree long-term holding will always benefit the investors instead of short-term.
            giarised

Activity: 357
            Merit: 102

View Profile
            July 04, 2018, 07:11:08 AM

Long term trading means big profit thats why in trading you must have the patience and you must control your emotion
            Its  not  just emotions  but also intelligence on making decisions, because sometimes it is not just emotions and intelligence but also vision for  the future .
            I would add further that if we throw a glance at the riches Bitcoin traders, al most all of them have had long term investments and some of them are still holding with the values of their portfolios above a billion dollars. They invest and forget about cashing. This is why long term investment is helpful. Besides, I keeps you ignore the panic in the market as the prices rise up and down.
            Clemcout

Activity: 77

View Profile
            July 04, 2018, 09:30:58 AM

As the market has been going down over the past few months, short-term trading wouldn't be profitable. If you hold for a year or so then you can gain some profit.
            If you are doing good in trading, you do not need to lean short trades . Long term trades are best for the new comers and those who do not want to take risks. If you hold the coins for long term, there is no chance that you can lose because the prices of coins increases in the long term.
            Batman_Bitman

Activity: 57

View Profile
            July 05, 2018, 07:26:41 AM

It will not always be correct to choose such a strategy, you need to be able to fix the profit, because projects also have their maximum level of development, it is best to get reliable information on such moments, such can provide the platform Trade.io.
            Short term trades are mostly good in the bullish market when the prices of coins increases every day and one can take the short term profits. In bearish market, the short term traders mostly lose, hence i will recommend long term trades only.
            Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
              Print  

Jump to: