Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:00:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HitBTC.com - The most advanced cryptocurrency exchange  (Read 109464 times)
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 04:31:53 PM

Hey All,

Look's like these guys are trying really hard to hide who they are.

Having been here a while, this raises a red flag.

See the Reddit post, some users have started to find pretty scary stuff about this company:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1y1ig3/bitcoin_exchange_hitbtc_launches_february_14th/cfgqm1s

BE CAREFUL USING THIS WEBSITE!

Hope all is well

-Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
overunity

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:56:06 PM

I registered and the message was wait for an e-mail ,I was expecting the e-mail confirmation to be virtually instant like other sites I register at ,but after hours still no e-mail.
If it takes hours to send an e-mail I cannot imagine how long bitcoin or fiat would take .
Will see what the forum finds out before using them.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 03:50:11 AM

I registered and the message was wait for an e-mail ,I was expecting the e-mail confirmation to be virtually instant like other sites I register at ,but after hours still no e-mail.
If it takes hours to send an e-mail I cannot imagine how long bitcoin or fiat would take .

Got mine instantly

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 03:51:41 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2014, 04:18:52 PM by bitpop

hitbtc (OP)

Activity: 525
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 09:10:38 AM

Dear overunity,

Usually it takes about some seconds to to receive a confirmation e-mail. Could you please check your non-priority inbox folder and make sure that ask@hitbtc.com is added to your whitelist. In case you didn't receive a confirmation, please make sure your email address is correct and do not hesitate to contact us on support@hitbtc.com, so we can re-send the confirmation letter.

overunity

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:49:54 AM

Dear overunity,

Usually it takes about some seconds to to receive a confirmation e-mail. Could you please check your non-priority inbox folder and make sure that ask@hitbtc.com is added to your whitelist. In case you didn't receive a confirmation, please make sure your email address is correct and do not hesitate to contact us on support@hitbtc.com, so we can re-send the confirmation letter.
I got it this Morning which is Monday ,maybe they process them manually ?
hitbtc (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 04:11:24 PM

Dear overunity,

It takes some minutes to receive a confirmation e-mail. We send them automatically. An e-mail with the instruction for funding your account may take a few hours to arrive (Monday-Friday).
We would like to kindly ask you for your e-mail address so we can investigate this issue.

Do not hesitate to contact us on support@hitbtc.com.

overunity

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:04:18 PM

Dear overunity,

It takes some minutes to receive a confirmation e-mail. We send them automatically. An e-mail with the instruction for funding your account may take a few hours to arrive (Monday-Friday).
We would like to kindly ask you for your e-mail address so we can investigate this issue.

Do not hesitate to contact us on support@hitbtc.com.
They sent me payment details ,I replied to info@hitbtc.com requesting your swift/BIC to make a small transfer.
In reference to the previous post it was a request to send funds,my mistake.
They say it can takes hours to withdraw BTC ,I assume that is for large BTC withdrawals that may be handled manually ,so I will test the withdrawal of a small amount of BTC and hopefully it is quick .
May be put in the FAQ the amount of BTC at which manual transactions will occur.
overunity

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:27:24 PM

I'am a bit wary of trying this out since there is no mention of Hitbtc in the payment info ,I added them to my payee list but do not want to pull the trigger till I see some feedback from others that have experience with them .
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 10:37:18 PM

I'am a bit wary of trying this out since there is no mention of Hitbtc in the payment info ,I added them to my payee list but do not want to pull the trigger till I see some feedback from others that have experience with them .

Be Careful

From: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1y1ig3/bitcoin_exchange_hitbtc_launches_february_14th/cfgqm1s

This is getting to be a joke. When someone comes to me and says "how do we open a successful exchange", the first thing I say is "Put your damn name on the site with a legal corporation and you are already the top 5 exchanges without any volume"
This is what I get from my research:

“HITBTC” was founded by “Ullus Corporation”. The company was incorporated in 2013 and claims to be licensed as a financial company. Operating accounts were opened in “SWED Bank” and “SEB Bank”. Swedbank AB is a Nordic-Baltic banking group offering retail banking, asset management, financial, and other services with Stockholm. The latter Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken AB is also a Nordic bank Its activities comprise mainly banking services, but SEB also carries out significant life insurance operations and also owns Eurocard.

Ullus Corporation's website is down (ulluscorp.com), but looking at a cached version of the site it says "The company’s headquarters, since its inception, are located in Hong-Kong" and also repeatedly talk about their Financial License, but don't say from which country. (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.ulluscorp.com/)
This is where it get's interesting, the company also registered CatPay.com which is some sort of a Bitcoin wallet. Both domains are now under private registration and try to not be connected to each other. CatPay's customer service line is in Estonia.
Both of those domains are owned by ulluscorp.com which has been taken down. You can easily get RAW versions of the old Whois file on the registration

ulluscorp.com (http://domainsigma.com/whois/ulluscorp.com) Registrant Name: Ricardo Singh Registrant Organization: ULLUS CORPORATION Registrant Street: Ricardo J. Alfaro Avenue, The Century Tower Bldg. Floor 4 Suite 402-36 Registrant City: Panama City Registrant State/Province: Panama City Registrant Postal Code: - Registrant Country: PA Registrant Phone: +507.3605536 Registrant Phone Ext: Registrant Fax: +507.3605530

CatPay.com (http://who.is/whois/catpay.com) Registrant Name: Oliver Girado Registrant Organization: Ullus Corporation Registrant Street: Ricardo J. Alfaro Avenue, The Central Tower Bldg, Floor 4 Suite 402-36 Registrant City: Panama City Registrant State/Province: Panama City Registrant Postal Code: - Registrant Country: PA Registrant Phone: +507.3605536 Registrant Phone Ext: Registrant Fax: +507.3605536
Anyways, I'll have some of my friends in Panama check out their office to see if it exists.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
overunity

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:37:19 PM

Be Careful

From: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1y1ig3/bitcoin_exchange_hitbtc_launches_february_14th/cfgqm1s

This is getting to be a joke. When someone comes to me and says "how do we open a successful exchange", the first thing I say is "Put your damn name on the site with a legal corporation and you are already the top 5 exchanges without any volume"
This is what I get from my research:

“HITBTC” was founded by “Ullus Corporation”. The company was incorporated in 2013 and claims to be licensed as a financial company. Operating accounts were opened in “SWED Bank” and “SEB Bank”. Swedbank AB is a Nordic-Baltic banking group offering retail banking, asset management, financial, and other services with Stockholm. The latter Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken AB is also a Nordic bank Its activities comprise mainly banking services, but SEB also carries out significant life insurance operations and also owns Eurocard.

Ullus Corporation's website is down (ulluscorp.com), but looking at a cached version of the site it says "The company’s headquarters, since its inception, are located in Hong-Kong" and also repeatedly talk about their Financial License, but don't say from which country. (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.ulluscorp.com/)
This is where it get's interesting, the company also registered CatPay.com which is some sort of a Bitcoin wallet. Both domains are now under private registration and try to not be connected to each other. CatPay's customer service line is in Estonia.
Both of those domains are owned by ulluscorp.com which has been taken down. You can easily get RAW versions of the old Whois file on the registration

ulluscorp.com (http://domainsigma.com/whois/ulluscorp.com) Registrant Name: Ricardo Singh Registrant Organization: ULLUS CORPORATION Registrant Street: Ricardo J. Alfaro Avenue, The Century Tower Bldg. Floor 4 Suite 402-36 Registrant City: Panama City Registrant State/Province: Panama City Registrant Postal Code: - Registrant Country: PA Registrant Phone: +507.3605536 Registrant Phone Ext: Registrant Fax: +507.3605530

CatPay.com (http://who.is/whois/catpay.com) Registrant Name: Oliver Girado Registrant Organization: Ullus Corporation Registrant Street: Ricardo J. Alfaro Avenue, The Central Tower Bldg, Floor 4 Suite 402-36 Registrant City: Panama City Registrant State/Province: Panama City Registrant Postal Code: - Registrant Country: PA Registrant Phone: +507.3605536 Registrant Phone Ext: Registrant Fax: +507.3605536
Anyways, I'll have some of my friends in Panama check out their office to see if it exists.

Yes that was another reason ,Best to see if anyone has any feedback .
xyzxyzxyz

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:45:06 PM

You need to put the swift code on your wire instructions. I had to google it. How many days does it take for you to receive a wire?

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
xyzxyzxyz

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:24:29 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 10:36:46 AM by xyzxyzxyz

Wire instruction from my bank took two days to arrive.

They accept wire instructions from US banks unlike BTC-e.

No charge to receive wire instruction unlike BTC-e who charge 1%.

Coins are trading at a discount of $10 to Btc-e and size (50) is available at a $5-7 discount to Btc-e.

The bid-ask is on the correct side (like nasdaq level 2) of the screen and update in real time unlike BTC-e.

Bitcoin took two minutes to show up in my wallet when I requested a withdrawal.

I am impressed and will be using again when my account is verified.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
hitbtc (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 10:33:00 AM

You need to put the swift code on your wire instructions. I had to google it. How many days does it take for you to receive a wire?

Dear xyzxyzxyz,

Thank you for this suggestion, we will add the SWIFT code in the wire transfer instruction.
Usually it takes 1-3 business days for funds to appear on your account. May we ask you where are you located, so we can tell you more exact time?

overunity

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 02:18:54 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 02:42:36 PM by overunity

Dear xyzxyzxyz,

Thank you for this suggestion, we will add the SWIFT code in the wire transfer instruction.
Usually it takes 1-3 business days for funds to appear on your account. May we ask you where are you located, so we can tell you more exact time?
I asked Hitbtc for a swift code but what they sent did not fit into the boxes my bank supplied ,so this left me a bit hesitant ,I want to make sure that I do not make a mistake and my money gets lost .
I would feel reassured if there was phone support .
In the swift code my bank requires there are 4 boxes When I put the code into these boxes the form reports an error and will not allow me to send the funds .
xyzxyzxyz

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:33:34 PM

Dear xyzxyzxyz,

I asked Hitbtc for a swift code but what they sent did not fit into the boxes my bank supplied ,so this left me a bit hesitant ,I want to make sure that I do not make a mistake and my money gets lost .
In the swift code my bank requires there are 4 boxes When I put the code into these boxes the form reports an error and will not allow me to send the funds .

That may be the iban #.

xyzxyzxyz

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:40:09 PM

Dear xyzxyzxyz,

Took two days to arrive. I want to do it again, can I use the same wire instructions or do I have to wait for the new one?

overunity

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:58:46 PM

Dear xyzxyzxyz,

That may be the iban #.
No the iban code went into the provided boxes fine .
The swift code however does not .
xyzxyzxyz

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:45:19 PM

Asked for the wire instruction twice now but have not received anything. Are you open? Want to trade again with you.

i50249065

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 08:41:47 AM

hello, I've tried to withdrawal Litecoin a couple of times but all failed (I have enough balance in main account). May I know the reason on it? Thanks

History
Date    Operation ID    Type    Amount    Status    Balance
Today, 16:41:21    85238-4304-93126    Outgoing litecoin transfer    Ł 10.00000    Failed    0.00000 ฿    10.20000 Ł    $ 0.00    0.00 €
Today, 16:32:58    86846-3864-92686    Outgoing litecoin transfer    Ł 10.00000    Failed    0.00000 ฿    10.20000 Ł    $ 0.00    0.00 €
Today, 16:30:28    87903-2937-93871    Outgoing litecoin transfer    Ł 10.10000    Failed    0.00000 ฿    10.20000 Ł    $ 0.00    0.00 €
Today, 16:24:31    87118-2152-95070    Outgoing litecoin transfer    Ł 10.19000    Failed    0.00000 ฿    10.20000 Ł    $ 0.00    0.00 €
Today, 16:21:22    88504-1438-94344    Outgoing litecoin transfer    Ł 10.20000    Failed    0.00000 ฿    10.20000 Ł    $ 0.00    0.00 €
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: