Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:37:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 362 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;)  (Read 907160 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:25:08 AM

OK, the III Supernode was practically a whole week experience for me, but now safely back in Finland. What has happened meanwhile? Smiley

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Newbie1022

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:30:23 AM

I feel this thread is like a cult. The more confident everyone is about a bubble to $3,000 the less confident I think we will ever see $1000 again.

I thin you shud all start pumping dread and doom, i would feel a lot better about the future if you did.

Yes, there is certainly a cultish element to it at all. I think, in some ways, this has led to the discounting of all of the amazingly positive news this week. Then again, the "cultish" element -- and by that I don't mean disrespect but rather it is just the diehards who are true believers in the project -- also makes me feel like we have some stability against grand scale fluctuations absent a Gox-like event (and it was probably why BTC was able to survive the Gox clusterstorm). In short, the diehards, counterintuitively, bring stability and that stability has a value of its own. So things are ok.
madmat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:40:32 AM

OK, the III Supernode was practically a whole week experience for me, but now safely back in Finland. What has happened meanwhile? Smiley

Auction is finished, one bidder took all 30000btc. Price back to normal.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:38:19 PM

The US Government coins at auction went to a single undisclosed bidder
The auction had over 60 bidders. Some were low ball
Lots of rumours and no official data on  the winning bid price
One of the rumours /  leaks put one of the losing bids (Second Market) at around 665 USD indicating the coins sold at a premium
The market was very quiet with an overall bullish sentiment from the auction

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
madmat
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:23:27 PM

The US Government coins at auction went to a single undisclosed bidder
The auction had over 60 bidders. Some were low ball
Lots of rumours and no official data on  the winning bid price
One of the rumours /  leaks put one of the losing bids (Second Market) at around 665 USD indicating the coins sold at a premium
The market was very quiet with an overall bullish sentiment from the auction

And Tim Draper won the auction :
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/breaking/sns-rt-us-usa-bitcoin-20140701,0,4038036.story
BTCtrader71

Activity: 784
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:31:29 PM

Oh not much .....

US auction was completed successfully.
California passes bill making crypto officially legal.
Winklevoss ETF bags the symbol COIN, announces will be on NASDAQ, and gets listed on Bloomberg terminal
1800flowers announces they'll start accepting bitcoin.
Newegg starts accepting bitcoin.
Beyoncee and Jay-Z accept bitcoin for upcoming concert.

IOW, just another boring couple of days .... Wink

EDIT: almost forgot! Kuwait finance firm suggests trading oil in bitcoins
http://www.gulf-times.com/eco.-bus.%20news/256/details/398622/kuwait-finance-firm-suggests-trading-oil-in-bitcoins

BTC: 14oTcy1DNEXbcYjzPBpRWV11ZafWxNP8EU
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 04:21:10 PM

Oh not much .....

Winklevoss ETF bags the symbol COIN, announces will be on NASDAQ, and gets listed on Bloomberg terminal

http://www.gulf-times.com/eco.-bus.%20news/256/details/398622/kuwait-finance-firm-suggests-trading-oil-in-bitcoins

Very true. Many of us were focusing on the auction but there was a lot more going on.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:42:55 PM

First major step on the road to global reserve status.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:53:09 PM

I feel this thread is like a cult. The more confident everyone is about a bubble to $3,000 the less confident I think we will ever see $1000 again.

I thin you shud all start pumping dread and doom, i would feel a lot better about the future if you did.

Yes, there is certainly a cultish element to it at all. I think, in some ways, this has led to the discounting of all of the amazingly positive news this week. Then again, the "cultish" element -- and by that I don't mean disrespect but rather it is just the diehards who are true believers in the project -- also makes me feel like we have some stability against grand scale fluctuations absent a Gox-like event (and it was probably why BTC was able to survive the Gox clusterstorm). In short, the diehards, counterintuitively, bring stability and that stability has a value of its own. So things are ok.

I myself refuse to be overly optimistic. Emotionally, I threw my money away when i bought my first bitcoin stash. Me talking about how my Bitcoin are gonna make me a millionaire sounds sooooo pathetic.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 06:03:54 PM

I myself refuse to be overly optimistic. Emotionally, I threw my money away when i bought my first bitcoin stash. Me talking about how my Bitcoin are gonna make me a millionaire sounds sooooo pathetic.

The excess of doom is extremely tiresome. Superbulls can be a grind too but at least they're a bit more variable and sometimes actually listen to others.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 08:47:56 PM

Oh not much .....

What is scary strange is just how fast this space is moving. Think back to just a year. There was not much going on outside speculation.
Now, Wall St. is just starting to get involved, Money is pouring in to infrastructure, Wallets and Services abound, big companies are jumping on board, etc.

What about in another year? Seriously, if this continues (and not to dwell on price but it is a huge measure of adoption and success) we might be in the $5,000-$10,000 range.
Unless something catastrophic happens then things are going to continue. And by catastrophic, I mostly mean I don't think the Elites planned that the free market might
rescue people from their planned USD/Euro collapse... (Unless BTC is theirs  Shocked ) No more wars please... (For the love of People)

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Queeq

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:11:42 PM

What is scary strange is just how fast this space is moving. Think back to just a year. There was not much going on outside speculation.
Now, Wall St. is just starting to get involved, Money is pouring in to infrastructure, Wallets and Services abound, big companies are jumping on board, etc.

What about in another year? Seriously, if this continues (and not to dwell on price but it is a huge measure of adoption and success) we might be in the $5,000-$10,000 range.
Unless something catastrophic happens then things are going to continue. And by catastrophic, I mostly mean I don't think the Elites planned that the free market might
rescue people from their planned USD/Euro collapse... (Unless BTC is theirs  Shocked ) No more wars please... (For the love of People)

IAS

Wouldn't it look like dot-com bubble?
BTCtrader71

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 10:39:47 PM

Oh not much .....

rescue people from their planned USD/Euro collapse... (Unless BTC is theirs  Shocked ) No more wars please... (For the love of People)

IAS

If someone had predicted this list of developments a year ago, it would have seemed to many as being absurdly bullish. And yet, here we are.

What amazing things will have happened between now and one year from now? Perhaps I should start a thread on that question ....

BTC: 14oTcy1DNEXbcYjzPBpRWV11ZafWxNP8EU
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 10:46:28 PM

IAS

Do you really understand how disruptive this space is?

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 10:49:44 PM

Oh not much .....

rescue people from their planned USD/Euro collapse... (Unless BTC is theirs  Shocked ) No more wars please... (For the love of People)

IAS

If someone had predicted this list of developments a year ago, it would have seemed to many as being absurdly bullish. And yet, here we are.

What amazing things will have happened between now and one year from now? Perhaps I should start a thread on that question ....

Honestly, the event horizon is getting to the point that looking one year out is hard.
It is starting to really look like BTC might be the foundation for the 2.0 technologies and
A host of other coming technologies. Those "crazy" price projections are starting to
make contextual sense as the holes are being filled with so many possibilities.

Its about sharing

BTC = Black Swan.
BitDreams

Activity: 503
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 10:54:43 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2014, 11:11:08 PM by BitDreams

re: auction - Where these coins are going is very interesting. I caught a little of a live press conference and I'd heard mention of four countries.

Here's an old chart from May, I have some of the numbers off a bit, timing too (should have accounted for auction), but my projection for last month's price move is starting to sketch out nicely. The projection targets a challenge of the all time high in August. Maybe I should move that out a bit.

https://www.tradingview.com/v/gT8w1Qnq/ for chart (click the arrow to progress candles)

Here's a pic from back in May:

Edit: the Three Drivers Pattern is a stretch. I learned more about it and made an attempt to correct it here: https://www.tradingview.com/v/ki1IKkbD/
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 01:13:03 AM

IAS

Yes, so imagine how much is going on behind the scenes.......silicon valley, banking, govt and that's not US-centric; this is worldwide.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:12:10 AM

IAS

This, many people see high prices and they immediatly think "oh, it's a bubble, it's a Ponzi, nothing can be that profitable"

But they fail to understand the impact of the underlying technology.

Bitcoin is bigger than facebook, bigger than email, bigger than the internet.

And the best thing is, you can invest directly in the protocol itself!

Many people will slam their head into the wall by next year for not seeing this obvious moneymaker before it increases in value another 100 times or so.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:13:30 AM

IAS

This, many people see high prices and they immediatly think "oh, it's a bubble, it's a Ponzi, nothing can be that profitable"

Many people will slam their head into the wall by next year for not seeing this obvious moneymaker before it increases in value another 100 times or so.

I agree.  But 100x by next year?  I am trying hard not to get my hopes up that high.  It could happen though.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:12:17 AM

IAS

And others -

I often said BTC is as disruptive as the Net. My tune has been changing. The Net is now like electricity, it is a given and a required necessity. We are talking about the language
of money evolving and with it peoples perceptions. This is not just going to be financial. It is going to rock perspectives, realities and imo, in part, usher in another age.
But that event horizon is just so hard to see past, but I can feel and taste it. My point is, this might very well be much bigger than the Net, at least as far as the Political changes it
brings. The Net put pressure on governments but the strong governments were a part of it and used it. The same might happen to BTC, etc. but I have a feeling we are going
to see it GREATLY weaken the power of the State AND it is going to come in forms that we just can't make out from here.

Barring some catastrophe, when we look back on this time in a few years, it will all make sense. Bitcoin and the cryptos are sort of laying down a new Internet.

The whole blockchain technology, which is in huge part where the disruption will also take place is going to rock the business and political world.

The price that is to come is probably very difficult to imagine. Look at the price now, roughly $650. How many people really even have a clue of what BTC is?
How much of Wall St. is in? Has the investment money really even started? Chew on this fellas, we are still early adopters...

Its about sharing

BTC = Black Swan.
Pages: « 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 362 »
  Print  

Jump to: