Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:28:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... 362 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;)  (Read 907160 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:20:50 AM

Life on earth is 3.5 billion years old, the life of the universe is 17 billion years. Before our star was even born life could have existed elsewhere for 13 billion years!!!

Think of what we have discovered about DNA and life in a mere 100 years of modern science. Now fast forward even 1 billion years from now!!!

It is more probable than not that we are simply an experiment in creation by what we either call Aliens or Gods. The religious prefer God because they have no other explanation for it. In a billion years will we have harnessed the knowledge of the suns, the galaxy, DNA, life itself? Will we not be able to travel through space at our will? Will we not be Gods to others? Of course we will. We have historical proof, Columbus was a God to the Americas.

Earth is a fish bowl, a petri dish, a scientific experiment, we are the subjects, for now.

Universe is 13.8 bil years old, not 17 bil
Life on earth is 3.8 bil years old

However, the rest of the post is pure speculation. There is no evidence for or against it.
We need more data, but the simplest analysis suggests that IF intelligent life was widespread, Earth would be colonized long time ago (probably hundreds of millions of years if not billions) just as almost every little island in the Pacific was colonized. In fact, it has been shown that it would take ONLY 4-5 mil years to completely colonize the galaxy once the spread begins.

Do you really think that if we ever go out into space and are able to visit other planets we would actually kick the inhabitors out and create a place for ourselves to live? I would think we would have evolved long beyond such barbaric practices. There will probably be something like the prime directive in Star Trek which would prevent us from interfering with other cultures on other planets. And also life can come in forms we might not even have thought of, things we can't even see with our limited five senses. They may already be all around us without us even noticing them.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcopia

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:27:13 AM

It would be nice if this forum was about TA again. Come back Risto!!
Wary

Activity: 798

Who's there?

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:32:36 AM

TA is so boooring! EI and LSD is much more fun!  Grin

Fairplay medal of dnaleor's trading simulator. Smiley
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:32:46 AM

Well... perhaps in the wake of the Mallathon talk of drugs and outer space are not entirely inappropriate. Wink

But I feel ya.
BTCfan1

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:10:39 AM

so can we assume we will know the auction results start of business day Monday?  9am EST?
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 07:42:07 AM

so can we assume we will know the auction results start of business day Monday?  9am EST?

I don't think they will publish the results.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 08:50:30 AM

I think you can tell from the market price though
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:26:24 AM

I believe the Universe is absolutely teeming with (intelligent) life, but not all life is in the form we can see or recognize yet. However I think we will make great discoveries in this matter within the next 100 years which will turn our entire world view upside down, if we don't kill ourselves beforehand that is. I actually wouldn't be surprised if we are already being visited, studied and observed by more advanced forms of life, and that they're keeping a low profile on purpose.

Or perhaps 'we' have been visited, and studied by more advanced lifeforms tens of thousands of years ago, and modern man is the result of a little alien manipulation on a 'naturally evolving' ape species. Perhaps this is why modern man is alone in both his tendency and ability to exploit and detach himself from the environment which ultimately created him and sustains him.

This 'revelation' of being part alien came to me on a DMT trip. Although it seemed realer than real at the time, I don't know if its true or not. If it were true, how would we possibly know or 'proev' it, if this alien entity operated on a completely different plane of reality and time scale from what we can comprehend? Would a soldier ant in an ant colony in some university research station be able to even begin to fathom the existence of the teams of scientists who were responsible for ensuring the foundation of the ant colony (perhaps genetically engineered) or what their objectives might be? Of course not.

Sounds possible, people who claim to have been abducted or contacted by alien beings are saying a similar thing as you here. But yeah it's hard to proof unless those beings decide to make themselves visible to the public and give an open press conference to explain everything to us. Tongue I've always felt that the reality bubble we humans live in and experience is only a small bubble within a much bigger reality we can't even begin to fathom (yet). Like a fish in the water can't even begin to comprehend things like planets, stars and galaxies maybe we can't even begin to comprehend other things that for other more advanced life forms seem pretty obvious. We humans are able to expand our own reality bubble though, like we used to know nothing about stars and galaxies either. Maybe one day things like telepathy and moving through other dimensions will be just as normal to us as is riding a car now.

I never used DMT myself but I do remember an LSD trip where I was convinced I had broken my own reality and I was stuck in my own personal hell forever. Time stopped being fluid and chronological and felt like a shattered piece of glass, I was constantly being flung back and forth in time and saw very quick sketches of what was going on around me but it happened really fast and I could make no logical sense of anything at the time. It was extremely confusing and disorienting, losing one's grip on reality like that is probably one of the worst things that can happen to a conscious person. Some of those quick sketches I remember seeing at the beginning of my trip actually happened somewhere at the end according to my friends who were with me at the time, and vice versa, it was all just a jumbled mess until I finally came out of it 2,5 hours later. This trip made me think about how consciousness and time are very closely connected, and how little we humans know about these things. Probably just as much as fish know about our sun and other galaxies.

I think you may have a point.

I sometimes (very rarely) experience déjà-vu, mostly when I have a period of lack of sleep.

However these cases of Déjà-vu are a bid weird. The first time I 'remember' something while I am in a sleep-like state, but probably not actually sleeping. However I try to make sense of these memories but I can't, because things happen and thoughts occur to me that can not possibly be my own thought and actions. For example once I had such a 'memory' from me sitting in a classroom, but I was not even going to school back than. Then, months or even years later when the first few 'scenes' of that memory happen I start to remember the whole scene (which usually lasts 5 to 20 seconds) and I can repeat word-by-word what happens, and I can even remember my own thoughts. And always it is exactly as I remembered it.

It's like I have been there before, but I really haven't.

Time does not appear to be truly linear, it's just how we normally experience it.

How I know that they aren't my own thoughts/actions

I think about things I have never heard of, or about persons I don't even know. (On one occasion I had thoughts about being in love with a person I have not ever met, and didn't know. I was confused, why I was having thoughts about a person I did not even know to exist? Right now I met that person though, a coupe of years ago actually, and indeed I experienced the same scene as I saw it before, but it only made sense the second time, they never make sense the first time).

I am hanging out with people I don't know as if I'm familiar with them.

I am thinking about concepts I don't even understand or know

Such things...
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 11:11:41 AM

How did we get on the topic of drugs, instead of TA?

I think it started with It's all about Sharing saying "As Terrence McKenna said, We are a part of Nature, we come from it." on June 15th.

Thank you. Perhaps one of my greatest honors in recent internet memory. Grin

And on a further serious note, this is inevitable. As I've proposed before, Crypto currencies and related technologies are going to shift our
reality some. I really see what is happening as an exponentially shifted Industrial Revolution, or better yet, a NEW AGE.
Boundaries are getting thinner fellas. You can run, but you can't hide.
A taste of the red pill is here.

Its about sharing

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:56:34 PM

It is diffucult to calculate the unknowable probabilities.
As an example, Drake equation together with Kepler data suggest that life should be all over the Universe, but so far-no indication of intelligence being present anywhere else-Fermi's paradox. My point is-it is diffucult to calculate the true probability of an event when too many variables are involved.

If you were intelligent, would you call Earth?

If you were intelligent, would you DESIGN Earth?

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
BitchicksHusband

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:59:58 PM

Columbus was a God to the Americas.

your posting is fine, but not this part. columbus was a cruel slave trader. he started a massive exploitation of people, slave trade with small girls for sex, introduced bad diseases and much more.

http://latinamericanhistory.about.com/od/thevoyagesofcolumbus/a/09columbustruth.htm (and much more)

most of the "americans" do not celebrate columbus day at all, rather, they hate that day.

and about discovering america, the name you should have in your head is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leif_Erikson

Do you have an ACTUAL historical reference (not a PC "history book" style reference) to Columbus being a slave trader?

BitchicksHusband

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:01:46 PM

Life on earth is 3.5 billion years old, the life of the universe is 17 billion years. Before our star was even born life could have existed elsewhere for 13 billion years!!!

Think of what we have discovered about DNA and life in a mere 100 years of modern science. Now fast forward even 1 billion years from now!!!

It is more probable than not that we are simply an experiment in creation by what we either call Aliens or Gods. The religious prefer God because they have no other explanation for it. In a billion years will we have harnessed the knowledge of the suns, the galaxy, DNA, life itself? Will we not be able to travel through space at our will? Will we not be Gods to others? Of course we will. We have historical proof, Columbus was a God to the Americas.

Earth is a fish bowl, a petri dish, a scientific experiment, we are the subjects, for now.

However, the rest of the post is pure speculation.

Sounds like all speculation then.  How many times has the supposed age of the universe changed in the last 20 years?  Why believe it this time?

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 06:47:14 PM

I believe the Universe is absolutely teeming with (intelligent) life, but not all life is in the form we can see or recognize yet. However I think we will make great discoveries in this matter within the next 100 years which will turn our entire world view upside down, if we don't kill ourselves beforehand that is. I actually wouldn't be surprised if we are already being visited, studied and observed by more advanced forms of life, and that they're keeping a low profile on purpose.
Watch this and ponders Smiley

Christophe Adami - Finding life we can't imagine

The main reason why we did not find extrasolar planets for so long is that we did not know where to find. Well, Adami is proposing a solution to this "we were not looking at the right place" problem for the matter of alien life. And this is a damn seducing idea Smiley
Plus, it works for biologic life, digital life and memetic life.

One of my favourite TED talks Smiley

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 07:04:17 PM

I think you can tell from the market price though

US Marshal's #bitcoin auction results out within 3 hours.  Should be strong.
(@dan_pantera)

I guess that means "results to participants".

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 07:06:05 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 05:08:02 PM by nioc

However, the rest of the post is pure speculation.

Sounds like all speculation then.  How many times has the supposed age of the universe changed in the last 20 years?  Why believe it this time?

Because our measurements keep getting better to the point that the changes to our estimations get smaller each time.  The last change was due to the information from the Planck satellite which has given us the most precise measurements of the cosmic microwave background radiation.  It detects variations to, if I remember correctly, of around a millionth of a degree.  This changed our best estimate from 13.7 to 13.8 billion years.  You will still see it listed as 13.7 in some places.

Theories are nice but you must do experiments to test them.  

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:06:47 PM

Just wanted to share some of my Gann charts. I have back-tested the ratio's used (comparing many and finding the best over time). Past charts have been very accurate and if you closely study these you will see they are fairly accurate.

The first chart is my "down chart" and the second is my "up" chart. The down chart is longer term and I based the up chart on the break of the downtrend (of course.)
Basically, the red diagonal lines and the black lines are resistance lines. The red bands are resistance/support and the green bands are "boosts" (usually).

On this first chart we are very close to resistance (red) just above current levels. But if we break that then resistance would be the double red band above and to the right.

You can see that the double green band acted as a spring to move up from. And now we are once again in it.
Being above the red diagonal line is significant. That was HEAVY resistance, so we are in a good place overall.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
eat_more_fruit

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:10:36 PM

TL; DR: We are at 650 in the beginning of July, 2014.

Looks like this particular prediction will come out right. On rpietila's time zone, it may even be exact.

But how long will the price stay at $650? It looks like it is just passing through on its way to higher ground. How high? I guess we need to know more about just what happened at the auction before saying much. But I take it the almighty floodgates will not open just yet; for that, we need the Lawsky announcement on NYS regulatory framework, followed by the SEC's on the Winklevoss ETF.  

On the heels of those two events, we will quickly be able to assess the accuracy of certain other, longer-term predictions.  

thefunkybits
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:21:30 PM

TL; DR: We are at 650 in the beginning of July, 2014.

Looks like this particular prediction will come out right. On rpietila's time zone, it may even be exact.

Risto is a boss, this is spooky accurate.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:48:29 PM

The going rate before the announcement was 650 so anything below is already a discount.

Well it looks like the coins at auction went for a premium. https://twitter.com/barrysilbert and https://twitter.com/BitcoinBreak/status/483698871802277889. The question now becomes: How big a premium?

One thing is becoming clear those who sold in anticipation of this auction are likely taking a loss. The question again becomes: How big a loss?

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:51:50 PM

The going rate before the announcement was 650 so anything below is already a discount.

Well it looks like the coins at auction went for a premium. https://twitter.com/barrysilbert and https://twitter.com/BitcoinBreak/status/483698871802277889. The question now becomes is how big a premium?

One thing is becoming clear those who sold in anticipation of this auction are likely taking a loss. The question again becomes how big a loss.

i think the question is more when do these people start to realize and panic buy?  Cheesy

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... 362 »
  Print  

Jump to: