Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:04:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... 362 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;)  (Read 907160 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MahaRamana

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:25:21 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2014, 01:38:59 PM by MahaRamana

For good measure I recommend throwing in some J. Krishnamurti into the trio as well. And of course, to "do" some of what the trio said - Yes, if you are open to it the Shamanistic plants that have been used for 10's of thousands of years and much safer that what the doctor gives you; Best way to switch O.S. systems, but not for the faint of heart. When you have the red pill, you can't "exactly" go back. (I've heard  Wink )

McKenna focused on direct experience and my understanding/observation is that we are nothing but philosophers and spewers of information without it. Go beyond it. We are led by the mind, which by definition is of the past and old (J. Krishnamurti). I still quote on occasion, but I hope the point is made.

Thumbs up to this !

In this increasingly atheist and anti-spiritual world, I highly recommend everyone to go through a few ayahuasca journeys. This is not a drug or hallucinogen, it's a tool that shifts the perception to more subtle frequencies of our soul. It shows us with great strength all the dark parts of our soul that remain unconscious in normal day to day consciousness. Perceiving our (eternal) vibrational nature is a first step to stop being led by the mind. Fixing the consciousness there permanently is the only way out of the mind matrix.
You might understand the facts explained by J. Krishnamurti, but unless you experience something beyond the mind - it won't make much concrete sense.

ItsAboutSharing says it is not for the faint of heart. I would say that the more shit you carry (in your soul), the more difficult it is, because you are put in front of all the shit and realise the hell in which you are. But if you are a saint, it barely affects you and just deepens your spiritual bliss. So it's not for the people who don't want to question the limits of their consciousness and experience of self and who think they are happy in their hell. Others will benefit immensely. In the end don't forget that you won't take your bitcoins with you in 30-50 years.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ErisDiscordia
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163

Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:10:10 PM

rpietila spirituality and philosophy observer thread Grin

It's all bullshit. But bullshit makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 04:14:49 PM

Bitcoin represents a systemic rebellion because it is "coded" money. The people living inside the coded virtual reality have now coded their own money to bypass existing structures. This dynamic is extremely fierce because multiple factors collide:

Thank you for this interesting perspective.

Robert Anton Wilson has said that the future war(s) will be between those who would like to program themselves vs. those who would like to program everybody else.

Thing is, it's not in the future. It's happening right now. All the programming bombardment is intended for this purpose. Those who can resist this programming are few and far between. This will change only as the percentage of those who can resist external programming rise in numbers and the species gets "security hardening" from the 100th monkey effect.

The ultimate form of programming and hacking, is the programming of the human mind. Few know how the mind is programmed and even fewer know how they are self-programming themselves every day through their actions.

For every action there is a subconscious programming routine that is performed automatically: When you steal, your subconscious observes the stealing act and says "Since I'm stealing, my creative capacities are obviously not very good - otherwise I'd be able to manage on my own... the fact that I'm stealing proves that I have inadequate creative capacities". This is programming the subconscious of the thief into a very strong self-affirmation of limitation and parasitism. Nothing good can come out of that. This dynamic is inescapable in human affairs and it will blow up in some way, at some time.

The way this dual mechanism works is very, very interesting. Hypnotists use it to pass “suggestions” as pre-suppositions. They say something to the subject that pre-supposes something else as being true. For example, “when you'll awake later on, you'll feel relaxed and refreshed”... When the hypnotist says what will happen after the subject is taken out of the hypnotic state, it actually implies to the subject's subconscious that he will be hypnotized - it is a "given". Otherwise the second part doesn't make sense – as it pre-supposes the validity of the first part, which “goes through” without much resistance.

Humanity at large is being programmed into inadequacy and limitation through this very mechanism as such pre-suppositions are so widespread that it is not even funny. For example, in a train platform I often hear “please mind the gap”, or “please mind your personal belongings”. What do these “suggestions” imply to my subconscious? Obviously, that I lack common sense and that I need to be treated like sheep. Same with some idiotic warnings in modern devices, or even cups of coffee that are supposed to warn us that hot coffee is... well... hot.

Even the new books given to children in schools are touted as “much better”, in the sense that they contain a lot of simple language, explanations, photos, diagrams – all supposed to explain things in a better way. Yet, the child's subconscious will re-act like that: “If I'm shown all these stuff in so many ways so that I can get a simple concept, then perhaps my intellectual capacity is not so good” - which then produces a generation of dumb kids. Same goes for TV and the masses when it tries to dumb-down the content so that the masses can supposedly understand it, which implies that they are too dumb to understand it in any other way.

Implied suggestions that work as trojan horses of self limitation are a very basic component of external programming that is not so apparent as media content. Some of these suggestions come in "nice boxes"  like "better books / education" or "government subsidies to the poor", which really intends to "lock" people into parasitic mentality. When everyone is feeding from the government it only takes a few decades to fully corrupt society and corrupt the ability of people to actually be creative and do something useful in their life. All under the guise of "helping the poor" - which in itself is a pretense. In the act of taking the money from the government, the individual is registering self-limiting beliefs that he is inadequate to create wealth on his own / he is a parasite - which is self-reinforced as a subconscious self-suggestion every time the act occurs.

The United States are the #1 state where external programming methods are being applied consistently, at a rate of 10-100x compared to elsewhere, although Europe is slowly catching up.
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 04:18:03 PM

Still finding coins on the street, btw, which was one of the exercises if I remember correctly ;-).

Me too. I found some tobacco and a caramelo yesterday!

Yes, Cosmic Coincidence Control Center works in mysterious ways. I keep getting haunted by the number 23. Can you imagine what was happening on FRIDAY the 23.5. this year? Pure chaos  Cheesy

23 is a nice number.
ErisDiscordia
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 04:54:05 PM

Bitcoin represents a systemic rebellion because it is "coded" money. The people living inside the coded virtual reality have now coded their own money to bypass existing structures. This dynamic is extremely fierce because multiple factors collide:

Thank you for this interesting perspective.

Robert Anton Wilson has said that the future war(s) will be between those who would like to program themselves vs. those who would like to program everybody else.

Thing is, it's not in the future. It's happening right now. All the programming bombardment is intended for this purpose. Those who can resist this programming are few and far between. This will change only as the percentage of those who can resist external programming rise in numbers and the species gets "security hardening" from the 100th monkey effect.

Yes you're absolutely right. This is going on today and has been going on even when Wilson said it decades ago. Spreading awareness of self-programming techniques is one of my self proclaimed goals. Just my tiny contribution towards reaching critical mass of 100 monkeys Smiley

Humanity at large is being programmed into inadequacy and limitation through this very mechanism as such pre-suppositions are so widespread that it is not even funny. For example, in a train platform I often hear “please mind the gap”, or “please mind your personal belongings”. What do these “suggestions” imply to my subconscious? Obviously, that I lack common sense and that I need to be treated like sheep. Same with some idiotic warnings in modern devices, or even cups of coffee that are supposed to warn us that hot coffee is... well... hot.

You make an excellent point in an eloquent way. It is frankly quite scary how deeply entrenched this programming has become over the course of the last 50 years or so. It loops back into one of my biggest criticisms of the status quo (and hierarchical systems in general) besides the blatant inefficiencies in its information flow - the absolution of the individual from responsibility for more and more segments of his/her life. Today our collective operating system (culture) insists that we are not to be responsible for basic things in our lives like the care for our elderly, the education of our children, our own health and mental well-being. It does so precisely by first instilling the suggestion (as you so aptly described) that we are not capable enough to handle these things on our own and should thus leave them to the supposed experts, who will handle them with competence and our best interest in mind. Of course this is a dangerous delusion in both assumptions: that the experts are capable and that they have our best interests in mind.

This has gone so far that nowadays voting for your representative constitutes "taking responsibility for our lives" in the eyes of many and any suggestion of the state leaving things like health care or social security alone is followed by the robotic assumption that the person making the suggestion must be against these things. We have lost even the capability of imagining them being truly in our hands instead of the hands of the experts/system/government. True freedom (and with it true responsibility) have moved beyond the reach of the imagination of too many people.

This is also why Bitcoin is so important. It teaches us how to take control of a very central aspect of our lives - our means of expressing value to each other. Because of this I expect the most important impact of Bitcoin to eventually be a transformation of culture, not just cheaper payments, or a re-boot of the financial system. Which are both important things but can't hold a candle to the potential transforming effect of individuals taking full responsibility for their financial affairs.

Happy to see such a high quality discussion!

Dotto
Legendary

Activity: 981
Merit: 1005

No maps for these territories

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:20:39 PM

The last thing I was thinking to read here is about ayahuasca, RAW and metaprogramation, all are subjects that I find fascinating. It´s refreshing to read such delightful reflexions in a sea of FBI auction will be cheaper or more expensive than...

By the way, did someone read Angel Tech by Antero Alli?. Long time waiting to have an traslation into spanish of that book.
ErisDiscordia
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:51:30 PM

The last thing I was thinking to read here is about ayahuasca, RAW and metaprogramation, all are subjects that I find fascinating. It´s refreshing to read such delightful reflexions in a sea of FBI auction will be cheaper or more expensive than...

By the way, did someone read Angel Tech by Antero Alli?. Long time waiting to have an traslation into spanish of that book.

Even though it is one of only three books I'm aware of which have been written (mainly) about the subject of the eight circuit model of consciousness I'm sad to say I didn't finish it (yet?). I found it sadly lacking in coherence and inferior to even Leary's Info psychology, which was the first book written on this subject and makes for an entertaining read. Prometheus rising remains the benchmark to be surpassed.

tupelo

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:43:30 PM

My goodness it is utterly fantastic how life brings people together. Never have I met anyone in RL who was interested or even knew about McKenna, RAW, Angel-Tech etc.
Now here we are brought together by bitcoin.

This is a meta-society of strangely advanced characters. All drawn to one place from angles that could not be more multifaceted. Connected via ever intrigued minds that search to dive deeper and deeper in the various layers of existence and travel the most complex connecting routes.

This is perhaps the most bullish sign for bitcoin, for me personally at least.
Eventually what truth do you have but the essence of your self? And if you find convincing evidence that significant similarities gather at one specific place than how could you not also partake!
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:45:37 PM

It's only when other people than me start threads with "rpietila" in the header, then my victory is complete Wink

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:03:03 AM

bitcoinwisdom auto-scale doesn't like me:

anyone know how to fix the scaling so I can actually see bars?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Shak

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:05:36 AM

play with "settings" -> "depth range"

for 1 minute max zoom you should switch it off, but even then you wouldn't see a lot more than right now
Mervyn_Pumpkinhead
Legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:26:12 PM

It's only when other people than me start threads with "rpietila" in the header, then my victory is complete Wink

You yourself, already started a thread with my name in the header. So, you have a lot to learn, noob.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ░         ░                 ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓░     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ░▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░▓▓▓   ▓▓▓░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Totle: DEX Aggregator 

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▓███    █████   
                    █     ▓█▒   █   
                   ██       ██▒██   
                   █                
            █████████████           
   ████████░             ░████████  
  █░ ░██                     ▒█▒  ██
  █░██     ░▓▓▓▒      ▓▓▓▒     ░█ ██
   ██      ▒▓▓▓▓     ▒▓▓▓▓      ██  
   ██        ░░        ░░       ▒█  
    █░                          █   
     █▓      ██░      ██░     ░█    
       ██░       ████      ░██      
          ████████████████    

▄▄████
                ▄▄▄████████▌
          ▄▄▄███████▀▄█████
     ▄▄█████████▀▀ ▄██████▌
▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████
 ▀▀▀█████▀    ▄██████████▌
       ██   █████████████
        █▄ █████████████▌
        ▐█▄███▀▀████████
         ███▀    ▀▀████▌
                    ▀▀█
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:04:38 PM

In Adam's thread, I posted this, but I'm looking for actual rational intelligent feedback on updated BTC risk factors, so I repost here:

On a scale of 0 to 100, my risk factors are something like this:

Satoshi coins - .001% probability or less, impact 10, duration 3 = .0003
ECDSA vulnerability - .01% or less, impact 10, duration 2 = .002
Implementation vulnerability - 1% or less, impact 8, duration 1 = .008
Bitstamp defection - .1% or less, impact 8, duration 2 = .016
Social apocalypse - 1% or less, impact 6, duration 10 = .6
Mining centralization - 5% or less, impact 5, duration 5 = 1.25
Nuclear war - 2% or less, impact 8, duration 10 = 1.6
US AML Fungibility crisis - 20% or less, impact 9, duration 10 = 18
unknown unknown - NaN

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
pa

Activity: 528
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:13:02 PM

In Adam's thread, I posted this, but I'm looking for actual rational intelligent feedback on updated BTC risk factors, so I repost here:

unknown unknown - NaN

Is your scale really 0 to 100 or 0 to 10? Looks a bit off to me. . .
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:21:10 PM

Is your scale really 0 to 100 or 0 to 10? Looks a bit off to me. . .

The maximum possible score is 100% probability * 10 impact * 10 duration.

I'm looking for things that could lead to a "bitcoin is dead" consensus over the next 365 days, and trying to exclude all else.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
kdrop22

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:29:00 PM

unknown unknown - NaN

What is your timeframe for probabilities. If you have a long enough time frame 2 to 5 years, I would assign greater probabilities to - Implementation vulnerability(>1%) and ECDSA (>0.01%).
Queeq

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 07:38:35 PM

Isn't nuclear war probability too big? Impact would also depend on its scale.
Bagatell

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 07:47:45 PM

And if you include nuclear war shouldn't you also include Harrington events, meteor impacts, plague, famine, etc?
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 07:53:29 PM

And if you include nuclear war shouldn't you also include Harrington events, meteor impacts, plague, famine, etc?

I think you mean Carrington events: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_storm_of_1859

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:03:00 PM

I have an atypical view on this.  I think a Russian first strike is far more likely than just about anybody thinks, and getting likelier.  Any scale which would kill me I don't worry about, and just average the rest.

Pages: « 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... 362 »
  Print  

Jump to: