Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:37:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [274] 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 ... 563 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SCRYPT] KlondikeCoin ★ Cryptsy.com ★ Prepaid VISA Cards ★ 0% Premine [KDC]  (Read 554373 times)
gutshot5820

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 11:41:53 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 11:53:06 PM by gutshot5820

Kinda funny to sit at Coinmarket and see the SMC rush,keeps me woundering tho what do they have that we don't? and i can't fig it out  Huh
The cause of all this?  Dilution. plain and simple.  There is more than double the total amount of KDC coins available on the market today as there was when KDC reached 40,000.  There will be three more times KDC in the market when KDC reaches halving in two months time.  Based on our current market cap of $350,000, the market cap of KDC will have to increase by $1,000,000 just to maintain it's current price.  If the market cap stays the same, with the level of dilution we are seeing everyday, the price of Klondike will fall to 2,500-3,500 by the time we start halving.

I disagree... CATcoin has the same number of coins as KDC and CATcoin is trading at $0.26 and hit more then $1 a few days ago. We have a good number of miners, and this for a coin that is already 3weeks old, one week ago there was panic, we need to do something as KDC is dying... KDC is not dying and you cannot control the coinprice. Be smart and buy low. If you believe in the coin then you don't need to change anything. 20M coins is not a lot, so reducing the number of coins would be stupid, why do you need to let the market decide what needs to be done with a coin. KDC has a plan, they are working on their plan, and i'm pretty happy with the prices now, as i know when we are getting closer to block halvering we will not trade at 3500 what you're suggesting but at 20,000. This is a coin that should reach a marketcap of 20M. Not today, not tomorrow, not next month, maybe next year or in 2 or 3 years.

We all have to wait and see I suppose.  I do disagree with your point in the comparison to CATcoin though,  Current market cap and same number of coins does not reflect the rate of dilution and you are missing my point entirely.  CATcoin will have a total of 21 million coins compared to 19,948,654 for Klondike.  And that's where the similarity ends.  Klondike's block reward is 77 KDC every minute = 110,880 newly minted coins a day. CATcoin is 50 CAT every 10 minutes = 7,200 newly minted coins a day.  So your math is completely off base.  As you can see we are diluting our investments at 15.4x the rate of CATcoin.  I  consider even 2-3x excessive, but 15x is probably the most diluted coin in altworld.  Is there any wonder why no matter how hard we try to attack the price, we get swamped by severe dumping every night?

I will say this again, the three year model to maturity works against the coin in the short-term.  The rate of dilution with KDC's is incredible.  I will add one positive note though, the level of difficulty should increase rapidly in comparison to other coins because of its short life span.  That being said. in the short-term, it is a bad investment, but right before the next difficulty we should see rapid rise in price as more of the total KDC's in proportion to the total will be mined.  This looks to be a long-term hold before we see the true benefits of its short life span.  In short term we will get pounded by the increase in dilution and in the long-term we should see an increase in price because less of the total amount of KDC will be available to be mined in a short time.  This is all theoretical of course and nothing is out of the realm of possibility when it comes to altcoins.  I do have a nasty habit of clicking the buy button whenever the price falls beow 10,000.  MUST RESIST.... Smiley

EDIT:  If you have to put the price of KDC and the rate of dilution on a graph you would probably see a decline in pricing all the way to the first halving and then see a rapid rising of the price after each halving from thereon.  So, accumulating more KDC's at every price point doesn't seem like a bad idea.  Once the halving starts, we should start seeing an increase in pricing.  In six months, after the second halving, there will be only 27,000 coins mined per day.  In a year, it will be 7,000..etc and then on will truly be one of the rarest coins.  It will have the opposite effect we are experiencing right now.

Come to think of it, right now before the halving is the only time you will be able to accumulate any amount of KDC because of its short life span.  So, in retrospect.  This is interesting.  I guess I am back to plan A.  I'm buying as much as I can now before the halving.  Smiley
Sparkzor

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 11:43:49 PM

Sooner halving and then less coins I can agree on. But not just half the reward, that would make the whole idea behind the coin ruined!

Already bought for almost 0.5BTC today, I'm buying for 0.2 more. Dump to 9k sat then up to 40, please!
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:00:30 AM

Kinda funny to sit at Coinmarket and see the SMC rush,keeps me woundering tho what do they have that we don't? and i can't fig it out  Huh
The cause of all this?  Dilution. plain and simple.  There is more than double the total amount of KDC coins available on the market today as there was when KDC reached 40,000.  There will be three more times KDC in the market when KDC reaches halving in two months time.  Based on our current market cap of $350,000, the market cap of KDC will have to increase by $1,000,000 just to maintain it's current price.  If the market cap stays the same, with the level of dilution we are seeing everyday, the price of Klondike will fall to 2,500-3,500 by the time we start halving.

I disagree... CATcoin has the same number of coins as KDC and CATcoin is trading at $0.26 and hit more then $1 a few days ago. We have a good number of miners, and this for a coin that is already 3weeks old, one week ago there was panic, we need to do something as KDC is dying... KDC is not dying and you cannot control the coinprice. Be smart and buy low. If you believe in the coin then you don't need to change anything. 20M coins is not a lot, so reducing the number of coins would be stupid, why do you need to let the market decide what needs to be done with a coin. KDC has a plan, they are working on their plan, and i'm pretty happy with the prices now, as i know when we are getting closer to block halvering we will not trade at 3500 what you're suggesting but at 20,000. This is a coin that should reach a marketcap of 20M. Not today, not tomorrow, not next month, maybe next year or in 2 or 3 years.

Again, prices are heavily tied to mining difficulty.  I copied this right off a CAT mining pool page:  anonymous   13,025   220.439  so this miner is only getting 220 catcoin daily mining at 13 mh/s ...so yes they should be trading way higher.
adversor

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:28:00 AM

If any lesson can be learned from the success of dogecoin it is that good marketing and the size of the community have way more to do with a coins value than things like dilution rate, number of coins mined each day, etc. etc. 

Well said. That's the secret of success.

LISK Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
Squeegie

Activity: 98

Mine for your life

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 12:38:07 AM

Lets get words about the KDC store out to the public  Smiley

brother3

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:58:19 AM

Forget Cryptsy...This is how you make money!!!  Grin

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Klondike-Coin-Crypto-Coins-Currency-Digital-Currency-Similar-LTC-BTC-/251444109287?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a8b3c9fe7

Disclaimer: This is not me....I was gonna do this for Klondike publicity on Ebay but some bloke beat me to it!!!

I want some 'fess....Who did it???   Shocked Cheesy
Squeegie

Activity: 98

Mine for your life

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 01:10:11 AM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Klondike-Coin-Crypto-Coins-Currency-Digital-Currency-Similar-LTC-BTC-/251444109287?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a8b3c9fe7

Disclaimer: This is not me....I was gonna do this for Klondike publicity on Ebay but some bloke beat me to it!!!

Shipping:
$36.51 (approx. 237.15 SEK) International Priority Shipping to Sweden

Nice deal,i wounder what they look like  Tongue Roll Eyes

hoju2k

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:16:11 AM

Hey, it is priority shipping. You gotta pay for that  Grin
xspeed9190

Activity: 189

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:21:31 AM

I sold a few 100K doogecoins on ebay.  They are cracking down and cancelling auctions left and right.  Do this wish caution.  I think its safer if you do the paper wallet auctions and dont say it will be send to your address.  Sort that out after the auction is over.

BTC:19vSvHFzpFegJJsqCnkXTSPQF4UE3Vsm6i
gutshot5820

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:45:33 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2014, 01:55:55 AM by gutshot5820

If any lesson can be learned from the success of dogecoin it is that good marketing and the size of the community have way more to do with a coins value than things like dilution rate, number of coins mined each day, etc. etc.

Forking the coin and changing block rewards or halving schedule at this point would probably do way more harm than good. It seems that to many people in this community are just wanting to get that quick buck so they constantly shits their pants at the swings that probably every other coin went through during this stage of development (remember this coins age is still measured in weeks and not months, lets keep that in mind before we start shouting that the sky is falling or asking the devs to voluntarily fork the coin.)

If people want to be proactive and do something to benefit the coin then they should be donating coins so that the dev's can use it to hire people to develop new features or market the coin and add real value instead of inducing a one time artificial bubble that will allow those who want the quick buck to sell off their stash.

There is nothing wrong with making a suggestion here or there, in the end the devs are going to do what they feel is best regardless of anybody's suggestion or comments.  People have been making donations on here for various purposes, how much have you donated?

To compare KDC to Dogecoin is ridiculous.  The investment dynamics of both coins are vastly different.  The community support for Klondike has been fantastic already.  If anything, the lesson to be learned here is that when a coin is on a three year path to maturity, we should expect a different type of return on our investment.  People are expecting KDC to climb to $1-2 at any time.  What I'm suggesting is that it's not going to happen to KDC in the way people are expecting because of the 3 yr path and the supply/demand dynamics.  We have already had many attempted and failed attacks at higher prices in spite of incredible community support.

That suggests to me that there is way too much supply and dilution in the early stages of this coin.  In 99% of the coins out there, you would be correct that the size of the community and marketing is the most important factor.  KDC is the outlier.  The vast rate of dilution before the first halving up to the second/third halving, makes the ability of the immediate price of KDC to rise steadily very difficult (not impossible).  It does have a very severe impact on the pricing of KDC in the initial stages compared to other coins.  KDC is very unique this way.  You can choose to ignore it if you want, but thats not going to stop 110,000 KDC's being mined every day and then dumped into the market until the first halving.  As I said before, for comparison CATcoin has only 7.200 coins being added daily.

The good news is, as I said in my previous post, conversely after the third or fourth halving, due to the three year path to maturity, there will be increasingly less and less KDC's available to be mined and dilution will fall off at an equally rapid pace that they are being mined atm.  KDC should fall in price until the halving reaches a turning point in supply/demand, but once it turns the price should rise rapidly.  So IMO short-term before the first and second halving is really the only time you will be able to accumulate any decent amount of KDC as the halving on a three yr pace will make KDC's increasing rare at a rapid pace.  This makes KDC the most unique coin out there and is an outlier.  Therefore, we should not expect the price dynamic to follow other coins.  Short term dilution = lower price and easier to accumulate.  Long term minimal dilution = rapid increase in price and difficult to mine,  

I apologize if I have offended anyone.  I'm just trying to analyze KDC and the effects of a 3 yr maturity.  I'm probably wrong LOL, but part of the entertainment for me is the analyzing and being part of the growth of KDC.  Nobody should be investing enough that it would upset you if KDC went to zero anyways.  I want KDC to be successful as much or more than anyone.   My goal is to accumulate 100,000 KDC before the next halving.  So, Im still pressing the buy button whenever there is a good opportunity to buy low.  Good luck everyone.
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 02:52:23 AM

KDC needs a good pump in response to Maxcoin and the others trying to come by.. just my opinion. Thanks
roctiv

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:02:44 AM

I am very happy to know that many people believe in the KDC, regardless of all the spoken, good or bad, the KDC will be very strong in the future ... and what matters is the future and not the present. (Grain by grain the hen fills her belly).

I am very happy for all these comments!!
roctiv

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:10:02 AM

gutshot5820, greatly appreciated your words!
aimnano

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:22:52 AM

https://pool.chunky.ms/doge/site_assets/chunky/img/chunky_small_2.png

Hey Klondike Coin thread, looking for a place to mine KDC? Come strike it rich with us at Chunky Pool!

Here's a little more info:

• Brand new dashboard/homepage!
  • 0% fees forever, not just "for now"
  • SSL encryption
  • Custom MPOS layout
  • Support and a wonderful community @ irc.freenode.net #chunky
  • We are equipped to withstand thousands of workers
  • Excellent stability and uptime

We also provide many other coin pools and even have a coin-switching multi-port that switches between coins to maximize profitability!

One account fits all
We have modified MPOS to provide a multipool experience. You only have to create one account, and that account is shared among all of our coin instances. Unlike some other multipools, and since we're on top of MPOS, we offer you complete transparency about provided shares, found blocks and much more!

Pools
  • Dogecoin - port 3333
  • Earthcoin - port 3334
  • RonPaulCoin - port 3335
  • Lottocoin - port 3336
  • Stablecoin - port 3337
  • 42coin - port 3338
  • Digibyte - port 3339
  • Litecoin - port 3340
  • Klondikecoin - port 3341
  • Leafcoin - port 3342
  • Potcoin - port 4200
  • Multiport - port 6666

And perhaps the biggest reason of all: we are miners just like you. We started this pool because we were sick of trying to find pools that didn't go down all the time. We are committed to making a better mining environment for you and for ourselves.

https://pool.chunky.ms/
gates

Activity: 167

Revolutionising KYC Services

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 04:19:14 AM

You like that ehh Tongue Don't really recommend it but figured it would help get klondike out there. Don't normally let sales actually go through; the few I sold the guy had extremely good feedback for buying other alt coins. A paper wallet would probably be the safest way to handle one of these transactions if you were to do it.

brother3

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 04:30:54 AM

You like that ehh Tongue Don't really recommend it but figured it would help get klondike out there. Don't normally let sales actually go through; the few I sold the guy had extremely good feedback for buying other alt coins. A paper wallet would probably be the safest way to handle one of these transactions if you were to do it.

And the reason for that is?
adversor

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 04:43:29 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2014, 05:07:18 AM by adversor

btw, what about the logo?

It does not looks bad, but a bit more polish, contrast and presence would be nice.

Many ppl can do design and 3d rendering, we just have to ask and offer some bounty, maybe a competition.

As someone mentioned, on my website altcoinstats.com KDC logo looks a little paltry between the others. Okay, Karmacoin logo is also no eye catcher until now.

adversor

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 04:45:02 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2014, 04:56:33 AM by adversor

Forget Cryptsy...This is how you make money!!!  Grin

I want some 'fess....Who did it???   Shocked Cheesy

think ebay restrictions if nothing is sent. But not sure.

gates

Activity: 167

Revolutionising KYC Services

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 04:59:21 AM

So you have tracking info but even then not really recommended since Ebay/Paypal still don't like cryptos. Lost a lot once selling Litecoins that way 1.8K of them; one of the reasons I'm trying to get btcgigs going because I hate reversals when your selling things legitimately.

jsteelbeam

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:02:47 AM

There is nothing wrong with making a suggestion here or there, in the end the devs are going to do what they feel is best regardless of anybody's suggestion or comments.  People have been making donations on here for various purposes, how much have you donated?

To compare KDC to Dogecoin is ridiculous.  The investment dynamics of both coins are vastly different.  The community support for Klondike has been fantastic already.  If anything, the lesson to be learned here is that when a coin is on a three year path to maturity, we should expect a different type of return on our investment.  People are expecting KDC to climb to $1-2 at any time.  What I'm suggesting is that it's not going to happen to KDC in the way people are expecting because of the 3 yr path and the supply/demand dynamics.  We have already had many attempted and failed attacks at higher prices in spite of incredible community support.

That suggests to me that there is way too much supply and dilution in the early stages of this coin.  In 99% of the coins out there, you would be correct that the size of the community and marketing is the most important factor.  KDC is the outlier.  The vast rate of dilution before the first halving up to the second/third halving, makes the ability of the immediate price of KDC to rise steadily very difficult (not impossible).  It does have a very severe impact on the pricing of KDC in the initial stages compared to other coins.  KDC is very unique this way.  You can choose to ignore it if you want, but thats not going to stop 110,000 KDC's being mined every day and then dumped into the market until the first halving.  As I said before, for comparison CATcoin has only 7.200 coins being added daily.

I totally agree with this.  The downward pressure on the price is HUGE for the near term.  As an investor, I'm not buying until the 0.00000400 range.  Too many coins hitting the market.
Pages: « 1 ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [274] 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 ... 563 »
  Print  

Jump to: