Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:06:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 [1013] 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055610 times)
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 04:06:04 AM

Anyways back to topic. I do believe the commercial adoption and marketing of the coin is very important and something lacking. I am sure Jared has a plan and do believe the investment of 250K is real and valid. No doubt there. I was speaking about this to a colleague of mine. If you have the best burger in town and believe it can take significant market share, but nobody knows about it, how will you accomplish that? You won't. There are many great products and services out there that die due to high burn rate and not enough customer adoption.

The flip side of the coin is McDonalds. It clearly doesn't have the most healthiest and best burger, but people keep buying! WHY? Convenience, ease, location, marketing!

Need to apply this to DGB and make a stand. Too many global events going on to really push DGB to the forefront. Just need to think how can we do that with mainstream versus the smaller digital currency community.

Just my two cents.

YC

+1

i fully agree. Digibyte needs to be marketed out. First Step.
And then, its all down to ease of use, convenience and location (accessibility and places to spend it).

The Digibyte Team is tackling all of that right now. DigiSpeed, Marketing, DigibyteGaming Wallet, etc. If you ask me, they could use some additional manpower considering the amount of work they need to do. Otherwise, we can only give them time and try our best to be patient and do our part as a DGB community. If Jared can't keep us updated every week or 2, i hope he can at least keep in touch with those well known members of DGB. like haliyno and 24hralttrade. they can spend time reading and commenting on the forum while Jared can cater all his time to the development and work for Digibyte.

lots of work to be done since Digibyte is aiming for the number one spot. Most of the core aspects of Digibyte were in the works last year and its still being work on to further improve it to keep up with the competition BUT mainly to be ready for global use. most of the new stuff we see this year were probably started on around the beginning of this year.

We can do our part as a community. And that is to create a lot of good noise for DGB. a lot of demand from other services to adopt DGB. so when DGB is ready to be fully launched, there's going to be a lot of services that we can use DGB for. Over the past 2 months (May and June), i have witnessed that several services have begun to adopt DGB thanks to the community itself. And it is still not enough.

Whether its Twitter, Facebook or any other social media, spread the word and keep hashtagging. keep the DGB Activity alive. the more it appears, the better. if you need to hashtag some weird tags, go ahead. people will be thinking "what is this 'Digibyte' thing doing here!?". Chances are, they are going to check it out. Even if they don't, we have at least succeeded in making them KNOW about something called Digibyte. After that, all it takes is just one more incident of DGB appearing in their lives like maybe one of their friends suddenly talks about Digibyte and BAM! It will stir their curiosity the hell out until they find out more about Digibyte.

we all know Jared is heading in the right direction. its just gonna be a slightly longer journey than some of us had expected.
Keep riding DGB folks.

+1

Thank you everyone for your support and kind words! We are here and we are working hard on several things. As stated numerous times over the last 1.5 + years we are in this for the long haul. Right now we can use all the help we can get to keep pushing things forward on all fronts.

All of us know the # one thing we are lacking right now is marketing. In order to help us push forward on this we would like all of you to help us formulate a list of DigiTweets we can actively start putting out on twitter. These tweets can be scheduled ahead of time and are very effective at bringing in new users and interested parties.

An example of this can be found here: https://twitter.com/DigiByteCoin/status/599492595396444160

In the mean time if anyone would like to prepare videos, images, memes or anything else people might find interesting or have ideas for this please let us know. We are focusing are efforts on developing additional infrastructure and business relationships that will bring utility to DigiByte. Things are coming together and we are very optimistic for the future of DigiByte!

Cheers everyone!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Altcoinfanatic

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:21:03 AM

1) DigiByte block timing will increase from 30 seconds to 15 seconds.

Don't you mean decrease? When do you expect it to be ready Jared?

Hi Altcoinfanatic,  You've asked a lot of questions recently.  I'm sure that Jared will address them the next time he has a chance to respond to posts.  Welcome to our discussion.  I'm going to do my best to answer a couple of your questions:

The Digispeed hard fork was announced earlier this year.  They are working on it.  It is complex and Jared has stated several times that they are taking their time to get everything right.  There is not yet an official date for when it will be released ... I'm anticipating late this year early next year.

About the language in item 1 of the Digispeed announcement.  "DigiByte block timing will increase from 30 seconds to 15 seconds."  Because there will be more blocks per minute I think it's fine to describe it as an increase.

If you look at item #5, it clearly states that the DGB rewards will stay on track.  In other words, the overall mining rewards will not change.  I assume if there are more blocks - at a greater frequency - the mining rewards per block will be reduced proportionally.  For instance, if there are twice as many blocks per minute, each block has half as much reward, but the overall rewards stay the same.

I'm not really sure how to answer the question about the mining rate doubling up?  DGB is a great coin to mine.  I suppose ofter the DigiSpeed fork, maybe the mining rate will increase.  However, technically speaking, the numbers of miners is not related to the block timing.

A little history about the node map and digistats:  In early spring 2015, esotericizm began working on the node map.  It was a project that he was working on in his free time.  Then, in late May people began work on the  DigiStats site.  Esotericizm also was part of the team working on DigiStats.  Therefore, they decided to include the node map in Digistats instead of having 2 different sites.  Digistats launched (officialy) about 2 weeks ago.  HOWEVER, at the time of the launch, they made an announcement that the node map and certain aspects of the block explorer were not fully implemented, and would be finalized soon.

As a result, the node map on DigiStats indicates that there are 14 active nodes.  But, it's not accurate.  It's not fully implemented.  There are way more than 14 active nodes.  It's hard to say exactly how many nodes there are right now ... but the number was right around 3000, or slightly higher.  

I have nothing but respect for the guys working on DigiStats.  It's a huge project and requires enormous development labor and upkeep.  But, just to be clear, the current node map on DigiStats is not accurate.  So, your friends who are telling you that there are only 14-20 active nodes are using bad information.  If I could give you an exact number, I would ... but, I think it's safe to assume we are still around 3000 nodes (give or take), and I'm sure that DigiStats will be a great long term benefit to DGB.

You also asked for transparency about the $250,000 investment.   And, you asked if Jared would disclose the details of the investment to trusted members of the community.  I guess I don't quite understand what you mean?  Like, are you asking if he'll send them a copy of the check so they can tell you it was real?  I don't believe that it is Jared's responsibility to disclose his private business details with anyone.  Buying a few DGB or mining DGB does not give any of us the right to demand or expect that Jared share his private business plans with us.  Jared is one of them most engaged, dedicated, and professional devs of any altcoin.  I think he already pretty much sets the bar in that arena.

Jared disclosed the basic information of the investment to the whole community in late 2014.  He, and the DGB development team formed a strategic partnership with Tofu Gear in Hong Kong.  One of the first things they did is release an iOS wallet in the Apple store.  They have been working on the DGB Gaming (the DGB Gaming Wallet is currently available). And, as I understand it, those are just the beginning.  They are working and developing.  There are some really exciting opportunities and projects for the future of DGB.

Hi EPLDCC,

thank you so much for your feedback! I am looking forward to Jared's response to my questions. I hope it is allowed to ask questions to Jared and wish to get answers from him directly?
Altcoinfanatic

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:28:01 AM

Simply unbelievable...

Like I told everyone here months ago: Run, don't walk, from this thing...

But since you just choose not to, have what you so fully deserve. In spades.

Go away troll! Jared is one of the best dev in the world!
Jared, if you have time could you please address all my questions? Looking forward to it.
I am with Digibyte because of you so i think it is fair that i want a answer from you because i believe you.
Altcoinfanatic

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:55:18 AM

P.S. Where is our Community Liaison BTW?   Smiley

Here,Here! reading up on everything now but not gonna feed the .....
Jared is really busy atm and i sayd to him that there are some questions that needs attention on this forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3HQMbQAWRc

Hi!
Thank you very much! I understand that Jared is really busy, as long as he addresses them i am fine with it. My friends are willing to invest in Digibyte (they read here also but not registerered) but only if the master Jared himself answers them. They are also Jared believers, they only want answers from him and they also can wait patiently.
Thanks for bringing this to Jared's attention. Jared, i see you replied on some other guy. Can my questions get some love also?  Smiley
MemberCount+1

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:58:47 AM

Jared is one of the best dev in the world!
best community, best guys, best currency, best dev, best team, best price... Who finds the mistake? Only the market regulates who is the best, and everybody knows the situation. DGB is on place 61 http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/all/ this is not the "best" and if it continues like atm the market cap goes down to 250k, this is very bad. but people still share "+1" again and again, this is a little bit crazy.

please, a little bit more realism ...

As a result, the node map on DigiStats indicates that there are 14 active nodes.  But, it's not accurate.  It's not fully implemented.  There are way more than 14 active nodes.  It's hard to say exactly how many nodes there are right now ... but the number was right around 3000, or slightly higher.

screenshot, tcp-connection-list, ip-list ... something which confirms this.
bogglor

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

DigiByte? Yes!

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 11:04:09 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2015, 11:43:46 AM by bogglor

As a result, the node map on DigiStats indicates that there are 14 active nodes.  But, it's not accurate.  It's not fully implemented.  There are way more than 14 active nodes.  It's hard to say exactly how many nodes there are right now ... but the number was right around 3000, or slightly higher.

A node is someone with an open wallet that has the full blockchain downloaded, which can communicate with other wallets.

Here's one way to get a list (it won't be a complete list of all nodes).

Open the core wallet. Leave it open for awhile. The longer you do, the more nodes you will get.

I opened mine for an hour and got 51 nodes. (Not everyone keeps their wallet open all the time, and you aren't going to communicate with all of them that are currently open).

When you have waited as long as you want, go to your digibyte data directory. It should be c:/users/<yourloginname>/appdata/roaming/digibyte

There will be a file called debug.log

In that file will be a bunch of data about blocks and such, several lines will look like this:
2015-07-03 11:55:46 receive version message: /DigiByte:3.0.3/: version 70002, blocks=987677, us=(your IP), them=73.198.40.189:12024, peer=73.198.40.189:12024

All you need to do is sort out these lines and count how many "them" IP addresses are unique.

My current miner setup: Linux - Ubuntu 12.04, Two 1.3Mh/s Scrypt ASICs, Two Radeon HD 7850 GPU mining different algos (usually qubit or skein).
Click here for my DGB Address QR code.   DGB Address: D6ZLjbSWu2mse3EqtoSn93nFrJ85wPKBF5
I have the DGB Gaming Wallet on my Galaxy S6
niki25
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 11:52:48 AM

This thread is getting hotter every day, nice conversations taking place here. I will be reading them during this days. The price is still going lower
halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 12:05:05 PM

I suggest all those who have Twitter, share Jared's tweet and PIN it: https://twitter.com/DigiByteCoin/status/599492595396444160
esotericizm

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 01:01:15 PM

A node is someone with an open wallet that has the full blockchain downloaded, which can communicate with other wallets.

Open the core wallet. Leave it open for awhile. The longer you do, the more nodes you will get.

I opened mine for an hour and got 51 nodes. (Not everyone keeps their wallet open all the time, and you aren't going to communicate with all of them that are currently open).

When you have waited as long as you want, go to your digibyte data directory. It should be c:/users/<yourloginname>/appdata/roaming/digibyte

In that file will be a bunch of data about blocks and such, several lines will look like this:
2015-07-03 11:55:46 receive version message: /DigiByte:3.0.3/: version 70002, blocks=987677, us=(your IP), them=73.198.40.189:12024, peer=73.198.40.189:12024

All you need to do is sort out these lines and count how many "them" IP addresses are unique.

Typically you would still only be able to reach a fraction of the network using the above method. You also should be forwarding port 14022 through your router and adding the line "maxconnections=100" to your digibyte.conf

The idea behind the map on digistats is similar to that of https://getaddr.bitnodes.io The reason its taken me so long is that there is no existing implementation of the getaddr protocol message for javascript (atleast that I know of) so that means I've had to implement much of the code myself. I also need to filter out nodes that are of no use to the network but are still able to join it which for instance are android nodes, bitcore nodes and nodes running an incompatible protocol version. The earlier version of digimap did include these nodes so the actual count is more than likely going to be lower than was advertised.

Currently the map does not search out any extra nodes but you can actually search for a specific node and it will then be added to the database by using the following API call
"http://digistats.info/api/nodes/search/<ip>" if digistats can connect to that node you will then be presented information about that node (version, subversion, height, geoip data). As an example I just manually added the node "111.107.49.171" so the map now displays 16 nodes.

Like I said its a fairly ambitious project and it will take some time for me to perfect all the different parts and my current focus is improving the explorer and API.
esotericizm

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 01:14:44 PM

Jared is one of the best dev in the world!
best community, best guys, best currency, best dev, best team, best price... Who finds the mistake? Only the market regulates who is the best, and everybody knows the situation. DGB is on place 61 http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/all/ this is not the "best" and if it continues like atm the market cap goes down to 250k, this is very bad. but people still share "+1" again and again, this is a little bit crazy.

And thus why altcoin markets and marketcap can actually be very damaging. A large percentage of those coins are riding the hype train and have done next to nothing in terms of actual developments. I could be working on 3rd party developments for alot of those coins but I choose digibyte because Jared and the team have proven themselves able to deliver time and time again.
CryptoRaver

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 01:40:16 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2015, 02:20:07 PM by CryptoRaver

Typically you would still only be able to reach a fraction of the network using the above method. You also should be forwarding port 14022 through your router and adding the line "maxconnections=100" to your digibyte.conf

The idea behind the map on digistats is similar to that of https://getaddr.bitnodes.io The reason its taken me so long is that there is no existing implementation of the getaddr protocol message for javascript (atleast that I know of) so that means I've had to implement much of the code myself. I also need to filter out nodes that are of no use to the network but are still able to join it which for instance are android nodes, bitcore nodes and nodes running an incompatible protocol version. The earlier version of digimap did include these nodes so the actual count is more than likely going to be lower than was advertised.

Currently the map does not search out any extra nodes but you can actually search for a specific node and it will then be added to the database by using the following API call
"http://digistats.info/api/nodes/search/<ip>" if digistats can connect to that node you will then be presented information about that node (version, subversion, height, geoip data). As an example I just manually added the node "111.107.49.171" so the map now displays 16 nodes.

Like I said its a fairly ambitious project and it will take some time for me to perfect all the different parts and my current focus is improving the explorer and API.

How much lower by hundreds or thousands?
Altcoinfanatic

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 02:19:17 PM

I also need to filter out nodes that are of no use to the network but are still able to join it which for instance are android nodes, bitcore nodes and nodes running an incompatible protocol version. The earlier version of digimap did include these nodes so the actual count is more than likely going to be lower than was advertised.

Quality developer speaking here!
Not afraid of telling the truth and admitting that the advertised nodes count was false. This gentleman is how transparant things must be done.
Can you please not avoid these question and be honest and tell me that the actual usuable nodes are not exceeding 100 nodes? So it is actual thousands lower?
Your honesty just made me but more Digibyte! Glad to have you in Digibyte.

I hoped that Jared would step forward with this information himself as he is my great hero.
TamiLee

Activity: 637

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 02:24:24 PM

Simply unbelievable...

Jared, if you have time could you please address all my questions? Looking forward to it.
I am with Digibyte because of you so i think it is fair that i want a answer from you because i believe you.

Since when is Jared the developer of DGB? He is the owner, not the developer. He never said once he was the developer of DGB.
CryptoRaver

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 03:43:31 PM

I also need to filter out nodes that are of no use to the network but are still able to join it which for instance are android nodes, bitcore nodes and nodes running an incompatible protocol version. The earlier version of digimap did include these nodes so the actual count is more than likely going to be lower than was advertised.

Not afraid of telling the truth and admitting that the advertised nodes count was false. This gentleman is how transparant things must be done.
Can you please not avoid these question and be honest and tell me that the actual usuable nodes are not exceeding 100 nodes? So it is actual thousands lower?

I hoped that Jared would step forward with this information himself as he is my great hero.

If this is true then i hope he tell us and send out a tweet or post here that he was wrong
so a lot of members include me can retweet it or to tell ouwer followers
the trued, i have a lot of respected followers in twitter and i bet others to!
we send out many tweets and posts on btctalk (were half over the size of the btc network)
the reason i send +- 350k to the digistats developers was because of the node story that i wanna
to use as a marketing tool. right now i feel sick because they think we are
scammers spreading false information.i really don't understand why we not pull back in the first
place when we spreading this news?

Again a few less it's not a problem but if we have just around 100 nodes then we need to correct it!

esotericizm

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 04:26:37 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2015, 04:49:53 PM by esotericizm

If this is true then i hope he tell us and send out a tweet or post here that he was wrong
we send out many tweets and posts on btctalk (were half over the size of the btc network)
the reason i send +- 350k to the digistats developers was because of the node story that i wanna
scammers spreading false information.i really don't understand why we not pull back in the first

Again a few less it's not a problem but if we have just around 100 nodes then we need to correct it!

Lets set a few things straight. Digistats is my project not Jared's...Beyond some moral support and a retweet or two he has had 0 involvement whatsoever. As I said in an earlier post I believe that 3rd party development for altcoins is severly lacking and I strongly support digibyte so I invested my talents here. If anyone has mislead you guys it was me and if thats the case then I apologise profusely.

My best guess based on the analysis I've done so far is way more than 100 nodes.

That being said I kind of take offense to being called a "scammer". If you think I would put my name and reputation at risk for what amounts to $30USD then I suggest you take a think about what it has cost me in both money (hosting which is amazon ec2 t2 medium, domain, mail server) and time to get this project off the ground. I never wanted to take donations and I had already started the project solo before donations where ever asked for. If you want a 'refund' then I'll talk to alaniz and make sure you get it and if you don't then I'll pay it out of my own pocket if need be. Certainly not here to scam anyone and I'd like to think that I've actually contributed something to DigiByte.

Anway rant over. If you have a problem and have donated funds that you want back please PM me and I'll get back to you ASAP.
TamiLee

Activity: 637

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 05:05:16 PM

esotericizm is doing good work for digibyte, it's people like him that make a success or not, if you are a miner you should be thanking Jared everyday and pray he make a good success of this coin.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 05:05:42 PM

Simply unbelievable...

Since when is Jared the developer of DGB? He is the owner, not the developer. He never said once he was the developer of DGB.
Please note that no one owns DigiByte. There are several developers who have contributed to the core DigiByte code base. There are many other fantastic DigiByte supporters who have contributed to DigiByte in many different ways.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And we encourage everyone to research things for themselves. We are here, we are moving forward and we will continue working hard every day. In the mean time we are not going to get weighted down on this forum with rubbish while we can be working on important things to move DigiByte forward. Its a much better use of our time.

Thanks again to everyone who has been supporting DigiByte.

Altcoinfanatic

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 05:09:07 PM

Lets set a few things straight. Digistats is my project not Jared's...Beyond some moral support and a retweet or two he has had 0 involvement whatsoever. As I said in an earlier post I believe that 3rd party development for altcoins is severly lacking and I strongly support digibyte so I invested my talents here. If anyone has mislead you guys it was me and if thats the case then I apologise profusely.

My best guess based on the analysis I've done so far is way more than 100 nodes.

That being said I kind of take offense to being called a "scammer". If you think I would put my name and reputation at risk for what amounts to $30USD then I suggest you take a think about what it has cost me in both money (hosting which is amazon ec2 t2 medium, domain, mail server) and time to get this project off the ground. I never wanted to take donations and I had already started the project solo before donations where ever asked for. If you want a 'refund' then I'll talk to alaniz and make sure you get it and if you don't then I'll pay it out of my own pocket if need be. Certainly not here to scam anyone and I'd like to think that I've actually contributed something to DigiByte.

Anway rant over. If you have a problem and have donated funds that you want back please PM me and I'll get back to you ASAP.

esotericizm is a great developer and certainly no scammer!
esotericizm, can you give your best guess on how much active usuable nodes we have?
Altcoinfanatic

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 05:10:53 PM

Simply unbelievable...

Please note that no one owns DigiByte. There are several developers who have contributed to the core DigiByte code base. There are many other fantastic DigiByte supporters who have contributed to DigiByte in many different ways.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And we encourage everyone to research things for themselves. We are here, we are moving forward and we will continue working hard every day. In the mean time we are not going to get weighted down on this forum with rubbish while we can be working on important things to move DigiByte forward. Its a much better use of our time.

Thanks again to everyone who has been supporting DigiByte.

Don't mind the troll Jared! You are a great dev and doing a great job!
Jared, some questions if you do not mind:

1 Could you please comment on these additional protections (explicit comments and no talking around it)? If they are true, we should do marketing with it. If they are not be transparant and just say there are none.
2 Can you tell me if we were a scrypt coin (litecoin clone) and then you asked 8bitcoder (dev of myriadcoin) to change digibyte to myriadcoin clone (multi-pow) for you? Or did you do it yourself? There are rumours that you "helped" but the actual work has been done by 8bitcoder.
3 Currently, an attacker can 51% attack the network with roughly 60% of SHA256D and nothing else. After this change, an attacker with 90% of the SHA256D hashrate and 33% of each of the other 4 algorithms would have insufficient hashpower to mount a 51% attack. Is this true? Source: https://github.com/digibyte/digibyte/pull/36
Sharkzz1

Activity: 880
Merit: 251

Think differently

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 05:24:04 PM

Damn haven't been that active lately because i'm on holiday, but WOW the community has come alive now  Grin
Great to see a few new members here  Tongue
Keep up the good work everyone!
Pages: « 1 ... 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 [1013] 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: