Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:14:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 [1247] 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058310 times)
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 11:32:31 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2016, 08:38:20 AM by HR

Can we use DigiByte in a system similar to ethereum so that DigiByte is used as a fuel (gas, payment) to do smart contract? Maybe it is not necessary as that market is occupied by Ethereum already.

Who would want to?

But seriously, have you really researched Ethereum? Their code base? Their network security? Their total lack of scaleability? Their distribution? Their pre-mine? Their now current cost cuttings with office closures? Well, I do admit they are good at marketing and packaging, but if that's all they've got, would you really want to imitate them? Ethereum?

They're light years behind us.

I think we should all agree that Ethereum is pretty amazing tech and it has a lot more 3rd party developers than DigiByte.

Based on hype, and unfounded hype at that. What 3rd party developers? Look into it closely. It's smoke and mirrors. There's really nothing under the hood. And it's not like they hide it either: it's all right there in their own documentation for the whole world to freely see. Technically, they're even worse off than BTC, and developmentally worse yet; you almost get the idea they're laughing in everyone's face.

My prediction is that they are going to give new meaning to the word bagholder. But don't take my word for it, look into it closely . . . don't forget to read all the different threads on them while you're at it, and please advise if you find a positive community thread somewhere other than their own sock puppet laiden forum or reddit, 'cause I've yet to find anything positive there either.

If I had Ethereum, I'd sell it now.

ADD: Please duly note that these are my thoughts being expressed to our community members both as strong opinion and a healthy challenge to really start comparing apples with apples and oranges with oranges, and that means in this case cryptographic digital currency basics with cryptographic digital currency basics. I am not on another coin's thread bashing it. I'm here saying they don't hold a candle to us. Big difference. On top of that, my last newsletter clearly laid out 4 of the most basic cryptographic digital currency fundamentals to compare with, so, if you want to really compare, you know right where to go for a head start. Prove me wrong.

And don't worry, I will be proving my point anyway. It's only a matter of time until I fully document my top 10 shams.

Smiley

I don't want to dispute what your saying here (mainly because I have no time) but you should take into consideration that Ethereum is NOT a cryptoCURRENCY its a crypto smart contracts platform, its not meant to be a currency so if we're comparing DGB with ETH then we are indeed comparing apples with oranges. I also think a basic risk your taking with any cryptocurrency is that its a scam of some type or another (mainly due to the non-regulated nature of the market) and I'm quite comfortable taking that risk with certain cryptocurrencies.

In the spirit of keeping the thread mainly focused on DGB and other healthy discussions I will refrain from commenting.

That's the biggest joke of all: you buy and sell "ether", the "gas" that "makes it go", and somehow that makes it different? Call it by whatever name you like, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck, or, as in this case, a poorly made decoy.

Oh, and for the rest of what is claimed to be of value, being the "world computer" where anyone can install their private programs to be run from anywhere at anytime, please, don't make me laugh. But, I agree, enough of this for now and will leave it for the time being with a P.T. Barnum quote: "There's a sucker born every minute."

Good discussion, but you're right, we should let others join in too, more than anything with direct comparisons of fundamental aspects, since, as I said before, this is where the real conversation resides. I firmly maintain DGB beats them several times over. Prove me wrong by showing that DGB isn't the hands down winner IN ALL CATEGORIES (if you really compare the essential building blocks and principles . . . which differ not one iota, regardless of what they're called or the name they're given).

When you think about it, when seen from that point of view, that's about as DGB thread related as it gets.  Wink

Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 02:30:00 AM

talking of developers leaving.

I’ve said before, selling your DigiByte for fiat is crazy, now bitcoin isn’t looking that great either.

https://medium.com/@octskyward/the-resolution-of-the-bitcoin-experiment-dabb30201f7#.mknffukvx

At least you can flip that for DigiByte easily enough!
Kayahoga

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 04:08:22 AM

Looks like Cryptsy has been hacked and all the funds are lost. 

http://blog.cryptsy.com/

plumptoiletduck

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 08:41:14 AM

Strange how the theif hadn't spent the coins. They must be waiting for $1000+

Timeline
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 08:45:47 AM

Strange how the theif hadn't spent the coins. They must be waiting for $1000+

What's the address for the stolen funds?

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 09:01:07 AM

I’ve said before, selling your DigiByte for fiat is crazy, now bitcoin isn’t looking that great either.

https://medium.com/@octskyward/the-resolution-of-the-bitcoin-experiment-dabb30201f7#.mknffukvx

DigiByte needs to make a serious and energetic effort to recruit Hearn, first by showing him how DGB strictly and faithfully adhears to the original crypto ethos and that it STILL IS a "decentralised form of money" with no “systemically important institutions” and “too big to fail” entities and will never become "a system completely controlled by just a handful of people" because the community's commitment is firmly set on doing just that and there's no better proof of that than the DGB track record. Our Dev team needs to make a concerted effort to communicating these facts to him. Then comes the second part of the challenge: convincing him that his participation will be another key element in making his dream a reality.

Let's get him on board! We're doing everything he says a successful crypto should be doing, so, unless he doesn't really believe in what he says (which I doubt), it should be as easy as counting 1, 2, 3.

24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 09:24:05 AM

DigiByte needs to make a serious and energetic effort to recruit Hearn, first by showing him how DGB strictly and faithfully adhears to the original crypto ethos and that it STILL IS a "decentralised form of money" with no “systemically important institutions” and “too big to fail” entities and will never become "a system completely controlled by just a handful of people" because the community's commitment is firmly set on doing just that and there's no better proof of that than the DGB track record. Our Dev team needs to make a concerted effort to communicating these facts to him. Then comes the second part of the challenge: convincing him that his participation will be another key element in making his dream a reality.

Let's get him on board! We're doing everything he says a successful crypto should be doing, so, unless he doesn't really believe in what he says (which I doubt), it should be as easy as counting 1, 2, 3.

I like this very, Very much!

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 09:25:42 AM

We completely agree.

LittleTrader

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 11:59:52 AM

Jared have you read this article? https://medium.com/@octskyward/the-resolution-of-the-bitcoin-experiment-dabb30201f7#.49b7w1qw2

Maybe you should create a new video in which you underline the current problems surrounding bitcoin and explain why DigiByte is a much better alternative. If I were a bitcoin fan, I d much rather have DigiBytes!

Its not Jared's place to highlight problems on Bitcoin, maybe we could ask an independent person/organisation to make a comparison video between Old School BTC and Modern "2.0" DGB

hopefully our developers can convince the public/"future investors" that "DGB" could handle the stresses that BTC is currently seeing if/when loads on the network increase dramatically.

Maybe we could calculate and predict the breaking point of DGB v4 and draw graphs showing how far off that point we currently are, for each variable (size, speed etc. etc. of the blocks/network).

b1007

Activity: 404

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 12:22:21 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2019, 12:07:27 AM by b1007

I think DGB rocks

I like to speculate
pringles1901

Activity: 391

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 12:26:35 PM

LittleTrader

I really dont think people are that interested in DGB anymore you just witnessed that in the Polo troll box

Just having 30BTC sat there doing nothing on polo isnt exactly the best option in the world, most Altcoins attack the markets but you lot just expect people to sell to you at a lose.........the only coins you are getting are mined dumps & game rewards, going to be years before DGB will even look remotely attractive to new investors

Dont get me wrong I too have BTC in those buy orders too but thats only because i have to water down the higher price i paid for DGB in the past
OZmaster

Activity: 804
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 12:38:23 PM

Anyone else having trobules with connecting their DGB gaming wallet?

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
   ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
  ▄███▀              ▀██▄
  ███    ▄████████▄▄   ███
 ████   ████████████▄▄▄████
█████   ██████████████████
 ████   ██████████▀▀▀████
  ███    ▀████████▀▀   ███
  ▀███▄               ▄██▀
   ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
     ▀██████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██▀▀▀
.CoinChum.||..A GLOBAL P2P CRYPTO EXCHANGE..
..BUILT FOR TRADERS, BY TRADERS..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ██████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 12:40:13 PM

Wat if a big mining farm decides to exit btc aswell, Just like mike?
Is there really any other coin he can jump on except for Digibyte?

Is there any sha algo coin so proffesional as Digibyte?

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 12:41:05 PM

Anyone else having trobules with connecting their DGB gaming wallet?

Yes, Reported.

Will be fixxed asap

LittleTrader

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 12:41:27 PM

LittleTrader

I really dont think people are that interested in DGB anymore you just witnessed that in the Polo troll box

Just having 30BTC sat there doing nothing on polo isnt exactly the best option in the world, most Altcoins attack the markets but you lot just expect people to sell to you at a lose.........the only coins you are getting are mined dumps & game rewards, going to be years before DGB will even look remotely attractive to new investors

Dont get me wrong I too have BTC in those buy orders too but thats only because i have to water down the higher price i paid for DGB in the past

Yes I agree Pringles, the traders on the POLO trollbox are not interested in DGB (right now), they are interested in coins which are (to use their words "Mooning") at that very minute, last two days it was ETH and FCT, last Saturday however it was all DGB this and DGB that.

The people on POLO Trollbox are Traders, these people should not have any affinity to one coin but buy whatever before the price goes up and sell on its peak, I respect their choice, and I hope they are all making at least a small profit on each rise whether or not they used DGB to do so.

I have said this before, I am only holding DGB as its got a good developer, and I strongly believe that the money I put it will come back with profit, and a selling plan over 5 years will help pay off my mortgage. (Its not a massive mortgage)

pringles1901

Activity: 391

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 12:43:53 PM

LittleTrader

Pringles man don't let your head down like that. A lot of things could happen, possibly DigiByte will hit the Chinese markets and become a common currency in China, you never know.  Wink

b1007 It just frustrates the hell out of me when you read for the past 2 months the reason DGB isnt going up is because Bitcoin is going up, now Bitcoin has started to go down DGB still isnt moving...now that we have ran out of the Bitcoin to blame stopping DGB rising what are you all going to blame next
b1007

Activity: 404

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 12:47:38 PM

LittleTrader

Pringles man don't let your head down like that. A lot of things could happen, possibly DigiByte will hit the Chinese markets and become a common currency in China, you never know.  Wink

b1007 It just frustrates the hell out of me when you read for the past 2 months the reason DGB isnt going up is because Bitcoin is going up, now Bitcoin has started to go down DGB still isnt moving...now that we have ran out of the Bitcoin to blame stopping DGB rising what are you all going to blame next

Maybe you should stop focussing short-term and stay focused on the long term. Personally I even bought some DigiBytes when it was 150 satoshi, looking back it seems foolish but I am into this thing for the long term, and so if there is any coin out there with a real long term prospect that is able to conquer markets worldwide, it's DigiByte. It's all or nothing to me anyway. At what price did you buy most of your stash?

I like to speculate
LittleTrader

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 01:00:35 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2016, 01:11:08 PM by LittleTrader

You could always blame that person who put's their 4.5 BTC  DGB buy order on 33 when the spot price is 36, imagine what would happen if all the people with buy orders between 30 and 35 just clicked the buy now button at 36 (16.8 BTC) the price would fly up to over 45 sats in a second.

And this would also cause interest and another pump inturn.

Wishful thinking though :-)

Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 01:44:02 PM

We completely agree.
Mike is exactly the kind of developer I'd like to see join the DigiByte team, sounds like a perfect match and I really hope he will consider it seriously. We respect his kind of honesty over at DigiByte and he'd be very welcome here.
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 01:56:56 PM

We completely agree.

Maybe you should create a new video in which you underline the current problems surrounding bitcoin and explain why DigiByte is a much better alternative. If I were a bitcoin fan, I d much rather have DigiBytes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-haCDqhaTqc

Pages: « 1 ... 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 [1247] 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: