Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:03:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 [667] 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 ... 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946572 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
untalented

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:13:21 PM

haha Thanks Untalented thats awesome. On another note I might able to get a few of them to write that on there body. I'll post the pics on my twitter If I can convince a few of the women to do it haha. I call them Fan Sign Pics.
Aaaa i knew you are that MAN!
Can't wait hahaah Smiley
SxC

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:19:12 PM

i hope it remains clean we have to remember UTC aint a sex object Tongue
untalented

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:22:01 PM

SURE  Wink
mrcashking

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:29:05 PM

lol It won't be nudes. Don't worry.
SxC

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:42:15 PM

lol It won't be nudes. Don't worry.

Dam shame
mrcashking

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:48:41 PM

bikini's, thongs, casual clothes. But overall I let the women decide.  haha If they want to do a nudey it's up to them. lmao
Beave162

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:06:53 PM

bikini's, thongs, casual clothes. But overall I let the women decide.  haha If they want to do a nudey it's up to them. lmao

You are the reason why I would invest in UTC.

YaCoin: YL5kf54wPPXKsXd5T18xCaNkyUsS1DgY7z 
BitCoin: 14PFbLyUdTyxZg3V8hnvj5VXkx3dhthmDj
SxC

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:12:08 PM

bikini's, thongs or nude all sounds good to me Cheesy
bumface (OP)

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 08:14:15 PM

Marnie1976

Activity: 275

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:18:44 PM

Hmmm it is (very) tempting guys.... but think clear....

I am no moral knight but I don't believe this is the right way we are sailing with UTC Huh
SxC

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:21:56 PM

I am no moral knight but I don't believe this is the right way we are sailing with UTC Huh

yea we just messing about Dcgirl would kick our ass
ivanlabrie

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:22:50 PM

That will build up hype, or get random folks to stare at the pics...don't think they'll buy UTC or use it. :p

no one to help me HuhHuh any one can help me i have this setup --scrypt-jane --worksize 128 -g 2 --lookup-gap 3 --thread-concurrency 41440 -I 11 -o stratum+tcp://stratum.ultracoinpool.info:3333 -u xxxx -p xxx --sj-nfmin 4 --sj-nfmax 30 --sj-time 1388361600

i have r9 280 and when i launch ultracoinminer.exe i can see an error but can't read he shut down to fast i have pick my estup here http://ultracoin.net/configgen_raw.html

Use yacminer, I'd suggest using 8gb of ram if using windows and trying these settings:

--scrypt-chacha --worksize 256 -g 1 --lookup-gap 4 --buffer-size 2560 -R 8192 -o stratum+tcp://stratum.ultracoinpool.info:3333 -u xxxx -p xxx --nfmin 4 --nfmax 30 --starttime 1388361600

That's a good starting point, from there you can try increasing the -R value gradually till you get HW errors, then reduce it till they go away.
Beave162

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:23:39 PM

bikini's, thongs, casual clothes. But overall I let the women decide.  haha If they want to do a nudey it's up to them. lmao

yea we just messing about Dcgirl would kick our ass

Shut up, trolls. It's called 'Money Maker' for a reason.

Thirtybird

Activity: 693

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:24:19 PM

It's not a false rumor and has been proven here many times.  Thirtybird has explained it better than I can a few times in this  thread, but the more cards you have, the more RAM you need to run it with a low lookup gap.  My lack of system RAM only allows me to get about 80% out of each 290x I have  because I can't run them with the higher lookup gap without one card refusing to start.  

Also, you assume all new miners are using low end gear.  What if a new miner comes in like me with 4x 290x cards and only 8 GB system RAM and has the same issues I do?  I was already at a 25% profitability disadvantage against scrypt coins because of this, and that was before the orphan problem.  It does work out good for CPU miners and 750 Ti miners, but it doesn't hold true for everyone.  

That will be true with ultracoin miner. But yacminer, with its fine intensity tweaking should give you the same results on whatever lookup gap you mine.

This right here is why I've advocated people using the "buffer-size" setting instead of thread-concurrency - it confuses what people think the problem may be.  They both will accomplish the same things - allocating the OpenCL buffer for the card - but thread-concurrency is factored on lookup-gap, which gets fiddly when trying to test config changes.  buffer-size just says "I'm allocating this much memory" and the rest of the settings work with that to do their hashing.  So, it's not a lookup-gap problem that's preventing you from maxxing out the cards.

System RAM can be important, depending on your config.  If you've only got 4GB of system memory, you're going to be hurting yourself if you try to work with _any_ cards that have 3GB or 4GB of VRAM.  Is it possible, absolutely.  Is it easy, hell no.  I've examined Beave's setup quite some time ago - he's banged it out pretty good - high effeciency with low cost and decent hashpower.  He's gone with a large number of 2GB cards per system, and absolutely can run 6 x 2GB cards on just 4 GB of system RAM.  I know it can work, and I personally run a 4 x 2GB system on Windows on just 4GB RAM.  My other mining setup uses 4GB cards, and needed 8GB of system ram to go beyond 2 cards.

Now, with that said, you've got R9 290x's with (guessing) 4 GB of GPU memory.  It is absolutely quite possible that 8GB is not enough to allocate 3.6GB per card on just 8 GB of system memory.  I can allocate 3GB per card, but I don't have as many shaders on my R7 240's to keep busy as you do so even at N=14 I don't need to go higher.  The efficiency of your card will suffer by trying to cram more work to those shaders as you crank up the lookup-gap.  One nice thing is, so long as you can allocate as much memory as I can on your card (--buffer-size 3040), you can still get ~ 3KH/sec by running the same lookup-gap (2) and a reduced raw intensity (-R 1280).  From there, any additional memory you can allocate will give you a higher -R to use.  The key is to find out how high of a buffer-size you can allocate on each card before you have problems.  On my system with 4 x 2GB cards and 4GB, I am allocating a buffer-size of 1753 for each card - any higher than that, and I will get cards fail to start up.  This is also pushing the limits of what can be allocated per card anyway (from single card testing), so I'm happy to be there Smiley

Configuring miners for high end cards on high NFactor coins is hard.  I don't think anyone can say it's not intimidating for new miners, or experienced miners alike.  I've tried to put as much of my knowledge and findings out there as possible, but not everyone has the patience to read it all or the time to test a myriad of settings.  I've got something in the testing fork of YACMiner that will make finding working settings much easer for new miners, but I've got some issues with timing and the multiple threads that I haven't had time to look into solving.

YACMiner: https://github.com/Thirtybird/YACMiner  N-Factor information : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj3vcsuY-JFNdC1ITWJrSG9VeWp6QXppbVgxcm0tbGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0
BTC: 183eSsaxG9y6m2ZhrDhHueoKnZWmbm6jfC  YAC: Y4FKiwKKYGQzcqn3M3u6mJoded6ri1UWHa
mrcashking

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:26:19 PM

Sometime in the future. Im going to need some UltraCoin brochures made up. So I can put a street team together to pass them out along with my mixtape.
dcgirl

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:34:56 PM

Sometime in the future. Im going to need some UltraCoin brochures made up. So I can put a street team together to pass them out along with my mixtape.

You can send a pm to Bumface, Jakoblight or me and we can provide you with any materials you need. And you should work with Jakoblight, he's our media/video producer.
mrcashking

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:35:38 PM

I'll be doing promotions on my twitter all month. Feel free to donate. UTC address in my sig.  Shoutout to everyone who has donated so far. I had about 1400 when I first joined you guys now im up to 4000 UTC. I love this community and you guys will have my support forever. Hmm If I ever get an award with my musical efforts. I might have to walk on live tv with a UltraCoin t-shirt on while accepting my award.. haha
mrcashking

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:38:09 PM

You can send a pm to Bumface, Jakoblight or me and we can provide you with any materials you need. And you should work with Jakoblight, he's our video producer.

ok thanks dcGirl. :-)
Beave162

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:44:02 PM

It's not a false rumor and has been proven here many times.  Thirtybird has explained it better than I can a few times in this  thread, but the more cards you have, the more RAM you need to run it with a low lookup gap.  My lack of system RAM only allows me to get about 80% out of each 290x I have  because I can't run them with the higher lookup gap without one card refusing to start.  

Also, you assume all new miners are using low end gear.  What if a new miner comes in like me with 4x 290x cards and only 8 GB system RAM and has the same issues I do?  I was already at a 25% profitability disadvantage against scrypt coins because of this, and that was before the orphan problem.  It does work out good for CPU miners and 750 Ti miners, but it doesn't hold true for everyone.  

That will be true with ultracoin miner. But yacminer, with its fine intensity tweaking should give you the same results on whatever lookup gap you mine.

This right here is why I've advocated people using the "buffer-size" setting instead of thread-concurrency - it confuses what people think the problem may be.  They both will accomplish the same things - allocating the OpenCL buffer for the card - but thread-concurrency is factored on lookup-gap, which gets fiddly when trying to test config changes.  buffer-size just says "I'm allocating this much memory" and the rest of the settings work with that to do their hashing.  So, it's not a lookup-gap problem that's preventing you from maxxing out the cards.

System RAM can be important, depending on your config.  If you've only got 4GB of system memory, you're going to be hurting yourself if you try to work with _any_ cards that have 3GB or 4GB of VRAM.  Is it possible, absolutely.  Is it easy, hell no.  I've examined Beave's setup quite some time ago - he's banged it out pretty good - high effeciency with low cost and decent hashpower.  He's gone with a large number of 2GB cards per system, and absolutely can run 6 x 2GB cards on just 4 GB of system RAM.  I know it can work, and I personally run a 4 x 2GB system on Windows on just 4GB RAM.  My other mining setup uses 4GB cards, and needed 8GB of system ram to go beyond 2 cards.

Now, with that said, you've got R9 290x's with (guessing) 4 GB of GPU memory.  It is absolutely quite possible that 8GB is not enough to allocate 3.6GB per card on just 8 GB of system memory.  I can allocate 3GB per card, but I don't have as many shaders on my R7 240's to keep busy as you do so even at N=14 I don't need to go higher.  The efficiency of your card will suffer by trying to cram more work to those shaders as you crank up the lookup-gap.  One nice thing is, so long as you can allocate as much memory as I can on your card (--buffer-size 3040), you can still get ~ 3KH/sec by running the same lookup-gap (2) and a reduced raw intensity (-R 1280).  From there, any additional memory you can allocate will give you a higher -R to use.  The key is to find out how high of a buffer-size you can allocate on each card before you have problems.  On my system with 4 x 2GB cards and 4GB, I am allocating a buffer-size of 1753 for each card - any higher than that, and I will get cards fail to start up.  This is also pushing the limits of what can be allocated per card anyway (from single card testing), so I'm happy to be there Smiley

Configuring miners for high end cards on high NFactor coins is hard.  I don't think anyone can say it's not intimidating for new miners, or experienced miners alike.  I've tried to put as much of my knowledge and findings out there as possible, but not everyone has the patience to read it all or the time to test a myriad of settings.  I've got something in the testing fork of YACMiner that will make finding working settings much easer for new miners, but I've got some issues with timing and the multiple threads that I haven't had time to look into solving.

4GB cards, ThirtyBird, 6 x 4GB cards!!! The point is... NFactor does not effect system RAM. ThirtyBird, you have windows, and when I used windows, I remember needing more than 4GB of system RAM.

I can tell you, using xubunutu OS, buffersize is not a factor for YAC for my 4GB cards at NFactor 14. Obviously, it will be an issue for subsequent NFactors. But a buffersize of 3500 vs 3750 yields no different results at this time.

cointradero

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:51:22 PM

We actually went over this when I posted the problem over a month ago.  I may have changed it to just messing with the buffer-size.  I'm not currently mining it, nor have I touched my settings in over a month, so I dont' know what I settled on, I only remember that it was still only about 80% of what others could get, and even what I could get if I only left 3 cards active.  The point I was making still stands, changing the N-factor can make it a pain for people who aren't all geeked out over this and reading thread posts all day about problems people are having.  Thanks for the information assist again Thirtybird.
Pages: « 1 ... 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 [667] 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 ... 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: