Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:43:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5243 5244 5245 5246 5247 5248 5249 5250 5251 5252 5253 5254 5255 5256 5257 5258 5259 5260 5261 5262 5263 5264 5265 5266 5267 5268 5269 5270 5271 5272 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 5292 [5293] 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722629 times)
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 07:56:10 PM

... troll engagement ...

Please don't respond to these assholes.  Put them on ignore.  

Not every Monero proponent is automatically a troll. His (indirect) question was neither provocative nor disingenuous. Maybe read it again? I will continue to take every opportunity to expose AdamShite for what he is, and his post was a gift.

His response is representative of the attitude of many people in this community, unfortunately.

Taylor05

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 08:02:18 PM

Dash was the first coin that was attractive enough for me to become involved with to the extent that I stopped simply being a reader of BCT and actually created an account. Before that, I was simply a reader an investor. I have invested in other coins that I thought were innovative at the time like BlackCoin and PeerCoin (which thankfully I got out at a decent price). Call me a SHILL and keep convincing yourself that you're doing your own coin a favor, but I'm telling you, FUD only has so much shelf life before actually delivering something becomes more important. At this point, I'm sure that all the value your coin will ever get from trolling this thread has played out and now you're not only wasting your time, but you've damaged your own coin irreparably. I strongly advise you to regroup and think of another strategy. If you want mass adoption, it isn't going to come from stealing a few potential investors from Dash. If Dash eventually reaches mass adoption, this thread won't matter anymore anyway.

I've had my account a long time now, only post occasionally and sometimes not for a long spell. I pretty much 90% of the time read this thread on BTC over the others. That doesn't make my viewpoints any less relevant that I only post here. Keep turning off people like me... the rich guy with deep pockets that plops down real money into these projects. See where it gets you. Maybe if you troll hard enough, an actual usable wallet will magically appear for your own coin!

You could have had a major investor with me, but that ship has sailed. I wonder how many others there are like me that mostly read but don't post often that think the same way I do. I suspect it's more than a handful. It's time, Adam. Time for you and your ragtag group of full-time trolls to reconsider the negative impact you are having on Monero. Sophisticated investors - the ones that have the potential to make or break a project - do extensive research anyway. In the end, practical solutions win. Innovation wins. Trolling has only gotten you so far... nowhere. Again, if you spent 1/10th the time devoloping ideas for Monero and helping with the development as you spent here, you would be much better off.
You keep pointing out the high emission rate as though it is bad for new investors. It is a good thing from an investor standpoint. There are only two effects that the high number of coins emitted does, and both of them are a GOOD thing for investors that bring money to the table.
1) It devalues the market cap across a larger number of coins (which has no effect on market cap, but does decrease the value of each coin that was emitted... if half as many had been emitted, they each would have been twice as expensive per coin); thus, with a higher number of coins as the base, the inflationary effects of the new coins being created each year is lower than it would otherwise be... A LOWER RATE OF INFLATIONARY PRESSURE IS GOOD FOR INVESTORS
2) It provided the core developer with a significant share / value of coins, which provided him with enough incentive to devote himself full-time to the project (a happy accident)

I am thankful for the high emission rate the first 24 hours... if fact, I wouldn't be an investor in Dash without it. Dash is only 1.5 years old, yet it has an inflation rate many times lower than Bitcoin did at the same age. I think 200% for Bitcoin in year 2 vs. 20% for Dash. This protects my investment and the investment of anyone purchasing for the first time.
Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 08:06:26 PM

You keep pointing out the high emission rate as though it is bad for new investors. It is a good thing from an investor standpoint. There are only two effects that the high number of coins emitted does, and both of them are a GOOD thing for investors that bring money to the table.
1) It devalues the market cap across a larger number of coins (which has no effect on market cap, but does decrease the value of each coin that was emitted... if half as many had been emitted, they each would have been twice as expensive per coin); thus, with a higher number of coins as the base, the inflationary effects of the new coins being created each year is lower than it would otherwise be... A LOWER RATE OF INFLATIONARY PRESSURE IS GOOD FOR INVESTORS
2) It provided the core developer with a significant share / value of coins, which provided him with enough incentive to devote himself full-time to the project (a happy accident)

I am thankful for the high emission rate the first 24 hours... if fact, I wouldn't be an investor in Dash without it. Dash is only 1.5 years old, yet it has an inflation rate many times lower than Bitcoin did at the same age. I think 200% for Bitcoin in year 2 vs. 20% for Dash. This protects my investment and the investment of anyone purchasing for the first time.

"Troll engagement" or not, you keep making very good points Taylor. I bookmarked your posts for future reference, very useful!  Smiley

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 08:11:34 PM

"Troll engagement" or not, you keep making very good points Taylor. I bookmarked your posts for future reference, very useful!  Smiley

yep, i agree .. i'm certainly enjoy reading your posts Taylor05.

Poor AdamWhite, his posts are like used toiletpaper .. you dont even look at it, you just throw it away
and hope the smell clears away soon.

But then again he is very good at bumping our thread so there is that...

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 08:12:09 PM

I tested darksend today!

I must say, I like it that you can premix your coins and then use that "dark balance" for sending anonymous transactions  Grin
Pretty impressed by the GUI as well.

My only remark (also related to the thing below) is that it took nearly 3 hours to mix 2 DASH... That seems a bit slow, but hopefully if we get more masternodes online, that won't be an issue anymore. But I'm willing to wait a bit. Privacy has a price, in this case it's waiting time.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't mixing slow sometimes because of a lack of people mixing, not the number of masternodes?

Well, that's why I asked before how the network knows if the masternodes are doing their job or are just idling and pretending to be an active masternode. They get the masternode rewards while processing transactions, so it needs to be checked if they are active or not

PS: I tried the monero wallet today and after a half day I needed to close it. My laptop became very slow. I don't know if there is a fix or not.
It seems there are still developers though, so if it isn't fixed yet, I think they will. But I wasn't able to compare DASH mixing with monero mixing.
So for now, it seems that DASH is at least a usable system.

And that's important of course. Having a lot of theoretical ideas (recently they are talking about "confidential transactions" ) is cool, but if you can't make it work, it's useless...

No, it's not slow because of lack of participants.  We have liquidity providers, at least 6 of them.  Things go fast until, I think, it hits a MN running an older version.  But on the whole, it's mixing pretty fast.  It always slows down at the end though Smiley  Because that seems to be when it's doing all the small amounts 0.1 etc...

yeah well, I only had 2 DASH in the wallet, so that's probably the issue.
What do these liquidity providers do exactly?

People are constantly running the mixer.  That's all.  Only A couple of weeks ago, Evan made it so that, if you're available for mixing, and you run liquidityprovider=1 in your conf file, you won't mix unless someone needs you to.  That is, you won't start mixing sessions, just join them.  This way, we don't sit around mixing with each other, and unnecessarily bloat the block chain.  But there are at least 6 people running liquidity providers according to the proposal that was approved, and that should give plenty of deviation so that mixes should be very good.  Plus there are others who just do it to be helpful.  Always do at least 2, better >5 Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Taylor05

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 08:14:36 PM

At this point, I'm sure that all the value your coin will ever get from trolling this thread has played out and now you're not only wasting your time, but you've damaged your own coin irreparably. I strongly advise you to regroup and think of another strategy.

Time for you and your ragtag group of full-time trolls to reconsider the negative impact you are having on Monero.

This is ridiculous... Expressing the opinion that you are doing yourself more harm than good and advising that you rethink your strategy is not a threat.
moocowmoo

Activity: 263

bovine quadruped, professional loafer, dash dev

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 08:16:07 PM

Man!! You deserve a prize for this! Though I haven't used it, I've been following your work. Certainly hope to put it to good use soon!

Aww, thanks! I think you'll get very used to just doing 'dashman update' once you try it out.

Not to mention 'dashman install' for fresh instances!

Bloody fantastic. I know it's a script, but couldn't this be somehow integrated into an RPC call directly to the code?

RPC's should remain interfaces, not drive any presentation.
Helper utilities are a possibility, but they'd have to be ported to cpp (if incorporated into the core gitian compile.)
Not to mention much of the data is pulled from remote sources, another issue that would have to be instrumented.

But, if this was all in place, what would I do with my spare time then? Wink

---

An unrelated code snippet.  Somebody left an old version of dash-cli on their machine, this will find all dash-cli's on disk and interrogate their versions:

Code:
$ find / -name dash-cli -print -exec {} --version \; 2>/dev/null

for instance, on my dev box, it outputs:

Code:
/usr/local/bin/disabled/dash-cli
Dash Core RPC client version v0.12.0.45-b2b2cef
/tmp/somerandomdir/.old/dash-cli
/tmp/somerandomdir/dash-cli
/tmp/dash-0.12.0/bin/dash-cli
Dash Core RPC client version v0.12.0.49-5410e0a
/home/ubuntu/.dash/dash-cli
Dash Core RPC client version v0.12.0.55-c30a0aa
/home/ubuntu/.dash_disabled/dash-cli
Dash Core RPC client version v0.12.0.53-85c8950
/home/ubuntu/testnet/dash-0.12.0/bin/dash-cli
Dash Core RPC client version v0.12.0.2-dddc095
/home/moo/.dash/dash-cli
Dash Core RPC client version v0.12.0.53-85c8950

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 08:17:56 PM

At this point, I'm sure that all the value your coin will ever get from trolling this thread has played out and now you're not only wasting your time, but you've damaged your own coin irreparably. I strongly advise you to regroup and think of another strategy.

Time for you and your ragtag group of full-time trolls to reconsider the negative impact you are having on Monero.

This is ridiculous... Expressing the opinion that you are doing yourself more harm than good and advising that you rethink your strategy is not a threat.

ahh, iCEBREAKER ... that person alone embodies and radiates the word ridiculous in all its glory  
I think Dash broke his sanity a long long time ago

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 08:25:39 PM

I have no affiliation with Monero.

HAHAHA. So much for the "long haul" you disloyal little whore. Have you ever in your sad neckbearded life spoken to someone that actually took you seriously?
I see a bright future for XMR with fairweather-friends like you Grin

Taylor05

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 08:32:03 PM

Sorry if he isn't, but it's hard for the occasional reader to distinguish between all of the Monero trolls vs. "mystery-why-they-do-it" trolls. I've even postulated that perhaps some of these are accounts created exclusively to troll Dash so that the user isn't tied back to Monero... no way to prove that, but I have a hard time rationalizing any other reason why Adam White or anyone else would spend so much time on a thread of a coin they don't like.

I feel bad for honest people with integrity that believe in CryptoNote technology... the guys over here do Monero such a disservice.
As I said, I'm an occasional reader and it is hard for people like me to distinguish between Monero trolls and other mystery reason trolls (at least not without investing a bunch of time to figure out the date of account creation and browse through a posting history for every one of the idiots posting on here... and who has time for that?). You all spout off the same ignorant garbage over and over, so hard to tell trolls' motivations apart. By the way, I never said that I was referring to your account specifically, so the fact that YOU have an account older than Dash is irrelevant. I've seen plenty of trolls on here with Noobie accounts to make my assertion plausible that many accounts are created specifically to troll this thread. Regardless, people can become a paid troll, or buy someone else's account access... I'm not an investigative journalist or anything, so I don't know why you would expect me to investigate every post to determine if it's a Monero troll or just a mystery troll (as if that matters).

I still have no idea why you, Adam, spend so much time on this thread. If it isn't Monero-motivated then I'm truly perplexed.

So, I guess in the end, you are doing a disservice to Monero even though you aren't associated with them. That's unfortunate. I can only feel so bad, though, for them... they have so many trolls here on their own that I'm not sure what incremental damage you could possibly be doing to them, if any.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 08:37:02 PM

People are constantly running the mixer.  That's all.  Only A couple of weeks ago, Evan made it so that, if you're available for mixing, and you run liquidityprovider=1 in your conf file, you won't mix unless someone needs you to.  That is, you won't start mixing sessions, just join them.  This way, we don't sit around mixing with each other, and unnecessarily bloat the block chain.  But there are at least 6 people running liquidity providers according to the proposal that was approved, and that should give plenty of deviation so that mixes should be very good.  Plus there are others who just do it to be helpful.  Always do at least 2, better >5 Smiley

Hadn't seen that, should make things much smoother. Giving it a go now, lol, 99999 rounds will take a while Smiley

OH, if you're going to run one, make a lot of backups, because you'll go through addresses pretty fast.  There was a way to create a bunch of addresses (instead of the usual 1000) that would keep you going for a while (with a backup copy)  When you do "getinfo" you'll see how big your "keypoolsize" is  You really need to back up the wallet.dat a lot, or else increase the keypool size:  I think I did it like so on a brand new wallet (open without a wallet.dat in folder:

dash-qt -keypool=20000

It'll take a while to load, then when its loaded, give it an Encryption password and save a copy on several flash drives (you know, regular safety).

Now it'll take a while before you need to make another backup.  But you still have to check how many keys you have left every once in a while.  I'm going through a bit less than 150 addresses a day with liquidityprovider=1 which should be the fastest / most often use of my wallet.  But if it becomes popular to mix all of a sudden, the keys could be used up quickly.  So it's important to keep an eye on it.  You don't want your hard drive crashing on you without a back up Cheesy

Sorry for being worrisome Mommy.  I just get that way.  Better to say it than not ;P

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
dazbarlby

Activity: 460

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 08:40:38 PM

Hi!

My name is Konstantin. I'm cyber•Fund co-founder.
I'm happy to announce now Dash is available in cyber•Fund real time portfolio tracker. So you can easy control your portfolio valuation of Dash and other cryptoasset that you have in real time.

Look how we do it with our funds - https://cyber.fund/@satoshi_fund

If you are a developer you can easy improve Dash main page using Chaingear on github. Stellar, Dash and NuBits have already upgraded their page.

Also  don't forget to follow Dash on https://cyber.fund/system/Dash.

Thank you for your attention, I will be happy if you will use our service.
Konstantin Lomashuk

Please note you're using the old Darkcoin logo. You can get the new DASH logo from here https://www.dashpay.io/promotional-graphics

Also can you please explain how the ratings are worked out.
Taylor05

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 08:41:17 PM

I have no affiliation with Monero.

HAHAHA. So much for the "long haul" you disloyal little whore. Have you ever in your sad neckbearded life spoken to someone that actually took you seriously?
I see a bright future for XMR with fairweather-friends like you Grin
Oh, so AdamWhite is just a Monero troll who's also a liar. That makes sense.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 08:46:45 PM

Funny, the https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash block explorer seems to think I have a bunch of addresses in my wallet, but I'm pretty sure I've only used the one, though maybe I've used a couple.  Can this be wrong?  Is it guessing?  Or should this be correct?

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 08:48:11 PM

Funny, the https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash block explorer seems to think I have a bunch of addresses in my wallet, but I'm pretty sure I've only used the one, though maybe I've used a couple.  Can this be wrong?  Is it guessing?  Or should this be correct?

They might be change addresses. Did you make any payments lately ?
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 09:26:38 PM

Funny, the https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash block explorer seems to think I have a bunch of addresses in my wallet, but I'm pretty sure I've only used the one, though maybe I've used a couple.  Can this be wrong?  Is it guessing?  Or should this be correct?

They might be change addresses. Did you make any payments lately ?

No, I just have mining rewards go in, and when there is enough, I send them out to another wallet.  So maybe they connect the other wallet to this one because I probably sent funds on numerous occasions to the other wallet?  But I'd think that would be read as a periodic payment rather than an extension of my wallet.  I also don't recognize some of the inputs/outputs from linked addresses. Anyway, interesting Smiley

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 09:34:38 PM

when there is enough, I send them out to another wallet

Isn't that where the changed addresses are being populated ? (Maybe I mis-understood you and you're not sending from the QT wallet in question).

Did you do ListAddressGroupings and all that stuff to do an address dump ?
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 09:41:28 PM

when there is enough, I send them out to another wallet

Isn't that where the changed addresses are being populated ? (Maybe I mis-understood you and you're not sending from the QT wallet in question).

Did you do ListAddressGroupings and all that stuff to do an address dump ?

I only looked through a few addresses casually.  I'm afraid I'll actually have to think and research to see what's up.  I'm a lazy butt.  I was just surprised to see that they think I have over 30 addresses in that wallet  Shocked Tongue Wink

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 09:43:32 PM

I only looked through a few addresses casually.  I'm afraid I'll actually have to think and research to see what's up.  I'm a lazy butt.  I was just surprised to see that they think I have over 30 addresses in that wallet  Shocked Tongue Wink

How can you see that from a block explorer ?

Surely the block explorer just shows addresses, It can't know what wallet houses those addresses.
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 09:51:15 PM

what do we know about this...
JoinMarket

Blockchain.info is a private company that makes an open-source Bitcoin web wallet. They have a very bad reputation, as on numerous occasions they have been found to make mistakes. They also have an optional service called "SharedSend", or some such name, which uses their own version of CoinJoin to mix bitcoins that users send. That service was found to be flawed.
r/JoinMarket is a separate service that is open-source and created by u/belcher_. It also uses CoinJoin, but it has been vetted by CoinJoin's inventor, u/nullc, and many others interested in Bitcoin privacy. You can see the order book of people offering bitcoins for mixing here:
http://www.joinmarket.io
In other words, JoinMarket is decentralized and open-source, and it's not possible to lose your bitcoins or have them tracked by a centralized service, or server. One caveat: It's available for now only with command line interface, but plugins for Bitcoin Core and Electrum wallets are in the works.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/comments/3oftzn/lets_have_a_chat_about_dash_bitcoin_payment/cvzvwlk?context=3

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
Pages: « 1 ... 5243 5244 5245 5246 5247 5248 5249 5250 5251 5252 5253 5254 5255 5256 5257 5258 5259 5260 5261 5262 5263 5264 5265 5266 5267 5268 5269 5270 5271 5272 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 5292 [5293] 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: