Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:20:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5610 5611 5612 5613 5614 5615 5616 5617 5618 5619 5620 5621 5622 5623 5624 5625 5626 5627 5628 5629 5630 5631 5632 5633 5634 5635 5636 5637 5638 5639 5640 5641 5642 5643 5644 5645 5646 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 5657 5658 5659 [5660] 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 5672 5673 5674 5675 5676 5677 5678 5679 5680 5681 5682 5683 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 5689 5690 5691 5692 5693 5694 5695 5696 5697 5698 5699 5700 5701 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 5710 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
semajjames

Activity: 528
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 05:25:39 PM

wow... so many dump right now  Shocked

18000 dash for sale at .013 on polo the MN count has dropped by 1 today

if that guy buys again at .012 the guy makes 1500 Dash

self explaining i would say

the guy wants to make 1500 Dash

the interesting thing i think is that the Dash did not come from the total MN count

Edit well I suppose it could have done if the Dash was pulled out a few days ago ..
Melech

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 05:30:54 PM

18000 dash for sale at .013 on polo the MN count has dropped by 1

the interesting thing i think is that the Dash did not come from the total MN count

Edit well I suppose it could have done if the Dash was pulled out a few days ago ..

There were 3510 MNs a week ago, now there are 3468, so 42+ have been taken down (42 more taken down than new ones put up)

▄▄▓▓█▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓██▓▄▄
             ▄▓█▓▀                ▀▓█▓█
          ▄▓█▓      ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄      ▀█▓▄
        ▄▓██    ▄▓▓██████████████▓▓▄    ██▓▄
       ▓██    ▓▓████████▓▀▀██████████▓    ██▓
      ▓█░   █▓█████▓▀ ▓██  ▓██ ▀▓▓█████▓    ▓▓
     ▓█    ▓█████▀  ▄▓▓██████▓▓▓▄  ▓████▓    ██
    ▓██   █████▓ ▄▓▓  ▄██░▐███▄ ▀▓▓ ░▓███▓   ██▓
    ██    █████ █▓  ▓████░▐████▓█ █▓ ░█████   ██
    ██   ▐████ ▐█  ▓█████░▐██████░ █▌ █████   ██░
    ██   ▐████ ▐██ ▓█████░▐█████▓ █▓ ░█████   ██░
    ██    ████▓ █▓█ ▀▓▓██░▐██▓▓  █▓  ▓████    ██
    ▐█▓  ░████▓▄  ▀▓▓▄▄██░▐███▄▓▓  █▓████░   ██▌
     ▐██   ▓████▓▄▄  ▀██░▐███  ▄▓▓████▓░   ██▓
      ▐█▓    █▓██████▓▓██████▓▓████████    ▐█▓
       ▐█▓▄    ▀▓██████████████████▓▀    ▄▓██
         ▐█▓▄     ▀▀▓▓████████▓▓▀▀     ▄▓██
            ▓██▄                    ▄█▓▓▀
              ▀▓█▓▓▄▄          ▄▄▓▓█▓▀
                   ▀▀▓▓██████▓▓▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Together we can change
❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ the internet ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  Social Media
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
             ▄███`  ,▄▄,   ▀██▄
            ▐██▀  ▄███████   ██▌
          ,▄███   ████████▌  ▐██▄,
      ,▄███████▄  █▄▄██▄▄█  ▄███████▄▄
     ██████████████████████████████████,
    ▐████▌   ██████████████████   ▐█████
     ▀████▄▄████████▀  "████████▄▄████▀
       `▀████████████▄▄████████████▀▀
            '▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀
         ▄▄                      ▄▄
        ███          ▄▄⌐         ███
       ███           ██▌          ▀██
      ███            ██▌           ▀██
                     ██▌
semajjames

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 05:35:21 PM

18000 dash for sale at .013 on polo the MN count has dropped by 1

There were 3510 MNs a week ago, now there are 3468, so 42+ have been taken down (42 more taken down than new ones put up)

i've seen 20 odd get brought in that time so yeah it's all happening thats for sure
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 05:38:48 PM

whale taking coin from weak hand Huh

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 06:12:08 PM

It was ever thus.
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 06:18:29 PM

It was ever thus.

Everyone is trying to enter the ETH train...

AizenSou

Activity: 938

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 06:21:04 PM

Something smells fishy in Crypto Town:

If someone decides to dump 0.5% of DASH in circulation (30k) price drops to 0.006 BTC (-52%)
If someone decides to dump 0.5% of XMR in circulation (54k) price drops to 0.00126 BTC (-11%)

Though the market cap of XMR is 6 times smaller than DASH marketcap.

#rationalmarkets 

hey genius  Roll Eyes

You can be glad that I didn't pick a dumping percentage of 1... That would drop DASH to almost zero...

You have made my day, thank. Laughing so hard because of your "analysis". And you still think you are smart??  Grin
bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 06:29:39 PM

Damit...my main account got locked!   Angry

Looks like we are creeping on that wall.  I'm willing to throw a bunch of BTC at that...  made some good trades the last few days...and I'm back to accumulating. 

PS.  I didn't sell of my MNs to fund that trading...Splawik will vouch for that as he manages all my MN's for me. 
Riseman

Activity: 690

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 06:36:28 PM

Wonder if there'll be a rebound now or a final dump.
bigrcanada1

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 06:42:20 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2016, 06:54:13 PM by bigrcanada1

Wonder if there'll be a rebound now or a final dump.
don't know...but the sell wall will probably shake out a bunch of traders off the train.  I think what we need to see is going back to a gradual rise that we had seen before this last "pump".  Its long time holders like me as well as others that help create the floor to the pricing of DASH.   The goal I'm looking for is a sustained floor of around $6 to $8 in a couple of months time.  

EDIT: And there we go.  Nearly half that sell wall is gone.  I'm gathering there are several traders collaborating on that wall.  I'd like to test their resolve wither they really want to part with their DASH   Grin
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 06:58:12 PM

Damit...my main account got locked!   Angry

Looks like we are creeping on that wall.  I'm willing to throw a bunch of BTC at that...  made some good trades the last few days...and I'm back to accumulating.  

PS.  I didn't sell of my MNs to fund that trading...Splawik will vouch for that as he manages all my MN's for me.  
ADMIT Smiley
Good to hear! Smiley
Yeah I liked the stable up trend better as after too fast growth there is faster down....
IMO 0,01 is our actual floor.

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
bigrcanada1

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 07:52:47 PM

to the contrary with a 4k buy wall at .012 we may well see if those .013 sellers really do want to sell

Lets not quote the trolls.  Wink

I'm all about playing with our friends on polo.  lol.  Thats partly my wall on there....and there is more ammunition if needed.  Miami was an amazing success.  Evolution as a crypto PayPal competitor is going to be awesome. 
semajjames

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 07:54:37 PM

[/quote]

I'm all about playing with our friends on polo.  lol.  Thats partly my wall on there....and there is more ammunition if needed.  Miami was an amazing success.  Evolution as a crypto PayPal competitor is going to be awesome. 
[/quote]

+1
bigrcanada1

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 08:01:52 PM

[/quote]

+1
[/quote]

And just picked up another masternode worth of DASH...NICE!!!!
dazbarlby

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 09:19:12 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2016, 09:35:25 PM by dazbarlby

DASH Evolution Prototype paper v1 is now available here https://www.dash.org/binaries/evo/EvolutionPrototypeV1.pdf
Riseman

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 09:20:43 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2016, 12:47:55 AM by Riseman

to the contrary with a 4k buy wall at .012 we may well see if those .013 sellers really do want to sell

Lets not quote the trolls.  Wink

I'm all about playing with our friends on polo.  lol.  Thats partly my wall on there....and there is more ammunition if needed.  Miami was an amazing success.  Evolution as a crypto PayPal competitor is going to be awesome.  

Well, trolls are trolls with their own agenda but he may actually have a point here. With Evolution being at least one year from completion there're no major news or updates in sight, as far as I see. So this might be the highest price we'll see this year. Also any other high volume action like ETH draws BTC from DASH market.

UPD: Corrected "years".
AizenSou

Activity: 938

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 09:35:02 PM

Lets not quote the trolls.  Wink

Well, trolls are trolls with their own agenda but he may actually have a point here. With Evolution being years from completion there're no major news or updates in sight, as far as I see. So this might be the highest price we'll see this year. Also any other high volume action like ETH draws BTC from DASH market.

Highest price in this year?? LOL It's January now. Ok may I ask how do you know that Evolution is years from completion ??
And another point, price doesn't correlate with news or updates, as DASH did show it a lot of times.
Price increasing could be related with adoption, and of course manipulation.

Well if you believe it's the end of DASH for this year, feel free to leave.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 09:46:19 PM

Lets not forget about this one : https://dashtalk.org/threads/dash-partnership-with-transform-pr.7715/

Dear Community Members,

The Dash core team is pleased to officially announce our new partnership with Transform PR, a public relations company with extensive experience in the cryptocurrency field. Transform PR has worked with many cryptocurrency projects, including Augur, Counterparty, Factom, GEMS, MaidSafe, Mastercoin, Neucoin and Storj, as well as the incubation of Ethereum at KryptoKit and the Ripple incubator. The Transform PR team is led by Michael Terpin, who also heads up BitAngels and is a leading investor and thought leader in the digital asset sector. Outside cryptocurrency, he has headed up PR initiatives for many established brands, including AT&T, America Online, Fujitsu, JBL, Konami, Match.com, Memorex, Motley Fool, Philips, Rackspace, Red Herring, and TEAC.

During the first three months of our partnership, Transform PR will seek to gain a high level of visibility in both the crypto community and the mainstream business and technology press, which is critical to driving new user adoption and demonstrating industry leadership. Their goals over the first few months include:

1.Establish Dash as the first privacy-centric cryptographic currency that is based on Bitcoin software and addresses many of the problems of Bitcoin.
2.Increase understanding of Dash’s digital asset and unique blockchain technology.
3.Raise visibility around Dash’s technological achievements within the crypto community through a steady stream of news coverage, and begin to penetrate top-tier business and technology media through features and commentary.
4.Substantially increase the visibility of Dash in blogs and/or Web searches throughout the three-month campaign, as well as in social media mentions as a result of this increased coverage.
5.Increase understanding and demand for Dash, resulting in higher volume and price relative to Bitcoin.
The initial campaign, paid for by the blockchain through the decentralized budgeting process, will last for three months. At the end of this period, the Dash team will review Transform PR’s progress with respect to these goals. If the campaign was successful, additional campaigns will be planned and submitted for funding via the budgeting system.

About Michael Terpin

Terpin founded Marketwire, one of the world’s largest and most comprehensive international newswires. Marketwire employs more than 200 people and has annual revenues of more than $100 million, with offices on four continents. In early 2013, Terpin co-founded BitAngels, the first angel network for investors in cryptocurrency startups, which has grown to more than 500 members, completing two dozen investments. He has been a frequent speaker at leading technology and marketing conferences, including Ad:Tech, CES, E3, ETRE, NAB, PRSA and Social Media Week, as well as the vast majority of cryptocurrency conferences globally. He was a finalist in the 2000 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award.

Terpin holds an MFA in Creative Writing from SUNY at Buffalo and a dual Bachelor’s Degree in Newspaper Journalism and English Literature from Syracuse University. He serves as an advisor to SU’s Newhouse School of Public Communications, where he was inducted into its prestigious Wall of Fame in October 2000. Terpin is also a private investor and/or board member for several privately held technology start-up companies, and he is chairman of the PR industry digital media company, CommPro Global. He is regularly interviewed by Bloomberg, Entrepreneur, the Wall Street Journal and other leading media, as well as writes about digital asset topics for Barrons, Forbes, CoinDesk and Cointelegraph, among others.

About Transform PR

Transform Group, LLC is a full-service public relations, social media marketing and marketing strategy firm, with an international client base. The Firm has strong expertise in high technology, financial communications, media/entertainment, consumer electronics and consumer products. Headquartered in Las Vegas, with offices in Los Angeles and Silicon Valley, the Firm is dedicated to creating and sustaining industry leadership positions for its clients through superior strategy, relationships, market intelligence and consistent execution. Over the past two decades, the Firm has helped seize market leadership opportunities in fast-changing markets, including technology and consumer electronics; media and entertainment; finance and healthcare. The Firm has been at the forefront of establishing market trends, including the introduction of the first digital camera (Chinon), nationwide ISP (Earthlink), large-scale technology incubator (America Online Greenhouse), online financial community (The Motley Fool), first videogame superstar (Fatal1ty) and world’s largest call to action (Live 8 music concerts, with 27 million participants). The Firm has also been a leader in Internet marketing, technology crisis management, social media, and international market entry.

Transform Public Relations is the brand for the Firm’s public relations practice, layering in thought leadership and a focus on new paradigms and markets (including 3D, big data, Bitcoin, digital media, mobile, on-demand platforms, robotics/drones and SaaS). Transform Group is the leading PR firm in the cryptocurrency sector, having represented more than 40 companies, organizations and projects in the sectors since 2013, including Augur, Bitcoin Shop, Blade, ChangeTip, Factom, Gem, GEMS, GoCoin, Gyft, KnCMiner, Kraken, Mastercoin, MaidSafe, Rivetz, ShapeShift, Storj, Swarm and Tether.

SocialRadius is the social media marketing division of Transform Group. With roots going back to 2003, it is one of the nation’s first social media marketing agencies, pioneering many strategies and techniques that are common today. Success stories include the outreach for recording artist will.i.am’s Yes We Can video for the Obama campaign (which won 2008 Emmy, Global Media and Webby awards, as well as a 2009 Clio Gold Lion, garnering 50 million views on YouTube and 500 million traditional media impressions); social media event marketing for Live8, social mobile marketing at LiveEarth, the Green Inaugural Ball and the David Lynch Foundation; and the viral marketing of Scarface School Play for Rockhard Films (3 million views in two days).

Original text is available here: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/OC/Dash Partnership with Transform PR

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Riseman

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 09:46:47 PM

I'm all about playing with our friends on polo.  lol.  Thats partly my wall on there....and there is more ammunition if needed.  Miami was an amazing success.  Evolution as a crypto PayPal competitor is going to be awesome.  

Well, trolls are trolls with their own agenda but he may actually have a point here. With Evolution being years from completion there're no major news or updates in sight, as far as I see. So this might be the highest price we'll see this year. Also any other high volume action like ETH draws BTC from DASH market.

Highest price in this year?? LOL It's January now. Ok may I ask how do you know that Evolution is years from completion ??
And another point, price doesn't correlate with news or updates, as DASH did show it a lot of times.

I've read it somewhere in this thread and I can't find this post now. Neither can I find any ETA on the Dash website. Please tell me if I'm missing something.

I prefer to separate tech and price discussions. So "low price" is not equal to "end of DASH". Actually it's a very common concept here when people presume some coin "dead" if they don't like the market activity even if the developers are working hard.

Also I'll be watching this thread and posting comments even if I won't hold any Dash.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 10:13:13 PM

I've read it somewhere in this thread and I can't find this post now. Neither can I find any ETA on the Dash website. Please tell me if I'm missing something.

I prefer to separate tech and price discussions. So "low price" is not equal to "end of DASH". Actually it's a very common concept here when people presume some coin "dead" if they don't like the market activity even if the developers are working hard.

Also I'll be watching this thread and posting comments even if I won't hold any Dash.

Evan Duffield has said 1 to 1.5 years until completion numerous times now.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
Pages: « 1 ... 5610 5611 5612 5613 5614 5615 5616 5617 5618 5619 5620 5621 5622 5623 5624 5625 5626 5627 5628 5629 5630 5631 5632 5633 5634 5635 5636 5637 5638 5639 5640 5641 5642 5643 5644 5645 5646 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 5657 5658 5659 [5660] 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 5672 5673 5674 5675 5676 5677 5678 5679 5680 5681 5682 5683 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 5689 5690 5691 5692 5693 5694 5695 5696 5697 5698 5699 5700 5701 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 5710 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: