Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:26:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5623 5624 5625 5626 5627 5628 5629 5630 5631 5632 5633 5634 5635 5636 5637 5638 5639 5640 5641 5642 5643 5644 5645 5646 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 5657 5658 5659 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 5672 [5673] 5674 5675 5676 5677 5678 5679 5680 5681 5682 5683 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 5689 5690 5691 5692 5693 5694 5695 5696 5697 5698 5699 5700 5701 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 5710 5711 5712 5713 5714 5715 5716 5717 5718 5719 5720 5721 5722 5723 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722496 times)
BusterNutBag

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 03:11:02 PM

really liking the DASHTv site

http://dash-news.de/dashtv/?curr=USD&addr=<PUT YOU DASH ADDRESS HERE, COMMA SEPARATED>

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 03:56:10 PM

Pump Bitbay please

Thankyou.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 04:02:19 PM

anyone good in technical analysis ? Want to enter DASH world, but I think, price will go down, it is too soon after hype...It is really difference for me, to have builded masternode for 0.0056, against 0.0108 price nowadays, after pump and dump Sad

None of it ever makes any sense to me.  But keep in mind that pumps are hard to do with Dash.  So much of the coin is tied up in long term Masternode holders, and this seems to have an effect on prices.  We are not at all exciting to traders, hence our price remains low, probably until adoption starts to take off.  At that point, market pressures should bring up the price.  But almost all of the market is speculation and gambling.  So, no.  Unless you want a steady income by buying a Masternode, or buying into a group Masternode, I would not speculate on Dash for short term gain, personally.  You could sell when you think it's high, and it just keeps going up, buy when you think it's low, and it keeps going down.  It makes absolutely no sense, and the swings are generally very small, so you're better off earning 14% a year by holding a Masternode or playing the market elsewhere if you're good at that Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
JasonB

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 04:20:51 PM

TanteStefana2 : Thank you Smiley I just want to buy DASH and set masternode... And it is difference now for me, looking 3-4 weeks back, I would have 2 masternodes for 11 BTC.. Now it is 1masternode per 11BTC. I would probably wait for a month or so, if price will go down.
pille

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 04:32:42 PM

really liking the DASHTv site

http://dash-news.de/dashtv/?curr=USD&addr=<PUT YOU DASH ADDRESS HERE, COMMA SEPARATED>

Thank you, I'm happy to hear you like it. Some improvements/additions are planned.
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 04:43:08 PM

You're welcome.

With respect to the current Dash price, here's my theory. I'm probably completely wrong, but hear me out. In the recent price increase, we've lost over 100 masternodes. Presumably, many of those MN owners are hoping to buy back in for a lower price, and increase their holdings. If the price stays relatively stable for long enough (a week? a month? three months?), then some of them will assume the price is not in fact going to go down, and will buy back in, driving the price higher. A higher price could lead to panic buying, as people who really want to be invested in Dash seek to buy back in before the cost of doing so rises even further.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 04:49:25 PM

anyone good in technical analysis ? Want to enter DASH world, but I think, price will go down, it is too soon after hype...It is really difference for me, to have builded masternode for 0.0056, against 0.0108 price nowadays, after pump and dump Sad

None of it ever makes any sense to me.  But keep in mind that pumps are hard to do with Dash.  So much of the coin is tied up in long term Masternode holders, and this seems to have an effect on prices.  We are not at all exciting to traders, hence our price remains low, probably until adoption starts to take off.  At that point, market pressures should bring up the price.  But almost all of the market is speculation and gambling.  So, no.  Unless you want a steady income by buying a Masternode, or buying into a group Masternode, I would not speculate on Dash for short term gain, personally.  You could sell when you think it's high, and it just keeps going up, buy when you think it's low, and it keeps going down.  It makes absolutely no sense, and the swings are generally very small, so you're better off earning 14% a year by holding a Masternode or playing the market elsewhere if you're good at that Smiley
Dash's relative price stability is an asset.
Bitcoin's price volatility is typically viewed as a major weakness to users and investors.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 04:58:45 PM

There is a more simple answer, namely Chinese pumping literally everything that is in their reach.

Check -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1341729.msg13684861#msg13684861

And compare on CMC with the gains.

Those piecharts will also show that DASH (and XMR as well) barely have any Chinese volume, so are kind of left out of the "pump".

Can those charts really be true? Look at Bitcoin. China has more than that percentage of BTC volume, hasn`t it?

Depends, I am not sure if he took zero-fee exchanges out. That could explain the difference.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 05:18:56 PM

If the price stays relatively stable for long enough (a week? a month? three months?), then some of them will assume the price is not in fact going to go down, and will buy back in, driving the price higher. A higher price could lead to panic buying, as people who really want to be invested in Dash seek to buy back in before the cost of doing so rises even further.

Nice theory. Even nicer if it's right. It could well be.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 05:57:51 PM

TanteStefana2 : Thank you Smiley I just want to buy DASH and set masternode... And it is difference now for me, looking 3-4 weeks back, I would have 2 masternodes for 11 BTC.. Now it is 1masternode per 11BTC. I would probably wait for a month or so, if price will go down.

Yah, I'm sure you'll see some low points.  The trick is catching them Smiley  Good luck, I hope you can get almost 2 in the end Cheesy

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
BiteMyShinyMetalAss

Activity: 617
Merit: 509

Crypto Card - https://platinum.crypto.com/r/28cz7d

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 05:58:59 PM

Yah, I'm sure you'll see some low points.  The trick is catching them Smiley  Good luck, I hope you can get almost 2 in the end Cheesy

Well, anything is possible, its possible for the price to drop to 0.06 level, it is very likely to go up!

The best lending rates in 1 place www.21bitcoin.eu/interests
NEXO, CELSIUS, CDC and other tax reports www.21bitcoin.eu
Riseman

Activity: 690

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 06:14:39 PM

If the price stays relatively stable for long enough (a week? a month? three months?), then some of them will assume the price is not in fact going to go down, and will buy back in, driving the price higher. A higher price could lead to panic buying, as people who really want to be invested in Dash seek to buy back in before the cost of doing so rises even further.

As for me, I'm quite sure the price won't stay at the current level even for 1 month. Either the pump will continue or it will begin a long journey to the previous levels of 0.005-6 in case the manipulator has completely left the market.
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 06:23:34 PM

Yah, I'm sure you'll see some low points.  The trick is catching them Smiley  Good luck, I hope you can get almost 2 in the end Cheesy

Well, anything is possible, its possible for the price to drop to 0.06 level, it is very likely to go up!
In the morning I was more like to advise you to wait a little as the buy side was really thin..
But see go from 102 to 106 (and buy side growing a little)..., maybe buy little now and maybe wait to see what the trend will be next week.

But hard to say, just keep in mind that if you wait one month your MN would have generated for you ~14 DASH (in one month) if you bought it now Wink

Really hard to say as much of the time alt markets are irrationals, good luck for your MN.
ddink7
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 06:44:16 PM

As for me, I'm quite sure the price won't stay at the current level even for 1 month. Either the pump will continue or it will begin a long journey to the previous levels of 0.005-6 in case the manipulator has completely left the market.

I wonder if this isn't a pump, but a revaluation? We now know that over the last year, the Cryptsy hacker has dumped 7% of the entire supply of Dash (450,000 coins). This one person was artificially manipulating the market by dumping coins he should not have had (that presumably would have been in "stronger" hands).

Now that he's tapped out and is no longer suppressing the market by selling coins at any cost, price should rise. Assuming stable demand, a smaller available supply should result in higher prices. Yes, we've gone through a rapid price increase in the last two months, but maybe it's less of a pump and more of a situation where the market is adjusting to this new equilibrium.

Just a theory and I could be completely off base. It does stand to reason that the price should appreciate some, in any event, now that the manipulator is out of the market.

Dash - Digital Cash
Melech

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 06:44:28 PM

Its hard to know what the future will hold for the price...

I bought back in June for around .0115, which was a 6-month low at the time (granted BTC was only $230)

Dash has only spent ~3 of the last 12 months below .01 BTC

▄▄▓▓█▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓██▓▄▄
             ▄▓█▓▀                ▀▓█▓█
          ▄▓█▓      ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄      ▀█▓▄
        ▄▓██    ▄▓▓██████████████▓▓▄    ██▓▄
       ▓██    ▓▓████████▓▀▀██████████▓    ██▓
      ▓█░   █▓█████▓▀ ▓██  ▓██ ▀▓▓█████▓    ▓▓
     ▓█    ▓█████▀  ▄▓▓██████▓▓▓▄  ▓████▓    ██
    ▓██   █████▓ ▄▓▓  ▄██░▐███▄ ▀▓▓ ░▓███▓   ██▓
    ██    █████ █▓  ▓████░▐████▓█ █▓ ░█████   ██
    ██   ▐████ ▐█  ▓█████░▐██████░ █▌ █████   ██░
    ██   ▐████ ▐██ ▓█████░▐█████▓ █▓ ░█████   ██░
    ██    ████▓ █▓█ ▀▓▓██░▐██▓▓  █▓  ▓████    ██
    ▐█▓  ░████▓▄  ▀▓▓▄▄██░▐███▄▓▓  █▓████░   ██▌
     ▐██   ▓████▓▄▄  ▀██░▐███  ▄▓▓████▓░   ██▓
      ▐█▓    █▓██████▓▓██████▓▓████████    ▐█▓
       ▐█▓▄    ▀▓██████████████████▓▀    ▄▓██
         ▐█▓▄     ▀▀▓▓████████▓▓▀▀     ▄▓██
            ▓██▄                    ▄█▓▓▀
              ▀▓█▓▓▄▄          ▄▄▓▓█▓▀
                   ▀▀▓▓██████▓▓▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Together we can change
❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ the internet ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  Social Media
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
             ▄███`  ,▄▄,   ▀██▄
            ▐██▀  ▄███████   ██▌
          ,▄███   ████████▌  ▐██▄,
      ,▄███████▄  █▄▄██▄▄█  ▄███████▄▄
     ██████████████████████████████████,
    ▐████▌   ██████████████████   ▐█████
     ▀████▄▄████████▀  "████████▄▄████▀
       `▀████████████▄▄████████████▀▀
            '▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀
         ▄▄                      ▄▄
        ███          ▄▄⌐         ███
       ███           ██▌          ▀██
      ███            ██▌           ▀██
                     ██▌
ddink7
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 06:53:40 PM

Its hard to know what the future will hold for the price...

I bought back in June for around .0115, which was a 6-month low at the time (granted BTC was only $230)

Dash has only spent ~3 of the last 12 months below .01 BTC

Agreed. Every time the price dips to $4, I kick myself for not selling at $4.60 and buying back in. Then every time the price rises to $4.60, I wonder if it might not be on a sustained upward trend and decide not to take the chance =)

Dash - Digital Cash
Riseman

Activity: 690

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 07:25:55 PM

I wonder if this isn't a pump, but a revaluation? We now know that over the last year, the Cryptsy hacker has dumped 7% of the entire supply of Dash (450,000 coins). This one person was artificially manipulating the market by dumping coins he should not have had (that presumably would have been in "stronger" hands).

Now that he's tapped out and is no longer suppressing the market by selling coins at any cost, price should rise. Assuming stable demand, a smaller available supply should result in higher prices. Yes, we've gone through a rapid price increase in the last two months, but maybe it's less of a pump and more of a situation where the market is adjusting to this new equilibrium.

Just a theory and I could be completely off base. It does stand to reason that the price should appreciate some, in any event, now that the manipulator is out of the market.

I personally don't believe in any sort of "healthy" or "natural" growth in crypto and think that every big upward movement was orchestrated by someone who wants to make money from panic buyers and eventually dump on them. The only "healthy" thing any crypto market can have is a slow stagnation when no manipulation is taking place.

I also feel quite skeptical regarding those stolen coins. If you compare the Dash market to most other altcoins at that period you'll see that most of them were being slowly dumped. Some even more than Dash. My theory to this is that big holders somehow anticipated the upcoming Bitcoin pump and wanted to sell it for fiat at the right time. So these stolen coins are either a convenient excuse for someone or they didn't play much role in this in the end.

Of course, these are all just my assumptions based on market observations and I can be wrong.
ddink7
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 07:33:57 PM

I personally don't believe in any sort of "healthy" or "natural" growth in crypto and think that every big upward movement was orchestrated by someone who wants to make money from panic buyers and eventually dump on them. The only "healthy" thing any crypto market can have is a slow stagnation when no manipulation is taking place.

I also feel quite skeptical regarding those stolen coins. If you compare the Dash market to most other altcoins at that period you'll see that most of them were being slowly dumped. Some even more than Dash. My theory to this is that big holders somehow anticipated the upcoming Bitcoin pump and wanted to sell it for fiat at the right time. So these stolen coins are either a convenient excuse for someone or they didn't play much role in this in the end.

Of course, these are all just my assumptions based on market observations and I can be wrong.

We only know four things for sure:
a) 450,000 Dash were stolen from Cryptsy
b) All those 450,000 Dash were sold over the last year
c) All those Dash are now gone; the dumper has exhausted his coins
d) 450,000 coins dumped on the market over the course of a year would have a significant impact on the price

Beyond that, who knows what market manipulation may exist behind the scenes. Still, there are now tens of thousands fewer coins per month being dumped on the market. That is going to have some effect. Maybe not $2.25 (November 2015) to $4.20 (January 27, 2016), but definitely *some* effect.

Dash - Digital Cash
italeffect

Activity: 255

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 07:39:26 PM

d) 450,000 coins dumped on the market over the course of a year would have a significant impact on the price

Can you please point me to the evidence of the above? I must have missed it.

Dash: Xdopotr3eAHpsSCMkUyU2YWP3WQWb5X3t8
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 07:47:02 PM

Beyond that, who knows what market manipulation may exist behind the scenes. Still, there are now tens of thousands fewer coins per month being dumped on the market. That is going to have some effect. Maybe not $2.25 (November 2015) to $4.20 (January 27, 2016), but definitely *some* effect.

Regarding (a), from what I've read, Cryptsy hasn't said that their DASH were stolen. So there is high probability that Cryptsy itself sold the DASH to pay out BTC and LTC withdrawals, creating an "oversold" market situation.

IIRC the Bitcoins and Litecoins that were supposedly stolen, didn't move after the "theft" or theft. They were just directed in some addresses and they were stationary there for all this time. So if DASH was stolen and sold, then it would break the pattern of the thief. If he wanted BTC, he already had them, so... no need to sell DASH to get BTC. Therefore, if we accept the theft story etc etc, it makes more sense for cryptsy to have sold the coins and this is consistent with 1) what cryptsy said 2) the state of BTC/LTC funds that were supposedly "static" after the theft versus DASH which was gradually dumped.
Pages: « 1 ... 5623 5624 5625 5626 5627 5628 5629 5630 5631 5632 5633 5634 5635 5636 5637 5638 5639 5640 5641 5642 5643 5644 5645 5646 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 5657 5658 5659 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 5672 [5673] 5674 5675 5676 5677 5678 5679 5680 5681 5682 5683 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 5689 5690 5691 5692 5693 5694 5695 5696 5697 5698 5699 5700 5701 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 5710 5711 5712 5713 5714 5715 5716 5717 5718 5719 5720 5721 5722 5723 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: