Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:47:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5609 5610 5611 5612 5613 5614 5615 5616 5617 5618 5619 5620 5621 5622 5623 5624 5625 5626 5627 5628 5629 5630 5631 5632 5633 5634 5635 5636 5637 5638 5639 5640 5641 5642 5643 5644 5645 5646 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 5657 5658 [5659] 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 5672 5673 5674 5675 5676 5677 5678 5679 5680 5681 5682 5683 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 5689 5690 5691 5692 5693 5694 5695 5696 5697 5698 5699 5700 5701 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 10:58:20 AM

dashevolution.com...

*clicky*

We will be writing the software for this project in stages, the first stage will take about 2 months to have a very early prototype for Dash Evolution that includes a basic implementation of DashDrive, Primitives, DAPI and a simple T3 wallet. In six to eight months, we should be entering testnet phase with most basic functionality. In 12-18 months, we plan for the first release version (a stable prototype).

Included below is our current work on Evolution, that adds many components such as:

DashDrive – A decentralized shared file system that lives on the second tier network
    DAPI – A decentralized API which allows third tier users to access the network securely
    DashPay Decentralized Wallets – These wallets are light clients connected to the network via DAPI and run on various platforms
    Second Tier – The masternode network, which provides compensated infrastructure for the project
    Budgets – The second tier is given voting power to allocate funds for specific projects on the network via the budget system
    Governance – The second tier is given voting power to govern the currency and chart the course the currency takes
    Quorum Chain – This feature introduces a permanent stable masternode list, which can be used to calculate past and present quorums
    Social Wallet – We introduce a social wallet, which allows friends lists, grouping of users and shared multisig accounts.
    DSQL – A query language for administering the network via majority quorums (banning users, setting important network variables such as sporks on/off, etc)

Evolution is nothing but a roadmap?

It was sold to us as some crazy revolutionary new game-changing feature.

And it turns out to actually be nothing more than a giant stack of vaporware.

Why not first finish working on Masternode blinding, and reducing the hours-to-days coin mixing time down to something reasonable (and competitive), instead of doing crap like DashDrive?

There are a dozen other "decentralized shared file system" projects out there, like Storj and Sia and Maidsafe.

Why would Dash be making yet another me-too one of those, instead of fixing the ridiculous hours-to-days problem with its broken coin mixing?!?

"banning users?"  WTF.  So I have to not offend anyone at The Darkcoin Foundation Inc or risk being banned?  Can Evan reverse transactions also?  OMG I can't even...

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 11:05:14 AM

Remote Dash n' Drink Purchase using Dash's InstantX:

http://youtu.be/kO7CEq80ASs

What a great promotional piece ToS, Love it!
Thank you for your kind words.

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 11:11:27 AM

Yeah, the Evolution demo ED gave earlier today.

I watched it and I don't remember anything about it being mandatory. The user accounts are trading addresses in order to send transactions. Why couldn't you just send to an address without using an account?

The whole third tier is designed around having some sort of pseudonym on the network, so yes to use Evolution it would be mandatory. However, nothing is really finalized at this point. I'm still really early in the process of designing the system. Was there some problem with have a permanent pseudonym? If it were mandatory, that would mean you couldn't use evolution without an account on the network, but it doesn't mean anything you do on the network with that account would be identifiable. It's just a means of connecting people who want to be connected basically.

Yeah, Evan, could we just make the whole social networking thing optional? Some of us would prefer using Dash only as a currency for what it inherently is.. Btw thank you for all of this and your ongoing commitment. Smiley

=>

My understanding is that Evolution is in the 3rd tier so the 1st and 2nd ones will provide the same functionality they provide today.
Evolution is optional as in Paypal is optional.

That would be epic.  Where can I read that officially?

Yes, this is correct.

So it'll be the exact same thing as now if, say, you work with a simple / non-evolution wallet.
wackyD

Activity: 170
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 11:37:01 AM

Dash Block Size Increase to 2 MB Has Been Accepted

While the Bitcoin debate around the block size continues the alternative crypt currency Dash, formerly known as DarkCoin, has shown how a consensus about an increase of the block size can be reached quickly and efficiently.

http://cryptomining-blog.com/6440-dash-block-size-increase-to-2-mb-has-been-accepted/

Simply amazing.. consensus was reached within days..
Riseman

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 12:17:22 PM

Masternodes are down, looks like some people are looking for quick profits.  The only thing I can say is from experience, if you want them back, you may end up paying more for them!  Good luck Cheesy

Not only profits, I suppose. Now it is the first opportunity to break even for people who bought dash 6 months ago or earlier.
BusterNutBag

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 12:22:28 PM

Just found this......

NOT a mandatory update V56

https://dashtalk.org/threads/v12-release.5888/page-61#post-80202

-------------
we have relased a maintenance release of Dash 0.12.0 series - the update not mandatory.

The binaries are available at https://www.dash.org/downloads/

0.12.0.56 Release Notes

This is a maintenance update, fixing the minor bugs below:

UdjinM6: fix N5boost10filesystem16filesystem_errorE on freebsd (#630)
    UdjinM6: add missing maps cleaning in CMasternodeMan::Clear()(#631)
    thelazier: Fix Misbehaving counting during Masternode Sync (#635)
    schinzelh: fix Travis-CI definition (86d4672)
    schinzelh: fix translation config for Italian (#673)
    crowning: Transaction View: LastMonth calculation fixed (1e59cf0)
    schinzelh: update checkpoint (274145f)

Thanks to all contributors.

Holger, Dash Core Team
-----------------------

afreer

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 02:08:58 PM

This is my most favorite slide of the Dash presentation:
http://s020.radikal.ru/i716/1601/ec/71717801ebc5.png

The most beautiful compare  Wink Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

"Mobile Bitcoin wallets don't all necessarily rely on "a centralized gateway." EG, I can tell my phone's SPV client to use a full node I run myself."

It's about mobile access without a centralized gateway or additional software which is the only method mainstream users will realistically adopt because that is what users in 2016 are already used to.  Or they can use PayPal or BitPay, both centralized services.

Sure there are ways to use Bitcoin decentralized on the move, it's just they're not exactly usable, e.g. https://i.imgur.com/8bchO0S.jpg  Cheesy

afreer

Activity: 54

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 02:47:18 PM

http://s020.radikal.ru/i716/1601/ec/71717801ebc5.png

The most beautiful compare  Wink Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

"Mobile Bitcoin wallets don't all necessarily rely on "a centralized gateway." EG, I can tell my phone's SPV client to use a full node I run myself."

It's about mobile access without a centralized gateway or additional software which is the only method mainstream users will realistically adopt because that is what users in 2016 are already used to.  Or they can use PayPal or BitPay, both centralized services.

Sure there are ways to use Bitcoin decentralized on the move, it's just they're not exactly usable, e.g. https://i.imgur.com/8bchO0S.jpg  Cheesy

Do you think DASH's Dapi could attract more developer than Etherium? Or is it easier to write DAPI than Etherium Apps? I don't know much about Etherium but it sound like DASH Evolution without the currency features. Edit: Does Etherium make use of a second tier masternode network or how do they decentralise their Apps?

"Do you think DASH's Dapi could attract more developer than Etherium? Or is it easier to write DAPI than Etherium Apps? "

I think Ethereum have done a great job opening up the system to developers and getting them involved with all the tools and platforms they need to build DAPPs.

DAPI is a bit different because it's an interface not a language - e.g. with DAPPs you are writing code that runs within the ethereum network to perform specific tasks, whereas DAPI you are accessing the Dash network from external apps. 

DAPI will definitely be easier to work with as a developer because it fits into existing standards, e.g. to DAPI enable a website for payment functions, you'll just include a Javascript library and call a few functions for decentralized access, whereas writing DAPPs there is a learning curve to learn a new language.

I think DAPI will attract more developers ultimately because it's about hooking decentralized Dash payments into the web and mobile systems so there are presumably a lot more applications to integrate DAPI than build internal programs for Ethereum although i don't know the Ethereum road map and this depends on DAPI getting traction (which is what we are all working for).

Regarding comparisons of Ethereum / Dash, they are really for different things, I wrote about it upthread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg13074815#msg13074815.  Dash is the only crypto to add tiers on top of the single-tier model every other crypto uses though and I think that's the future because it lets you keep everything decentralized and build decentralized services on top like we are doing.
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 03:24:16 PM

The most beautiful compare  Wink Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

It's about mobile access without a centralized gateway or additional software which is the only method mainstream users will realistically adopt because that is what users in 2016 are already used to.  Or they can use PayPal or BitPay, both centralized services.

Sure there are ways to use Bitcoin decentralized on the move, it's just they're not exactly usable, e.g. https://i.imgur.com/8bchO0S.jpg  Cheesy

Do you think DASH's Dapi could attract more developer than Etherium? Or is it easier to write DAPI than Etherium Apps? I don't know much about Etherium but it sound like DASH Evolution without the currency features. Edit: Does Etherium make use of a second tier masternode network or how do they decentralise their Apps?

"Do you think DASH's Dapi could attract more developer than Etherium? Or is it easier to write DAPI than Etherium Apps? "

I think Ethereum have done a great job opening up the system to developers and getting them involved with all the tools and platforms they need to build DAPPs.

DAPI is a bit different because it's an interface not a language - e.g. with DAPPs you are writing code that runs within the ethereum network to perform specific tasks, whereas DAPI you are accessing the Dash network from external apps. 

DAPI will definitely be easier to work with as a developer because it fits into existing standards, e.g. to DAPI enable a website for payment functions, you'll just include a Javascript library and call a few functions for decentralized access, whereas writing DAPPs there is a learning curve to learn a new language.

I think DAPI will attract more developers ultimately because it's about hooking decentralized Dash payments into the web and mobile systems so there are presumably a lot more applications to integrate DAPI than build internal programs for Ethereum although i don't know the Ethereum road map and this depends on DAPI getting traction (which is what we are all working for).

Regarding comparisons of Ethereum / Dash, they are really for different things, I wrote about it upthread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg13074815#msg13074815.  Dash is the only crypto to add tiers on top of the single-tier model every other crypto uses though and I think that's the future because it lets you keep everything decentralized and build decentralized services on top like we are doing.

Nice explaination, tks for that.
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 03:35:13 PM

Something smells fishy in Crypto Town:

If someone decides to dump 0.5% of DASH in circulation (30k) price drops to 0.006 BTC (-52%)
If someone decides to dump 0.5% of XMR in circulation (54k) price drops to 0.00126 BTC (-11%)

Though the market cap of XMR is 6 times smaller than DASH marketcap.

#rationalmarkets 
DunningKruger

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 03:41:00 PM

If someone decides to dump 0.5% of DASH in circulation (30k) price drops to 0.006 BTC (-52%)
If someone decides to dump 0.5% of XMR in circulation (54k) price drops to 0.00126 BTC (-11%)

#rationalmarkets 

hey genius  Roll Eyes
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 03:43:12 PM

#rationalmarkets 

hey genius  Roll Eyes

You can be glad that I didn't pick a dumping percentage of 1... That would drop DASH to almost zero...
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 03:49:12 PM

That would drop DASH to almost zero...

https://youtu.be/tbU3zdAgiX8

Kiss
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 04:17:19 PM

To be fair, bid/ask depth is only one measure of liquidity. To get a better image one should also look at the ratio of average volume to market cap.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
Melech

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 04:41:32 PM

To be fair, nearly any coin, commodity, or stock will drop a TON in value if someone dumps 0.5% of the total available supply at once...

How much would bitcoin price drop if someone dumped 75,582 BTC at once? ($29,500,000)

Not a good indicator of anything...

▄▄▓▓█▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓██▓▄▄
             ▄▓█▓▀                ▀▓█▓█
          ▄▓█▓      ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄      ▀█▓▄
        ▄▓██    ▄▓▓██████████████▓▓▄    ██▓▄
       ▓██    ▓▓████████▓▀▀██████████▓    ██▓
      ▓█░   █▓█████▓▀ ▓██  ▓██ ▀▓▓█████▓    ▓▓
     ▓█    ▓█████▀  ▄▓▓██████▓▓▓▄  ▓████▓    ██
    ▓██   █████▓ ▄▓▓  ▄██░▐███▄ ▀▓▓ ░▓███▓   ██▓
    ██    █████ █▓  ▓████░▐████▓█ █▓ ░█████   ██
    ██   ▐████ ▐█  ▓█████░▐██████░ █▌ █████   ██░
    ██   ▐████ ▐██ ▓█████░▐█████▓ █▓ ░█████   ██░
    ██    ████▓ █▓█ ▀▓▓██░▐██▓▓  █▓  ▓████    ██
    ▐█▓  ░████▓▄  ▀▓▓▄▄██░▐███▄▓▓  █▓████░   ██▌
     ▐██   ▓████▓▄▄  ▀██░▐███  ▄▓▓████▓░   ██▓
      ▐█▓    █▓██████▓▓██████▓▓████████    ▐█▓
       ▐█▓▄    ▀▓██████████████████▓▀    ▄▓██
         ▐█▓▄     ▀▀▓▓████████▓▓▀▀     ▄▓██
            ▓██▄                    ▄█▓▓▀
              ▀▓█▓▓▄▄          ▄▄▓▓█▓▀
                   ▀▀▓▓██████▓▓▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Together we can change
❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ the internet ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  Social Media
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
             ▄███`  ,▄▄,   ▀██▄
            ▐██▀  ▄███████   ██▌
          ,▄███   ████████▌  ▐██▄,
      ,▄███████▄  █▄▄██▄▄█  ▄███████▄▄
     ██████████████████████████████████,
    ▐████▌   ██████████████████   ▐█████
     ▀████▄▄████████▀  "████████▄▄████▀
       `▀████████████▄▄████████████▀▀
            '▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀
         ▄▄                      ▄▄
        ███          ▄▄⌐         ███
       ███           ██▌          ▀██
      ███            ██▌           ▀██
                     ██▌
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 04:48:26 PM

Dash Block Size Increase to 2 MB Has Been Accepted

While the Bitcoin debate around the block size continues the alternative crypt currency Dash, formerly known as DarkCoin, has shown how a consensus about an increase of the block size can be reached quickly and efficiently.

http://cryptomining-blog.com/6440-dash-block-size-increase-to-2-mb-has-been-accepted/

And that was totally a quick consensus in my opinion, since Bitcoin is still having issues with getting this whole Block size issue solved. Big miners and some users of the community have not gone to an agreement to make this happen for BTC. Luckily, DASH has achieved this quickly and it shows us that true democracy could be achieved.  Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Lebubar
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 04:53:47 PM

Champion, 30k Dash represents 360 BTC. While 56k of your shit represent 75BTC.
Compare what is comparable.
coinrus9

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 05:01:37 PM

can see by my address where i got DASH from ?
kangjooe

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 05:05:09 PM

wow... so many dump right now  Shocked
Lebubar
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 05:16:25 PM

can see by my address where i got DASH from ?
Go here  https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/
And put the transaction id.
Pages: « 1 ... 5609 5610 5611 5612 5613 5614 5615 5616 5617 5618 5619 5620 5621 5622 5623 5624 5625 5626 5627 5628 5629 5630 5631 5632 5633 5634 5635 5636 5637 5638 5639 5640 5641 5642 5643 5644 5645 5646 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 5657 5658 [5659] 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 5672 5673 5674 5675 5676 5677 5678 5679 5680 5681 5682 5683 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 5689 5690 5691 5692 5693 5694 5695 5696 5697 5698 5699 5700 5701 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: