Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:20:11 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5625 5626 5627 5628 5629 5630 5631 5632 5633 5634 5635 5636 5637 5638 5639 5640 5641 5642 5643 5644 5645 5646 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 5657 5658 5659 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 5672 5673 5674 [5675] 5676 5677 5678 5679 5680 5681 5682 5683 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 5689 5690 5691 5692 5693 5694 5695 5696 5697 5698 5699 5700 5701 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 5710 5711 5712 5713 5714 5715 5716 5717 5718 5719 5720 5721 5722 5723 5724 5725 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722705 times)
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 12:01:37 AM

Miami Conference Next Development Goals

https://dashtalk.org/threads/miami-conference-next-development-goals.7837/

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 12:10:36 AM

They should be a little more realistic and responsible in the proposals

I agree.  The crapulent Evolution roadmap to vaporware not only sucks up resources better spend polishing Dash's existing UX and lagging coin-mixing features, but commits the project to goals unattainable given the present low-budget, single-developer state of Dash.

Why try to make yet another BURST/SIA/STROJ/MAIDSAFE?  That's not Dash's core competency.

What makes Evan believe he can magically do a better job than the 1st-10th movers in the distributed storage space?  Is he just going to copy their work and rebrand it with some new name, like he did with GreenAddress (InstantX) and CoinJoin (DarkSend)?

And the rest of the Evolusham roadmap is just as bad.  Mandatory social network accounts?  Banning users?  That's a joke, right?

Dash needs to do one thing, and do it better than anyone else.  It had the chance with Darkcoin, but wasted the opportunity.

Still, trying to do way too much in 12-18 months only guarantees all of the resulting software will be shoddy, obsolete, and useless.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
BusterNutBag

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 12:10:57 AM

From the creators of the Dash N Drink, we bring you a phase 2 proposal called Vendor-Experience.  After all of the interest the Dash N Drink showed in Miami, we anticipate future products we create and present will do the same.  Please vote and or ask any questions.

https://www.dashwhale.org/p/Vendor-Experience

We believe the best way to grow Dash is to give users a place to spend their Dash.  Dash has an advantage over any other crypto with InstantX that can enable point of sale purchases without risk.  We plan to utilize this advantage to show projects in the real world.

The initial project we implemented was the Dash N Drink soda machine.  The key to making this project was to implement InstantX detection and trigger a machine credit.  This has now opened the door for the next phase.

The next projects we will work on will include more sophisticated interfaces that will take engineering and software to connect to properly.  We will be updating mobile wallets so they work quickly and easily. We expect to deploy actual products in actual stores.

The core team members coordinating this project are Camosoul, Moocowmoo, and Solarminer.

dash-cli mnbudget vote-many 1cfc2525f33d8dee81640f6860fc85751acea552724ec58d6619f7fcee694ea1 yes

Solar, the dashNdrink was epic, really good idea, and yes I agree to vote for budget to made more products like this (using advantage of instantX).

But why put a proposal with an end paying period in 2024? Why so long?
This is really too long, I don't think the MN owner will vote for something so long... why not make a 3 months proposal? And after the 3 months made another?

while a pain - They can be down voted in any month not to pay out

Hello!

It’s definitely interesting to see how people are using the budget system already although only a few months old. The soda machine was a great project to show off one of the main features of Dash, instant transactions. Now I’m really interested to see where you’re going with this project.

Can we have some more information about the project, the vending machine and how you’re planning on operating this?

Here’s some of our main concerns:

We don’t know what’s happening to the vending machine that was already made, who owns this vending machine and what’s the plan for it?
What are you going to be purchasing with the $3000? Can you give us an itemized breakdown?
Can you give us a plan on how you aim to use these funds each month?
Would it be possible to come up with milestones for this project? What are you planning on accomplishing? How will it benefit the ecosystem?
Are you planning on selling vending machines, components of them eventually, or something like this? Who will earn these rewards?

I would assume if the masternode network is funding your operation, it should receive a cut of the profits each quarter paid out as dividends. I would like to also establish some sort of agreement between yourselves and the Darkcoin foundation as well to make that agreement official.  

I’m curious what the answers are, as that will inform the decision of the masternode network. Funding is starting to get tight on the network so we definitely need to be careful that we’ll have great return on the network’s investment.

Regards,

Evan

(xposted on DashWhale)

We view this proposal as a core requirement for Dash adoption, not something that is for a single merchant application or single product.  If anyone would rather only support this proposal for 1 month/3 months just vote it out when you want.  We plan to deliver and keep pushing the envelope of possibilities.

We plan to initially target easier devices and as we learn get to more complicated infrastructure projects.  This is the plan as we have it now, but that could change based on vendor participation or types of products available.

Vending machine with multiple products that uses a custom interface.
- Design software to communicate with interface, implement multiple product selection within the dash wallet.

Gas pumps
- Design software to communicate with the pump controller, implement a wifi captive portal checkout with one product.

Dash Sky Store Checkout
- Design a wifi captive portal with multiple products.  Implement the Dash Fast Lane - no register checkout.

We will be getting assistance from inside and outside the Dash space.  Each application will win press releases and additional status as a leading crypto similar to how we won publicity with the Dash N Drink.

As for the questions about what happens to the products after we are done, we expect them to be in the hands of a merchant who will actually use them.  This will bring ongoing publicity along with proof of concept for other merchants to adopt and a base for testing.  The valuable part of all these projects is the software, publicity and to gain adoption.  The software will be open source as much as possible.  The intent is not to make a business to sell products but to show how products can be used in real world scenarios.

Just seems a bit rushed - not enough details
$3000 a month and $36000 per year really does need a HUGE explaination
noah tall

Activity: 524
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 12:12:18 AM

What's the best way to achieve DASH adoption?  By getting merchants to use it.  They can save 3-5% in bank fees, avoid chargebacks, and save time and effort and the checkout.  The only way this can happen is if somebody makes it happen.

VOTE YES! 

dash-cli mnbudget vote-many 1cfc2525f33d8dee81640f6860fc85751acea552724ec58d6619f7fcee694ea1 yes

Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 01:07:53 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2016, 01:20:09 AM by Lebubar

This proposal can be downvoted anytime.  Why keep submitting proposal after proposal after proposal?  If it gets downvoted, then resubmit something else at that time.

Because you have to make an estimation of the costs/budget you need for the proposal.
After a 3 months period you can make a point of what has been done, what will be need, etc, and adjust the proposal ( adjust payment if needed, adjust description with more details, ...) for the next period.

Otherwise a detail roadmap is needed for the next 8 years.

Edit: anyway i will probably vote yes because there is the option of downvoting and love the work done on the soda dispenser, but really 8 years is ...long.

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 01:14:13 AM

Its hard to know what the future will hold for the price...

I bought back in June for around .0115, which was a 6-month low at the time (granted BTC was only $230)

Dash has only spent ~3 of the last 12 months below .01 BTC

Agreed. Every time the price dips to $4, I kick myself for not selling at $4.60 and buying back in. Then every time the price rises to $4.60, I wonder if it might not be on a sustained upward trend and decide not to take the chance =)

This is me!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
oaxaca

Activity: 671
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 01:25:41 AM

After everything these guys went through, they deserve the benefit of the doubt.  Vote YES and see where it goes.
mjsrs

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 01:39:41 AM

From the creators of the Dash N Drink, we bring you a phase 2 proposal called Vendor-Experience.  After all of the interest the Dash N Drink showed in Miami, we anticipate future products we create and present will do the same.  Please vote and or ask any questions.

We believe the best way to grow Dash is to give users a place to spend their Dash.  Dash has an advantage over any other crypto with InstantX that can enable point of sale purchases without risk.  We plan to utilize this advantage to show projects in the real world.

The initial project we implemented was the Dash N Drink soda machine.  The key to making this project was to implement InstantX detection and trigger a machine credit.  This has now opened the door for the next phase.

The next projects we will work on will include more sophisticated interfaces that will take engineering and software to connect to properly.  We will be updating mobile wallets so they work quickly and easily. We expect to deploy actual products in actual stores.

The core team members coordinating this project are Camosoul, Moocowmoo, and Solarminer.

Solar, the dashNdrink was epic, really good idea, and yes I agree to vote for budget to made more products like this (using advantage of instantX).

This is really too long, I don't think the MN owner will vote for something so long... why not make a 3 months proposal? And after the 3 months made another?

Hello!

It’s definitely interesting to see how people are using the budget system already although only a few months old. The soda machine was a great project to show off one of the main features of Dash, instant transactions. Now I’m really interested to see where you’re going with this project.

Can we have some more information about the project, the vending machine and how you’re planning on operating this?

We don’t know what’s happening to the vending machine that was already made, who owns this vending machine and what’s the plan for it?
What are you going to be purchasing with the $3000? Can you give us an itemized breakdown?
Would it be possible to come up with milestones for this project? What are you planning on accomplishing? How will it benefit the ecosystem?
Are you planning on selling vending machines, components of them eventually, or something like this? Who will earn these rewards?

I would assume if the masternode network is funding your operation, it should receive a cut of the profits each quarter paid out as dividends. I would like to also establish some sort of agreement between yourselves and the Darkcoin foundation as well to make that agreement official.  

I’m curious what the answers are, as that will inform the decision of the masternode network. Funding is starting to get tight on the network so we definitely need to be careful that we’ll have great return on the network’s investment.

Regards,

Evan

(xposted on DashWhale)

We view this proposal as a core requirement for Dash adoption, not something that is for a single merchant application or single product.  If anyone would rather only support this proposal for 1 month/3 months just vote it out when you want.  We plan to deliver and keep pushing the envelope of possibilities.

We plan to initially target easier devices and as we learn get to more complicated infrastructure projects.  This is the plan as we have it now, but that could change based on vendor participation or types of products available.

- Design software to communicate with interface, implement multiple product selection within the dash wallet.

Gas pumps
- Design software to communicate with the pump controller, implement a wifi captive portal checkout with one product.

Dash Sky Store Checkout
- Design a wifi captive portal with multiple products.  Implement the Dash Fast Lane - no register checkout.

We will be getting assistance from inside and outside the Dash space.  Each application will win press releases and additional status as a leading crypto similar to how we won publicity with the Dash N Drink.

As for the questions about what happens to the products after we are done, we expect them to be in the hands of a merchant who will actually use them.  This will bring ongoing publicity along with proof of concept for other merchants to adopt and a base for testing.  The valuable part of all these projects is the software, publicity and to gain adoption.  The software will be open source as much as possible.  The intent is not to make a business to sell products but to show how products can be used in real world scenarios.

if it was a proposal from Evan you would all give a free pass without a blink
core-team budget: 1176 DASH x 100 payments and normally he just spits out a TODO list (more kind of wish list)
this proposal is as much important as core development. it should be core development.

https://dash-stats.com XoPGniokL6rRahoKviBza8oqWSTyUQPkAF
BusterNutBag

Activity: 96

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 01:44:29 AM

Hello!

Regards,

Evan

(xposted on DashWhale)

Gas pumps

Dash Sky Store Checkout

if it was a proposal from Evan you would all give a free pass without a blink
core-team budget: 1176 DASH x 100 payments and normally he just spits out a TODO list (more kind of wish list)
this proposal is as much important as core development. it should be core development.

Now - now - I'm not a YES man
I have voted down some Evan proposals..... so.....
oaxaca

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 01:47:39 AM

Now - now - I'm not a YES man
I have voted down some Evan proposals..... so.....

There is absolutely NO reason to oppose this plan.  It can be downvoted any time.  These coins will be burnt for February if this doesn't pass.
raico

Activity: 115

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 02:52:48 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2016, 03:15:14 AM by raico

I actually think Dash is dodging a bullet not being controlled by altcoin Chinese exchanges. How reliable are those numbers coming in from China and how many western investors are actually depositing money into Chinese altcoin exchanges to try to participate in these pumps?

And we are not talking BTCC, OKCoin or Huobi, we are talking the smaller type Chinese exchanges. So I think if you see projects like Monero or Dash it clearly shows for whatever reason that the chinese speculators are not in control of those projects. Which I think makes them healthier to hold, who would want to be buying into the chinese pumps at this stage? It just makes me really uneasy.

Just my personal opinion. Dash is doing great this year, the fact that it is harder to manipulate is a good sign.

Truth been told..

As a Chinese Cryptocurreny investor, Dash only investor more accurately at the present, I feel and see much more " altcoin manipulation " in Chinese small exchanges. Such as Jubi(聚币) and Yuanbao(元宝网). In fact, most of the "altcoin" there is not Cryptocurrency like BTC (you may know the reason why i do this.. Because from my point of view, BTC has a trend towards this situation, Not only Chinese Miner but also other part of the whole industry chain of BTC. Like (Chinese) Exchange, Mining machine manufacturer, and the most important: the (Chinese) Crypto Media which bring much more "fresh meat" to the trap. )\Dash. Nearly all of these "altcoin" there are just in the name of the virtual currency, but a real Tool/Scam for profite by pump & dump manipulate by someone and/or the exchange. These altcoin just some Copy/Paste from the Github and change a name/parameters, add a Logo, talk about good interests with these Exchange. And finally, BOOM~~ one altcoin/Scam is ready for action.....

Oh, I Do have invested BTC and LTC, all my BTC have or are transferring to the Dash. The only purpose of my BTC farm is Dash now....

The Dash project is the only worth of investment project in the Cryptoworld at the present and has huge potential in the futhure. I don't even bother about the ETH. The ETH's closed ecosystem will limit its development. if people want to use the ETH resource they have to get themself blend in the ETH closed ecosystem completely... The Internet has developed for decades, ETH want to reinvent the wheel? One of my friends(which another Dash investor) compared ETH to Apple. In some point, i agree with him. But How Apple become such scale and its closed ecosystem? Thanks for the special historic oppourtunity in 2007,2008... Does ETH have? I don't think so.

Dash is doing THE Great Evolution: the Final step of Massive adoption, IMHO. From the BI (source: https://news.bitcoin.com/paypals-venmo-beating-bitcoin-p2p-payments/ ), Just the Mobile P2P Payment market will reach estimate about 86 Billions of U.S Dollars.

There are some questions:
- Do we have a better Network/Service in the Crypto than Dash?
- If Dash would get the 1% of that Market cap in 2018 or later.. Then how much is the market capitalisation of the Dash?
- Let's say we draftly have about 8 million supply...
- Now you get my point?

And the most important thing is: Dash have a robust mechanism (Masternode system/DGbB/Voting System) which ensure a healthy development of the future for Dash. If any other competitors do not have such foundation. Even if they grow up, How do you ensure that they are not another BTC?

IMHO: here is a Dash Road Map: Dash Evolution --> More and more Merchant/User adoption --> Banks and financial capital on board( i do really think Bank should pay more attention to Dash, There are so many field in the Dash ecosystem that the Banks would get a huge market profits).

Dash Evolution (not the Dev team and the whole community are doing right now.) would be an Evolution that occured step by step and from bottom(more and more ordinary people adoption) to the upper level (Banks and financial capital).

B.T.W: The Dash Chinese Team is also "Open fire" for the Dash Evolution.. (Tungfa, Fernando, Daniel, Alexy,落叶,Heisenberg,Kalfka,青帮,Dasher(not one in here).....and Naruto (a little bit shy but also very talent))

Sorry about my English...

Raico

Dash
All good for Bitcoin is good for Crypto-Currency, at the present~
All good for Crypto-Currency is good for Dash, in the end~
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 03:18:14 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2016, 03:40:50 AM by Minotaur26

I actually think Dash is dodging a bullet not being controlled by altcoin Chinese exchanges. How reliable are those numbers coming in from China and how many western investors are actually depositing money into Chinese altcoin exchanges to try to participate in these pumps?

And we are not talking BTCC, OKCoin or Huobi, we are talking the smaller type Chinese exchanges. So I think if you see projects like Monero or Dash it clearly shows for whatever reason that the chinese speculators are not in control of those projects. Which I think makes them healthier to hold, who would want to be buying into the chinese pumps at this stage? It just makes me really uneasy.

Just my personal opinion. Dash is doing great this year, the fact that it is harder to manipulate is a good sign.

Truth been told..

As a Chinese Cryptocurreny investor, Dash only investor more accurately at the present, I feel and see much more " altcoin manipulation " in Chinese small exchanges. Such as Jubi(聚币) and Yuanbao(元宝网). In fact, most of the "altcoin" there is not Cryptocurrency like BTC (you may know the reason why i do this.. Because from my point of view, BTC has a trend towards this situation, Not only Chinese Miner but also other part of the whole industry chain of BTC. Like (Chinese) Exchange, Mining machine manufacturer, and the most important: the (Chinese) Crypto Media which bring much more "fresh meat" to the trap. )\Dash. Nearly all of these "altcoin" there are just in the name of the virtual currency, but a real Tool/Scam for profite by pump & dump manipulate by someone and/or the exchange. These altcoin just some Copy/Paste from the Github and change a name/parameters, add a Logo, talk about good interests with these Exchange. And finally, BOOM~~ one altcoin/Scam is ready for action.....

Oh, I Do have invested BTC and LTC, all my BTC have or are transferring to the Dash. The only purpose of my BTC farm is Dash now....

The Dash project is the only worth of investment project in the Cryptoworld at the present and has huge potential in the futhure. I don't even bother about the ETH. The ETH's closed ecosystem will limit its development. if people want to use the ETH resource they have to get themself blend in the ETH closed ecosystem completely... The Internet has developed for decades, ETH want to reinvent the wheel? One of my friends(which another Dash investor) compared ETH to Apple. In some point, i agree with him. But How Apple become such scale and its closed ecosystem? Thanks for the special historic oppourtunity in 2007,2008... Does ETH have? I don't think so.

Dash is doing THE Great Evolution: the Final step of Massive adoption, IMHO. From the BI (source: https://news.bitcoin.com/paypals-venmo-beating-bitcoin-p2p-payments/ ), Just the Mobile P2P Payment market will reach estimate about 86 Billions of U.S Dollars.

There are some questions:
- Do we have a better Network/Service in the Crypto than Dash?
- If Dash would get the 1% of that Market cap in 2018 or later.. Then how much is the market capitalisation of the Dash?
- Let's say we draftly have about 8 million supply...
- Now you get my point?

And the most important thing is: Dash have a robust mechanism (Masternode system/DGbB/Voting System) which ensure a healthy development of the future for Dash. If any other competitors do not have such foundation. Even if they grow up, How do you ensure that they are not another BTC?

IMHO: here is a Dash Road Map: Dash Evolution --> More and more Merchant/User adoption --> Banks and financial capital on board( i do really think Bank should pay more attention to Dash, There are so many field in the Dash ecosystem that the Banks would get a huge market profits).

Dash Evolution (not the Dev team and the whole community are doing right now.) would be an Evolution that occured step by step and from bottom(more and more ordinary people adoption) to the upper level (Banks and financial capital).

B.T.W: The Dash Chinese Team is also "Open fire" for the Dash Evolution.. (Tungfa, Fernando, Daniel, Alexy,落叶,Heisenberg,Kalfka,青帮,Dasher(not one in here).....and Naruto (a little bit shy but also very talent))

Sorry about my English...

Raico

Thanks for the feedback Raico, is great to hear from someone that is actually active in the Chinese community. This was exactly my impression looking from the outside.
emitkirby

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 03:23:56 AM

Evan raised some serious questions which haven't been answered and were in fact almost dismissed.

Evan. you need to take control, before your community destroys what you are building.

Companies need leaders not chaos, it's a romantic thought decentralised. It's not ready for that, yet.
Please don't ruin an incredible project by forgetting the goal and falling victim to peer pressure.

As an example, facebook became a household name because friendships were lost, Mr Zuckerberg did what he did because he had to for the good of his project.

This proposal is a mistake. Please consider the following.

There is zero information about how the funds are going to be allocated.
No directive for what will be achieved.
No Achievable's with mile stones.
No Accountability.

It is laughable that a proposal like this would get consideration.

DASH is its own entity. If you want to create a business off the back of DASH do it with your own funding and your own steam.

Don't lose sight of what DASH is trying to achieve. It is not ready for the type of adoption you are asking funding for. Further more it's not the kind of growth you want.

It should not be the focus of DASH to figure out how to make it mainstream. it should be the focus of DASH to design a product that others want to make mainstream..

Focus on the fundamental design of the product. Core funds should go to development, proposals need to go towards marketing and PR and development.

The vending machine was a gimmick. nothing more nothing less. Lammasu ATMS are a gimmick, nothing more nothing less.

Facebook didn't create computers so that people could use facebook.
People bought computers to use facebook.

The community is strong but please don't be ignorant enough to believe you know better than hundreds of years of business design and practice.

Evan. Please take control.

oaxaca

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 03:39:24 AM

If you want to create a business off the back of DASH do it with your own funding and your own steam.

Don't lose sight of what DASH is trying to achieve. It is not ready for the type of adoption you are asking funding for. Further more it's not the kind of growth you want.

It should not be the focus of DASH to figure out how to make it mainstream. it should be the focus of DASH to design a product that others want to make mainstream..

With all due respect, that's what this proposal IS trying to do.  The goal is to create open source software that can be used by any retail application.  Vending, gas pumps, mom and pop stores, chain stores, online retail.  ALL RETAIL.  The goal of this project is not to make money selling soda.
emitkirby

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 04:03:27 AM

If you want to create a business off the back of DASH do it with your own funding and your own steam.

With all due respect, that's what this proposal IS trying to do.  The goal is to create open source software that can be used by any retail application.  Vending, gas pumps, mom and pop stores, chain stores, online retail.  ALL RETAIL.  The goal of this project is not to make money selling soda.

The focus of dash should be on Dash. If Dash focuses its efforts on development and creating a solid baseline / structure. Other companies will develop around Dash and create businesses that can utilise the technology.

The proposal feels like throwing money at people for the sake of throwing money at people.
If you walked into an office and said "give me money because I'll use it.. Honestly"

There is no company in the world that works that way.

I understand the requirement to create a decentralised project. Please do not take offence to this.

None of you are qualified to run / expand a company.

noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 04:29:12 AM

i think the project is too ambitious, take too long time and too expensive, break down the project goal and reduce time and cost.  simple detail of fund uses would be nice...

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
oaxaca

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 04:45:53 AM

The focus of dash should be on Dash. If Dash focuses its efforts on development and creating a solid baseline / structure. Other companies will develop around Dash and create businesses that can utilise the technology.

The proposal feels like throwing money at people for the sake of throwing money at people.
If you walked into an office and said "give me money because I'll use it.. Honestly"

I understand the requirement to create a decentralised project. Please do not take offence to this.

This proposal is not creating a company, it is creating open source software that can be used for retail.  The people involved are more than capable of doing this.
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 04:55:42 AM

I am doing this because I want an option to buy things with my Dash. I own a solar company and do pretty well. I am not trying to collect an income with this project. This is merely a way to give back to Dash with a project that I believe will make it exponentially better. Camosoul also owns a business. We know how to make projects succeed even with short time frames or difficult challenges.

We are planning to allocate a lot of the funds to developers. We know the wallets will take time to add features, we will be asking for a lot of man-hours. The software to get the backends to work correctly isn't easy. We will also be working with server platforms and may need assistance from, likely, an outside party to get shopping carts to work correctly. We need to pay the people that do the work, and that isn't free. Each product will have unique challenges and we may need to seek outside help pay them for their time. We will also have the cost of the products we will be converting/building and parts needed to test properly.

We are charting new territory. I would like to say that we know how to do all this already and here is our cost breakdown, but we don't. We will learn as we go. This is where the excitement begins.

Most investors risk their funds to have a chance at a big win. This proposal is an opportunity that you don't even have to risk funds since they will be lost anyway. Why not put them to a good use? Pay our developers and expand the Dash Ecosystem.

If you think this project is ambitious, look at the Dash N Drink.  We refurbished and designed IX detection with bip32 deposits with a changing QR code, along with IX on three mobile wallets, and an awesome website in about a month.  It was also said to be impossible when announced.  We did it.  (moocowmoo deserves a ton of credit for all the help with the software, and wallet developers fulltimegeek, quantumexplorer, hashengineering deserve praise too, along with Raptor 3d, thedashguy website, oaxaca funding)  Rather than push through a project as fast as possible and keep almost all these guys(plus Camo and I) up to 4am each night, this one will be done one step at a time.  I feel like we took advantage of all the people that helped us on the Dash N Drink, and it isn't fair to set deadlines that may not be reasonable.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 05:03:43 AM

Miami Conference & Next Development Goals

https://dashtalk.org/threads/miami-conference-next-development-goals.7837/#post-81321
moocowmoo

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

bovine quadruped, professional loafer, dash dev

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 05:14:40 AM

Reading posts about this proposal with language like 'wanting to see coins burned' prompted me to write a script to see the state of budget disbursement.

Even if passed, there's no money left in the next cycle to pay.

It's a first-draft, so probably has horrible miscalculations, but I'll update the github from time to time as I discover them.

https://github.com/moocowmoo/dash-budget_state

here's the current output for the next cycle:
rows are ordered in payment priority

Code:
estimated minimum budget: 7714.57142857
       remaining approval name                   payment    
   7709.57142857 99.8%    2mb-blocksize             5.00
   6533.57142857 99.4%    core-team              1176.00
   4433.57142857 98.5%    dash-org               2100.00
   3823.31142857 97.2%    lamassu-integration     610.26
   3233.31142857 96.0%    590-soda-machine        590.00
   1077.31142857 92.0%    public-awareness       2156.00
    927.31142857 89.4%    Sponsor-DailyDecrypt    150.00
    787.31142857 88.8%    ds-liquidity            140.00
   -312.68857143 68.3%    transform-pr           1100.00

notice how the last row is negative, that's how short the funding will be for that proposal.
(the leftmost column is what's remaining AFTER the row is paid (the amount on the right))

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
Pages: « 1 ... 5625 5626 5627 5628 5629 5630 5631 5632 5633 5634 5635 5636 5637 5638 5639 5640 5641 5642 5643 5644 5645 5646 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 5657 5658 5659 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 5672 5673 5674 [5675] 5676 5677 5678 5679 5680 5681 5682 5683 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 5689 5690 5691 5692 5693 5694 5695 5696 5697 5698 5699 5700 5701 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 5710 5711 5712 5713 5714 5715 5716 5717 5718 5719 5720 5721 5722 5723 5724 5725 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: