Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:49:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5767 5768 5769 5770 5771 5772 5773 5774 5775 5776 5777 5778 5779 5780 5781 5782 5783 5784 5785 5786 5787 5788 5789 5790 5791 5792 5793 5794 5795 5796 5797 5798 5799 5800 5801 5802 5803 5804 5805 5806 5807 5808 5809 5810 5811 5812 5813 5814 5815 5816 [5817] 5818 5819 5820 5821 5822 5823 5824 5825 5826 5827 5828 5829 5830 5831 5832 5833 5834 5835 5836 5837 5838 5839 5840 5841 5842 5843 5844 5845 5846 5847 5848 5849 5850 5851 5852 5853 5854 5855 5856 5857 5858 5859 5860 5861 5862 5863 5864 5865 5866 5867 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
Gi01

Activity: 342
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 05:35:42 PM

Getting a bit crazy here sry for all requests

How to get the key to vote back? the one that usually starts with 7

I dont' get how but it's not in my masternode.conf or any other file. For every node I have the pubblic address, the private one (both starting with X) and the collateral, the long string that is used in the masternode.conf to mass start nodes
Don't have anything starting with a 7

Sick Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 05:49:01 PM

I dont' get how but it's not in my masternode.conf or any other file. For every node I have the pubblic address, the private one (both starting with X) and the collateral, the long string that is used in the masternode.conf to mass start nodes

Sick Sad

Do not ever share your address private key with anyone. That's all you need for owning a given address.
masternode genkey  should do the trick, launch it from the local wallet.

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
Gi01

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 05:51:48 PM

Sick Sad

Do not ever share your address private key with anyone. That's all you need for owning a given address.
masternode genkey  should do the trick, launch it from the local wallet.

Ehi m8 Wink Ty again for all

But speaking of the process, i am not that retarded (all pub keys begin with K and if i got well masternode keys with 7). I have several nodes running and i can 't locate anything beginning. If i go with masternode genkey I get a new one, not the ones for my old nodes running
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 05:58:47 PM

Sick Sad

masternode genkey  should do the trick, launch it from the local wallet.

But speaking of the process, i am not that retarded (all pub keys begin with K and if i got well masternode keys with 7). I have several nodes running and i can 't locate anything beginning. If i go with masternode genkey I get a new one, not the ones for my old nodes running

Oh sorry, I thought you had shared your address your private keys with dashwhale.org.
Is your masternode.conf from the local wallet empty? It should look like this if you used the command start-many

ALIAS IP:9999 MASTERNODEPRIVKEY TRANSACTIONHASH INDEX​

You used the start-many command to start your nodes, didn't you?

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 06:01:13 PM

Sick Sad

masternode genkey  should do the trick, launch it from the local wallet.

You`ll find your masternode genkey - the masternode privkey - on your msternode.conf file which you use to start your nodes.

edit: xxxgoodgirls Smiley you were a bit faster Wink

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Gi01

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 06:09:14 PM

Thanks to both of you

I have the mastenode.conf and it's actually

ID Privkey collateral index (usually 0 or 1)

The one i should put in dash whale is the privkey, right? they all begin with X. When i insert one i get "wrong format"

Stressing Cheesy
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 06:19:55 PM

Thanks to both of you

The one i should put in dash whale is the privkey, right? they all begin with X. When i insert one i get "wrong format"

Stressing Cheesy

That's a weird format, how are you ever starting a node if there's no IP?
Anyway, log into your VPS(s).
Assuming it's a linux OS, launch this:

cd .dash
nano dash.conf

you should be able too see the masternode privkey

//

Are you sure you did not put on your masternode.conf your wallet private keys? If you aren't, I suggest you to compare the ones you see on masternode.conf with the ones you get from the command dumpprivkey <address of the collateral> after having unlocked the wallet.

Gi01

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 06:53:42 PM

Thanks to both of you

Stressing Cheesy

cd .dash
nano dash.conf

//

Are you sure you did not put on your masternode.conf your wallet private keys? If you aren't, I suggest you to compare the ones you see on masternode.conf with the ones you get from the command dumpprivkey <address of the collateral> after having unlocked the wallet.

Sry ofc there is the IP

The masternode.conf is actually able to start with which keys?
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 07:01:06 PM

Thanks to both of you

Stressing Cheesy

cd .dash
nano dash.conf

//

Sry ofc there is the IP

The masternode.conf is actually able to start with which keys?

I believe you can start a node with both the wallet priv key or the masternode priv key, not sure about this tho.

https://github.com/UdjinM6/dash/blob/master/doc/guide-startmany.md

Please note, the masternode priviate key is not the same as a wallet private key. Never put your wallet private key in the masternode.conf file. That is equivalent to putting your 1,000 DASH on the remote server and defeats the purpose of a hot/cold setup.

Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 07:15:57 PM

So now that the lending market is back to having liquidity, does that mean that most people have all closed out their short positions? Isn't that a good indicator that we are near what the market expects to be the new floor, or am I reading too much into this?

Or people have closed their long positions...you can margin buy too.

But you have to borrow Bitcoin to go leveraged long DASH/BTC, not DASH.
To my understanding, this HAS to be shorts closing their positions.
Which is really interesting, because it would look like we had had big amounts of shorts during one rather impressive bull run.
Again, I accidentally took a look at the DASH lending market at polo for the first time during the fight for 0.016 and my first thought was that I was almost the first to enter it on the supply side, as it was empty and people were paying insane interest rates and borrowing pretty large sums of DASH.
Gi01

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 07:16:47 PM

I finally got it Smiley ty
spatula

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 08:13:12 PM

So now that the lending market is back to having liquidity, does that mean that most people have all closed out their short positions? Isn't that a good indicator that we are near what the market expects to be the new floor, or am I reading too much into this?

Or people have closed their long positions...you can margin buy too.

But you have to borrow Bitcoin to go leveraged long DASH/BTC, not DASH.
To my understanding, this HAS to be shorts closing their positions.
Which is really interesting, because it would look like we had had big amounts of shorts during one rather impressive bull run.
Again, I accidentally took a look at the DASH lending market at polo for the first time during the fight for 0.016 and my first thought was that I was almost the first to enter it on the supply side, as it was empty and people were paying insane interest rates and borrowing pretty large sums of DASH.

Yea that's my understanding as well. There are a LOT of anti-dash people on polo so probably those people who can't fathom dash price increasing are the ones taking short positions as soon as price moves up some.

Sucks for them, good for us  Grin
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 09:35:12 PM

Why Should Bitcoin Money Choose Dash Over Ethereum?
- An OpEd by Coingun

https://www.rebelmouse.com/dashnation/why-should-bitcoin-1689564320.html

#DashNation

fuzzyduck

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 10:33:33 PM

Is anyone running the MN from a raspberry pi? Won't it get eventually overharmed for being turned on 24/7?

I run Masternode Pi's :-D
24/7 for a few months now
They are built to run 24/7 - hince, no power button :-D
It's not even warm to the touch
I have it in a 'case'
I'm not actually touching the board of course

Cool, I'm definitely get one of these, thank you!
You are using a model 2 B. aren't you?
I wonder if model 3 will eventually suffer of a overheating issue.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/no-your-raspberry-pi-3-wont-overheat-in-everyday-use-says-its-creator/

My Pi 2B is running 24/7 for we'll over a year now. SD card still going strong without corruption. I do make an full image of it after a running update. If it corrupts I buy a new one and reflashed the image to that.

Run a masternode on a raspberry pi 2 @home! Follow my noobfriendly tutorial @ https://dashtalk.org/threads/masternode-on-raspberry-pi-2-model-b.4083
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 10:33:42 PM

This is now my wallpaper... Great job, Raptor!

709be8d8d60c3da....

https://twitter.com/TaoOfSatoshi/status/713857629685198848

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 12:27:27 AM

Meanwhile...

I am messing up with Dashwhale Sad

I can't get to cast a vote

I am using the privkey, but it says it's in the wrong format, and i dumped that from wallet. So any help to understand where to get the eventually correct one it's great

I was almost good at setting the master nodes with the addresses Smiley

I don't know how you run your masternode, but what I do is vote from the command line of the wallet. I unlock the wallet for a little while and just use the mnbudget vote command. Somehow that works for me and vote-many does not.

If you really did input your wallet address's private key anywhere, please send the funds to a new address!  That is really dangerous!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 12:28:32 AM

Meanwhile...

I am messing up with Dashwhale Sad

I can't get to cast a vote

I am using the privkey, but it says it's in the wrong format, and i dumped that from wallet. So any help to understand where to get the eventually correct one it's great

I was almost good at setting the master nodes with the addresses Smiley

I don't know how you run your masternode, but what I do is vote from the command line of the wallet. I unlock the wallet for a little while and just use the mnbudget vote command. Somehow that works for me and vote-many does not.

you don't have to unlock your wallet to vote!
Additionally, you can use an empty wallet.dat so you don`t expose the coins on the net.

I always just use the wallet I have running on my vps, online using putty.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 12:29:12 AM

Dash. A Year after Rebranding

http://forklog.net/dash-a-year-after-rebranding/
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 12:37:35 AM

Thanks to both of you

Stressing Cheesy

Mine start with a 7

Actually, mine go to 11(sorry!)  Ok, behind again Tongue

busterzzz

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 01:53:55 AM

New Episode:
Dash Round Table: Ep.02
Streamed live Mar 26, 2016

SoundCloud Recording
https://soundcloud.com/dash-media-network/dash-round-table-ep02-interview-with-lisa-cheng-and-dr-bob-lq-for-dashworld-budget-proposal

Youtube Recording
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxzloTQZGnQ

The Dash Round Table interviewed Lisa Cheng from Vanbex group and Dr. BobLQ about the Dash World Budget Proposal.

New episodes coming in the second week of march. If you are part of the dash community and would like to join us shoot me a private message on here or on dashtalk.

If you want to donate I would appreciate it if you send donations to Dan aka Oaxaca and Fernando. You can find their addresses on the website www.dashroundtable.org

Thanks for tuning in. Sorry for this hit and run not a big fan of hanging around bct.
Pages: « 1 ... 5767 5768 5769 5770 5771 5772 5773 5774 5775 5776 5777 5778 5779 5780 5781 5782 5783 5784 5785 5786 5787 5788 5789 5790 5791 5792 5793 5794 5795 5796 5797 5798 5799 5800 5801 5802 5803 5804 5805 5806 5807 5808 5809 5810 5811 5812 5813 5814 5815 5816 [5817] 5818 5819 5820 5821 5822 5823 5824 5825 5826 5827 5828 5829 5830 5831 5832 5833 5834 5835 5836 5837 5838 5839 5840 5841 5842 5843 5844 5845 5846 5847 5848 5849 5850 5851 5852 5853 5854 5855 5856 5857 5858 5859 5860 5861 5862 5863 5864 5865 5866 5867 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: