Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:22:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5795 5796 5797 5798 5799 5800 5801 5802 5803 5804 5805 5806 5807 5808 5809 5810 5811 5812 5813 5814 5815 5816 5817 5818 5819 5820 5821 5822 5823 5824 5825 5826 5827 5828 5829 5830 5831 5832 5833 5834 5835 5836 5837 5838 5839 5840 5841 5842 5843 5844 [5845] 5846 5847 5848 5849 5850 5851 5852 5853 5854 5855 5856 5857 5858 5859 5860 5861 5862 5863 5864 5865 5866 5867 5868 5869 5870 5871 5872 5873 5874 5875 5876 5877 5878 5879 5880 5881 5882 5883 5884 5885 5886 5887 5888 5889 5890 5891 5892 5893 5894 5895 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 02:10:44 PM

Can anyone tell me on the Dash Android wallet, how long does it take for a transaction to go through after sweeping some paper wallets in?
They are swept in (show completed green circle) and for 30 minutes now says "This payment has not been transmitted yet."?
I notice the fee is .001 Dash, was that ok?

Thx in advance,
IAS

if this problem is still happening and after some time no answer has been provided, i suggest you make a thread here :

https://dashtalk.org/forums/miscellaneous-dash-support-questions.74/

Ah, thanks, wasn't sure where to post it. Yeah, 2 hours later and same thing.

Appreciated,
IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 02:44:45 PM

resilient little cryptocoin we have : https://dc-charts.com/depth_dash.php?ex=16&cu=0&tz=5&ar=1

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 02:50:53 PM

4.9K buy-order spotted on Poloniex

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
spatula

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 02:52:46 PM

A couple more big buys and there will be a market frenzy to close all the open shorts.  Grin
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 03:11:51 PM

Interesting fact:

With the massive dump on ALL alt coins, the number of MN active went 20 up (and Dash is actually one of the few not losing 15-20%)

So it's just someone dumping, the Dash user base is totally stable

Yes, DASH is remarkably stable although it`s being shorted like crazy on Polo (lending rates exploding again).

If you think of it, it's actually not so crazy... the lender will lend at a small interest and then the price will take a large dump. So the interest he is getting is lost by the dump, and then some.

In fact, the interest has to be extremely high for the lender to even contemplate lending.
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 03:27:16 PM

Interesting fact:

With the massive dump on ALL alt coins, the number of MN active went 20 up (and Dash is actually one of the few not losing 15-20%)

So it's just someone dumping, the Dash user base is totally stable

Yes, DASH is remarkably stable although it`s being shorted like crazy on Polo (lending rates exploding again).

If you think of it, it's actually not so crazy... the lender will lend at a small interest and then the price will take a large dump. So the interest he is getting is lost by the dump, and then some.

In fact, the interest has to be extremely high for the lender to even contemplate lending.

The last time rates were that high was during the "battle for 0.016" which ended in tears for the shorts. No interest lost there and it looks like a repeat. You really have to hate DASH to short it and pay 720% annualized to borrow some.
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 03:37:47 PM

Oops. I just thought we were witnessing an epic rebound of all Alts, everything green in double digits, but then I realized I was looking at the XMR exchange rates  Cheesy
pille

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 03:39:15 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2016, 09:42:19 PM by pille

Oops. I just thought we were witnessing an epic rebound of all Alts, everything green in double digits, but then I realized I was looking at the XMR exchange rates  Cheesy

made my day
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 03:43:19 PM

It seems many major altcoins are moved by the same hands, moving in similar directions all together, at the same time, without any serious movement in BTC to justify it...
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 04:07:25 PM

Google Shanghai Gold Exchange April 19th.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 04:38:35 PM

clearly

I don't know about you, but when I went to grad school they told me I had to provide evidence and documentation to support statements like this, but maybe you missed that day?

P.S. Here's a question that none of you trolls have ever been able to answer: If Evan "clearly" planned the early emission problems and mined tons of Dash early on, then why is he still working on the project? The price of Dash exceeded $11 each in May 2014...if Evan deliberately planned some elaborate scam, then why didn't he sell everything in May 2014 and just disappear, like so many other coin developers have done?

If Dash's instamine was a deliberate scam executed by Evan, WHY is he still working full time developing the coin?

Why?

Yes, clearly:

The official story about the instamine: https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=118
Evan Duffield:“The instamine happened, there is no one disputing that fact. The crypto-community at large has no problem with this except a few who think it’s trying to be hidden in some way. In fact, I posted multiple times about the instamine, first in “The Birth Of Darkcoin” which is an account of the first few weeks of the launch and the mistakes that were made. Recently I also posted spoke about the Instamine in the video “Virtual Corporation”, which considers the concept that it might have been key to Dash’s success, which I believe now. It’s also important to note, I was working a very challenging day job while working on Dash in the first couple weeks. So I was putting out fires every night, keeping tabs on Dash during the day (while getting yelled at by my boss when he caught me a couple times). Eventually I quit when I got Dash stable enough to work on full time and decided I really wanted to explore what I could do with it. “

----------------------------------------------------

The evidence shows that it was a planned instamine. This wasn't mentioned before launch.
The features of this coin were also not public at launch.
=> Nobody was really interested in the coin at launch, making this instamine more a kind of "stealth launched premine".
In my books, that's a scam.

Please don't ignore the facts:

2013-12-29: 2 guys from Hawk Financial Group, Evan & Kyle, are asking on the Bitcoin Dev mailing list for "1 or 2 really good C++ programmer that is familiar with the bitcoin internals to help with a for-profit startup". They are planning to build a unique coin that is "not just a clone of the original Bitcoin code" but in stead "a merge-mined altcoin that will provide a very useful service to the whole crypto-coin ecosystem". They claim to have "detailed plans on how to implement it".

2014-01-18 There were some issues at launch, so Evan said he would postpone the launch and would "definitely not" launch it in the next hours. But he did launch it a few hours later.

2014-01-19 Xcoin was launched.
This was the emission in the first 72 hours of the coins existence:

This was the emission of the first 100 days:

At the moment, there are about 6 million DASH in circulation. There would be 84 million Xcoins eventually.
Note that in the first hour, 500k Xcoins were mined. Due to the "quick fix" of the bug, not many people expected to launch a few hours after Evan said he would "definitely not" launch in the next hours.

2014-01-19 Right after the launch, there were problems with the window binaries. Evan clearly was mining right from the start, as he offered 5000 Xcoin as a bounty for compiling the binaries.

2014-01-20 After the emission of almost 2 million coins, Evan said that "now that everything is stable, I'll be posting later about the vision of this project and milestones!". Up until this point, only the "X11 hashing algoritm" was a known feature. According to him, it was "time to move on to actually implementing what I set out to do".

2014-01-22 Evan releases his plans for XCoin. At this point, more than 2 million coins were mined.

Xcoin rebranded to Darkcoin and eventually to DASH later on.

---

Later on, some contradictions surfaced:

* The emission schedule changed multiple times. The latest we heard is that the number of coins would be somewhere between 14 million and like 16 million DASH.
* Evan said that this project was just a hobby he started while working on a full time job and coded Xcoin in a weekend.
* Evan claims there were hundreds of miners if not thousands when Xcoin launched. Recent investigation showed that there were 124 IP addreses that were mining at the start. 115 of those addresses where Cloudhosting and Dedicated Servers, 9 of them seem to be private/users.106 of them were at Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure cloud instances.

---

Conclusions:
*Evan isn't acting alone, he had/has a team behind him right from the start. It wasn't a hobby. he had a plan to make a profit.
*Evan had plans for his coin right from the start, but didn't release them until after the instamine
*1.5 million coins were mined in the first 8 hours. Most of these coin ended up in his (and his friends) hands. It's very likely the 500k in the first hour were only mined by him with cloudhosting services.
*He lowered the emission later on, to make his relative share of coins bigger.

How can this be all an accident (like Evan is always saying) and NOT be intentional?
Evan was looking for c++ devs for a "for profit startup" at the end of 2013 for the launch of an altcoin. Question:

QUESTION:
>How can you make a profit by launching an altcoin (and be sure to be able to pay your devs)?
ANSWER:
>by premining and/or instamining.

How he did it is pretty easy:
*telling people the release would definitely not be in the next couple of hours and after that do launch it a few hours later
*buggy windows binaries
*a "code error" creating 500k coins in the first hour, >1.5 million in the first 8 hours.

=> DASH was clearly a planned instamine (and thus a scam)

This expose of Dash's fully intentional instamine has been noticed by some very famous and influential Bitcoiners!

Tone Vays, Tuur Demeester, and Jeff Garzik are no longer buying the "accidental bug due to incompetence" narrative and now suspect fraud.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 04:50:27 PM

and there i was, thinking the sun finally got to our beloved icetroll and melted him away .. no such luck appearently. Sad

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 04:57:42 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2016, 05:13:52 PM by qwizzie

Interesting. The chinese couple their yuan to gold, creating a new yuan-denominated gold pricing
Lets hope they dont meet a chinese Nixon down the road...

edit : found another link http://anonhq.com/game-changer-china-set-start-yuan-based-gold-price-fix-april-2016/

stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 05:07:51 PM

Interesting. The chinese couple their yuan to gold, creating a new yuan-denominated gold pricing
Lets hope they dont meet a chinese Nixon down the road...

Very ^^ Really surprised by this, cheers Tok.

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 05:25:17 PM

Too late iCEY, your opportunity to control the Dash narrative has come to an end, I've promised you. You've already admitted you are doing it, with every post you make from here on in you come across as more and more desperate. How about some positivity instead of flinging spin, innuendo and conjecture?

Sunny ways, my friend, it's working for me...

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 05:39:24 PM

Too late iCEY, your opportunity to control the Dash narrative has come to an end

The facts control the Dash narrative.

Everybody knows about the damning fact of Dash's fully intentional instamine.

The "Dash = instamined scam" narrative is now permanent.

If only there was a fork of Dash with no instamine or centralized Foundation....

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 05:52:06 PM

Wow, this bouncing around is AWESOME for our volume!  We're over 1 million in the last 24 hours!  In fact it's $1,167,050 last I looked Cheesy  Hope you traders are making money Cheesy

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
BitWater

Activity: 402
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 06:10:41 PM

Funny how people freak out over the instamine but turn a blind eye to the 1 million BTC Satoshi holds, the 65 million coins Ethereum premined, and the crippled Monero miner.

What if Satoshi decides to one day dump his holdings?
What if the founders of Ethereum one day decide to dump all their holdings?

The list goes on. But nobody seems to care. 

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 06:19:47 PM

Funny how people freak out over the instamine but turn a blind eye to the 1 million BTC Satoshi holds, the 65 million coins Ethereum premined, and the crippled Monero miner.

What if Satoshi decides to one day dump his holdings?
What if the founders of Ethereum one day decide to dump all their holdings?

The list goes on. But nobody seems to care.  

Actually, nobody cares except the trolls.  The trolls are paid to care Smiley

BTW, does anyone know if there is an actual reason behind all the bouncing around in price?  Seems someone is making a lot of money off of that???

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Macrochip

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 06:21:48 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2016, 06:44:29 PM by Macrochip

Oh you want facts? I got some facts for you iCEHOLE:

• Dash has the strongest, fastest and largest non-Bitcoin fullnode network
  • Dash is the first crypto to:
    -> incentivize full nodes
    -> implement instantly confirmed transactions
    -> pay it's devs directly from the blockchain
    -> implement a working anonymization technology as evidenced by the fact that neither you nor anyone else managed to this day to tell us the source address of ddink's DarkSend transaction
    -> create a decentralized governance system to swiftly make important developmental decisions
    -> create a budget funding system for Dash-related projects catapulting efforts to build our infrastructure sky-high
  • Dash didn't even flinch facing the massive altcoin-meltdown compared to the bloodbath that took place everywhere else this weekend
  • Your cripplemined shitcoin of choice took a gigantic dump and was exposed as the pumped up crap it really is
  • No one that actually matters gives a damn about what happened 2 years ago with long redistributed coins
  • Nothing that happened 2 years ago has any impact on the tried and tested, provably solid technologies that were pioneered by Evan Duffield and his team and that's the main source of your butthurt
  • You were, are and always will remain the universally despised Hashfast scammer who carries his disgusting sCAMHOLE reputation over to everything he touches, most notably XMR
  • Not a single. fucking. one. of your laughably idiotic "COLLAPSE" posts predicting the demise of Dash has even remotely come true despite you deleting your shame and reposting it at the next dip again even though everybody can see that Dash is completely unstoppable at reaching new price levels.

How do you like dem apples?

Pages: « 1 ... 5795 5796 5797 5798 5799 5800 5801 5802 5803 5804 5805 5806 5807 5808 5809 5810 5811 5812 5813 5814 5815 5816 5817 5818 5819 5820 5821 5822 5823 5824 5825 5826 5827 5828 5829 5830 5831 5832 5833 5834 5835 5836 5837 5838 5839 5840 5841 5842 5843 5844 [5845] 5846 5847 5848 5849 5850 5851 5852 5853 5854 5855 5856 5857 5858 5859 5860 5861 5862 5863 5864 5865 5866 5867 5868 5869 5870 5871 5872 5873 5874 5875 5876 5877 5878 5879 5880 5881 5882 5883 5884 5885 5886 5887 5888 5889 5890 5891 5892 5893 5894 5895 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: