Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:48:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 [1235] 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722500 times)
Citrate

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:14:17 PM

7 Day Campaign.
Only 4 days left!

Many more available.

Mens and womens styles available, as well as hoodies for winter and tanks for summer.

http://teespring.com/darkcoin

http://s15.postimg.org/uuf4ehcej/shirt.png

FAQ from Teespring:

We have three standard shipping rates: One for domestic shipments (inside the United States), one for Canada, and one for other international shipments.

Domestic (United States) shipping $3.85 + $0.25 for each additional t-shirt. Your shirt will arrive within 7-14 days from the end of the campaign.

Domestic (Canada) $7.5 + $1.0 for each additional t-shirt. Your shirt will arrive within 14-21 days from the end of the campaign.

International shipping is $10.5 + $1.0 for each additional t-shirt. Your shirt will arrive within 14-21 days from the end of the campaign.

DRK and BTC payment is not available from this vendor. Sorry I do not control that.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:15:14 PM

Darkcoin essentially makes the AML kyc compliance obsolete, because once "Darksend is used the money trail is gone". So I can open acc with legit docs, transfer fiat and then purchase any crypto and then buy Darkcoin and use Darksend and the money trail is broken. You think any government is gonna say, OK we will allow that??

The swiss banks were doing all kinds of elaborate tricks to launder/hide money, you think now that anyone with the push of a few clicks can make large amount of cash untraceable will be allowed to flourish???

Any exchange,any individual, any entity that is facilitating these types of transactions will be deemed a terrorist organization or enemy of the state. Anyone who is under the delusion that Darkcoin in it's current state will be allowed to flourish is delusional.

Once the governments get involved things will change very quickly. Right now people are having all kinds of pie in the sky ideas about Darkcoin because there is a lot of euphoria around the price rising and all that, but I think the governments will move quickly and make any kind of blockchain obfuscation illegal. It is only a matter of time. Either that or anyone running a masternode or participating in any anon crypto will be branded an enemy of the state. I really hope I am wrong, but I have a nagging feeling that is the way things are going to turn out.

I think Darkcoin is great for anonymity stuff, but wider acceptance by public and businesses will never happen unfortunately.

We already have a wine shop accepting it. With proper marketing and brand positioning, mass adoption ala Bitcoin is not an insurmountable obstacle.
There has already been something said about this by the US Government. They understand the need for financial privacy. The interaction with crypto and fiat is going to be regulated. that is the point where they care and will ask for ID from those using exchanges.

Your argument is old and invalid. That's the whole point of the decentralization, a government can't do a thing, we are all over the world. Moreover, on what basis ? The right of privacy is a human right recognized in the Declaration of Human Rights.
Private != illegal. When you are in your home do you necessarily hide from the autorities ?
Standhaft

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:15:20 PM

To all the people selling Drk.  I realise the temptation to sell is great, especially if you bought at $1 or less.

However, before you commit that grievous sin and damage your future wealth, please do these logical checks:

1. Is darkcoin better than litecoin?

2. Is darkcoin current price less than litecoin?

If you answered yes to the above questions: WHY ARE U SELLING?!!!

I wont sell until DRK reaches AT LEAST LTC market cap

DRK - Xi9PB8XXN9Gn4HFG7NtzsXNiBQC4jdFvnH
kaene

Activity: 784
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:16:45 PM

I was doing a calculation about the sustainability of the price:

DRK's price is, in the long run, more sustainable than LTCs because LTC is spewing 28.800 LTC per day.

These require 576 BTC per day or 288.000 USD to buy them so that price levels can remain (at least) constant relative to BTC.

If half the LTC miners are holding, then this goes to 576 BTC / 2 and 288k USD / 2. Still quite a lot.

DRK produces 2.880 DRKs per day with block reward @5.

At equal levels of 0.02, it's just 57.6 BTC. If miners hold half of them, it takes just 28 BTC to buy new coins.

Over a year, LTC will require 576 BTC per day X 365 days x 510 USD per BTC = 107mn USD just to sustain its price. Even if half the miners hold their coins, that number goes to 53mn USD in buying new coins.

All things being equal with DRK, and with block reward maxed out at 5, the numbers are 10mn and 5mn usd respectively.

Things look good for DRK and not so good for LTC. Hmmm...

+1

This is a very good and interesting analysis.
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:20:26 PM

Well everyone knows that drug flows into the USA can not be stoped, but that did not stop the GOV from declaring war on drugs. Believe me, do not underestimate the stupidity and arrogance of the politicians. They will go after anon crypto, it is just a matter of time. And trust me when I say, that every masternode unless located in Iran/North Korea will be taken down. Maybe if you have a node behind a Tor network that might help, but even that is not a guarantee.

Darkcoin essentially makes the AML kyc compliance obsolete, because once "Darksend is used the money trail is gone". So I can open acc with legit docs, transfer fiat and then purchase any crypto and then buy Darkcoin and use Darksend and the money trail is broken. You think any government is gonna say, OK we will allow that??

The swiss banks were doing all kinds of elaborate tricks to launder/hide money, you think now that anyone with the push of a few clicks can make large amount of cash untraceable will be allowed to flourish???

Any exchange,any individual, any entity that is facilitating these types of transactions will be deemed a terrorist organization or enemy of the state. Anyone who is under the delusion that Darkcoin in it's current state will be allowed to flourish is delusional.

Once the governments get involved things will change very quickly. Right now people are having all kinds of pie in the sky ideas about Darkcoin because there is a lot of euphoria around the price rising and all that, but I think the governments will move quickly and make any kind of blockchain obfuscation illegal. It is only a matter of time. Either that or anyone running a masternode or participating in any anon crypto will be branded an enemy of the state. I really hope I am wrong, but I have a nagging feeling that is the way things are going to turn out.

I think Darkcoin is great for anonymity stuff, but wider acceptance by public and businesses will never happen unfortunately.
We already have a wine shop accepting it. With proper marketing and brand positioning, mass adoption ala Bitcoin is not an insurmountable obstacle.
There has already been something said about this by the US Government. They understand the need for financial privacy. The interaction with crypto and fiat is going to be regulated. that is the point where they care and will ask for ID from those using exchanges.

I accept your argument, the problem they and you face with this argument though is, I don't see how they stop it... I really can't see feds turning up at your house for running a masternode... In which case, just run it in the cloud in another jurisdiction. The law and crypto are miles apart at the moment, its very much a chicken and egg situation and nowhere near as black and white as you make out.
minerjav

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:20:54 PM

For those concerned about buy at the All time high, this is the right moment to get in.

I'm fixing some trading errors from the last days (means, I'm re-buying now)
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:22:46 PM

No the reward formula would actually give more coins.

and why, if the total hash would be same, i don't see a greater reward, it would be exactly the same as it right now, but instead of one person controlling 300MH/s(example) , would be 300 people controlling it

In the example of the poster above, of using just 1 gpu each, it would be less hashpower.

Ok, where is DieCommieScum?

Seriously though, the world isn't about "sharing"  It's about risk and ability.  If you have the ability and are willing to take the risk, your receive the most rewards (ability to buy GPU's, ability to design a chip, ability to build a building)  If you're the one putting out, such as the General contractor who puts out the bid and risks underbidding, but has the ability to know what he's doing, you make the most money.  If you're a chip designer and decide you'd rather work for a big corporation and get a safe salary, you get rewarded, but substantially less, then there are the people who can't/don't do anything, due to fear, lack of self confidence, etc... they unfortunately end up at the bottom with handouts.

And if you have money to risk, you get to go to the top of the pile and get the largest rewards, or the largest losses???

I'm a little above the bottom, LOL, 'cause my family has no money, but I'm risking it all here for what will hopefully be a life changing event....er... or enhancement (don't think I have enough dark to make it to life changing...quite, LOL)

In other words, Life isn't fair.  So don't waste time looking outside yourself and comparing.  That's a loser's attitude, seriously!  Do the best you can, and reward yourself with a pat on the back when it works out.  Reward yourself with a pat on the back when it doesn't, because you TRIED!  Play the game of life with zeal and you won't be sorry!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:25:42 PM

So what if they do?  Once I2P is in it''s not like they can do anything to enforce a ban.  I'm not even sure they can do much to enforce it right now.

Just the same, move your goddamn masternodes off Amazon people.

And US or EU hosts in general, for that matter.

+1

Move your masternodes to safe countries, not US or EU.

We don't need cryptsy or mintpal really, we can use exchanges in Russia, Ukraine, Pakistan or India. Or new p2p exchanges people are now coding.

The world is big enough, and a lot of people will like to create new exchanges to trade Darks.
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:25:47 PM

Well everyone knows that drug flows into the USA can not be stoped, but that did not stop the GOV from declaring war on drugs. Believe me, do not underestimate the stupidity and arrogance of the politicians. They will go after anon crypto, it is just a matter of time. And trust me when I say, that every masternode unless located in Iran/North Korea will be taken down. Maybe if you have a node behind a Tor network that might help, but even that is not a guarantee.

I accept your argument, the problem they and you face with this argument though is, I don't see how they stop it... I really can't see feds turning up at your house for running a masternode... In which case, just run it in the cloud in another jurisdiction. The law and crypto are miles apart at the moment, its very much a chicken and egg situation and nowhere near as black and white as you make out.

By the time the Government does that in your reality(won't happen in this one), Darkcoin would have measures to protect against such a thing. It will also have perfected Ring Signatures and I2P.
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 03:25:57 PM

ATTENTION POOL OPERATORS! PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU'VE PATCHED YOUR SOFTWARE

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/masternode-payments-attention-pool-operators.764/

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:31:01 PM

As its Pizza day, can we get a bounty together to send Evan and Ape some Pizza?

There are plenty here that could do that on their own.

It would be better to have lots of people send small amounts of DRK to someone in the USA who can put an order in and pay for it. Tante is based in the US, I think, and might be ok to put the orders through. Anyone else able to?

How would I get his address to send the Pizza?  LOL

Dang, I'm so far behind, and the pages keep expanding faster than I can read!  Geepers!  I can see myself spending the entire day sitting here "playing" but I better not, I gots things ta do!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:32:49 PM

Anonymity is exactly why Darkcoin will be accepted by businesses, who have avoided bitcoin because they don't want their competitors seeing everything they do, everything they buy and sell, to whom and from whom. Darkcoin is the perfect tool for commercial entities.

Right, Bitcoin was trying to get retail acceptance, maybe people buying a tshirt dont care about the transparent blockchain. But it is not fit for B2B, I am in the distribution business, and definitely you dont want your competition knowing who your providers are, when you buy inventory, at what price, when do you sell, at what price, is ridiculous, Bitcoin is not fit for B2B period. Darkcoin has a shot at it so I support it, I think too many people in this forums have technical knowledge but lack business experience to see the big picture.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:33:13 PM

It would be better to have lots of people send small amounts of DRK to someone in the USA who can put an order in and pay for it. Tante is based in the US, I think, and might be ok to put the orders through. Anyone else able to?

How would I get his address to send the Pizza?  LOL

I think we should stop counting the ratio with BTCs... it should be like

1 DRK = 1 PIZZA Tongue

eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:33:56 PM

How would I get his address to send the Pizza?  LOL

Dang, I'm so far behind, and the pages keep expanding faster than I can read!  Geepers!  I can see myself spending the entire day sitting here "playing" but I better not, I gots things ta do!

What if he's gluten intolerant?  We can't have him down with the poopies.

Someone find out stat.
lohveh

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:37:04 PM

stabilization @ 0.018 would be great !  Waiting for my bank for buying more Cheesy
KlimBo_BG

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:38:15 PM

Who is the admin of http://www.drkpool.com? I asked him few times about my missing DRKs and my question is still no answered. My DRKs disappeared after almost month and a half without login activity.
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:38:21 PM

stabilization @ 0.018 would be great !  Waiting for my bank for buying more Cheesy

Unfortunately I think that was either a bear trap or some quick profit taking.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:39:31 PM

I've dealt with regulators. They are difficult, but usually play by the rule book. Those that write the rules are the ones you need to be concerned about. In the USA, they are now accepting Bitcoin as political donations.

So the question is regulating block chain currencies vs. non-block chain currencies.

Well, there has never been this distinction before. So the question has been asked and answered by one of the most senior US officials in this space - someone from the Treasury who enforces the bank secrecy act.

http://youtu.be/M7bbDpwlTws?t=11m48s

You can argue your point until the cows come home, at present its looking reasonably ok. Even China has 'banned bitcoin' but allowed it to continue.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:41:41 PM

Who is the admin of http://www.drkpool.com? I asked him few times about my missing DRKs and my question is still no answered. My DRKs disappeared after almost month and a half without login activity.

Pm eduffield.

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:44:04 PM

Jesus mate, they did a number on you. Why don't you just go to your local police station, give them everything you have, then borrow a truncheon and beat yourself up with it too, save them the bother, eh?  Roll Eyes

You are also missing the rather salient fact that politicians are a bunch of toothless tools, whose purpose is to distract the masses with gibberish while the real players go about real business. And luckily for us, DRK and DarkSend fits real nice with their needs.

So: Nobody who matters wants to ban crypto, and nobody can anyway from a technical standpoint.

Your programmed fears are unfounded, relax and buy.  Cool

Pages: « 1 ... 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 [1235] 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: