Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:55:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
Bigal

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:47:18 AM

I've just pushed out a mandatory update that will increase the incentive for mining, I think the original calculation was a little to harsh too quickly. The mining reward will jump quite a bit, and then have a more loose relationship with the difficulty. I think I've made really good progress and this will be great for XCoin.

Please update if you are :

- running a linux client or daemon
- running the windows full client (this should be out soon)

Miners running minerd are fine. This update goes into effect on block 5465.

If you miss this update message, worry not, just update and remote ~/.xcoin/chainstate and ~/.xcoin/blocks. Then you'll be good to go!

The Small Time Miner XCoin Pool has been updated.
http://xco.smalltimeminer.com

The Small Time Miner Pools   CryptoCoin Ticker   BTC 1EHV2BY8JcvpBqnMqq5BSkbZvFHT7ndpnz    LTC  LaBigaLvm7L8XT5urnwJW5MpoArBAjsk2X

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bigal

Activity: 204

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:49:05 AM

There is a problem with the http://xco.smalltimeminer.com/ pool.

Transactions do not get confirmed!!!

I've been mining there with confirmed coins. It take 120 confirmations and they are only doing 4 blocks an hour right now and they did 131 blocks in the last 24 hours. So at this current rate it will take about 8~11 hours to get confirmed coins.

More than 20 hours since the first transactions and still no confirmation. Is that normal?

Send me a support ticket, I will get you sorted out.

The Small Time Miner Pools   CryptoCoin Ticker   BTC 1EHV2BY8JcvpBqnMqq5BSkbZvFHT7ndpnz    LTC  LaBigaLvm7L8XT5urnwJW5MpoArBAjsk2X
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:14:05 AM

I've just pushed out a mandatory update that will increase the incentive for mining, I think the original calculation was a little to harsh too quickly. The mining reward will jump quite a bit, and then have a more loose relationship with the difficulty. I think I've made really good progress and this will be great for XCoin.

If you miss this update message, worry not, just update and remote ~/.xcoin/chainstate and ~/.xcoin/blocks. Then you'll be good to go!

I thought that once a coin was launched, it was set.  Is this not so?  I was wondering about this also with the future encryption update planned; where transactions would be further obfuscated to hide identities.  What keeps the coin from being manipulated in the future?  I'm sure this is normal, but am compelled to ask how that works Smiley  Thanks to anyone who can explain this.  Also, I think it would be good for the coin if this were explained here Smiley

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
shai_

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:26:39 AM

compiled a mac wallet
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wtadyzztgrs0ihw/Xcoin-Qt.app.osx10.7.zip

XupK6y9YgqNyKzt5Niz9vvTCgxXMibLxVd
supersuber

Activity: 118
Merit: 104

Counterparty

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:50:08 AM

compiled a mac wallet

wonderful!!!

eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 02:17:45 AM

compiled a mac wallet

Awesome! I tested it, it works, and I paid the bounty  Smiley

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 03:52:52 AM

I thought that once a coin was launched, it was set.  Is this not so?  I was wondering about this also with the future encryption update planned; where transactions would be further obfuscated to hide identities.  What keeps the coin from being manipulated in the future?  I'm sure this is normal, but am compelled to ask how that works Smiley  Thanks to anyone who can explain this.  Also, I think it would be good for the coin if this were explained here Smiley

Ahhh, I'm learning so much!  Things I didn't wholly understand before comes to lite!!!  AT this early juncture, with so few users, it is not hard to make adjustments to the block chain because, though you still need to get everyone to update the wallet (or at least 51% of the users), it's much easier to get a consensus to do so.  Later it may be impossible.  Hence the 51% attack.  If someone could get control of 51% of the hacking power, they could insert a fake block chain, and it would be recognized as the correct block chain because more systems accept it than don't.

Of course this isn't changing the block chain, it's merely changing the algorithm.

Now I'm guessing that the plans for encrypting the transactions another level at some time in the future is not going to have any effect on the block chain, and therefore will work as any other updates developers add to a coin.  Right?

This is all very interesting and I don't mean to imply it's not all on the up and up, 'cause I agree it's a good idea to make the coin more attractive to mine especially now a days with all the competition out there.

So now my question is, do I need to update my wallet even so I'm in a pool to receive the proper rewards or accept payment in the future?  

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 04:01:59 AM

Yet another question, LOL  Huh

over at xco.lotterymining.com, we've been stuck at block 5465.  Does that mean we're not hashing, or just that his site hasn't been updated and can't deal with the information it's receiving?  Would a pool owner use the Xcoin wallet or cpuminer?  Maybe I should go solo for a bit??

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 04:16:56 AM

I thought that once a coin was launched, it was set.  Is this not so?  I was wondering about this also with the future encryption update planned; where transactions would be further obfuscated to hide identities.  What keeps the coin from being manipulated in the future?  I'm sure this is normal, but am compelled to ask how that works Smiley  Thanks to anyone who can explain this.  Also, I think it would be good for the coin if this were explained here Smiley

Ahhh, I'm learning so much!  Things I didn't wholly understand before comes to lite!!!  AT this early juncture, with so few users, it is not hard to make adjustments to the block chain because, though you still need to get everyone to update the wallet (or at least 51% of the users), it's much easier to get a consensus to do so.  Later it may be impossible.  Hence the 51% attack.  If someone could get control of 51% of the hacking power, they could insert a fake block chain, and it would be recognized as the correct block chain because more systems accept it than don't.

Of course this isn't changing the block chain, it's merely changing the algorithm.

Now I'm guessing that the plans for encrypting the transactions another level at some time in the future is not going to have any effect on the block chain, and therefore will work as any other updates developers add to a coin.  Right?

This is all very interesting and I don't mean to imply it's not all on the up and up, 'cause I agree it's a good idea to make the coin more attractive to mine especially now a days with all the competition out there.

So now my question is, do I need to update my wallet even so I'm in a pool to receive the proper rewards or accept payment in the future?  

You're logic is pretty sound Smiley Basically, to adjust some of the core parameters at this point all I need to do is get the pools to update their wallets. Also, it's worth noting the changes I made didn't change the block chain in the past, but they go effect in the future. Users will also experience problems if they're using a full client, because it needs to understand the changes to the algorithm. So yes, you'll need to upgrade your wallet.

Xco.lotterymining.com didn't upgrade their wallet on they pool yet so they're out of business until they do. I sent the moderator a message earlier, but he hasn't gotten back to me. So I would mine somewhere else in the mean time, pool.xcoin.co is open for business and humming along if you want to join us.

CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 04:41:11 AM

You're logic is pretty sound Smiley Basically, to adjust some of the core parameters at this point all I need to do is get the pools to update their wallets. Also, it's worth noting the changes I made didn't change the block chain in the past, but they go effect in the future. Users will also experience problems if they're using a full client, because it needs to understand the changes to the algorithm. So yes, you'll need to upgrade your wallet.

Xco.lotterymining.com didn't upgrade their wallet on they pool yet so they're out of business until they do. I sent the moderator a message earlier, but he hasn't gotten back to me. So I would mine somewhere else in the mean time, pool.xcoin.co is open for business and humming along if you want to join us.

well, updating now, but really i do need a little more time than that to change over, we have something called sleep too you know :-p

compiling as we speak...

Updated..

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 04:46:25 AM

well, updating now, but really i do need a little more time than that to change over, we have something called sleep too you know :-p

compiling as we speak...

This should be the last mandatory change that needs to be made until I start rolling out my encrypted transaction changes and sleep is overrated  Grin 

TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 04:51:37 AM

compiling as we speak...

Updated..

No worries, it's only been a few hours.  Thanks for waking up and doing it so soon.  It means I can be lazy and stay where I am ;P

::hugs:: and hope you can go back to sleep again soon??!!!  TS

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 05:00:23 AM

compiling as we speak...

Updated..

No worries, it's only been a few hours.  Thanks for waking up and doing it so soon.  It means I can be lazy and stay where I am ;P

::hugs:: and hope you can go back to sleep again soon??!!!  TS

im getting ready for my thing called work, but its not a 9-5 its more like 8 days on the road :-)

but ill check in during the day (im in europe)

TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 05:24:41 AM

Ugh, now my workers aren't doing anything.  They connect on my terminal, detect a new block, but are not connected on the website and aren't hashing anything, grrrr!  I wish I knew what causes this!  I'm sure it's me because I've had it happen in other pools.  They go up to 168 k/h when running well.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Urg, now they're hashing but remain inactive on the site.  Well, that's hopefully OK, I'm going to bed, LOL.  Good night all!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 05:33:13 AM

stop them and restart them, if they worked before, they will again :-)

nm, their hashing away i can see :-)

TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 05:50:19 AM

Something seems weird.  I think we've been on block 5472 for a while now?  Maybe I should stop looking, LOL.  It's probably just lag of info or something.  I should be in bed, keep coming back, LOL.

Now 5402??  Am I seeing things? 

5465, LOL, I swear these numbers are coming up as current block!

Wow, the block numbers are all over the map.  0 then 3924 then back to 5465.  I can't help but wonder if we are getting "corrections" from other people logging back on with their old wallets?

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 05:59:19 AM

all is running again :-)

TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 06:02:08 AM

Wonder if other pools are having this problem.... ?

Yaay, you fixed it!  LOL thanks Smiley

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 06:57:48 AM

Ok, fixed the pool up so that it automatically checks if  xcoin needs to be updated, and will do so when it is needed.

katsoo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 07:05:50 AM

NEW POOL

Ive setup a new pool for xcoin, with a twist.

first 20 to switch over gets credited 20 xco after being active for 1 week.

AND

every 7 days there is a lottery, ( 1 ticket per active user, per day, totally 7) the winning pot is 50 % of the fees, plus the next 3 weeks i will
throw in 100 xco on top of that.

pool is PPLNS fee is 2% (50% goes to the lottery pot) full block rewards.

xco.lotterymining.com 

Everything works now, with alot of help from bigal, and the pool is finding blocks :-)

Thanks, just setup an account.

FROZEN:F8U9uNX8XQQLLtDyaTnVSQB9MbAgfAia6n
GET 60 FREE SMARTCOINS BEFORE 01/27/2014

- USDe - Best coin of 2014!

KlondikeCoin - KDC - Join the Gold rush!

microCoin [MRC]

Globe - Economically viable, Fast, Stable. Join the revolution! - Globe

UFO - COMING FROM OUTER SPACE
Pandacoin is the first coin with block reward decreasing every day! Pandacoin giveaway: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=409109.0
NOBLE   9ephfLvWYcy8BPaPBuJ1TQ12AK88k5HTLu
Tips       EJ1o1tqeE9wtBK5Gn9cayrt6GkUFcjPRHE
Frozen   F8U9uNX8XQQLLtDyaTnVSQB9MbAgfAia6n
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: