Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:27:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 7011 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722290 times)
blaaaaacksuit

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Who cares?

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:51:32 PM

you need 20000 aws 32 core instances to mine at that speed
What kind of a freak are we dealing with?! These crypto terrorists need to crawl back to wherever they came from...

I believe this coin can be viewed as a big threat by the 'governments', if eduffield really is getting close to creating a completely anonymous coin.

http://rt.com/business/bitcoin-russia-use-ban-942/
http://rt.com/business/bitcoin-warning-russia-bank-280/

The more people mining this coin, the better. Mine and hold!

I was looking at some of the comments to these kind of articles and the russian speakers said there was no ban, just bad reporting.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1045

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:52:58 PM

The much bigger concern to me is the coin being stuck on very high difficulty.

thats the same im thinkning about... i wrote money, ment monday

ditto.. we need a new retarget implementation ASAP. My money is on this guy jumping ship at retarget or soon thereafter.

...and that would be the "good" scenario (=being a big guy which hops around the most profitable cpu coin at any given point). The really bad scenario is that he stays around, which would perhaps hint at something totally different for achieving his hashrate, like offloading part of the algorithms in a GPGPU approach.
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:54:01 PM

And I just learned how to use Azure  Cry
wait with using your credit on there... this miner is going to disapear quickly again i think

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
SeriousCoins14

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Coinoholic

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:54:22 PM

And I just learned how to use Azure  Cry

Ah sorry Sad Hey, just make sure you shut down your virtual machines so you can keep your $200, you have 27 days to use it! Don't leave them running! I'm not on trial anymore I pay as I go but I'm shutting them all off at retarget minus my home setup :\.. I'll be at a huge loss at that point

XBC BTUCL6SoNCMYmvmY7tJ33EdtdvyNL4wdhr
heskey

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:57:54 PM

What kind of a freak are we dealing with?! These crypto terrorists need to crawl back to wherever they came from...

I believe this coin can be viewed as a big threat by the 'governments', if eduffield really is getting close to creating a completely anonymous coin.

I was looking at some of the comments to these kind of articles and the russian speakers said there was no ban, just bad reporting.
That's good news. But remember, the poeple in charge of our current monetary system wont give up without a fight. They have been fighting for many years to keep us under the controll of their fiat bullshit. Basically we have to work to earn toiletpaper (dollar, euro, etc), meanwhile they can just print their own salary and buy whatever they want. A well working crypto currency is a stab right to the core of their power.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
blaaaaacksuit

Who cares?

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:00:51 AM

That's good news. But remember, the poeple in charge of our current monetary system wont give up without a fight. They have been fighting for many years to keep us under the controll of their fiat bullshit. Basically we have to work to earn toiletpaper (dollar, euro, etc), meanwhile they can just print their own salary and buy whatever they want.

I don't think they see BTC as a threat.  They could take control if they wanted just through huge BTC purchases with newly printed dollars.  They're leaving it alone.  I think there are other plans in the works for BTC.
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:02:22 AM

The problem here is not that he will get a lot of coins, because he is only getting 10k-15k (with 3M+ coins out there this isn't much), the problem is the diff readjust algo, I'm really sure he will leave after diff changes, then it will take longer until next diff change. I think Kimoto Gravity Well is the way to go to avoid this, and better now that the coin is still young.

There is one additional problem. After having obtained a lot of coins, he will try to sell them. The offer of coins will be greater than the demand, so the price of the coin can drop quickly.

short term, yes, long term, its not that many coins ..

heskey

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:04:28 AM

That's good news. But remember, the poeple in charge of our current monetary system wont give up without a fight. They have been fighting for many years to keep us under the controll of their fiat bullshit. Basically we have to work to earn toiletpaper (dollar, euro, etc), meanwhile they can just print their own salary and buy whatever they want.

I don't think they see BTC as a threat.  They could take control if they wanted just through huge BTC purchases with newly printed dollars.  They're leaving it alone.  I think there are other plans in the works for BTC.
Exactly, but mainly they can easily trace the transactions if they want to. That's a tight grip around the users, if they make it illegal they can start making busts to scare people of - hence the need for a darkcoin.

▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
blaaaaacksuit

Who cares?

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:05:31 AM

The problem here is not that he will get a lot of coins, because he is only getting 10k-15k (with 3M+ coins out there this isn't much), the problem is the diff readjust algo, I'm really sure he will leave after diff changes, then it will take longer until next diff change. I think Kimoto Gravity Well is the way to go to avoid this, and better now that the coin is still young.

There is one additional problem. After having obtained a lot of coins, he will try to sell them. The offer of coins will be greater than the demand, so the price of the coin can drop quickly.

short term, yes, long term, its not that many coins ..

This difficulty/reward approach is definitely a good way to deter hog mining, it's hard to call how this is going to play out!
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:06:26 AM

They don't need to print anything. The manipulation mechanism for BTC is through the news.

One bad news report = investors offloading / Elite controllers buying low.

If you repeat the cycle of rise and fall for like a few hundred times where you get like 3-5-10% differences (and there are cases where the drop is more impressive like from 1200 down to 700), it's just a matter of time before you end up with half the BTC supply in your hands.

Control the political decisions & the news = control the market. And they are doing that alright because people are ignorant of the dynamics.
blaaaaacksuit

Who cares?

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:06:44 AM

Exactly, but mainly they can easily trace the transactions if they want to. That's a tight grip around the users, if they make it illegal they can start making busts to scare people of - hence the need for a darkcoin.

Eduffield is going to get V&!  lol!  Roll Eyes
blaaaaacksuit

Who cares?

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:10:06 AM

Wow Auntie Steph look at your hashrate!  Shocked

Edit: wow lottery mining is starting to move!
Honest Tim

Activity: 768
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:10:40 AM

They don't need to print anything. The manipulation mechanism for BTC is through the news.

If you repeat the cycle of rise and fall for like a few hundred times where you get like 3-5-10% differences (and there are cases where the drop is more impressive like from 1200 down to 700), it's just a matter of time before you end up with half the BTC supply in your hands.

Control the political decisions & the news = control the market. And they are doing that alright because people are ignorant of the dynamics.

damn,  I wish you weren't so on the money.
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:14:30 AM

yep, he is right

CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:18:06 AM

network hashing rate is beginning to fall

blaaaaacksuit

Who cares?

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:22:25 AM

Is is possible you think for that hog miner to ditch at the last few blocks so he doesnt drive the diff up? then when the adjustment gets made he can come back in and mine more at continued low diff?
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:24:43 AM

Is is possible you think for that hog miner to ditch at the last few blocks so he doesnt drive the diff up? then when the adjustment gets made he can come back in and mine more at continued low diff?

you cant do that with just a few blocks before diff change, it looks at the overall number of blocks that goes between diff change and averages out on all how large the next diff should be to get to the target mining speed.

right now we hit the "max change in diff = diff * 4"

Honest Tim

Activity: 768
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:24:52 AM

V&!
[/quote]

Huh
blaaaaacksuit

Who cares?

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:26:29 AM

V&!

Huh
[/quote]

V - Vuh

& - and

Vanned!

AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:27:07 AM

In finance knowing/forecasting the future is the second most prized ability.

The first most prized ability is being in the position to actually control the future landscape by designing the parameters, thus being able to know how the market is going to move and capitalize on it against all the others who live in ignorance and uncertainty.

For "commoners", the most prized ability is knowing the above two rules of finance. And yes, it's a sad reality with the economic patterns but the elite will simply do what they know how to do. The manipulation patterns in Bitcoin are no different than the patterns used in the past for oil, gold etc. You could have soaring demand and actual shortages in physical gold and then an item pops up that "Cyprus is selling its gold" and you have the price tumbling when people can't even find the actual metal on the market.

The changes between commodities and btcs are mostly in the nature of the news items and political decisions as well as the lack of financial instruments for the bitcoin market (unlike paper gold / paper oil with multiple size trading than the actual commodity). If they make financial instruments for bitcoin = they have indirectly legalized it so they have to play the news game more.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 7011 »
  Print  

Jump to: