Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 02:12:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4886 4887 4888 4889 4890 4891 4892 4893 4894 4895 4896 4897 4898 4899 4900 4901 4902 4903 4904 4905 4906 4907 4908 4909 4910 4911 4912 4913 4914 4915 4916 4917 4918 4919 4920 4921 4922 4923 4924 4925 4926 4927 4928 4929 4930 4931 4932 4933 4934 4935 [4936] 4937 4938 4939 4940 4941 4942 4943 4944 4945 4946 4947 4948 4949 4950 4951 4952 4953 4954 4955 4956 4957 4958 4959 4960 4961 4962 4963 4964 4965 4966 4967 4968 4969 4970 4971 4972 4973 4974 4975 4976 4977 4978 4979 4980 4981 4982 4983 4984 4985 4986 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722546 times)
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 09:20:39 AM

I came here for discussion on DASH - but much to my surprise I keep coming back for top rate discussions on Greece.

Thanks

--

--
Rux
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024

https://crypto.ba

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 09:26:45 AM

I came here for discussion on DASH - but much to my surprise I keep coming back for top rate discussions on Greece.

Thanks

i had same thinking...but when you realize... greece could be something that would turn crypto up... so it can be discussed with DASH crypto

RXC Crypto.ba Decentralized solutions!
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 09:37:47 AM

Thanks

i had same thinking...but when you realize... greece could be something that would turn crypto up... so it can be discussed with DASH crypto

I agree - keep it up these discussions. This is my "go to" for Greek economic news and informed discussion. 

This Greek situation has many thinking of alternatives. There are a lot of quick learners in Greece getting money into BTC-e. The time lag is several days before the FIAT confirms. 

Watch out BTC and LTC - but it will trickle across to other alts incl. DASH once they are in the crypto system.

--

--
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 10:17:30 AM

-I was trying to buy something online (costing just 2-3$) with my greek visa, and the charge was getting rejected.
-Gas stations take only cash.
-Suppliers of stuff, take only cash as they are afraid of the consequences of accepting digital payments, and with that I include bank payments (they are afraid they will not be able to withdraw it, or their money could be bailed-in / converted to drachma etc etc).

There is in a sense a fungibility issue with the euro in Greece right now. Digital euros / bank euros "suck" as they are useless to transact. Cash euro is what counts for most people, even companies.

Times like these, you *realize*, not theoretically, but by living it, that you wouldn't trade your crypto for fiat and that crypto is immensely more useful (ie you can actually transact, when with digital cash / banks / cards etc you can't).

The sense of value increases in a way that is unexpected: I wouldn't trade a single BTC even if I was offered >1000 euro in the bank in these conditions. The euros in the bank are useless.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 10:27:18 AM

AlexGR, have you been stocking up on BTC and Dash?

Always Grin

Sounds like Tsipras over estimated the Greek negotiating position and is now passing the buck to voters.

Who has a snap referendum while simultaneously closing the banking system, at the same time as pensions and government workers need to be paid?

I doubt the current leadership will still be in power by the end of the year.
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 10:46:14 AM

AlexGR, have you been stocking up on BTC and Dash?

Always Grin

Sounds like Tsipras over estimated the Greek negotiating position and is now passing the buck to voters.

Who has a snap referendum while simultaneously closing the banking system, at the same time as pensions and government workers need to be paid?

I doubt the current leadership will still be in power by the end of july.

fyp
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 10:51:27 AM

-I was trying to buy something online (costing just 2-3$) with my greek visa, and the charge was getting rejected.
-Suppliers of stuff, take only cash as they are afraid of the consequences of accepting digital payments, and with that I include bank payments (they are afraid they will not be able to withdraw it, or their money could be bailed-in / converted to drachma etc etc).

There is in a sense a fungibility issue with the euro in Greece right now. Digital euros / bank euros "suck" as they are useless to transact. Cash euro is what counts for most people, even companies.

Times like these, you *realize*, not theoretically, but by living it, that you wouldn't trade your crypto for fiat and that crypto is immensely more useful (ie you can actually transact, when with digital cash / banks / cards etc you can't).

The sense of value increases in a way that is unexpected: I wouldn't trade a single BTC even if I was offered >1000 euro in the bank in these conditions. The euros in the bank are useless.

these are times of serious learnings - but more reminders of the cycle of history in economic matters during crisis.......interesting dynamic is that we have more than gold and diamonds this time - we have crypto currencies with all the advantages of gold/silver/diamonds - but the ease of transactions unlike the others.

I certainly hope that you have a good stash of BTC, DASH and other

I feel for those that don't - this will reverberate across more than Greece, more than Euro-zone.

Check the stock markets today. Its a line of red from -2 to -6%

--

--
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 10:56:10 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2015, 11:15:41 AM by toknormal

What else could he have done ?

It isn't passing the buck. It's acknowledging the contradiction in his mandate - that he was voted in on an anti-austerity ticket and that pursuing that potentially now means leaving the Euro, for which there was no mandate. He'd have been negligent not to have put it to a referendum.

Alex GR's remarks appear to fill in all the missing background - i.e. that even Tsipras's administration have moved so far towards the Euro agenda that they've lost touch with their original mandate. That shows you how far they've compromised.

I've always had a feeling that Varoufakis is far more anti-euro than he lets on. I think he thinks the original stated idea was good but that it's implementation is crap and they've totally lost touch with the (stated) democratic ideals in favour of simple monetary mayhem and survival.

The reason I think that is that from day one he's made so many cringable pro-Euro press statements that are totally at odds with reality not to mention many of his own historical commentaries, that I could only think "he's up to something", which was basically - he intended to break it, pin the blame on the other side of the negotiating table and give himself a few more levers to start puling at home in the ensuing mayhem.

That view was only endorsed in the last week when he went from lead cheerleader for Eurozone the fanmag to reading them back their own rules to berrating them within all of 24 hours.

All of this was totally foreseeable. Although they kept going on about how "close" the agreement was - only 1.5 Bn gap !! - they were actually miles apart on principle. So if it was that foreseeable then it must have been planned that way all along. He was just trying to give himself cover for upsetting the apple cart. If he'd done it 2 months ago he'd have had all the blame for not trying for "a deal".

I doubt the current leadership will still be in power by the end of the year.

I don't think it matters. A massive step has been taken to bring the problem out into the open. There are only 2 solutions as long as they don't have their own currency - debt write down or default. VF probably knew they Eurogroup were never going to go for debt writedown but decided to give them "enough rope to hang themselves" which he has done as far as was possible. In the end he might be out of power but not before landing all concerned - Eurogroup, Draghi, Greek voters and his successor with the 'real' problem in their laps.

Look ! As I speak, the Eurocrats appear to be aware that they've fallen into this trap and are now in blame-mitigation mode:

JasonB

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 11:30:00 AM

Hey, cryptsy whale, welcome, and go away Huh 40 btc sell wall
fpex

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 11:42:32 AM

damn, going down again .... soon my all sell trigger will trigger as well. Such a nice coin, though.
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 12:40:53 PM

Here we go (potentially? or could it run out of puff before it's even started?)

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
RenegadeMan

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 12:45:40 PM

And, by the looks of it, here goes LTC too! (who would have thought the chikun would revive so.....I certainly got it wrong!)

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 12:50:01 PM

Does this mean that online merchants in Greece are effectively bankrupt?

Doing business online is supposed to save governments money. Making digital money worthless is just another nail in the economic coffin.

All these discussions about Greek debt make me think of issues you hear about pay-day lenders. The interest rates are far lower, but the issues are the same.

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 12:52:47 PM

For the Bitcoin price i'm hoping these ATH's will be broken at some point in time (purely looking at the Bitfinex exchange right now) :

first three ATH's hopefully this year...

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
RenegadeMan

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 12:57:12 PM

For the Bitcoin price i'm hoping these ATH's will be broken at some point in time (purely looking at the Bitfinex exchange right now) :

Hey qwizzie, how can you have multiple all-time-high's? I mean isn't that an oxymoron? The concept of an all-time-high is the highest price an asset reached. So that can only ever be one price and one time (or am I'm being pedantic?)

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 12:59:01 PM

Hey qwizzie, how can you have multiple all-time-high's? I mean isn't that an oxymoron? The concept of an all-time-high is the highest price an asset reached. So that can only ever be one price and one time (or am I'm being pedantic?)

i guess i could call them STTH's (Short Term Time High)  Grin
or you could see them as resistance points...

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 01:12:46 PM

Doing business online is supposed to save governments money. Making digital money worthless is just another nail in the economic coffin.

All these discussions about Greek debt make me think of issues you hear about pay-day lenders. The interest rates are far lower, but the issues are the same.

Well, "bankrupt" is a heavy term, let's say that they are "uncertain" about whether they can withdraw their money or pay their suppliers.
RenegadeMan

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 01:19:59 PM

i guess i could call them STTH's (Short Term Time High)  Grin
or you could see them as resistance points...

Ha! Yes, how about we call them the Short Term Intercorrelated Cyclical Break-Out Spikes (STICBOS)....

Well the first one might be just minutes away; Finex went through $256 and Stamp almost through $257 just a short while ago.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 01:21:17 PM

Well, "bankrupt" is a heavy term, let's say that they are "uncertain" about whether they can withdraw their money or pay their suppliers.

"Uncertain" in your ability to pay suppliers is one of the legal definitions / words used when looking at businesses that trade while insolvent.

Maybe bankrupt is being a little dramatic. But cash flow is the lifeblood of businesses. Banks being closed for a week or two would give many online merchants brown pants.

This could be one of those moments where digital currencies become realistic options and encourage the path to mainstream.

Masternodes should vote to produce a Greek video for online merchants.
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 01:37:16 PM

"Uncertain" in your ability to pay suppliers is one of the legal definitions / words used when looking at businesses that trade while insolvent.

Maybe bankrupt is being a little dramatic. But cash flow is the lifeblood of businesses. Banks being closed for a week or two would give many online merchants brown pants.

This could be one of those moments where digital currencies become realistic options and encourage the path to mainstream.

Masternodes should vote to produce a Greek video for online merchants.

Even casual merchants are going to get brown pants (lol) with the capital controls in place. People can't simply spend like they used to, when there is a short supply* of physical cash and credit card "blockage".

Still the probability for crypto adoption right now remains low, primarily because you have to use your euros to buy cryptos. And those who have euros, need them for buying more essential stuff.

* There are around 40-45bn euros stockpiled in homes, by those who were gradually withdrawing the last years/months, but that's only for something like 10-15% of the population.
Pages: « 1 ... 4886 4887 4888 4889 4890 4891 4892 4893 4894 4895 4896 4897 4898 4899 4900 4901 4902 4903 4904 4905 4906 4907 4908 4909 4910 4911 4912 4913 4914 4915 4916 4917 4918 4919 4920 4921 4922 4923 4924 4925 4926 4927 4928 4929 4930 4931 4932 4933 4934 4935 [4936] 4937 4938 4939 4940 4941 4942 4943 4944 4945 4946 4947 4948 4949 4950 4951 4952 4953 4954 4955 4956 4957 4958 4959 4960 4961 4962 4963 4964 4965 4966 4967 4968 4969 4970 4971 4972 4973 4974 4975 4976 4977 4978 4979 4980 4981 4982 4983 4984 4985 4986 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: