Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:18:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4893 4894 4895 4896 4897 4898 4899 4900 4901 4902 4903 4904 4905 4906 4907 4908 4909 4910 4911 4912 4913 4914 4915 4916 4917 4918 4919 4920 4921 4922 4923 4924 4925 4926 4927 4928 4929 4930 4931 4932 4933 4934 4935 4936 4937 4938 4939 4940 4941 4942 [4943] 4944 4945 4946 4947 4948 4949 4950 4951 4952 4953 4954 4955 4956 4957 4958 4959 4960 4961 4962 4963 4964 4965 4966 4967 4968 4969 4970 4971 4972 4973 4974 4975 4976 4977 4978 4979 4980 4981 4982 4983 4984 4985 4986 4987 4988 4989 4990 4991 4992 4993 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722563 times)
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 11:01:26 PM

As much as I'd like to believe "all is well/it's all going great" the fact is DASH has been losing its value and all of us have to take that into account against our own personal criteria on investing, our understanding of what's happening and where things are at. The ongoing rise of BTC and the dramatic recovery/re-rally of LTC just HAVE TO be taken into account to protect one's position so considering DASH against the BTC price isn't just valid I think it's fundamental.

How do you propose we take these into account ?

(i.e. what significance should we draw from these trends).

Well (at risk of having my DASH loyalty questioned; but I'm trying to stop 'confirmation bias' in its tracks) I think we're a very technical project. By that I mean I think we focus on the technology and how the technology at a deep architectural level is being formulated, designed and implemented as the primary activity we're all here for. Now, that's to be admired in many ways because if you're going to build a new currency and revolutionary financial system, you'd want to get the fundamentals right. We've all seen too many examples of poorly thought through platforms/systems where fundamental flaws that weren't addressed at the beginning end up causing major difficulties down the track.

However it's also very apparent (and you would articulate this concept more powerfully than I can Tok) getting a tech into the market and getting it accepted is often even more important than getting everything about its development and architectural substance perfect or close to perfect. There's this fine line to be followed between 'getting it right' and 'getting it out there'.

I think we're suffering from perhaps too heavy focus on 'getting it right' and not enough 'getting it out there' and we've become a little insular in our discussion and activities.

That we're now coming up to 18 months of DRK/DASH and we still don't have a proper marketing video out there is testament to what I'm talking about. I don't want to take away from the good work that many are doing (and I've hardly had anything much to do with it, so I'm conscious of how easily my comments could be characterised as hypocritical) but the reality is that DASH means something to people within crypto (and they're either lovers or haters) but is virtually completely invisible outside of that and has no hooks/links into other realms. The trading of DASH that's going on is limited to a small community for the most part, until something major is released, then the crypto speculators jump in too....but none of that is external money from people that have bought into the DASH story, can see what's being built here and want to be involved for the longer term. (Well this is my perception, rightly or wrongly, and I'd hazard to guess it's many other people's perception too).

To summarise, I think we're a project with a stunningly sound architectural development that's as close to crypto nirvana in terms of its fundamental properties around the 2-tiered network, fungibility, and (the potential for) liquidibility, but I think we've put nowhere near enough effort into getting the message out and the price going down slowly like a leaking balloon is indicative of that. The stunning resurgence of LTC (which has not a single advanced property like DASH does) is simply because of the network effect of so many major exchanges (especially Chinese) being so enamoured with it as an alternative to BTC. With the upcoming halving (and with BTC block size change controversy) I think people are seeing LTC as a genuine alternative. That's almost incomprehensible to us here....but it's what's happening and our story just isn't out there even remotely enough to pull some of that activity away from LTC to DASH.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 11:16:17 PM

The Darq Ep.08 - Interview with Node40.com Founders Perry Woodin & Sean Ryan

Bill Cassidy Interviews the team behind automated Dash Masternode setup service http://node40.com/. Dash is the first Cryptocurrency focused on anonymity and privacy and Node40 is building their business around the project.

They make the process of setting up a Dash Masternode simple, secure, and easy for customers to monitor.

https://soundcloud.com/thedarq/the-darq-ep08-interview-with-node40com-founders-perry-woodin-sean-ryan
 Grin Wink Grin
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 11:22:15 PM

Butter-bot: Bitcoin Will Take a Similar Role to Gold in Asia
Dash Mentioned

http://www.coinnewsasia.com/butter-bot-bitcoin-will-take-a-similar-role-to-gold-in-asia/

Tx Pablo
 Wink
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 11:56:40 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2015, 12:39:53 AM by toknormal

As much as I'd like to believe "all is well/it's all going great" the fact is DASH has been losing its value and all of us have to take that into account against our own personal criteria on investing, our understanding of what's happening and where things are at. The ongoing rise of BTC and the dramatic recovery/re-rally of LTC just HAVE TO be taken into account to protect one's position so considering DASH against the BTC price isn't just valid I think it's fundamental.

How do you propose we take these into account ?

(i.e. what significance should we draw from these trends).

Well (at risk of having my DASH loyalty questioned; but I'm trying to stop 'confirmation bias' in its tracks) I think we're a very technical project....There's this fine line to be followed between 'getting it right' and 'getting it out there'.....To summarise, I think we're a project with a stunningly sound architectural development........but I think we've put nowhere near enough effort into getting the message out and the price going down slowly like a leaking balloon is indicative of that

Great post - very diplomatically and balanced"ly" put ! (Though laced with some well seasoned frustration  Wink ).

I'd have to agree with a lot of that while at the same time having to admit to not doing a damn thing to address it myself and I'm aware that others are doing major amounts of work and paddling underwater. All the same, we're still a good 50% to 100% up on January's valuation so I don't really see it as a crisis.

For me, the significance of the latest market trends is to bring into stark focus the question of whether any alt will ever see any adoption. If the answer is no then it doesn't really matter what tech it has. What matters more is how it performs as an asset in speculative markets. In that regard, Litecoin has trumped Dash so far because it features on several high liquidity exchanges and attracts a lot of trading

It is therefore (potentially) steadily gaining adoption as a store of value (like gold shares). It doesn't need fast confirmation times, privacy tech or any other fancy tech to perform that role. [DISCLOSURE: I don't hold a single litecoin - dumped them nearly a year ago]

If the answer is yes, then Dash will start to accrue value as a currency, and consequently a store of value through a different route (adoption rather than high volume trading).

Finally, I'd love to understand more about the background to the litecoin pumps. It has a trend like no other coin - only 2 major pumps in its entire history. 1 in November 2013 and the other in the last 2 weeks. So if you're worried about holding Dash when it drifted down for a month or 2, imagine holding litecoin while it lost 82% of its value over a continuous decline lasting a full 18 months.

P.S. Just stumbled across this. Maybe I'm being too generous in saying that LTC is "gaining adoption as a store of value".

Because China have ASIC and they want money, they pump ltc and they earn money.
(And LTC walls are smaller)
RenegadeMan

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 01:00:18 AM

Ha! His tweet is (for us not living there in terrible distress or with relatives we're worried about) quite funny:

"Decided to solve the Greek Debt Crisis via crowdfund. All I need is for everyone in EU to buy a Feta and Olive salad"

jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 01:06:24 AM

come on Dash  back to 0.02 same Like sme month ago
after Btc , Ltc and anothe Old coin up . you should Up
Dash for future . dont late buy more...
RenegadeMan

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 01:14:46 AM

Great post - very diplomatically and balanced"ly" put ! (Though laced with some well seasoned frustration  Wink ).

Yep 'seasoned' frustration as, on a purely personal level, I've not yet made a dime from DASH and am considerably underwater with it. Frustrating when I think of people who've probably taken part in the pumps in a far more ruthless fashion and have done okay whilst the rest of us 'here for the long haul' wonder what we're doing when cryptos as banal and lacking in substance as LTC take off again and leave DASH wilting.

I'd have to agree with a lot of that while at the same time having to admit to not doing a damn thing to address it myself and I'm aware that others are doing major amounts of work and paddling underwater.

That's not true Tok! You add enormous value to this thread and therefore the DASH community. It's one of the many benefits (even if not directly monetarily related) of being involved in this project. Keep posting man; we all love it! (even the trolls who secretly admire you....they just can't bring themselves to acknowledge it. Poor sods)

All the same, we're still a good 50% to 100% up on January's valuation so I don't really see it as a crisis.

True, but if you entered during the first pump in May 2014 it's harder to look at it this way.

Finally, I'd love to understand more about the background to the litecoin pumps. It has a trend like no other coin - only 2 major pumps in its entire history. 1 in November 2013 and the other in the last 2 weeks. So if you're worried about holding Dash when it drifted down for a month or 2, imagine holding litecoin while it lost 82% of its value over a continuous decline lasting a full 18 months.

Me too. It's such a hard to explain phenomenon and if, back earlier this year when DASH roared past LTC, someone on a troll box had've said "No...I tell you man, LTC's gonna come good mid year..." I would have just laughed at them; but they would've been right. To keep it in perspective though, LTC has reached low $4 territory; still a way to go to its $48 ATH. However, it may continue to rally given the dynamics of Grexit and everything else spooking traditional markets.

mjsrs

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 02:06:00 AM

dash-board

A DASH monitoring board

https://mjsrs.firebaseapp.com/

Updated:
 Included BTC-USD value

https://dash-stats.com XoPGniokL6rRahoKviBza8oqWSTyUQPkAF
moocowmoo

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

bovine quadruped, professional loafer, dash dev

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 03:26:50 AM

You should really scale that down by a 1/3rd :-P

zoom out your browser. control minus.

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
RenegadeMan

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 03:52:57 AM

The Darq Ep.08 - Interview with Node40.com Founders Perry Woodin & Sean Ryan

Bill Cassidy Interviews the team behind automated Dash Masternode setup service http://node40.com/. Dash is the first Cryptocurrency focused on anonymity and privacy and Node40 is building their business around the project.

They make the process of setting up a Dash Masternode simple, secure, and easy for customers to monitor.

https://soundcloud.com/thedarq/the-darq-ep08-interview-with-node40com-founders-perry-woodin-sean-ryan
 Grin Wink Grin

Good podcast Bill. Sounds like those Node40 people have built a good masternode hosting service.

tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 03:53:21 AM

command minus (on Mac)
 Wink
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 04:02:51 AM

command minus (on Mac)
 Wink

ugh - lol

ya know I luvs ya - lol

People want to be lazy with NEW tech
It's old school to us but where is the USER FRIENDLY??

Once DASH get's the 'function' down
Maybe we should humanize crypto and try to drop the nerd factor

and just to clarify

you can
command Plus
(on a MAC too)

lol
and yes, we love you too
 Grin Wink Grin Wink Grin
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 04:13:59 AM

lol

Is it not your lunch break?
You should not be working while off the clock :-P

Honki holidays over here !
YEAHHHH
 Grin
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 04:41:31 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2015, 05:06:51 AM by TaoOfSaatoshi

I'm seeing some negativity creeping through our normally positive thread due to the latest developments in the markets.

I'm sorry to the people who hate this sort of thing, but I don't have a negative bone in my body. In fact the only thing negative about me is my blood type (O-negative). Therefore, I must continue to fight for the forces of good in this thread...  Grin

There are those who are running out of patience. I know people bought into this coin at varying stages, and are at various levels of loss. This, however, does not take away from the fact that we are all here to see this thing through. Yes, there are coins out there that are inferior to Dash that are getting pumped, but does that not make you see that we are different in this industry? We are not a coin to be pumped and dumped anymore.

This is a coin with a long term vision. Evan doesn't go on these podcasts and declare "We will compete with Bitcoin" for his health! The core team here knows how special this project is. Sure, it started out as a privacy-oriented coin in the beginning, but then Evan discovered InstantX and realized that with the team we have in place here, we can do big things.

We are in this project's infancy. Darksend has its bugs, InstantX does not work every time, and the UI of the wallet could use some work to be more user friendly. What are we in a rush to promote? People download the wallet, say this doesn't do what it's supposed to do and then discard and never come back.

Now, if we do this the right way, and I'm sure the dev team would back me up on this, we do develop, we do keep to ourselves, we do gel as a community and produce something really awesome. Something that works everytime with the push of a button. Something so easy to use, any non-technical person could use it with ease, and on any device. Then, we crank up the DGBB funds to promote the hell out of it. With adoption, comes the cherished price increases that everyone here is so want to see.

If you want pumps and dumps, try Litecoin. If you want to be part of a project that could one day change the world, stay right here. But if you stay here, understand that the crew here wants to produce Digital Cash, and we are not messing around in that endeavor. If you build it, they will come, and let's face it, we haven't built it yet. Why should they come?

In a few years, if we are still at this point, it will be time to re-evaluate.

Until then, respectfully, to all the people who are frustrated, quit your belly-aching and put your efforts into supporting the project. The rewards you desire will come in time...

Tao

anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 05:12:04 AM

I'm seeing some negativity creeping through our normally positive thread due to the latest developments in the markets.

I'm sorry to the people who hate this sort of thing, but I don't have a negative bone in my body. In fact the only thing negative about me is my blood type (O-negative). Therefore, I must continue to fight for the forces of good in this thread...  Grin

There are those who are running out of patience. I know people bought into this coin at varying stages, and are at various levels of loss. This, however, does not take away from the fact that we are all here to see this thing through. Yes, there are coins out there that are inferior to Dash that are getting pumped, but does that not make you see that we are different in this industry? We are not a coin to be pumped and dumped anymore.

This is a coin with a long term vision. Evan doesn't go on these podcasts and declare "We will compete with Bitcoin" for his health! The core team here knows how special this project is. Sure, it started out as a privacy-oriented coin in the beginning, but then Evan discovered InstantX and realized that with the team we have in place here, we can do big things.

We are in this project's infancy. Darksend has its bugs, InstantX does not work every time, and the UI of the wallet could use some work to be more user friendly. What are we in a rush to promote? People download the wallet, say this doesn't do what it's supposed to do and then discard and never come back.

Now, if we do this the right way, and I'm sure the dev team would back me up on this, we do develop, we do keep to ourselves, we do gel as a community and produce something really awesome. Something that works everytime with the push of a button. Something so easy to use, any non-technical person could use it with ease, and on any device. Then, we crank up the DGBB funds to promote the hell out of it. With adoption, comes the cherished price increases that everyone here is so want to see.

If you want pumps and dumps, try Litecoin. If you want to be part of a project that could one day change the world, stay right here. But if you stay here, understand that the crew here wants to produce Digital Cash, and we are not messing around in that endeavor. If you build it, they will come, and let's face it, we haven't built it yet. Why should they come?

In a few years, if we are still at this point, it will be time to re-evaluate.

Until then, respectfully, to all the people who are frustrated, quit your belly-aching and put your efforts into supporting the project. The rewards you desire will come in time...

Tao

Nice healthy view of the situation. Litecoin pumps make everyone in other alts unhappy cause it's so shitty on a technical level. But since I've left the darkcoin centric focus on crypto I've actually understood the trading appeal of LTC for example, right now BTC is pumping, LTC will pump and vice-versa. Dash will get a price rise based on, once again, people looking at dash and all off a sudden realizing holy shit look at what they've been up to. Anyways I still own a bunch of Dash, maybe I should check in here more often, I'm not worried for my masternodes whatsoever. Dash is the only alt that I don't want to play hot potato with.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 05:19:50 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2015, 05:34:21 AM by qwizzie

first we see articles that the Greeks themself are not responsible for the recent bitcoin price rising and now we see this :

Greeks are rushing to Bitcoin
http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/29/technology/greece-bitcoin/?iid=EL

Not sure what to believe anymore, maybe this all started after the default to IMF but i dont see it in the bitcoin price
currently. Could be that they are still in the "asking questions" phase right now...

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 06:12:06 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2015, 06:38:37 AM by wozzek23

I hate to sound like a parrot but to me this time is kind of tipping point so allow me to share some more thoughts. I write this out of respect for Mangled Blue, Coins101, Tungfa, Tao, Tante, Renegade Man, qwizzie, Artoodeetoo, toknormal, oaxaca, Minotaur26, Alex-Ru... and several other members whose contributions I admire. Emphasis is on "several" others. I'll get back to it.

It only goes to show how much we are hated in crypto
DASH actually "does work"
We have over-come HUGE obstacles
I'm sure others could explain many things better but - simple fact - we are hated
A red-headed step-child
Our open-source code will continue to be molested....
Face it - CRYPTO HATE US!!!

LONG LIVE DASH!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not care if "crypto hate us" I wonder who LOVES us? There are only 3,045 members on Dash Talk (from 1,850 on November 5th 2014) and here we have only these several people talking among themselves here. And I see this little motley gang of enthusiasts being increasingly delusional. Forgive me this harsh word, I do not use it as negative as it may sound and count me in, regarding that "delusion," because had I had a grain of salt left in my brains I'd leave this dash thingy the very moment it lost its character and became what it is today.

Look at this example, Tao's passionate argument against "some negativity creeping through our normally positive thread," and focus on this bit:

ALL Tao has been doing since commencement of this Twitter et al. activities was to PROMOTE Darkcoin / DASH.

But now he asks "what are we in a rush to promote?" If there was ever a negative statement, that would spook me away this instant, is that sentence. (not to mention that famous Ben Hur, promotional video that takes forever)  Alas, "WHAT" in it is much worse to me, it frightens me. 18 months into development but the project does not know what it is. Of course no one is buying it. We can all mull over LTC and find gazillion issues with it (I, for one, never got why that thing even existed) but it is CLEAR what LTC is, a "lite" version of BTC.

Discussion, over at Dash Talk about its mission and vision has these two interesting bits:

"Dash’s mission is to deliver safe and reliable financial solutions to consumers and merchants in a decentralized manner - providing greater economic freedom to its users."
&
"Vision statement: People and businesses use Dash as digital money for everyday financial transactions."

To which Alex-Ru replied with:

"Dash is about creation of payment system of the future, created by decentralized community to replace current financial system for whole humanity to prosper."

I was screaming from the top of my lungs (as GreyGhost over there at DT) how losing its IDENTITY (as Darkcoin) might kill this technologically great project. Thus far I can't say for sure I was right (after all I still cling on my MN) but every passing day I see that bland, tasteless, wanting to be loved by all but ignored by (almost) everyone DASH as the ONLY one in that crypto space ("that hates us") without its character. Damn it, even that Dogecoin that I do not get at all, or that ripped for pillage Ripple have their IDENTITY but we don't.

I would rather be a laughing stock for a day or a month or even several months and yes, admit a horrible mistake, ditch the DASH name, go back to Darkcoin if I wanted it to be a real, revolutionary financial instrument that focuses on other lunatic fringes all over the world, that need privacy, be it freedom fighters in Tibet struggling against communist destruction of their ancient land, be it supporting Occupy, Snowden or Assange in that other totalitarian system (the U.S.) or to focus on immigrants and displaced all over the world that do not have bank account but have mobile phones (hint) etc., and build it from the scratch or find some other name that would DEFINE IDENTITY of Evan tech vision in two, three, succinct terms, one simple sentence max.

Than we'll have a platform to really push Self-sustainable Decentralized Governance by Blockchain as yet another brilliant idea that can change the world. But hoping to "change the world" from the top (mass adoption delusion) is as deranged as sending a petition to Obama asking him to do "X" or "Y" while you are his (his masters) victim.

And on a personal, gut level, of how I feel about all of this, I sense a paradox of a crypto century. Whomever was pushing re-branding of the name Darkcoin under the false pretense that its name will kill it (coupled with that other wishful thinking of "big retailers" "adopting DASH but not Darkcoin" and "big exchanges" "listing DASH but not Darkcoin," neither of which had happened and is not likely to happen) had created a new name, a lukewarm detergent sounding bland nonsense that might end up killing it instead.

Nomen est omen, do not forget this ancient truth, you children of today, Nomen est omen.

Undecided
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 07:06:33 AM

@wozzek23

You've been a buzz kill for a while now wozzek23 but I'll save this spot and re-read in my AM after an expresso and what not...

maybe other's will chime in - in the mean time - I zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

fades to blue...............

Hey, at least I have a proposal, no mater how far fetched and unpopular it might be. It wasn't me who said, "THEY HATE US".

Smiley
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 09:08:44 AM

well... in that case, maybe you can put as voting option to change dash name to dark...

then we can settle with the name forever.

I hate to sound like a parrot but to me this time is kind of tipping point so allow me to share some more thoughts. I write this out of respect for Mangled Blue, Coins101, Tungfa, Tao, Tante, Renegade Man, qwizzie, Artoodeetoo, toknormal, oaxaca, Minotaur26, Alex-Ru... and several other members whose contributions I admire. Emphasis is on "several" others. I'll get back to it.

I'm sure others could explain many things better but - simple fact - we are hated
A red-headed step-child

I do not care if "crypto hate us" I wonder who LOVES us? There are only 3,045 members on Dash Talk (from 1,850 on November 5th 2014) and here we have only these several people talking among themselves here. And I see this little motley gang of enthusiasts being increasingly delusional. Forgive me this harsh word, I do not use it as negative as it may sound and count me in, regarding that "delusion," because had I had a grain of salt left in my brains I'd leave this dash thingy the very moment it lost its character and became what it is today.

Look at this example, Tao's passionate argument against "some negativity creeping through our normally positive thread," and focus on this bit:

ALL Tao has been doing since commencement of this Twitter et al. activities was to PROMOTE Darkcoin / DASH.

But now he asks "what are we in a rush to promote?" If there was ever a negative statement, that would spook me away this instant, is that sentence. (not to mention that famous Ben Hur, promotional video that takes forever)  Alas, "WHAT" in it is much worse to me, it frightens me. 18 months into development but the project does not know what it is. Of course no one is buying it. We can all mull over LTC and find gazillion issues with it (I, for one, never got why that thing even existed) but it is CLEAR what LTC is, a "lite" version of BTC.

Discussion, over at Dash Talk about its mission and vision has these two interesting bits:

"Dash’s mission is to deliver safe and reliable financial solutions to consumers and merchants in a decentralized manner - providing greater economic freedom to its users."
&
"Vision statement: People and businesses use Dash as digital money for everyday financial transactions."

"Dash is about creation of payment system of the future, created by decentralized community to replace current financial system for whole humanity to prosper."

I was screaming from the top of my lungs (as GreyGhost over there at DT) how losing its IDENTITY (as Darkcoin) might kill this technologically great project. Thus far I can't say for sure I was right (after all I still cling on my MN) but every passing day I see that bland, tasteless, wanting to be loved by all but ignored by (almost) everyone DASH as the ONLY one in that crypto space ("that hates us") without its character. Damn it, even that Dogecoin that I do not get at all, or that ripped for pillage Ripple have their IDENTITY but we don't.

I would rather be a laughing stock for a day or a month or even several months and yes, admit a horrible mistake, ditch the DASH name, go back to Darkcoin if I wanted it to be a real, revolutionary financial instrument that focuses on other lunatic fringes all over the world, that need privacy, be it freedom fighters in Tibet struggling against communist destruction of their ancient land, be it supporting Occupy, Snowden or Assange in that other totalitarian system (the U.S.) or to focus on immigrants and displaced all over the world that do not have bank account but have mobile phones (hint) etc., and build it from the scratch or find some other name that would DEFINE IDENTITY of Evan tech vision in two, three, succinct terms, one simple sentence max.

Than we'll have a platform to really push Self-sustainable Decentralized Governance by Blockchain as yet another brilliant idea that can change the world. But hoping to "change the world" from the top (mass adoption delusion) is as deranged as sending a petition to Obama asking him to do "X" or "Y" while you are his (his masters) victim.

And on a personal, gut level, of how I feel about all of this, I sense a paradox of a crypto century. Whomever was pushing re-branding of the name Darkcoin under the false pretense that its name will kill it (coupled with that other wishful thinking of "big retailers" "adopting DASH but not Darkcoin" and "big exchanges" "listing DASH but not Darkcoin," neither of which had happened and is not likely to happen) had created a new name, a lukewarm detergent sounding bland nonsense that might end up killing it instead.

Nomen est omen, do not forget this ancient truth, you children of today, Nomen est omen.

Undecided

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
RenegadeMan

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 09:19:41 AM

A red-headed step-child

&

Undecided

You've raised some very salient points Wozzek. As I've stated before, I don't agree with some of your assessments about the name change (as I've previously mentioned, 'Darkcoin' was just never going to be workable for anything other than a very tiny sliver of humanity that would identify with such a brand) but I do appreciate your articulation of (what's becoming clear to me) a somewhat mixed up approach on what it is we have here, and how we're getting the message out.

Tao, while I really appreciate your extraordinary energy and focus on tweeting Dash news, stating "some negativity creeping through our normally positive thread," like it's "bad" I think is poorly characterising an attempt to discuss the reality of the situation. We HAVE TO have open discussions about what's working and what's potentially not. As a contributor to this thread, I don't appreciate being told "quit your belly-aching and put your efforts into supporting the project" when I'm trying to stimulate genuine conversation about what the likely challenge is we're experiencing.

There is clearly a marketing/positioning issue with Dash and it's not going to go away by ignoring it. Some of Wozzek's (effectively) "all things to all people" complaint has validity. The worst thing would be to just ignore him because his view doesn't meet with our group-think view on how we're going to make Dash successful.

Perhaps this isn't the most appropriate forum to discuss this but there's clearly the need to sort through some stuff as I'm of the view there's now some level of confusion as to what Dash is and who it's for.

Pages: « 1 ... 4893 4894 4895 4896 4897 4898 4899 4900 4901 4902 4903 4904 4905 4906 4907 4908 4909 4910 4911 4912 4913 4914 4915 4916 4917 4918 4919 4920 4921 4922 4923 4924 4925 4926 4927 4928 4929 4930 4931 4932 4933 4934 4935 4936 4937 4938 4939 4940 4941 4942 [4943] 4944 4945 4946 4947 4948 4949 4950 4951 4952 4953 4954 4955 4956 4957 4958 4959 4960 4961 4962 4963 4964 4965 4966 4967 4968 4969 4970 4971 4972 4973 4974 4975 4976 4977 4978 4979 4980 4981 4982 4983 4984 4985 4986 4987 4988 4989 4990 4991 4992 4993 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: