Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:15:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 5292 5293 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 [5323] 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 5353 5354 5355 5356 5357 5358 5359 5360 5361 5362 5363 5364 5365 5366 5367 5368 5369 5370 5371 5372 5373 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
italeffect

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 10:49:28 AM

This is worth reposting here as it gives a take from the inner circles of dash dev team etc at a point in the past and the issues that made this supposed dev leave the dash project altogether:

good luck

So a dev doesn't get along with the lead dev and quits, such drama.

Breaking news!!!    
Oh right - it was seven months ago. Thank you smoothie for the valuable service you provide! This is how you use your time? No one cares.
Perhaps you can enlighten us on what vertoe went on to do?

Dash: Xdopotr3eAHpsSCMkUyU2YWP3WQWb5X3t8

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 11:07:34 AM

This is worth reposting here as it gives a take from the inner circles of dash dev team etc at a point in the past and the issues that made this supposed dev leave the dash project altogether:

good luck

A child who didn't get respect he thought he deserve  Roll Eyes
vertoe then left and scammed people with cachecoin.

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
dark-sailor

Activity: 275

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 11:29:57 AM

good luck

A child who didn't get respect he thought he deserve  Roll Eyes
vertoe then left and scammed people with cachecoin.

Secound that sold 100 dash to buy cachecoin only to be scammed by vertoe. Now Im  sticking with Evan as he has my full trust and support. Just ignore trolls just trying to make us sell so they can buy..
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 11:42:04 AM

This thread is turning out like a classic mexican soap opera  Grin
 The drama is absurdly nonsensical and quite amusing (except if you're a subjugated middle aged woman, then it is indeed extreme drama)

Evils from the past come to haunt us ...ooooh  ohhhh... the shame, the bastard sons claiming heritage, the guilty of past wrongdoings oooh... oohhhh..

Fun facts.

vertoe was a self proclaimed LTC millionaire. vertoe was a self proclaimed NGO activist, though no one ever knew for which. vertoe was an active darknet promoter. vertoe was pushing DRK towards dark markets as main purpose for it.

vertoe started going sour as Evan started to want to detach Darkcoin from the "dark" connotation. vertoe threw a fit with the name change, quit, apparently dumped his DRK holdings (though I doubt he is that stupid to sell off everything).

vertoe is a "he" by the way, not a "she" as he very cunningly misled people.
 vertoe went on to pick up Cachecoin development promising the world.

After a fruitful pump & dump, vertoe disappeared off the face of the net.

At about the same time, a very known dark market admin "Verto" shut down and ran away with everyone's funds. But I'm sure this is purely coincidental. He would have been extremely stupid to use almost the same nick in the world wide web as in the deep web. But if this is a soap opera, nothing like a bit of mischievous mystery to add to the drama.

I don't miss vertoe. I do miss chaeplin though.
superplus

Activity: 475
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 11:46:28 AM

So yes there is ideology behind this coin : privacy, liberty, freedom, try to make the world less directed by "power" and more with the heart...

I hope that changing the name will not make the ideology behind it change too, otherwhise it will failed.

There's no ideology in something that nobody uses. The ideology's in the design, not the name. Vertoe is justified in leaving over not being consulted but less so over 'ideology'.

It's not a rock song that's being built here it's electronic money.

The name can easily be compromised without any loss of principle but the functionality can't. So Evan has got his priorities right in that regard.

no.

i left because i disagree darkcoin or however it will be called next year is not a decentralized entity. it never was but i ignored it as long as darkcoin was following the same path i was following. the path to total financial privacy. and thats why i am so upset about how this currency is lead by a single person. darkcoin is like an old conservative company with strong hierarchical comamnd structures and a single person on the top of the pyramid. evan duffield. the rebranding using a detergent name was just a step forward in creating something like apple or paypal. fuck this i tell you. what we need is a trustless, decentralized and anonymous currency. darkcoin is not decentralized as it still relies on a single person. and this reaches deep into the code base.

the core devs were just a bunch of volunteers exploited for the big thing. the extended darkcoin team was the same with even a lower place to sit on that pyramid. and what was the darkcoin foundation again? right, something to reserve some rights on some names and collect money. who nominated and voted for the foundation board? who does even know who are these guys? how did we learn about the foundation? from local news papers! the team listings kept counting names of people nobody ever noticed before. and they never committed anything visible to the community or the repository. and i was spending 25 hours a day monitory everything that happened in the darkcoin community for more than a year. the things going on here are fishy, intransparent and rely on a single entity.

i will get out and and will contribute to something decentralized and anonymous. i always hoped darkcoin could fill that void. i cant blame anyone to stay with this project. you are probably investors trying to win a gold donkey. or you are simply trying to exploit every possible vector of profit in the coins space. whatever. you are not here because darkcoin is something it claims to be.

if you disagree with my statement above, i dont care, but answer that simple question: what if evan duffield suddenly announces he quits the project tomorrow morning?

good luck

This is so funny, vertoe went over to overtake cachecoin afterwards. Promised a lot and left without any statement after a month or somethig ^^ Better follow vertoe, true story
Freckleg

Activity: 508

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 11:49:36 AM

The whole idea behind the Virtual Corporation is that anyone can step up to the plate and work for it, if accepted by the voters.

And I must suggest strongly, that anyone wanting to do a proposal, think months in advance, start a discussion on it (preferably on Dashwhale).  You need time to gain the approval of such a diverse group of voters.  The community needs time to digest your proposal, make suggestions, and for you to implement those suggestions.  In a very real way, the forum thread that contains your proposal is your contract with the Dash Virtual Corporation.  These proposals have been coming out so loosely, mostly things that Evan says he'd like us to do, and we just do it.  Eventually, proposals should come from anyone, and they should be formalized in a thread, with final specifications and a time table.  The community should keep them honest and raise the red flag if something is going wrong, so the MN can vote down the proposal and stop the funding on solid grounds.  

Don't get me wrong, we Know our current core team are keeping tight watch on all funds they spend, and they're a small group doing so many things, but plan on putting that ledger out for public view.  But that's not how a decentralized system should work, (relying on one person to tell us what to fund and do) and we need to start setting up some rules/traditions.  IMO Smiley

Look what happened to DashWhale's proposal.  The implimented Evan's vision of a place where we can manage Dash voting, and a forum for proposals.  However, Evan never formally Green lighted the project, I suspect because he doesn't want to be the almighty dictator and to let MN voters do the right thing.  And MN voters won't support it, with many saying the reason was that Evan didn't say they should.  We all (community and MN voters) need to grow up and make the decisions that are right for Dash.  Will others that start projects, hoping to show they can do it prior to asking for funding, now stop because it looks very much like they can't win approval?  A project that's already obviously had a TON of work put into it for the benefit of the Dash Virtual Corporation, can't even get funding boggles my mind.

Otherwise it's been going very well Smiley

This hits the nail on the head, TanteStefana2.  Wink

Fully agree astonished to see the  dashwale proposal not getting enough yes votes
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 11:50:51 AM

This is worth reposting here.... That this user is a known troll and shill for another coin!

True story....

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 12:20:37 PM

Stamp now at 280.

BiteMyShinyMetalAss

Activity: 617
Merit: 509

Crypto Card - https://platinum.crypto.com/r/28cz7d

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 12:21:01 PM

The whole idea behind the Virtual Corporation is that anyone can step up to the plate and work for it, if accepted by the voters.

And I must suggest strongly, that anyone wanting to do a proposal, think months in advance, start a discussion on it (preferably on Dashwhale).  You need time to gain the approval of such a diverse group of voters.  The community needs time to digest your proposal, make suggestions, and for you to implement those suggestions.  In a very real way, the forum thread that contains your proposal is your contract with the Dash Virtual Corporation.  These proposals have been coming out so loosely, mostly things that Evan says he'd like us to do, and we just do it.  Eventually, proposals should come from anyone, and they should be formalized in a thread, with final specifications and a time table.  The community should keep them honest and raise the red flag if something is going wrong, so the MN can vote down the proposal and stop the funding on solid grounds.  

Don't get me wrong, we Know our current core team are keeping tight watch on all funds they spend, and they're a small group doing so many things, but plan on putting that ledger out for public view.  But that's not how a decentralized system should work, (relying on one person to tell us what to fund and do) and we need to start setting up some rules/traditions.  IMO Smiley

Look what happened to DashWhale's proposal.  The implimented Evan's vision of a place where we can manage Dash voting, and a forum for proposals.  However, Evan never formally Green lighted the project, I suspect because he doesn't want to be the almighty dictator and to let MN voters do the right thing.  And MN voters won't support it, with many saying the reason was that Evan didn't say they should.  We all (community and MN voters) need to grow up and make the decisions that are right for Dash.  Will others that start projects, hoping to show they can do it prior to asking for funding, now stop because it looks very much like they can't win approval?  A project that's already obviously had a TON of work put into it for the benefit of the Dash Virtual Corporation, can't even get funding boggles my mind.

Fully agree astonished to see the  dashwale proposal not getting enough yes votes

Nothing astonishing about that. People vote what they think is good for DASH as a currency. Whoever is using dashwhale can donate money if they want. So if we support dashwhale and next day node40 implements excatly same features, will we fund node40 as well?  I am actually happy, dashwhale proposal was not passed. While it may seem donations is the only way to generate money, but its not true. Dashwhale stands at a unique oppurtinity to broaden service and become like a dash hub. The design is perfect and simple, hence it can expand. Perhaps a) Link dash price graphs b) Dash price graph linked with an exchange which in fact would promote people using that exchange (share fee, referral bonus?) c) add a proper merchant directory (referal bonus?) d) Collaborate with Node40 e) Be a node40 competition and if connected with an exchange just transfer MN earnings straight to the exchange account f) Add a news tab for all the relevant articles g) Perhaps online wallet... ETC... dashwhale can be a dash hub. With all do respect, the dashtalk design is not nice, while Dashwhale is sexy...

The best lending rates in 1 place www.21bitcoin.eu/interests
NEXO, CELSIUS, CDC and other tax reports www.21bitcoin.eu
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 12:27:34 PM

Look what happened to DashWhale's proposal.  The implimented Evan's vision of a place where we can manage Dash voting, and a forum for proposals.  However, Evan never formally Green lighted the project, I suspect because he doesn't want to be the almighty dictator and to let MN voters do the right thing.  And MN voters won't support it, with many saying the reason was that Evan didn't say they should.  We all (community and MN voters) need to grow up and make the decisions that are right for Dash.  Will others that start projects, hoping to show they can do it prior to asking for funding, now stop because it looks very much like they can't win approval?  A project that's already obviously had a TON of work put into it for the benefit of the Dash Virtual Corporation, can't even get funding boggles my mind.

This hits the nail on the head, TanteStefana2.  Wink

Fully agree astonished to see the  dashwale proposal not getting enough yes votes

why would a 3rd party app get funding from Dash ?
i do not understand why you are still pushing for this.

I am not a member there, no need for me (i do not share my details)
why would i vote for them to get funding ?
it is a great app, sure, but they could ask their customers to pay a dash a month and everything is settled !
why don't they ?

these 'emotional' discussions about votes like this or like that
come on, it has nothing to do with evan giving some kind of 'hand signal' that everybody votes yes or no !
i think (and hope) we are old enough to do that on our own.

so please let it go
 Wink
BiteMyShinyMetalAss

Activity: 617
Merit: 509

Crypto Card - https://platinum.crypto.com/r/28cz7d

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 12:32:14 PM

Look what happened to DashWhale's proposal.  The implimented Evan's vision of a place where we can manage Dash voting, and a forum for proposals.  However, Evan never formally Green lighted the project, I suspect because he doesn't want to be the almighty dictator and to let MN voters do the right thing.  And MN voters won't support it, with many saying the reason was that Evan didn't say they should.  We all (community and MN voters) need to grow up and make the decisions that are right for Dash.  Will others that start projects, hoping to show they can do it prior to asking for funding, now stop because it looks very much like they can't win approval?  A project that's already obviously had a TON of work put into it for the benefit of the Dash Virtual Corporation, can't even get funding boggles my mind.

Fully agree astonished to see the  dashwale proposal not getting enough yes votes

it is a great app, sure, but they could ask their customers to pay a dash a month and everything is settled !
why don't they ?

come on, it has nothing to do with evan giving some kind of 'hand signal' that everybody votes yes or no !

so please let it go
 Wink

Fully agree. Why fund dashwhale and not node40?

The best lending rates in 1 place www.21bitcoin.eu/interests
NEXO, CELSIUS, CDC and other tax reports www.21bitcoin.eu
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 12:33:07 PM

but dashwhale is paid service, its better if community willing to create their own website with these capability and funded by community.

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
orangecycle

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 12:36:32 PM

Nothing astonishing about that. People vote what they think is good for DASH as a currency. Whoever is using dashwhale can donate money if they want. So if we support dashwhale and next day node40 implements excatly same features, will we fund node40 as well?  I am actually happy, dashwhale proposal was not passed. While it may seem donations is the only way to generate money, but its not true. Dashwhale stands at a unique oppurtinity to broaden service and become like a dash hub. The design is perfect and simple, hence it can expand. Perhaps a) Link dash price graphs b) Dash price graph linked with an exchange which in fact would promote people using that exchange (share fee, referral bonus?) c) add a proper merchant directory (referal bonus?) d) Collaborate with Node40 e) Be a node40 competition and if connected with an exchange just transfer MN earnings straight to the exchange account f) Add a news tab for all the relevant articles g) Perhaps online wallet... ETC... dashwhale can be a dash hub. With all do respect, the dashtalk design is not nice, while Dashwhale is sexy...

Funny you should mention us (Node40) in regards to budget proposals. We just released a first iteration of our Budget Proposals page. We don't currently support push-button voting for people who aren't hosting with Node40, but it is in the works.
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 01:05:10 PM

When and if a serious attempt is made to destroy DASH it could well take the form of an irresistible honeypot app. Dashwhale, moocowmoo and node40's services are so appealing that they provide a useful hint of what could - some day - be big centralized trouble. I hope they and all future devs can go out of their way to demonstrate that there are no centralized vulnerabilities in their services (email databases being one obvious vulnerability, ahem).

I absolutely do not want to demean those devs - I use some of their apps and am grateful to have them - but that's the problem (or future problem). Trusting Internet Strangers is dangerous. Trusting long-time allies is also dangerous (see Vertoe).

Gotta stay trustless.

Crude example: imagine a perfect app that sends daily email summaries of everything a MN operator would want to know - a perfect jewel. Under the hood is a database of MN owners that could be hacked or subpoenaed. The coin protocol security is thus compromised by a third-party app, even if its dev has no bad intentions.

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 01:15:16 PM

Crude example: imagine a perfect app that sends daily email summaries of everything a MN operator would want to know - a perfect jewel. Under the hood is a database of MN owners that could be hacked or subpoenaed. The coin protocol security is thus compromised by a third-party app, even if its dev has no bad intentions.

This did cross my mind also.

Anonyminty is out the window once you subscribe because there's a direct coupling of email address to blockchain address. It's not fatal because if subscribers get nervous they can always re=anonymise their funds and establish new collateral addresses that are once again anonymous, but all the same you do have a point. I was aware of this when I signed up. The cost of convenience  Wink

P.S. This isn't just an issue with Dash - it occurs across the whole crypto commercial sector. Exchanges, for example, have databases of email addresses which are mappable to blockchain addresses sourced from deposits and withdrawal records.
moocowmoo

Activity: 263

bovine quadruped, professional loafer, dash dev

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 01:21:36 PM

moo just makes it look hard 'cos he's a ninja voodoo script wizard Wink

*blushes*

Hehe, thanks.  I've just spent an (my wife would agree) unhealthy amount of time in a linux terminal.

Lol, we need to propose a moo budget Smiley He gave me a hand out with getting to grips with git recently and it was invaluable, cheers moo Smiley

Lol, no.  As a proud git protagonist, I'm happy to initiate the uninitiated.

---

Thanks for your help yesterday  and  very good dashman application.

You're welcome! And thanks! I've enjoyed making it.

( I'm actually porting it to python now, will be easier to handle internationalization with some proper templating. )
( Thanks tombtc! --> https://github.com/moocowmoo/dashman/blob/i18n/lang/pl_PL.sh )

I'll invite people to submit their own translations once I've finished the python port.

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 01:25:20 PM

I don't miss vertoe. I do miss chaeplin though.

I really miss chaeplin too.  Brilliant.  It's always disconcerting and worrisome when someone you know on a forum disappears.  No way to find out if they're OK or dead, or captured or what Sad

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
moocowmoo

Activity: 263

bovine quadruped, professional loafer, dash dev

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 01:31:35 PM

Dashwhale, moocowmoo and node40's services are so appealing that they provide a useful hint of what could - some day - be big centralized trouble.

This is exactly why I don't ask for any personal information; So I don't have any to give or lose control of.

I do ask people to get in touch with me so I can notify them if there's an issue, but that information is secure, offline.

Not to mention we'll have dedicated 'start' keys sometime in the future, so I won't even need that anymore, which I look forward to.

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 01:33:17 PM

why don't they ?

so please let it go
 Wink

I think it should be funded for the central forum hub where proposals can be discussed and hammered out by developers, community and MN voters.  For that part of the site, I think they should get funding.  The other part, which actually also benefits DASH as a currency, is more controversial because not all MN owners would want to use it (I don't).   IMO the MN management section makes it easier for MN voters to view and interact with the community, then submit their votes, increasing participation, it is also worthy of funding.  But secondary to the first reason.  Ask any of these guys around here if they receive enough voluntary donations to actually pay for the work and resources they put out for.

Still, it's just my opinion. 

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 01:34:15 PM

i hope DAPI can be a solution for all these third-party problems.

Agreed. Distributed "everything" is the way to go. Let's bake it into all our DASH-branded cakes if possible. My voting finger itches at the prospect.        Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 5292 5293 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 [5323] 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 5353 5354 5355 5356 5357 5358 5359 5360 5361 5362 5363 5364 5365 5366 5367 5368 5369 5370 5371 5372 5373 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: